Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470540 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #3285 on: April 01, 2023, 06:26:53 AM »

Good Morning Everyone  ...Happy Caturday and...

Today, Sunny and 70F . Tonight  37F clear skies.
 We are currently under a tornado watch from 6:14AM  until 12PM today

Hi Lani Glad you all had a good day. those gosh awful winds and hard, hard rain yesterday PM and night.

Lisa hopefully y'al got more rest. And, the  Misty Report is...

Eagles wishing y'all a safe journey to family 'celebration of Life'.

Clynn tks for Decorah/DNR  moms in this foul weather

Kb tks for update on the Mallards, Sue & Herb

Bazi we love Lil Punkin and think she's so brave . We enjoy posting  brithday greetings to her

Hi Weasel

{{{Lori}}} hope each day brings improvement in everyone's health
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #3286 on: April 01, 2023, 06:32:57 AM »

Sauces Bald Eagles - Channel Islands
Apr 1, 2023 6:27 AM
Camera Time: Apr 1, 2023 4:27 AM PDT
Birchwoman

Sauces Bald Eagles - Channel Islands

From Chat:
Bommy
8 hours ago
Awww

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #3287 on: April 01, 2023, 06:37:17 AM »

Decorah Goose Cam
Apr 1, 2023 6:34 AM
Camera Time: Apr 1, 2023 6:33 AM CDT
Birchwoman

From Chat:

Megryan6
10 hours ago
Sweet, Mama
DGC

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #3288 on: April 01, 2023, 06:37:51 AM »

#IstandwithEvan

kbshcb

« Reply #3289 on: April 01, 2023, 07:04:15 AM »

90,000 without power here in the Twin Cities.
Whew, I'm not one of them.
Looks like a cool foot of snow out there.
All 16 of my arbors are leaning on the ground with how heavy the snow was.

The DNR cam is down...praying for them.

I just read on their fb page, the camera isn't down, it's just totally covered in snow.

I'm going to hide in the basement for awhile...

« Last Edit: April 01, 2023, 07:13:56 AM by kbshcb »

LisaG1967

« Reply #3290 on: April 01, 2023, 07:37:23 AM »

Good Morning Beakers....Happy April Fools' Day and It's Caturday!!!!!!!

I hope all Beakers made out OK with the weather last night.  It is dark and gloomy here this morning, with thunderstorms starting around 9am.

kb - Glad to hear that you are not without power. 

Phyl - Now that song will be stuck in my head all day!  ;D  We both got sleep, Jeff a lil more than me, and no kitties yet!  Stay safe!!

Lani - Hope you had a nice day with Shannon. 

weasel - A storage bin is a great idea for a litter box!  Bandit is a large cat, and I sometimes have a hard time finding a big litter box for him. 

oldguy - That weather did look frightful.  Thank goodness you made out ok!

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #3291 on: April 01, 2023, 07:56:54 AM »

Good Morning Beakers! It's CATURDAY!!

Lani, didn't get my car back yesterday! I called around 6:15 to get an update. Their hours say they are open until 7:00 but no one answered the phone! I will be caling them this morning! I had never heard of the River Rock Heart at Hellgate, it said someone has been doing this for a few years! Love it, and I do so hope for some ospreyletts this year... HM looks good and dry this morning, no snow to be seen. The creek sure sounds like it's running fast! I can feel your relief at seeing your Tonto Forrest sign...

kb, yeah that looks like about a foot of new snow! I hate to show you what we got out of that storm...sorry...Spring is coming, don't lose hope...

Phyl, thanks a lot for the ear worm... ;D ;D  https://www.kennedy-center.org/education/resources-for-educators/classroom-resources/media-and-interactives/media/music/your-brain-on-music/your-brain-on-music/your-brain-on-music-earworms/#:~:text=They're%20sections%20of%20songs,for%20an%20hour%20or%20longer.  Mother Goose and Audi/#7 looking good. I forgot it was April Fool's Day!

Lisa, you and Jeff are such good cat parents! I can't wait to see pics of both of you holding and loving on those precious babies!

