Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 601979 times)

calihoula

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #25065 on: June 09, 2022, 10:06:25 AM »

hi joho i went to walmart real early and walked it got tons of stuff i was pretty tired but saw stuff i dont see online talked to my friend lola she said write down the number on your stuff put that in online it will come up but good i got it no one hardly there either. i heard on the news and already knew this joho not many republican senators going to vote on gun reform. they dont cause afraid if they do not get reelected not all but most its a rep thing i think those gun reform stuff should be put to a vote by the american people all of us. i know some people that are rep and blame that school shooting on mental illness well sure not thinking right but mental illness or bad thoughts or something else and hay okay lets not sell guns to the mental ill but what if they are proven not mental ill just a bad day. what animal deserves to be killed and really by an assult rifle with zillion ammo only people that need one of those with tons of ammo is soldiers in ukraine fighting for their freedom their land. just horrible kids be afraid of school horrible i loved grade school school period. i would hope that senate could at least pass 21 to get one and background check and really let us vote on it austrila had that mass shooting and end of assault rifles etc. just so afraid to take away our right to have arms do not need an assault rifle! what about people kids right to feel safe in school church grocery stores yes joho wth
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #25066 on: June 10, 2022, 05:35:10 AM »

hi you guys its 64 here did rain some overnight but quit more today then no rain for 4 days according to the farm on pearls radio so justin and jim going to mow hay fields tomorrow i dont think big storms today like the other day. few tornados here and there.

Putin please be a tornado chaser and catch one

GB Ukraine!

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/FD055D4DA37B?z=0

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #25067 on: June 10, 2022, 09:44:44 AM »

6:58 Good morning.
only 58 degrees this morning.  May have to go for a walk.  Feel pretty good.  Need to tell doctor I am ok. Done TGIF.
Thank you committee on Jan 6th.  This is not the America I grew up loving and proud of.
Thank you house members for at least doing something at last.
Now if only some voters will get on those senators against common sense rules for gun ownership we may save some lives.
I did not hear any good news from Ukraine.  The 3 young soldiers look like they are doomed by Russians.  I am sorry to hear they are doomed.  Maybe they should not have surrendered. I believe we will hear a lot more about foreign fighters in Ukraine soon.
War is awful. 
GBU and GB Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #25068 on: June 10, 2022, 12:04:51 PM »

4:18 poppies

hi joho no good news in ukraine those soldiers two are britts on moroccan a putin trial sentence to death putin get even cause russian soldier found guilty of war crimes in urkraine and sentence to life in prison keeps his life but took cilivan life two more got 11 years in prison for shelling a cilivan.
town i read putin wants all of ukraine and then poland baltic states finland so maybe that sob will hit one of those nato will finally go to work end this killing putin doesnt seem so poor to me got tons of weapons
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #25069 on: June 10, 2022, 06:11:13 PM »

Poppies ... 34:01     108°  (3:49 pm)   13% humidity    Sunny and some big clouds to the east; and moderately windy.  Officially our Monsoon season has started (June 15th) but no rain yet.  We live in a large valley and sometimes it'll rain in one end of the valley, but not anywhere else, or the storm will sweep across the valley, miles away.  When our kids were young, we used to pile everyone in the car and drive over to where the storm was.⛈️

You're right, Joho ...  When I was young, and even when my kids were young, you could not even have imagined the things that are going here now, and becoming normal.  There is no way these things would have happened here, back then.  I feel bad that this is the world our kids and grandkids are inheriting.

Hi Cal ... Tornadoes can happen here, but aren't likely to.  When I was in high school there was one out on the Indian Reservation, and it killed a friend's father.  He worked the night shift at a copper mine and slept during the day.  It hit their house and the roof fell in on her sleeping dad.  It also hit the Convent at the Mission church, no one injured there, but it had to be rebuilt.

No one has gotten the Covid in this house yet, so I guess we were lucky this time.
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #25070 on: June 11, 2022, 05:24:30 AM »

hi you guys its 70 clear. 3 raccoonies maybe chasing when they run to me for cookies. pearl kicking her gate forget about them what about ME! sweets hay what about ME!

Hi Neva! i saw your weather forecast at like 1:45 am i woke up and switch to the weather channel it was 87 with cloudy skies. when i was little and turkey creek would flood it ran out into the town road and we loaded up in the car and went and saw it. a tornado got a house down the street from ours the people did not rebuild it but instead lived in the basement after that. it scared our dog so bad Bodo that after that he would just carry on when a bad storm was coming.  tornados are so bad hoping you get some rain and i was going to ask about the covid issue in your house sounds like you guys dodge a bullet i wonder if someday we dont have to worry any more i did see new covid booster in fall be good for  a year so i hope to get that with my flu shot and just do that every year. griz is barking and barking jim will bitch in a minute. poor old dog.  that is so sad about that tornado killing that father hitting a reservation but you know it does not pick and choose just hits.  please hit putin.

my cousin janice said on fb this morning.
2:42 am Good morning!
Only two more days of steroids!   

GB Ukraine and putin i hope your food tester fools you

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/7A055D5079C3?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calihoula

« Reply #25071 on: June 11, 2022, 08:46:17 AM »

5:06 on art 

jim  mowed part of the horse pasture where i mow a path to pond for whoever. all the rain it got away from me i did keep first part of horse pasture mowed where graves are. he was going to mow tomorrow i said calling for rain sat but he mowed now calling for huge storms tonight heavy rain hail possible tornado so him and justin will have to put it up later today but i think grass too wet its in big pile rows i do not want it left like that be so hard for my mower i will,have to keep getting off and spreading it out  :( temp next few days 100 humid heat index 105 or more  :( waiting for oct. i got pearls ac cleaned out earlier new filter cleaned screen in front of filter cleaned her sweets racconie big fans. im on a break girls begged to go back to my bedroom with extra ac in window freezing in here dogs all sleeping on my bed. griz in kitchen sleeping

neva

« Reply #25072 on: June 11, 2022, 06:01:15 PM »

Abstract One   27:39      107°  (3:47 pm)  Big clouds building up to the east, and windy.  It actually rained for about 15 seconds yesterday, in the late afternoon.  I felt like going out and dancing in it.

I remember how awful the heat and humidity felt when I lived in Worcester, Mass.  It was miserable, so sorry you have to deal with that.  Right now, ours is a 'dry heat' as they say, but if the Monsoon ever gets going, then we'll get our humidity.

It sounds like your kids are all settled and comfortable, Cal.
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #25073 on: June 12, 2022, 05:18:33 AM »

Woodchuck Mother and Four Babies - UPDATE June 11, 2022

Woodchuck Mom and Baby
Woodchuck baby with sarsaparilla
Woodchuck baby with sarsaparilla
Woodchuck mom and babies
Woodchuck mom and babies
On this quiet bear day and an evening off, woodchucks sparked up the day with my first look at all four babies since the mother carried them to a different burrow system across the driveway. Now they are using both burrow systems, eating greens, and growing fast. The pictures show the difference in size.

Woodchuck babies in tall grass
Woodchuck babies in tall grass

For food, they mostly replaced grass with broad-leaved greens. To see how broccoli might compete with fresh wild greens, we put a big head of it on their travel path. It was a favorite. Two babies shared it. One of the pictures shows a baby pulling down a wild sarsaparilla plant. Sarsaparilla berries are such favorite of bears that they will be passing up blueberries for them a month and a half from now. It is nice to see the mother touching noses with the babies.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #25074 on: June 12, 2022, 05:43:11 AM »

hi you guys its 80 and extremely humid windows are fogged up cause cool in house so hot outside 74 in the barn thanks to ac. those baby woodchucks are the cutest i cant stand it. 

Hi Neva i watched the belmont just got in for it saw riders mounting up i was for rich strike he did not win got stuck in the back but it was  good race no one got hurt. that is what counts.  the man that sang new york new york was really good too.  i really feel asleep hard woke up when justin and jim went by my bedroom on the tractor and gator course girls heard that. but i think they got it all up i woke up 11 and looked out the window raining then. watch the weather channel and saw your area hit and misses on rain said will be extra hot for you sorry cause when my aunt and uncle and my mom all lived in vegas and i went out there i was gripping about how hot it was aunt ruth oh but its a dry heat sorry still hot. she loved coming back to see me around thanksgiving and loved it when it was snowing watching lighting of plaza lights.  they use to live back here long ago but my uncle john had health problems so moved out there same with my uncle kenny yesterday i read on ukraine and nothing but bad news they are almost out of ammo and losing ground saw biden said ukraine would not listen to usa about russia getting ready to invade course ukraine upset over that comment i wish joe would keep quiet said that more than once. i remember pres zen when at first all those russian tanks on the borders pleading for help right then read us and canada slow to respond but we are now but it is too late and tired or reading how putin is going down i sure dont see it still has money to do this and his goal is take all of ukraine then poland and so forth i hope if he does that nato can take him   anymore im not so sure. pres zen approval is 74% all over the world that is pretty high. be a shame for putin to win this  shame on the world.

Hi Joho i do like seeing all the protest against all the guns!! all over the usa maybe the people can get new gun laws. its about time we talk about the russian people letting putin do at will we should not let the NRA do it either. well i went in once to tell griz to shut up he is at it again i gotta go jim is tired and time to feed the dogs.

