Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1126491 times)

johoward

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #26985 on: June 24, 2023, 01:15:37 PM »

4:49 on the crooked sign.   not too bad.
Had a great lunch. All left overs, but lots of them. Even set aside another dish for later.
Have not gone out yet for the day.  Just a short bike ride.  Just found out the place I was going to is not even open today.
Only on Sunday 10 until 2.
Now I feel like a nap is coming on. Bye

neva

« Reply #26986 on: June 24, 2023, 07:07:42 PM »

Bends ahead ...  22:06    104°  (5:30 pm)    Sunny and barely a breeze.

I hope all is well for all of you that stop by here ...

Cal ...   Yes, I feel bad for the people in that sub, but feel worse for the 19 year old kid who actually was not anxious to go, but wanted to make his father happy.  I hope it was as fast as they say it was.

That Wagner Group has its own agenda to get Putin and it's tempting to hope that they will, but that sure doesn't mean that they feel anything for the Ukrainians, who they were perfectly willing to kill before this change of intension.  But you knew all that, I know.  Probably Zelensky would be glad for any help that comes of this.

Well, this coming October we will have a new little fellow in our family (I suppose we already do)  We are looking forward to it,  It is my Granddaughter, the one that used to live here, but now, she and the love of her life, have their own place.  Things are looking good for them.  This family is good at producing girls, it is time for a little guy to join us.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2023, 07:32:47 PM by neva »
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #26987 on: June 25, 2023, 06:27:12 AM »

hi you guys its 69 here 55 raining in ice and 72 in kviv

hi neva well things change just like that oh i thought when wagner went after putin and putin all mad  hey you hired those thugs to rape beat tie mens hands behind their backs did all that to ukraine screw you but now i see wagner backing down like i would trust the likes of either of them i just wanted wagner take putin out of power just to show the world it can be done. like to  see  all of them go down.  biden getting all the live updates see i think like the eu that that is russia business not ours not nato we got enough of our own stuff. yay on your new oct grand!!!    :)

hi joho when do you leave for the bear course?

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/96055D572509?z=0

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calihoula

« Reply #26988 on: June 25, 2023, 11:08:22 AM »

Russian mercenaries’ short-lived revolt could have long-term consequences for Putin

A short-lived revolt by a rebellious Russian mercenary commander ended with his troops beating a retreat, but the extraordinary challenge to President Vladimir Putin’s two-decade hold on power could have long-term consequences for his rule and his war in Ukraine.

Putin’s image as a tough leader had already been badly bruised by the Ukraine war, which has dragged on for 16 months and claimed huge numbers of Russian troops. Saturday’s march toward Moscow by forces under the command of his onetime protege, Yevgeny Prigozhin, exposed further weaknesses, analysts said.

It also meant some of the best forces fighting for Russia in Ukraine were pulled from that battlefield: Prigozhin’s own Wagner troops and Chechen ones sent to stop them

After calling for an armed rebellion aimed at ousting Russia’s defense minister, Prigozhin and his fighters appeared to seize control of the Russian military headquarters in Rostov-on-Don that oversee fighting in Ukraine.

They then advanced towards Moscow largely unhindered. Russian media reported that they downed several helicopters and a military communications plane. The Defense Ministry has not commented.

They were halted only by a deal to send Prigozhin to neighboring Belarus, which has supported Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. Charges against him of mounting an armed rebellion will be dropped, according to Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov, and Prigozhin ordered his troops back to their field camps
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #26989 on: June 25, 2023, 11:11:31 AM »

i checked on baby birds in nest on front porch getting big went to tv cam wow they are huge!
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #26990 on: June 25, 2023, 11:18:06 AM »

i heard this carrie underwood song on the farm out in the barn i googled it love this song girl can really sing

https://youtu.be/pJgoHgpsb9I

neva

« Reply #26991 on: June 25, 2023, 06:58:55 PM »

Roof Window ...  25:19    107°   Sunny and a mild breeze.  (thermometer on my back porch says 112°.  The valley floor is at different levels, and it depends on where the temp is registered, what it will be.  The airport is an often used site.

I hope all is well with you.

Cal   Well, going after Putin may encourage others to think it is possible.  Let's hope.    Yes, Carrie Underwood has a good voice.  The video was sad, but it tells a real story that some poor souls live. 

Hi Joho, I hope you're having a good day.

