Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1126572 times)

johoward

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #26955 on: June 16, 2023, 09:43:58 AM »

Vulture babies are having lunch.  Eagles are just resting and growing for today.  CUL EV1 GBU

neva

« Reply #26956 on: June 16, 2023, 06:03:22 PM »

Sailing Paradise ... 26:48     98°  (2:03 pm)   Bright and sunny, and a bit windy as well... thankfully.  There are a few thin clouds, but no towering rain clouds yet, to be seen on this second day of the Monsoon.

I hope everyone is having a very good day, or at least a reasonably good day ... 

Joho   That is quite a nice price that you paid for those strawberries.   

Cal    I often give a house brand a try to see if it is any good.  Often, it is.   We usually check the Bakery Rack too of day old items, and can often find something special there. 
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #26957 on: June 17, 2023, 05:32:49 AM »

Pinata Treats, Paul, The Daily Duckwalk, and More - UPDATE June 16, 2023

Tasha w/ piñata
Thank you

At the Bear Center the ambassador bears got their piñata treats in celebration of their half-birthdays with thanks to you for donating $2,070 for more bear food. "Taught caught two videos of Holly and Lucky in action.

Holly: https://www.facebook.com/NorthAmericanBearCenter/videos/3114685978825021
Lucky: https://www.facebook.com/NorthAmericanBearCenter/videos/1664870580647866

The picture is of Tasha and her piñata.

Another event was this 29-minute update by Scott, Sharon, and Spencer of the fencing project and more caught by our friends:

Moe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqXNw0Om8GY and
"Taught": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb8esmhjNHA

Paul yearling male
Paul yearling male
At the WRI, yearling Paul let us know he is still in the neighborhood although he is now usually off in the woods like the others these days.

Before that, the day started with the Daily Duckwalk to eat grass, steal bear food from the scale, and look pretty in the sun. I couldn’t tell what they were eating at first because they stick their heads down into the vegetation and don’t chew with their mouths open. But now I know it’s grass, thanks to this pretty male giving me an unusual look inside his mouth. Grass is a common food for mallards.

Then, out another window, I wondered what a chipmunk was doing, coming up with mouthful after mouthful of something until its cheeks were bulging. Then it was obvious. He is under a red maple tree that has been dropping its winged seeds the last couple days. To confirm that, he turned for a lucky picture that shows him gripping the wings of a maple seed at the moment he is putting the seed portion into his open mouth to bite it off. Then he was on his way quickly picking up seed after seed and doing the same. Mystery solved—a mystery that anyone who has a maple tree and squirrels or chipmunks would have known immediately.

Chipmunk w/red maple seed
Chipmunk w/red maple seed
 Mallard eating grass
Mallard eating grass
Thank you for donating for the half birthday celebration.

And Thank you all for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #26958 on: June 17, 2023, 05:46:13 AM »

hi you guys its 65 here 58 in ice and 82 in kyiv not sure what it was in the barn full of raccoonies i had to hurry putting out dry dog food cause i do not have enough cookies to hand out a few times like halloween in there cats hungry indy talking sweets talking okay okay. such nice pictures in update. parent sleeping at tv cam but both kids up so parent will probably be up any minute falcon box more empty but see some there one on roof

hi joho i see falcon on the roof and yes happy the kids fledge hate those bugs on our local news other day strawberry recall on the frozen ones walmart for one and i have gotten those before not recently i thought that is it for strawberries for me. make you very sick and i dont need that. i try to stick to same stuff. i hear my barn swallows on the front porch here.

hi neva i miss the day old bakery cart at walmart only if i go in can i check it online shopping you cannot not but then again they shop for me pick up heavy dog food load it up.

