Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1126563 times)

johoward

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #26970 on: June 20, 2023, 09:35:25 AM »

Thanks Cal,
 Sounds like you have turned the corner. Thank God.

johoward

« Reply #26971 on: June 20, 2023, 09:58:57 AM »

5:26  Beautiful day here today. I already rode for about 6 miles.  Will probably go again. I am having trouble adjusting for getting up so early.  It has been almost six hours since I ate my cereal.  My stomach thinks it is lunch time, but the clocks all say no, too early for lunch. LOL
Heard from Mary on Messenger.  She slept in a while after yesterday's exertions, but says she feels great and looking forward to seeing her friend group today at her home.  She has a wonderful covered patio and yard which takes a lot of her energy.  I will see her tomorrow for sure and I am glad.  Hope I can sleep in just a little tomorrow.
Cal it sounds like your temps are trying to catch up to Neva's.  It is only 75 right now over here by beautiful Lake Erie.  I sometimes think this the "best location in the nation" as they say on the news casts.
Well I give up.  I am just going to have some lunch right now.  Hold on stomach! Sandwich is on the way!
It was a real treat seeing Tasha.  I look forward to seeing a lot more of our bears soon.
CUL EV 1 GBU and GB Ukraine

neva

« Reply #26972 on: June 20, 2023, 04:47:29 PM »

Father's Day ...  23:31      100°  (2:20 pm)    Sunny w/ gauzy clouds, and windy.

I hope your day is moving in the right direction, so far ... 

Cal    I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better.  I don't know, but was wondering if there are still smoke particles in the air from the Canadian fires, that have made their way down to you?  Maybe that had something to do with your breathing difficulties.  You could get an air purifier for your room so that at least while you are sleeping, things would be better.  Just a thought.

Joho    Maybe a piece of fruit would hold you between breakfast and lunch... like an apple, Nectarine, banana or something.  Of course, there was nothing wrong with moving lunch up a bit either.  Speaking of lunch, I guess I had better go get something, I haven't had breakfast yet.  breakfast/lunch, or would that be brunch?  lol!

"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calihoula

« Reply #26973 on: June 20, 2023, 05:23:00 PM »

hi neva yes news said those fires dust from gravel roads and dust is really bad here im fine in my room have an extra ac in here attic fan going its really nice and cold in here dogs so happy bedtime . i did not sit down till 1 pm then oh feed the dogs i bought a new fan for bird nest on front porch set it on high sits on my moms metal stand tied to it tilted to two barn swallow babies they always love that little heads getting that wind got one down stairs too so jim came in said a big blank snake on front porch maybe going for those baby birds oh bullsh** i went out there did not see it but huge bush there i told jim i see it going up a column to that nest i slammed down my cane i will take it out! jim said you never want to hurt something well i would for that! jim went back to his barn work on baler i remembered snake away! works in the barn i got some at tractor supply not the same stuff so i put that out all the porch then got some snake away in the barn put that out too. tried to hurry parents wanting to feed their kids i mean to tell you i hate summer!! i got to order more snake away. so terrible about that little missing sub something i would never do jp was so brave. im wanting to eat a little container on lite vanilla icecream i bought at harps today my car was loaded from walmart pick up harps if i should get sick again got lots for kids us harps too well getting that icecream
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #26974 on: June 21, 2023, 05:28:16 AM »

Tasha - UPDATE June 20, 2023

Tasha in her new pen
I’m not sure who took this, but it is such professional quality that I had to pass it on. It’s Tasha in her new pen waiting for all the construction to get over so she can explore the big enclosure again. Good job, whoever took it. Thank you.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #26975 on: June 21, 2023, 05:52:40 AM »

hi you guys its 66 here 51 raining in ice 82 in kviv and 68 in the barn tasha looks so cute in her new pen. girl ready to get out and play check things out. i woke up to good breathing and went to the barn raccoonies all acting good too not trying to get to my cookies just letting me dump dog food in their pans and cats eating their food indy got his sweets too i was breathing okay out there too . but its cool and morning still pretty nice to breath better. weather here says today will be a moderate day so not extreme high it junk from factories down in the city too they said just lots of stuff and wind just standing really rain coming sat so may get this out of here. i saw on the world news that sub they heard like a ping in that area. but getting to it getting it up

hi joho i think it is going to be 90 today i dont know about the humidity that is such a killer. bad enough to be hot. hope you keep having your nice weather send it down to me.

hi neva i saw on weather channel so hot in texas like triple digits. excessive heat warning for my cousin janice and matt and renee. i know she will be staying inside. she sent some pictures of her little dog sassy that she gave to her friend helen last year. sassy loving florida

i dont hear my birds on the front porch better go and check on that and feed the dogs i did not eat any icecream i just went on to bed i think leaving sugar alone for now helps my gut i hope cause nice to not have it hurting me.

gb ukraine which i also watched on the world news showing dead soldiers laying all over and i just want to scream putin wth and you get to keep doing it gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/B6055D5B6EE3?z=0

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #26976 on: June 21, 2023, 07:28:55 AM »

