Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 698862 times)

johoward

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #23310 on: April 24, 2021, 08:49:35 AM »

Hi ev1, 51 here at 9:30.  Very nice.  Car wash day I think. The little raccoons sound so cute.  Sound like Cal and her charges are going to survive her weeks and weeks without walking. Still waiting for my morning paper since I got up at 6.  They are really late this morning.  Usually here by 6:30.
I did not delete puzzle after I was done like I usually do.  So now I can go back and see my time.  See old people can learn stuff. LOL  Took me only 5:19 to see that lovely donkey.
I see quite a bit of snow on Ted cam, but none in Michigan. Tukey mom doing good.  As are eagle moms and dads.  I remember the first time I saw all the Decorah babies lying stretched out on their sides.  I was shocked.  I thought they were dead.  LOL   
The lone falcon egg at Great Spirit Bluff looks a little lonely after 6 days.  I wonder if it will be viable.
Beautiful day in Dublin Ireland.  This Dublin cam has sound and is my way of checking up on Irish weather.  It shows The Temple Bar which our little Mary visited with her Matt a year before they got married.  Also, it is in the city where favorite bear moderator Margeireland lives.
Well I guess paper is almost here so I will say so long for now.  GB

calihoula

« Reply #23311 on: April 24, 2021, 02:19:43 PM »

hi joho you did good on that puzzle jim went to the lake took his boat will mow nice to be just me i have been working on cleaning floors in rooms and in the barn yesterday i took my knee scooter in there my hallway between sweets stall and hay narrow but so is my scooter ruff floor hay dirt like a barn floor so i was picking it up making it smooth still got to work on it but sweets front door bows out cause of ton of hay pushes on his swinging door he has a mountain of hay in there he is a mountain goat he was looking out at me and my scooter why what is that and in my barn i will ram that so he hit his wall hoping to knock me off it from the other side. i held on hay boy its my means to get out here pretty soon! pearl was okay with it but i will not be going in her area with it. yes we like marge! i asked once if she had a walmart no how about mcdonalds yes gotta get back to work cul gb how will you get around after new knee is installed?
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

ruesgram

« Reply #23312 on: April 24, 2021, 05:40:37 PM »

Cal, you need to put brakes on your scooter or speed bumps on your sidewalk! Glad you are getting to practice with the scooter. Did you watch Blacklist yet? Crow rides the  riding mower outside the fence which is the majority of the yard and I mow inside the fence in the itty bitty backyard. I do all the weed trimming because Crow doesn't know a plant from a weed! I also use the blower along the street curb and driveway. The pool is all Crow's job!  If he weren't around, I'd have to hire someone to do the pool maintenance! At Robin's, Crow mows out front and I mow out back. I do all the trimming and blowing while he goes inside to see Tela and Maui! Speaking of Robin, my sister always says that I birthed Robin but she is her actual mom because they are so much alike. The day after sis's second shot she had a bad headache, chills and fatigue. Robin had the same reaction the day after her second shot. She felt so bad that she took a sick day from work! All's fine now! It finally rained today! Tomorrow spring is coming back! By Tuesday it will feel like summer!

Jo, yay, you will be getting a new knee soon!

Have a nice evening! Stay safe! :)

calihoula

« Reply #23313 on: April 24, 2021, 06:45:19 PM »

hi rues! my scooter has a hand brake it can lock too i used inside today when i could worked on my knees in the barn my back hurts knee too but foot over rides them foot hurting bad getting ready to lay down no i have not watched blacklist yet. is red okay is anne okay? notice i did not ask if liz was okay. wow you guys have a system on yard care your house and robins. crow not around hire a pool guy i hear that our pool turned into a big bird bath then liner ripped out now just a big round empty container but it blocks the north wind from our basement walk out door. good robin and your sis okay cousin janice got that too second shot jim doesnt know a plant from a weed either my mom planted hens and chickens next to our front porch and other stuff jim mowed all it down. i was upset but now i dont care i got enough stuff too do i got my moms trees all over with bird houses in most of them. i was coming out of the barn saw my tvs flying way up high called out to scout he flew down too came over me hi ya scout what a pretty bird you are! here came some of his crew told them pretty birds i got mo conservation on my speed dial anyone tries to hurt you  >:( i been recording some movies i got these channels for free for a week thinking maybe watch them later got cactus flower and paper moon and irma la douce oh and spencer tracy father of the bride stay safe too
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 06:47:15 PM by calihoula »
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #23314 on: April 24, 2021, 08:23:05 PM »

Hi v1,
I am getting the knee so I can walk.  I intend to start to get around by walking with what ever I need to use for assistance.  I already use a cane or walker or wheeler or scooter anyway, and I intend to get rid of them asap, and WALK.
Deb and Brian were over today,  They left about 8:30.  Shannon is at a wedding.  Mary is out with her BFF at dinner. I worry a little about them going out. Today I saw where a high school band leader took all his band on a field trip and they all came down with covid.  He said he decided that if athletes could go out and about so could his band.  He was wrong, and now they are all very sick.
So yes I still worry.