Pregnant Mother Cat Travels Two States To Save Her Six Babies From A High-Kill Shelter    https://littlethings.com/lifestyle/cat-travels-two-states

Decorah

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3292 on: April 01, 2023, 08:20:33 AM »

GOOD CATURDAY MORNING EVERYONE

LISA   So Bandit is not the "step dad" type???   LOL

PHYL   Cute good night bunny.   " Whim away..."  LOLOL

OLDGUY  Plenty of damage all over this country. :(

CLYNN  Did you ever get your car back?  I see you answered Lani.  What the heck???   Earworms  Oh NO   What a story about Nala  :o

KB   I wondered if the DNR camera was just full of snow - and you confirmed it.  Oh those poor arbors.  Lets hope you get some sun today.  Amazing your power held.  My friend in the UP is buried and her power is still on.
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #3293 on: April 01, 2023, 08:35:42 AM »

No bounce
Just got here because I just got up because we've been cuddling since our power went out at 2 a m. Was my first time upstairs in our bed for two weeks due to my cold.
I just opened all the east facing blinds. Temp. is at 63 inside, 25 outside at this time.
I had Camper open the cupboard below the kitchen sink before he came upstairs. Fingers crossed we get power before dark.
TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #3294 on: April 01, 2023, 08:44:47 AM »

Ugg...I hate this state.

several if not most of my front arbors are gone...broken....it's pure ice/heavy snow and they broke.
Been here for decades..

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #3295 on: April 01, 2023, 08:49:36 AM »

Sorry KB. Rats.
I think our stuff is good. The little white oak the city planted a few years ago is bent because it still has leaves... will see. Hopefully the sun will help.
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #3296 on: April 01, 2023, 08:53:21 AM »

Flaky and light, this Meyer lemon Danish braid bakes up golden and fluffy with a blissful cream cheese-Meyer lemon curd filling.  Topped with Meyer lemon glaze, this treat is sure to win the hearts of lemon lovers this Easter!  and... a mocha cadberry egg coffee!

Good morning sweet friends!  Made it out ok yesterday.  Mom had some damage which is normal for her home, she is ok.  Grandma is in Manchester and they are without power, it has dropped 40 degrees since yesterday.  I tried to find a generator last night for rent or sale, I think she may need 3000-6500W size to run the furnace? We gotta figure something out because she can't be moved right now. :-\ I pray everyone is safe and ok. Prayers for the fur & feather babies out there! Have a beautiful April and I hope Decorah has some babies today! ;)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2023, 08:55:21 AM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

kbshcb

« Reply #3297 on: April 01, 2023, 09:05:09 AM »

Sorry KB. Rats.
I think our stuff is good. The little white oak the city planted a few years ago is bent because it still has leaves... will see. Hopefully the sun will help.

I'm devastated they are at least 45 years old, provide a total privacy screen from the parking lot across the street.
We might as well have had a tornado here...the other line of my arbors look just as bad..

Can't remove the ice either, it doesn't broom off..

I have no idea what I'll do now.

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #3298 on: April 01, 2023, 09:25:12 AM »

tig, hope you get your power soon!

tsk, I called Ford this morning, their answering service said they are closed until Momday. I am pretty mad, they never called me, plus they left early yesterday! I might have Ed drive me out there and see if my car is sitting outside. If so, I will just take it, the service is already paid for.

Lori, what bright and cheerful Spring pics this morning! Glad to hear that all is well after that nasty storm!

Decorah North, no snow there either, but very windy at both Decorah nests!

Wild Heart Ranch - His Majesty! 👑 King Keebler!

Stewards of the Upper Mississippi River Refuge - (it is known that there were eaglets in the nest... there is only a cam from a distance...)
It is with great sadness that I report the loss of our Eagle nest. The storm had just crossed the river with high intensity winds and the tree swayed briefly before it dropped out of sight.
We just returned from checking and found the tree to have sheared 2 -3 feet from the ground. We did not find eaglets. Both adults are safe.

(This was posted yesterday morning...)
Won't be long and you will be seeing who is being fed. Caught a glimpse of a bobblehead about 10 minutes ago.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

T40cfr403

« Reply #3299 on: April 01, 2023, 10:39:30 AM »

LOL Phyl! ;D
Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring