Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 622734 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #25035 on: June 04, 2022, 05:35:40 AM »

hi you guys its 60 here clear but rain to come later on weather lady katy said heavy rain but not ruin the whole day well katie it will ruin the whole day. flood barn again. just drying out but oct will be here soon.

hi joho hope you are better today. 4 raccoonies in the barn and following me for a cookies but maybe she ran them back i tell her quit terrorizing them raccoonies!

Hi Neva I watched the weather channel at 1 am when i woke up saw your city it was 87 then i think. dona had told me putin has four superior body guards and yes a food taster. man has threaten nukes every single time something does not go his way. just bombing cities to nothing no  matter if schools or hospital or people children animals. and africa so poor begging him to left ukraine grain out they are starving why does ukraine have to be the sacrifice to this sick pos. someone needs to help with those missiles raining down period. it is what it is. let this pos get what he wants just go free oh griz yes irks me have to be in a special club to get help how come just dont help think putin will just give up if he is loses okay i will turn myself in ive been bad. i would bet russians cheat at chess.

gb ukraine and all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/BB055D5017F6?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calihoula

« Reply #25036 on: June 04, 2022, 06:41:46 AM »

hi again neva getting ready to fill bird feeder and hummer feeder and water bowl for birds raccoonies possum then do pearl but im not trained with military stuff i do have common sense like that retired army col said need to make this more even all the missiles after after missiles need to take out putins launcher need farther range weapons to do that and of course putin will not like that threats again boris promised finland sweden if putin attacks them before they can get in nato he will send in  help other countries that want to help should too so maybe do that anyone that does not not want to really stop putin stay out of it cause something is going to have to take place
« Last Edit: June 04, 2022, 08:23:22 AM by calihoula »
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #25037 on: June 04, 2022, 10:04:47 AM »

6:05 frost hard to matchup.
Nice 66 degree morning here.
I keep praying for Ukraine to be spared more suffering.
Hard sometimes to imagine a divine presence in time of war and extreme sufferings.  Satan is truly powerful for his minions to inflict the pain and sufferring onto the innocents without being stopped.  100 days too many.  Each day with more atrocities.
I am feeling better today.  Just because I called the doctor.  LOL  Made it to 11 o'clock without a nap.  That is an improvement.  Not sure I am up to walking around the block yet, but maybe after lunch.
Been watching and chatting on Ted's cam this morning.  Recalling Heidi's adventures with Ted and races with Hollly from years back.
Good bye for now CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

calihoula

« Reply #25038 on: June 04, 2022, 10:24:59 AM »

4:47 with frost

hi joho good you are better

gb ukraine please die putin
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

« Reply #25039 on: June 05, 2022, 05:20:32 AM »

A New Neighbor - UPDATE June 4, 2022
Coyote
Coyote approaches
Coyote
Pauses to look
A new neighbor has been around a lot the last several days—always on the hunt—sniffing the ground here and there, searching for something I don’t know—also shaking its head from black flies, no-see-ums, and mosquitoes. That’s the big reason we don’t have field courses in June. This coyote has been in the open so briefly I haven’t gotten a decent picture before today. I could hardly believe how different it looked in different light in these pictures. They were taken only 22 seconds apart this evening with the sun down near the horizon. I was standing in the doorway perfectly still. It looked at me but kept coming (click), then turned, and as it was going away I said SSST and it turned for the second picture (click). Its color is different. Its fur looks different.Deer doe
Deer doe

The sun was also low early this morning for the wary deer coming up from the lake and stopping for over a minute to check out the yard. Was it looking for bears? The coyote? The bobcat we haven’t seen for weeks?

Lucy, Desi, and Arnie were here a couple times today and gave their weights: Lucy 170, Desi 79.5, and Arnie 76 pounds—good strong weights to start on their own whenever that is. Lincoln (Chloe’s yearling) is even bigger at 101.5.

A good day.

Bears Half Birthday

On another note, the Bear Center is holding their annual Half-Birthday Fundraiser. CLICK HERE for all the details!

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #25040 on: June 05, 2022, 05:30:32 AM »

hi you guys its 61 here and clear but big storms this afternoon and maybe tonight i hope not coyotee is very pretty hope it finds food somewhere else. when i went to the barn i heard the coyotees here howling over there and over there and then i heard my kitchen coyotees howling. 4 raccoonies in the barn had to yell at Maybe to leave them  alone. i liked some ukraine stuff on FB and they wanted me to join their page so i did. so now i get updates on stuff. i read about those poor soldiers fighting in maripol that steel plant saw that one picture awhile back after russian got them and on a bus girl fighter and her dog well what i read is awful pres zen trying to do a prisoner swap but *%^& putin says no he is really mad at them so im so upset i dont know why when they were getting some cilivans out they did not make her and her dog go then.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/E7055D5BAADF?z=0

GB Ukraine

calihoula

« Reply #25041 on: June 05, 2022, 09:26:55 AM »

got that bully stopped in 4:11

johoward

« Reply #25042 on: June 05, 2022, 01:12:54 PM »