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/B0055D5707E6
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #26959 on: June 17, 2023, 11:31:15 AM »

7:17 Stick mouse.
Lunch time now. Seems I am always going to eat
.LOL
Did have a great time with Debbie at my nephew Chris's wedding last evening.  Told Deb about Mary.  She is happy for us.
Me too! CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

neva

« Reply #26960 on: June 17, 2023, 06:00:46 PM »

Sail Boats ...  21:37      99°  (3:31 pm)   Hot Sun/mild breeze.  It is probably 100° somewhere in the valley.

I hope all going well for you.

Cal    During the first part, and most, of the Covid thing, I did our grocery shopping online, and we would go and pick it up.  I actually did like that method of shopping, but of course I didn't get to checkout things like the Bakery rack either.  I missed that.  I don't grocery shop anymore, Michelle is the shopper now, and she is pretty good at it, as is her daughter, Bella.

Joho    I am happy for you too, and glad that your daughter is not against it.

(It's 101° at my house.  hadn't checked what it is here.)

« Last Edit: June 17, 2023, 06:11:47 PM by neva »
(J.W. Stephens)

calihoula

« Reply #26961 on: June 18, 2023, 12:15:54 PM »

Updates
Moe is Back - UPDATE June 17, 2023

Lucky swimming about a month ago
Our friend Moe who took many videos of Bear Center activities has been gone for two years with back issues. He has returned and here are three 3-minute videos of Sharon with each of the three ambassador bears. Thank you Moe! Good to see you.

Tasha -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hthGGRufME

Holly -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2j_KufT0jk

Lucky - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btmCgR4CfKI

Thank you all for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #26962 on: June 18, 2023, 02:50:18 PM »

It's 103° at my house, sunny and windy.

I hope that you two are alright.

Happy Father's day, Joho.
(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #26963 on: June 18, 2023, 10:25:20 PM »

Thanks Neva,  Something must be wrong in Cal's life.  I am sorry for whatever it is.  GB her.
It is 11 pm here Neva.  I suspect you may still see this, so thanks for the nice Fathers day wishes.  Spent the day at Debbie's.  Was very nice. I made a campfire.  Which I will text to Cal. Deb came home from dog rescue duty at about five o'clock, and made dinner for us.  She gave me a nice card and a zero value scratch off.  Oh well.  Takes a lot of luck.
Drove by Mary's on the way home, but did not go in. She said she was too tired for company.  She got up too early I think.
Got a wonderful video call from Shannon and Brian.  They are so pretty and handsome.  I love them soooo much.
Tired now.  Good Night CUL EV! GBU and GB Ukraine

calhound

« Reply #26964 on: June 19, 2023, 06:07:50 AM »

hi you guy yes something wrong had a lost and also i am feeling so sick. hate to go on about me when she is no longer here i would take this sickness 100 times over to have her back. my body hurts all over yesterday i could barely make it to the barn every step i cried and my gut is sick i feel just really sick yesterday i got back from the barn i went back to bed feed everyone went back to bed jim went to his dad i was happy cause dogs got on the bed with me and they slept too no barking i slept till 10:30 made myself get up this morning forcing myself to stay up i gotta feed everyone in case i have to lay back down i gotta go

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/5E055D540313?z=0

johoward

« Reply #26965 on: June 19, 2023, 06:58:49 AM »

6:22 thanks Cal for coming in in spite of how you feel.
It was just great to see Tasha out stomping all over the viewing area yesterday.  She is in the new pen, and can be seen now on the Pond Cam.
 My sister Patty said I cannot come over with my cousin Tammi for a book signing, because she is very ill right now. So just get better. 
You know drink lots of water they say.  Then of course  you have to get up and go, even when you really want to just stay under those covers.
I will go see Bonnie in Keystone Point Memory unit on Wednesday.  It is the first day of summer and is her birthday which Debbie always remembers.  I will try to get Mary to go with me, but that is Mary's widow's lunch day I think.  Maybe we can go later or I can go alone.
I am going to head out now on my bike.  So CUL EV1 GBU especially Cal , and GB Ukraine.  God help Cal feel better a lot are missing her.

neva

« Reply #26966 on: June 19, 2023, 05:38:28 PM »

Coca Cola ...  27:25   101° - (real temp, not heat index)   (2:46 pm)   Sunny, hazy and windy.