Getting sleepy so I will sign off for a while.  GN and GB

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #23315 on: April 25, 2021, 08:40:34 AM »

Daily Updates
The Spanky Puzzle - UPDATE April 24, 2021
24 April 2021
 Print Email
Spanky relaxing on March 4
Spanky relaxing on March 4, 2021

I don’t think Spanky has used his den since 2:16 AM on April 16. I say “don’t think” because I am not completely sure. Our main trail cam near his den has been erratic, and we don’t know why.

But the data are strong. Sightings and trail cam data from a feeding station he has been visiting suggest he is done denning. When he has left that station toward his den, he was back too soon to have used the den. Most of the time he arrives and leaves at that station in other directions. I spent most of today poring over SD cards from trail cams to be able to say this much.

We’re thankful we had the opportunity and a DNR permit to learn what we did from Spanky, and we are looking forward to future DNR permits to explore more of the hidden world of denning. We have never had a female leave a den in spring and return to it days later like Spanky did. We’ll be ready if the next male does that.

Still learning—and it is good to have all of you learning along with us.

Thank you for all you do.

Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #23316 on: April 25, 2021, 08:49:51 AM »

hi you guys jim is gone so no help this morning and i got off track cleaning doint stuff sorry

hi joho good yes walk that is what my rehab is too jim asked my doctor but i said well i intend to walk and he yes i will probably have to still use my cane and walker at night but hoping i walk without this pain and my foot will be straight heading the right way. i did not know you had a knee scooter. i like it on smooth stuff but pain to turn around esp in the barn. but if it helps me get out there for 6 weeks so be it. i gotta go so much too do and i am very slow nonsense getting all them band kids sick around here 16 and older can get that shot so hoping lots of kids get it protect them against stupid adults. oh griz

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/72055D5AB5D3?z=0

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #23317 on: April 25, 2021, 11:03:24 AM »

Hi ev1 5:38 Nice looking horses.  They look big and strong to me. GTG Deb and Bri here cul GB

ruesgram

« Reply #23318 on: April 25, 2021, 03:41:29 PM »

Cal, if you haven't watched Blacklist yet it was an explanation of all the things that happened in the last episode coming from Liz's side. Hope that makes sense! Next episode should be interesting.  Glad that scooter has brakes!

calhound

« Reply #23319 on: April 26, 2021, 05:43:01 AM »

hi you guys its 56 60 in the barn 3 raccoonies suppose to be 80 today.

hi rues. still not watch blacklist but thank you for info guess i will watch lizs side to the story. i can always fast forward it!

hi joho hope you had a good visit yesterday and yes those horses do look strong horses are strong. penny was grouchy last night growling at brownie then she irked cali and they were going at it on my bed right next to me. i pulled cali over made penny get off the bed. told penny you will be sleeping out in the kitchen if that keeps up.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/AE055D5679E0?z=0

johoward

« Reply #23320 on: April 26, 2021, 06:05:24 AM »

7:42 on zebras.  Still sleepy here Only 33 degrees, but dry and not much wind. Time for coffee and Honey nuts with chopped apples and milk. CUL GB

johoward

« Reply #23321 on: April 27, 2021, 05:37:14 AM »

coon on table at snowman fyi gm gb

calihoula

« Reply #23322 on: April 27, 2021, 05:55:55 AM »

hi you guys i will post update when i get back have to go get an ekg

johoward

« Reply #23323 on: April 27, 2021, 05:56:29 AM »

:-\He chased off the squirrels, but now a turkey is coming at him

johoward

« Reply #23324 on: April 27, 2021, 06:07:01 AM »

ok cal
 Raccoon just ran off to get a drink.  He is feisty. Chases everyone away, but one brave grey squirrel is hiding behind to thermometer. LOL
Good Luck Cal on all your testing.
 GB