Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 628446 times)

neva

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #25050 on: June 06, 2022, 06:22:13 PM »

Kew Train ...  28:25       100°   (3:55 pm)    Bright, sunny and breezy.

A co-worker (bosses step daughter) called my granddaughter a couple of evenings ago and said the she and her parents have Covid.  We have those tests that the Gov. sent out, and Bella tested negative that evening, and tested negative again this morning,  So, that is what we are doing at the moment -- waiting to see what happens.  All in this house have had three of the Moderna shots.  I am hopeful that things will turn out well. 

That is great to hear that you got your glasses, Cal.  What a difference, right?  I have got to go do that too.  and, also glad that all is well with you and your family, Joho.   I used to watch the Decorah Eagle cam all the time, and somewhere along the way, stopped watching.  Now I am watching a set of cams in Massachusetts at a place called 'Crazy Acres' where a woman name Carlene White breeds, raises and trains Great Danes to be Service Dogs for the Mobility Impaired... especially with the idea of helping Veterans.  It's called SDP  -  Service Dog Project.  I should get back to the Eagles too.
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #25051 on: June 07, 2022, 05:17:30 AM »

Confusion - UPDATE June 6, 2022
Lucy and Desi
Lucy and Desi together June 6

Are Lucy and her yearlings going through family breakup? I know breakup happens in many ways, but here is the confusion. Lucy was here alone this morning. I thought breakup had happened. But then I got a call that Lucy was chasing Desi and Arnie up trees. Then I got a call that a Lucy lookalike was in that area with two yearlings but all was peaceful among them this morning. Could things have changed quickly with them. To confuse me, Lucy just arrived with her yearlings and everything seems copacetic. The picture is of Lucy and Desi peacefully exploring the cedar chip pile we put out to see what they do. Everyone else is confused too, but everyone will sort it out.

A problem is that work on the Bear Study website is scheduled tomorrow (6/7) and the next day (6/8), which means I can’t write updates the next couple days.

I’m predicting a good berry crop. The late spring has delayed blossoming. I think we are late enough that we have escaped the late frosts. Someone showed me a picture blueberry bushes covered with blossoms. Let’s hope pollinators are available to do their job.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #25052 on: June 07, 2022, 05:40:05 AM »

hi you guys i do not know temp as mr kitty has his big butt on my desk blocking part of screen with temp wait he just moved it 67 here says clear but no stars in the sky and on tv showing rain just now entering into mo will be here pretty soon. good jim and justin did not cut hay fields. jim asked me last night if it was going to rain i said i have not watched any tv today but on pearls radio the farm said yes.  dr rogers i would be confused all the time trying to keep track of all them bears! im happy no break up for now. hate those breakups. dr rogers will have fun on those bear field trips.

Hi Neva! my cousin janice posted a pictures of her in the hospital she said after two years and some months she has covid she is fully vaccinated she looked okay on oxygen she is almost 80 and some other stuff going on so i worry. let me run over to fb see if she posted again no she did not i asked her where is sassy her little dog her son and dil have her. so she is good. i hope you guys do not have it. just when you thought it was safe to go outside all my running around yesterday i had no mask on and neither did anyone else. i will get another shot in august when i get my flu shot. wow 100 again my dogs would not like that weather too much fur too much weight and griz really old cali getting up there too. my dogs like the snow. i have not worn my new glasses at all yet. still in their container but next time i drive will wear my new sunglasses. and yes what a difference that did make on fixing one eye. i told ra it was 40/20 and she said before she had her catarat surg her one eye was 400/20 she said can you imagine oh no i cant!! now with glasses she is 20/20 in both. but has to wear her glasses all the time. i have not watch the eagles either for along time i never did like seeing them bring live stuff to the nest or kill it to feed kids. i loved watching spanky and ted and them no killing and i love checking on tv cam no killing just what is already gone.

just checked on them sleeping

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/39055D56A926

GB Ukriane and all of us and putin please fall down an old abandon well
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #25053 on: June 07, 2022, 09:45:21 AM »

5:49  this morning.  Hi EV1.  Nice wet morning here, but cool anyway.  67 degrees at 10:34 and cloudy.  I like it cool.  I will go out today for errands like food etc.  No long walks though, due to threat of rain.

The eagles at North are within  just days of fledging.  The TV are still just the cutest yet.  The bears leveled the Snowman and his wife again by knocking over the deer proofing table onto them. Ted and his friends are all doing well.  The care takers are being careful of interaction avoidance.  The Dublin cam is working very well.  People there are seeming to be in a party mood most of the time.  I see lots of jackets and few shorts.

Ukraine starting to trade the dead.  So sad.  Why?  Why?  Why? Putin, who is gaining anything?  A Hugh sacrifice for nothing. Please God, open their eyes and hearts to your love, or smite them as the minions of Satan they are.

Bye for now CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #25054 on: June 07, 2022, 10:10:58 AM »

hi joho! i just mowed dogs yard other half of upper horse pasture. rain veered just south again but 60% tonight i am eating my quarter piece of watermellon i got at harps yesterday drinking warm diet dr pepper checked tv babies yes the cutest. i laughed out loud you saying how bears knocked over snow deer table so funny bears will be bears. i hope god smites out putin and his minions smite them back to hell with satin yes all this for one sick evil thing and world sat by for awhile sat by when tried to step in evil i will do this and that so,god smite away

gb ukraine putin go swimming with the sharks
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #25055 on: June 07, 2022, 10:18:59 AM »

Charles Michel: “Russia is to blame for the current food crisis. Only Russia. Despite all the lies and disinformation from the Kremlin.”
The President of the European Council 🇪🇺 in his speech at the UN Security Council accused the Russian Federation 🇷🇺 of problems with food supplies, impoverishment of the population and hunger.
According to him, the Russian Federation is using the situation to sneakily attack developing countries for its own political purposes.
After this speech, Permanent Representative of the Russian Federation Nebenzya left the UN Security Council hall!👋

Russia’s UN Ambassador Vassily Nebenzia stormed out of a UN Security Council meeting on Monday (6 June) as European Council President Charles Michel addressed the 15-member body and accused Moscow of fueling a global food crisis with its invasion of Ukraine.

Michel had also accused Russian troops of war crimes and crimes against humanity, specifically citing reports of sexual violence – the focus of the Security Council meeting – and describing it as “a tactic of torture, terror and repression.”

During his own statement earlier in the meeting, Nebenzia had “categorically refuted” any accusations of sexual violence by Russian soldiers, condemning what he said was a “lie.”

As he left the Security Council chamber during Michel’s statement, a visibly irritated Nebenzia told Reuters: “I couldn’t stay” because of “the lies that Charles Michel came here to distribute.”

Speaking directly to Nebenzia as he walked out, Michel said: “You may leave the room, maybe it’s easier not to listen to the truth.”
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #25056 on: June 07, 2022, 07:02:29 PM »

Hay Bales ... 25:57      103°  (4:47 pm)  Sunny with a light breeze ... hazy clouds to the east.  No rain to look forward to.

Cal ...  I love your good wishes for Putin most days, like -- swim with the sharks, or fall down the stairs, and so on.  If only.

So far, so good with the Covid exposure here.  I hope your cousin Janice will get through this and fully recover.  She'll be in my prayers.

(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #25057 on: June 08, 2022, 05:28:45 AM »

hi you guys its 64 here clear but jim woke me up little before 1 am said tornado heading this way get in the basement i then had to pee so did that went back to bed jim came in again i said i am not going to the basement. then i had to pee again cause takes me a few times to empty my bladder penny all wound up jumping on old griz so i got on her i looked out my window in the bathroom and lots of wind and rain my phone buzzing said tornado in your area go to the basement i went back to bed could hear jim on his phone talking penny heard too barking yelled at her i am like if you are so worried about that tornado take yourself and your phone down to the basement!! wonder who he found to talk too probably justin he works nights. so i am tired when i saw the local news tornado did go down in kansas over by the race track and lots of power in kansas but not here. barn did not flood and pearl was good no power out here.

Hi Neva still have not heard on my cousin yet i will check today on her.