(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #26992 on: June 26, 2023, 03:19:24 AM »

5:59 3 AM finally got to it Yikes.
Had a good day. Mary worked all day, but my Debbie did go with me to Heritage Farm in Brunswick, OH. Here a classmate of mine has resurrected a very old farm house and out buildings into a historical museum surrounded by lots of craft vendors.  One, the first we encountered walking in from the pasture parking lot, had plants for sale and a winning presence.  She says to him, "I will take one of those, one of those, and 16 of those".  LOL  Her green thumb in action.  She recognized that his prices were very attractive.  We bought 18 plants for only about $21. 
We toured the ancient barns and the old farmhouse.  A motherly woman in period garb showed us through the house where some of the furnishings and wall decor were actually from the 1800's.  We both saw for our first time that each place at table had a pretty little crystal dumbbell thingy.  This, she said, was a knife rest to keep your gravy and butter off the table clothe.  What a luxury that must have been in the day.  After all the whole family and all their worldly belongings had come across half the continent in a smallish ox drawn wagon.  They all had to wear all their clothes in several layers, because space in the wagon was so limited.  It was only 4ft. wide by 10 ft. long after all.
We looked at a lot of tents with crafty things for sale.  We bought a variety of interesting things.  Like doggie clothes for Molly, Mary's dog and a comical "stool softener" which is a tiny wooden mallet and a three legged stool in a pill bottle.I wish Mary could have seen all these crafts.  She likes crafts, and asked me to photo some for her to see.  I tried, but did not get many clear shots.  My pretend phone is second rate at photos. I will take her there someday.  She will like it.
Went for lunch at the hungry bear.  Where we were the last ones leaving.  We were lingering over our toast and jam when the head waitress comes up and says, " I am taking your dishes now, because I don't want have to wash them and the dishwasher is getting ready to go home".  They were closing at 3PM, and it was already after 2:45.
Then we went to see Bonnie.  Then to Walmart for soil and big pots.  Then to my house to re pot my nice big cherry tomato on my lonely looking patio. Also Debbie grubbed around in my front flower bed planting a row of 16 beautiful little posies. Then to Debbie's with the very interesting "Popcorn" plant she bought for $8.  This plant smells just like popcorn when you agitated the leaves just a little.  It was about 24 inches tall with a longish yellow bloom spike on top.  The leaves look like a miniature black locust tree.
Then we had Marco's pizza, and reminisced for a while.
I tried to engage Mary in our day, but she was just too busy and too tired to participate. She was very pleased to hear that some of the planting was at my house. I will see Mary today sometime.  Maybe she will come see Debbi's gardening efforts at my house, and get Molly's new scarf.  I hope it fits.  Molly likes to dress up I think.
Well I will leave you now.  I will try to go back to bed for a while.

CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

calihoula

« Reply #26993 on: June 26, 2023, 06:44:15 AM »

hi you guys got to pick up groceries etc

hi neva that carrie video was sad i too had an abusive father drinking his biggest battle was drinking poor mom finally she got polly dogs i took her cats and she left him drove clear to vegas my aunt ruth on my dads side helped them dad abused her too when he was drinking so i tried to focus on the good times at the end he did quit drinking  so hot for you guys

hi joho good you got do all that

gotta go gb ukraine gb all animals gb all of us

cant do puzzle on my ipad try to later

neva

« Reply #26994 on: June 26, 2023, 05:26:31 PM »

110°  (3:19 pm)   Sunny, a bit of a breeze.

Cal   You are right to try to focus on the good memories. 

Joho    It sounds like you had a great time -  a very full day.  That's great.
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #26995 on: June 27, 2023, 06:01:53 AM »

Sharon's Bear News - UPDATE June 26, 2023

Holly in Cedar - Photo by Nick Angus
Great pictures and words: Sharon’s report

Bear News – June 22, 2023 - North American Bear CenterNorth American Bear Center

Thank you, Sharon, and thank you all for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #26996 on: June 27, 2023, 06:13:36 AM »

hi you guys its 62 here 55 raining in ice and 72 in kviv 67 in the barn holly sure needs a brushing out! like indy does when he rolls

hi neva at least you got a breeze we are in for those 100 days soon maybe tomorrow i dread that too.  i need to hurry here need to mows dogs yard like now. i saw on the world news showed wife and mother of them two on sub she was sitting there waiting for it come back up  :( said that man that ran that arrogant to go so many things not right like real titanic was told to turn back but instead plunged in cold dark ice. what is wrong with people. this is where i am so thankful for all my common sense. doesnt sit well than its a no. its okay to be afraid and act on that sometimes i read on that carrie underwood video that man who played her dad she said she was afraid of him how good of an actor he was. i saw those tornadoes on world news ripping thru IN  :(

HI Joho

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/06055D4FBF5C?z=0

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

johoward

« Reply #26997 on: June 27, 2023, 06:21:17 PM »

hi ev1,
i did this puzzle a while ago on my desktop pc.  now i am on my laptop and my earlier time is not here.  maybe i forgot to post.  my time was about 7 minutes, because i was distracted.
news is on.  smoke is bad in chicago heading for new york.
Sounds bad.  Cool here wet off and on all day.
Not set up well here at the table.  So I will sign off until tomorrow.  CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

johoward

« Reply #26998 on: June 28, 2023, 08:24:28 AM »

What 's wrong Cal?
I redid yesterday's puzzle, and lost the time again.  I am doomed.
Warm but smoky morning here and along the Mighty Mississippi.
CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

calhound

« Reply #26999 on: June 28, 2023, 09:03:47 AM »

hi you guys i went to walmart did all my stuff trying to get alot done it will 105 today  got so much too do way too much air quality is poor here too today

gb ukraine gb all animals gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/AA055D5783F8?z=0