5:29  Not bad for me.
Resting up today.  started antibiotics and cough pills.  Not feeling too bad ,but still tired.
I am prying hard for Ukraine.  Most news is not good to me.  The world sentiment is highly supportive of Ukraine.  Lots of volunteering in their support going on all over the world.  I have know a few Russians over the years.  The one who stands out in my memory was a very selfish individual.  He did not care at all for others.  I could picture him endorsing Putin.  It was not pleasant working with him.  I was glad when he left.
Time for a late lunch here.  Soo will CUL EV1.  GBU and GB Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #25043 on: June 05, 2022, 01:21:28 PM »

hi joho im happy that russian left too. i read this

Russia ‘suffering huge losses’ after Ukraine recaptures chunk of Sievierodonetsk, says governor
Ukraine now controls around half of the key eastern city of Sievierodonetsk after recapturing 20% of the territory they had lost to Russian forces, according to the head of the eastern region of Luhansk, Serhiy Haidai.

Russia had “previously managed to capture most of the city”, he said, “but now our military has pushed them back. They are really suffering huge losses”.

Speaking on national television, Haidai said:

They are moving forward step-by-step. They are simply destroying everything with artillery, aircraft, mortars, tanks.
But as soon as we have enough Western long-range weapons, we will push their artillery away from our positions. And then, believe me, the Russian infantry, they will just run.
The situation in the region as a whole remained “difficult”, with Sievierodonetsk “now just a concentration of hostilities” because the Russian army “is throwing all its reserves into this direction”, Haidai said.

jim and justin showed me on back side of barn long ago jim dug out a big trench with the backhoe but not past the barn and on out so where it ends water fills like a big creek stays seeps under and into pearls area they are now digging it on out i checked on pearl cause backhoe is loud with fans ac radio she is okay i hope this works tonight next four days rain so please work. you did great on the puzzle it was hard today good you are better im praying too gb ukraine putin please die i said please

calihoula

« Reply #25044 on: June 05, 2022, 01:24:48 PM »

ps brownie and penny looking out kitchen window barking and growling at justin backhoe will not shut their mouth or go in my room. oh time to feed them!  :)

calhound

« Reply #25045 on: June 06, 2022, 05:19:07 AM »

Food and Mating Means Fewer Sightings - UPDATE June 5, 2022
Holly
Holly
I was not at the WRI much today, but little food disappeared, meaning few bear visits, which says greens are still good in the woods with this late spring and many bears are occupied with mating. Looking forward to seeing who shows up this evening.

On the Bear Center facebook page https://www.facebook.com/NorthAmericanBearCenter/ I saw this extra nice picture of Holly and don’t know who took it but thought it worth stealing for all to see. Thinking of the good group of 8 interns there this year, I suspect it was one of them if not the staff who took it.

Thank you to them and thank you all for all you do.

Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #25046 on: June 06, 2022, 05:23:17 AM »

hi you guys its 65 partly cloudy that rain stayed south of us in the city but south. but more rain on the way. holly such a cute bear

got to pick up groceries i got a new ipad and they called said my glasses were in so getting those too this morning

GB Ukraine and all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/73055D54DF10?z=0

johoward

« Reply #25047 on: June 06, 2022, 11:02:53 AM »

5:36
Nice but hot today.  80 degrees already. 70% rain this PM. Taking antibiotics and cough pills.  Not feeling much different.  Still sleepy. Resting a lot.
 Read some small hopeful news that Ukraine troops slowing Russians in East.  Arms are on the way.  Hold on Ukraine. Hold on. God help them.
Baby animal cams all working well.  TV the cutest looking, but the sounds are not very pleasant.  Loud thumping and croaking.  LOL  The GSB falcon Mom is doing a much better job of feeding her babies this year.  They look like they will do well.
Debbie and Boss doing good.  Mary and baby doing good.
Dublin cam new and working good.
Almost lunch time so I will sy goodbye now.  CUL EV1 GBU  and GB Ukraine

calihoula

« Reply #25048 on: June 06, 2022, 02:43:20 PM »

kew train came in 3:41 took me to londons garden

hi joho it is very hot humid here too but no rain poured at ozark lake that is some good news on ukraine yes praying they hold them back i went in harps got some pop and stuff looking at can dog food i get griz if walmart is out good walmart was not out had it on my pick up order it was 1.12 a can today it was 1.69 gas is 4.39 i got gas for my car and gas can to mow in the morning before it rains california gas almost ten dollars a gallon. but not complaining ukraine has to deal with pure ugly evil. then i got my groceries then i parked and went inside got my new glasses reg and sunglasses oh i love them can see better too my right eye is 20/20 but left 40/20 now both 20/20

gb ukraine putin hope you fall down a few flights of stairs

calihoula

« Reply #25049 on: June 06, 2022, 02:45:02 PM »

just check baby tvs omg way way too cute! parent right there too