GB Ukraine and putin I hope you go skydiving and oh snap your parachute is not opening

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/AC055D52B335?z=0

calihoula

« Reply #25058 on: June 08, 2022, 07:19:35 AM »

What’s keeping us hopeful is that we [Ukrainians] have the truth and God on our side, and we have so much support from the American people” - co- founder of a Ukrainian-American non-profit "Razom for Ukraine" Mariya Soroka on Fox News.

on my fb and some comments to that post. God bless Ukrain. We stand behind you here in South Africa. The enemy will be defeated in Jesus name

Support not only America, the world ,Australia's not a big country, but better we're than russia ,we're giving our love

Yes....God is on your side along with the entire world 🇺🇦🙏🇺🇦🙏🇺🇦🙏🇺🇦

calihoula

« Reply #25059 on: June 08, 2022, 07:21:47 AM »

cousin janice posted on fb i guess she is better

Good morning!
3:30 Vital signs
4:00 blood sugar
4:30 blood draw
6:30 ordered today's meals

calihoula

« Reply #25060 on: June 08, 2022, 10:50:15 AM »

Dr just came in DISCHARGED!
Thank you for thoughts and prayers.  Quarantine two more days.

yay cousin janice her little dog sassy will be happy!

johoward

« Reply #25061 on: June 08, 2022, 12:29:17 PM »

4:40 today Thanks Cal.
Yay Cousin Janice and thanks to her for her many posts.  All are appreciated, and have been missed.
I think there is enough photographic evidence to support charges against Russia.  They can stamp their feet and pout out of UN, but it does not change what is going on.  The Russian people need to get their head out of whatever dark hole they have it in, and tell Putin they do not want to be the butt of the whole world he is making of them.
God help Ukraine.  The free world needs them to prevail for many reasons.
Time for noon meds and lunch.  So CUL EV1.  GBU and GB Ukraine.

neva

« Reply #25062 on: June 08, 2022, 05:50:03 PM »

Island Beach ... 25:02        106°  (3:40)  Sunny with a few hazy clouds, no breeze at the moment -- staying in today.

Cal, I am so happy to hear that your cousin, Janice, has been discharged! 

Joho, you're right.  Even if Putin goes, who will trust Russia again?  There are people in Russia who do know what is going on and don't like it, but they don't know how to get rid of him.  If we cannot move to do that job, then it is the Russians who are going to have to.  Unless he gets struck by lightening.
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #25063 on: June 09, 2022, 05:20:13 AM »

Hi You guys its 59 here clear but more storms tonight

hi joho i agree with what you said yes russian people need to get their head out i read lots moved to isanbul get away from putin some protest but got locked up but jail can only hold so many if everyone stormed putin over throw him it is what ukraine did with their other president and now have pres zen. i think ukraine is getting those weapons in and say it will really help them alot. God please help good over evil putin cannot win against you.

Hi Neva! cousin janice so happy to be home she has done laundry and cleaned her apt and sassy is very happy. Putin and that other dictator in turkey ergadon wanting ukraine to trust them to send out grain ship ya right. yes putin like neva said please get hit by lighting!

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/80055D5B37C8

GB UKraine and us

johoward

« Reply #25064 on: June 09, 2022, 08:30:25 AM »

6:12 as usual.  It felt like I was doing better, but NO!  LOL
Pretty nice this morning here 60 degrees and cloudy.  Some rain in the night, but not a lot and mostly dried off already.
I am feeling less tired and less coughing.  My Doctor is a good one.  I will let him know today that I am better.
I often think of our other chat friends from a while ago, like Ra and Rues and JP's daughter.  I pray they are doing well.  Can't help but wonder what they would have to say about Ukraine and how well they survived covid.  I hope their families all survived covid, but I suspect not.  Prayers for those who did succumb or are suffering.
I did hear the house has passed gun reform.  Now if only the Senate will take it up for debate.  There is little hope for them to pass anything, because of the Trump influence, but debate and a roll call will let us voters know who to put back in office come election time to try to protect our children.  What we have now is obviously not working.
Children killed in a war zone is bad enough, but in their school room.  WTH are we doing?  Surely we can at least try to do something about this.
GBU and GB Ukraine