Cal    I am sorry for your loss.  I know that you have so much that you must do, but do get some rest when you can.  Get well.

Joho     I wonder, how far do you go from home on your bike?  Does your area have any bike paths? 
(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #26967 on: June 19, 2023, 09:17:20 PM »

Yes Neva I live in a good area with miles of flat paved trails in back of the houses in two neighboring 50+ communities.  It is safe from most cars.  Even the streets have only modest traffic.  It is very nice.  I usually ride about 2 miles close to home. Sometimes, if it is not too windy, I will go through abutting neighborhoods.  Then I ride about 6 or 8 miles.  My knees get a good workout then, and I feel it the next day.  I hope you got to see Tasha. She was out for about an hour yesterday and she made the very most of it.  Today I saw her in the new enclosure.  Have not seen Lucky or Holly out yet.
Did not get to see Mary yesterday or today.  Maybe late tomorrow I will. She is busy today and tomorrow hosting a gathering at her home.  She is really busy with her preparations.  I can tell she is preoccupied, because she does not answer questions in my texts.
  I can't get over my surprise at how much I miss her.  She does not know that.  I have not told her.
She said we can spend some time on Wednesday.  I will be glad to take her for a ride in the country.  She enjoys being a passenger so she can take in the country side, and I enjoy driving so we are both satisfied.
  I will introduce Mary to Joan's BFF Bonnie in memory care.  Bonnie was born on the Summer Solstice in , I think, 1941.  I am praying hard for Cal to be healed soon.  My sister Patty Wyman who wrote that book is also sick with digestive distress for about a week already.  I asked my cousin Tammi if she would go with me to Pattie's for a signing.  She wants go, but Patty put us off a while.  She does want to see us but later when she is well.  So that is on hold.
Now I am getting sleepy.  I woke at 4:30 am and have been up since.  So I will say CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

johoward

« Reply #26968 on: June 20, 2023, 05:24:43 AM »

Good morning.  Here I am again.  Up at 4:30 again. Could not go back to sleep. It is very rare for me to be here before Cal.  Prayers for your comfort and confidence Cal.  GBU.
I will be back a little later.  May try an early ride.  Have not done that in a while. Coffee, cereal, and pills all on board already.  So I am ready for the day.
Bye for now. GBU all and GB Ukraine

calhound

« Reply #26969 on: June 20, 2023, 05:32:21 AM »

hi you guys i am better this morning i woke up in the middle of night covered in sweat but then the ac felt really good as did dogs laying close to me and my cats on the front of me i sleep hard just wanting to sleep but i stayed up all day yesterday got all my stuff done for the kids. so i going to the barn having a hard time breathing air quality is really poor they said again but got my barn stuff done. i drank some pepsi bismol yesterday that helped and did not eat anything that helped too i told jim i dont know what i got cause im not around anyone and he said well im in and out of that nursing seeing my dad i think he may wear a mask but right now with my poor breathing i can not wear one can not. jim said even he is having problems breathing too air is just so bad here. i dont know why either. but i think i can go to walmart here very soon pick up groceries which we need.  i am sorry to worry you guys just sick. joho i saw your message on my phone earlier making sure i had my phone in my purse before heading to walmart. your campfire very nice thank you for gbing me neva you too and you alice yes alice all this sleeping is good for not only my body but my mind escape for awhile. i stayed out in the barn in an out alot yesterday but it was getting to me. its so hot here jim and justin putting up hay ac feels good ac in barn big help but still all that dust and hay. i feel so grateful to feel better my body not quite as sore but i am having trouble holding on to some stuff i drop alot of stuff.gotta get going feed everyone and head out

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

for joho
http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/99055D4F97A6?z=0