7:32 Hard for me this morning.  I kept think about meeting Mary and going for a nice relaxing, I hope, ride in the country for her.  She has been going through a couple of hectic days entertaining others.
I did have a nice ride already.  Saw about 6 or 7 neighbors walking the trail around our community.  Saw one lady on a cute smaller girlie bike with a helmet that matched her little bike.  She looked fairly stable.  A lot of elderly riders do not look stable.  There is often quite a bit of wobbling back and forth.  Especially at low speeds.  Well was nice out and fairly warm.  I wore only a pocket t shirt and shorts.
Nom again I will say CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine
Go Bears!

calhound

« Reply #26977 on: June 22, 2023, 05:33:41 AM »

hi you guys its 68 here but humid like 54 raining in ice 82 in kyiv and 71 in the barn my internet provider updated redid the email was going to do that at 9 pm last night oh only take a few hours new format well this morning cannot get into my email very aggravated as i have more snake away coming now cant check on that hope no ac jobs cause no email will have to call later something i just love to do. i think i heard on the news earlier sending some big ship that a cable deal that could pull that sub so i am wondering why did we wait till last minute for that. i hope no one is stupid enough to get in that thing again.

gb urkaine gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/35055D5B3A57?z=0

neva

« Reply #26978 on: June 22, 2023, 06:01:04 PM »

Palm Nut Vulture ...  17:44     100°  (3:32 pm)  Partly cloudy and windy. 

I hope that all is well with all of you.

Hi Cal  ...   My daughter was wondering if perhaps the owner of that sub tried to get too close to the Titanic, like trying to fit onto one of the open decks.  I think it'd be pretty easy to get hung up if he did that.  The next time anyone goes down there to check on the ship, they may find that they did just that.  It is so sad.  Everyone has been trying to find them, but finding them is not getting them up.  I hope people learn something from this. 

Hi  Joho ... 
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #26979 on: June 23, 2023, 05:10:59 AM »

Help From All Directions - UPDATE June 22, 2023

Lucky by Nick Angus
Throughout my career, I’ve often felt overwhelmed with thankfulness when people saw needs and stepped up to help the mission in more ways than I can count. Steps to dockThat’s what made the North American Bear Center. It’s what made the den cams happen. It’s what made the speakers’ bureau to spread the message. It’s what’s kept my work going longer than any bear study ever. It’s what enabled us to identify so many bears and keep the birth and survival records of Shadow’s Clan building for some 28 years now. And so much more. 20230622 Steps to dock 2The last few days, especially today, reminded me of that as well as the 15 or more people who saw how they could help stepped up. They added an electric mini-boat to the mix, built a railing to get down to it, made the dock like new, set up a shed to have life jackets by the boat and canoes, ordered and organized food for the bears, added a fan over the table where we will all be eating during the courses, got the van cleaned and ready, got the pontoon boat ready, filled potholes in the driveway, crawled under the WRI to make sure there were no mouse holes, mowed the viewing area, saw the need for a newer computer for lectures, installed a new fancy faucet for the kitchen sink, got outdoor picnic tables ready for use, made a new coffee corner, and are looking forward to the excitement of the courses. I know there is much more I can’t recall, with so many people helping that I don’t dare mention names for fear of missing someone—like the people who ordered and organized new merchandize on the shelves and the new cook who will be helping JM, etc.

Tasha by Nick Angus
Tasha by Nick Angus
 Holly by Nick Angus
Holly by Nick Angus
However, I have to mention the name of the new photographer at the Bear Center whose work I’m including in this update. It is Nick Angus, one of the new Bear Center interns. He just happened to be a Photography/Animal Behavior Major at Carroll University who is using his talent to take great pictures of the ambassador bears. In this update, he took the pictures of Lucky, Holly, and Tasha. Thank you, Nick.

Mallard
Mallard

I had to take the duck picture to prove that we took the pontoon boat out for the first test run of the year, which it passed.

A big thank you to everyone who made all this happen.

And thank you all for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #26980 on: June 23, 2023, 05:26:50 AM »

hi you guys its 69 here 55 raining in ice and 82 raining in kviv and 70 in the barn 13 raccoonies some waiting for me to come out the door throwing cookies getting my walker and moving. 7 of the 13 are little ones maybe and howler wanting food soon i will have to catch howler and praying somehow get her 3 kittens out back of the barn by hidey hole. pictures outstanding in update so happy all the help there place sure happy to have it too.

hi joho sounds like you will have a really good time when you go up for the bear course. lots making that happen.

hi neva well by now i am sure you too have heard on that little sub saw it on the world news so i will say that they said they died just like that so that is a good thing instead of that running out of air trapped in there all them days. may never find any of the bodies they said. what a shame but like you i hope others learned from this. yes i could see all kinds of things down there to get hung up in your daughter right on that. make sense it blew up and of course lose contact. what was the noise they heard later like someone banging on it. 

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/0B055D59BB4F

calihoula

« Reply #26981 on: June 23, 2023, 07:31:40 AM »

Democratic presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. suggested Wednesday that Russia has been “acting in good faith” in various efforts to end the war in Ukraine and placed blame on the U.S. for the 16-monthlong conflict.
Kennedy said in an interview on SiriusXM’s “The Briefing with Steve Scully” that Russian President Vladimir Putin has “repeatedly said yes” to negotiations.