GB Ukraine and putin i wish you would fall into a hay baler bale you up.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/95055D5A2143?z=0

calhound

« Reply #25075 on: June 12, 2022, 05:45:21 AM »

johoward

« Reply #25076 on: June 12, 2022, 10:50:32 AM »

5:04 How can he eat with such a tiny mouth?
61 degrees at 11:26.  Very nice.
Thanks Cal for race video.  I missed it all together until now.  Was out and about all day yesterday.  First at Schoefle Gardens Park in Florence Ohio for house and garden guided tour.  Then to Berlin Heights for lunch.  Then Huron pier for several hours of watching big carp catchers, and a little plug casting of my own.  Saw lots of fish, but none were mine. Finished up at The Angry Bull Steak House.  Where I had the best cup of chowder ever.  Followed by the biggest and best mess of muscles ever.  Never di have the steak I went there for.  That will be next time.  I did indulge in one 7-7 and a slice of cherry cheese cake.  Sugar was way too high this morning.  I will have to take a longer walk.
 All in all was a very good Saturday. Filled tank on way home ready for next outing.
Thinking about visiting Debbie and Boss today. She asked me to bring a log chain she wants to train Boss to be a puller, because he is so powerful and seems to like to work.  She has been using a bag of rocks, but he has worn it out by dragging it on rough surfaces.  She bought a nice harness for him, but needs to add a spreader behind his legs to focus the load. 
Yesterday we saw a woman riding a mini sulky behind a Swiss Mountain Dog.  Now Debbie wants a sulky for Boss to give her rides.  She will get a long fast ride if he sees a cat or another dog he wants to visit. LOL 
I could not tell how woman was steering her dog.  Looks challenging to me.
Well almost noon.  I better get going or I will fall asleep napping, and miss the day.
Cul EV 1 GBU and GB Ukraine.

neva

« Reply #25077 on: June 12, 2022, 05:52:48 PM »

Copperband fish ... 23:56       107°  (3:19 pm)   Cloudy today, with some sun and not much wind at the moment.  It may rain somewhere, but I doubt I'll see it.

Cal ...  Thanks for the Belmont Race Video.  I had forgotten that it is that time of year.    Don't you just hate it when it's 110° where you live and someone tells you ... 'but it's a dry heat'.   ?  "So's my oven, but I don't want to walk around in there".  Back east there is heat plus humidity, you sweat and it doesn't evaporate, you're being smothered by excess moisture.  It is miserable - I remember that well enough.  Out here in the desert, the sun and high temps are sucking all the moisture out of everything, and if you stay out in it, you feel scorched.  One is not necessarily worse than the other, it is just different and you learn how to live with it,  When our Monsoon finally sets in, then we get the humidity.  My parents moved us here from Massachusetts because my youngest brother and I are asthmatics.  It is better for the lungs to have a drier climate.  I learned to love it here, and my Mother did not really like it.  Her favorite city was San Francisco, though she was from Maine.

Joho ... I do admire you.  You really do look for things to do.   My mother really didn't like it here in Tucson.  She thought it was 'boring, there is nothing to do.'    ... which is not true and I told her so.  She didn't look around and see what was going on.  There is plenty to do.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 05:58:41 PM by neva »
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #25078 on: June 13, 2022, 05:45:47 AM »

hi you guys its 80 humid as heck 74 in the barn cool and not humid in there. One raccoonie Dogs are going out and getting back in pretty quick hoping penny doesnt get her allergies yet trying to keep her in but she is wanting in. heat advisory till wed night at 10 pm so 100 plus every day then middle 90's rest of the week need to mows the dogs yard but i just cant do it right now. and hard on my mower too. rain is heading here now dont know how much but that will spread the humidity like it needs that.

hi neva so funny yes i dont want to walk around in my oven either trying to type with a big fat cat in front of me here. best part of a horse race no one hurt. i get pretty mad at riders who whip the horse at the end.  >:( horse spirt will win it alone. no need to be whipped. i saw on the weather channel part of az hotter than other parts phoenix they are putting stuff on the road that lower the temp by almost 15% help with elec use on ac. my dad had a cousin jake that lived there long ago we stayed at his place once on our way to vegas my dads family moved out there cause of lung problem they died from lung cancer too. my mom moved out there for her health too get away from my dad.  she did move back which made me so happy my keys are sticking griz is barking

hi joho what a busy day you had and i dont know about that sulky guess be better than your dog dragging you all over the place that hurts i know. i will have to google that. i would not do it i could penny or brownie doing that omg girls!!!

GB Ukraine and i hope someone sends them some ammo that they say are low on and plead for. putin planned all this ukraine did not know till it started

calhound

« Reply #25079 on: June 13, 2022, 05:46:18 AM »