“In fact, he negotiated, two times he agreed to agreements,” Kennedy said. “He agreed to the Minsk Accord, and then he agreed in 2022 to an agreement that would’ve left Ukraine completely intact.”
The Minsk agreements were two separate international agreements in 2014 and 2015 that sought to end fighting in the Donbas region of Ukraine. Fighting never ended entirely, and Putin claimed that the agreements did “not exist” shortly before launching his full-scale invasion of Ukraine last February.
It’s not immediately clear what 2022 agreement Kennedy is referring to. However, the long-shot Democratic candidate accused the U.S. of tanking the negotiations in Wednesday’s interview.

“It was us who forced [Ukrainian President Volodymyr] Zelensky to sabotage that agreement. It was already signed,” Kennedy claimed. “So, you know, the Russians were acting in good faith. … So, no, I think we’re the ones who have not been acting in good faith.”
Kennedy has previously criticized America’s involvement in the war in Ukraine, suggesting at an event in New Hampshire on Tuesday that the conflict is the “creation of a relentless mentality of foreign domination” on the part of the U.S.
“I abhor Russia’s brutal and bloody invasion of that nation,” Kennedy said, according to ABC News. “But we must understand that our government has also contributed to its circumstances through repeated deliberate provocations of Russia going back to the 1990s.”
TAGS ROBERT F. KENNEDY JR. RUSSIA RUSSIA-UKRAINE WAR UKRAINE VLADIMIR PUTIN VOLODYMYR ZELENSKY

long shot dem candidate move to russia
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #26982 on: June 23, 2023, 01:59:25 PM »

Ship Mast ...  22:56     91°  (10:59 pm)   Sunny, no wind yet.  It's supposed to reach 101° today.

Cal     Yes, you are right, at least it was fast.  I heard some kind of an expert say that one possibility is that this is a case of
'metal fatigue'.  After two other previous, successful trips down there, under all that pressure, the metal wasn't up to this third exposure to it.  That sounds possible.  The expert added that this sub had not been cleared for that deep of a dive anyway.

Just my opinion, but I think that Kennedy that was quoted is one egg short of a dozen anyway, and has his father and two uncles rolling in their graves.

Joho     I hope all is well.
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #26983 on: June 24, 2023, 07:13:28 AM »

hi you guys its humid here up in the 90's today 56 raining in ice and 79 raining in kviv jim went to the barn real early with me i had lots to carry and he saw all the raccoonies i told him as soon as you open the side door raccoonies will be there they were and he saw little raccoonies and we saw one of howlers kittens in the barn back by a hay tunnel but raccoonies ran it off. soon i will see if i can feed those 3 kittens in there and i am pretty sure i can get howler in a carrier i need to talk to neighbor that runs cat rescue need to get mom fixed so no more kittens kittens will be hard to get might have to use a live trap. why does this happen to me.

hi neva i saw a video showing what that sub collapsing would look like said be so fast that the brain would not even have time to think on it and it was  fast too just like that once it collapse that was it. yes metal fatigue how crazy to not even have that cleared for that dep of a dive. i read that kid was afraid to go but did not want to disappoint his dad.  people leave the titanic be. just let it be. i thought the same thing on that kennedy his father and two uncles rolling in the graves! i saw on cnn real early in the morning putin on talking about revenge well this Russia-Ukraine war live: Putin says Wagner rebellion a ‘betrayal’
A fighter of Wagner group stands guard in a street in the city of Rostov-on-Don
A fighter from Wagner group is seen atop an armoured vehicle in a street near the headquarters of the Southern Military District in the city of Rostov-on-Don, Russia, June 24, 2023 [Reuters]
By Kevin Doyle and Hamza Mohamed
Published On 24 Jun 2023
24 Jun 2023
Click here to share on social media
Russian President Vladimir Putin says an “armed mutiny” by the Wagner Group is treason, adding that “decisive action” will be taken against them.
The authorities in Moscow and the surrounding area say they have declared a “counterterrorism” state of emergency after Wagner boss Yevgeny Prigozhin claimed his forces were in control of military sites in Rostov that wagner boss said putin attacked his men he is taking over some russia places and military he is after putin. many people who live in russia after putin too. pres zen said things are happening now. i hope so i really hope so after all this time that someone may get putin. wake up the russian people. not let putin keep hiding his stuff.

hi joho

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/31055D51442B

johoward

« Reply #26984 on: June 24, 2023, 08:40:57 AM »

5:17 Vulture looks like a gull to me. 5:55 Sailboat.  Will do sign later, but thanks to Cal for sending them. Too nice here. 67 dehgrees at 9:40. Trying to get outside and bike or fish or Farmer market or something. LOL
  Found out from Debbie ISO means "In Search Of".  Saw it on my Nabor rumor board two days ago.  Finally asked Deb this morning what it meant.  LOL Live and learn.

Bye for now my friends.

GBU abd GB Ukraine