Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 445584 times)

oldguy

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #3270 on: March 31, 2023, 04:05:24 PM »

The weather is bonkers this afternoon - a large storm is heading for Chicago - O'Hare has stopped flights at this time.  A few minutes ago the warning numbers peaked at 12, now back to 9
A very large tornado in Iowa and heading for Iowa City, another one is heading for Cedar Rapids and Lori, Earlier a hail storm just missed Des Moines
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #3271 on: March 31, 2023, 04:07:18 PM »

((Lori)), please stay safe. I hope this time you can convince your mom to take herself and her dog to a safer location if she needs to. I know you said it's problematic for her to do that with her dog, but it's worth the trouble. Meanwhile, are you starting to feel any better yet? I hope you and your father are both better. Take care.

Hi girl... it's headed straight here, will be here in about 15 minutes, 2 more tornado warnings, there are several storms so it won't be over until tomorrow I think. Mom is ok, I will make sure she goes next door to the shelter here shortly.  (It's partially underground for people in her community.  Up to baseball size hail now but these storms are  moving really fast.  Warning in Tama County (more north) and Ottumwa area more south.  I am so worried about our baby eagles and the animals!  :-\ 
Unfortunately I am still sick.  I have bronchitis and I am on a different antibiotic now.  I think it's starting to work :)  Punkin and lil bro are so adorable.  I pray for her every day.  Say hi to Zippo!  Got a surprise for ya when this storm passes.  Love ya girl and everyone!  Please be safe!!! 
There is one tornado on the ground right now near Ottumwa confirmed Wapello county.  Mitchell county just issued a tornado warning also that is near Decorah.  Now there is a confirmed tornado  near Moms house... ugh!!! Hopefully this will calm down... She won't go to the shelter!  She is in the closet with Harlee and Salem. Another tornado is headed towards Iowa City now too. Oldguy and Ginger take care! time to go to the basement...

Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #3272 on: March 31, 2023, 05:39:03 PM »

Came here to check on Iowa and other threatened places, folks. Please check back in later. Prayers...
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

oldguy

« Reply #3273 on: March 31, 2023, 05:45:15 PM »

I lost power for about 8 minutes, just before the front hit here - strong winds, a little bit of hail(marble size) and non-stop thunder with non-stop warning sirens and very dark.  The storms have now passed off to the NE from me.  Cedar Rapids and North to Minn. still has many warnings in progress.  So far the only reported damage near me was at main street in Solon - about 12 miles north.
Hope every one is as lucky as me, with no damage.

kbshcb

« Reply #3274 on: March 31, 2023, 05:54:45 PM »

tig - NWS now has us in the 8-12 inch area.

the wind concerns me about our only 5 day old baby eagle....

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #3275 on: March 31, 2023, 06:07:06 PM »

Decorah - Poor HM! She is wet! It is thundering terribly in Decorah...and it sounds like hail...

kb, I bet Nancy will be okay, just took this picture of her... doesn't look like much snow so far... How much snow do you think you have so far?

Lori and oldguy...be safe!

Everyone!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3276 on: March 31, 2023, 06:21:46 PM »

PUFF  LOL  Actually just got an email today that they received our kit for Lulu and we would hear from them in 4-6 weeks ( end of April beginning of May )- any bets? ;)

CLYNN  Thunderstorms moving through for the last 30 min or so. Starting up again.  Just torrential.  Wish I had my rain gauge up.  Dang. Tornado warnings closer to Puff - and south of me.  Awww  sweet stone heart waiting for Iris.

KB  My 2 friends in the UP got anywhere from 6-8" and 12-15" of snow.  You take care.

OLDGUY  We're getting it now. :o :o  No winds tho.

I think the Decorah cameras are down.  Goose is old stuff and there is snow in the Decorah nest..
« Last Edit: March 31, 2023, 06:24:05 PM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #3277 on: March 31, 2023, 06:38:33 PM »

Lani - Have a good day with Shannon, and running errands.  :)

((E4E)) - So very sorry to you and Kris for the loss of the extended family member.

Phyl - Are you getting any of this bad weather?  I saw you mention earlier that it was windy.

kb - Poor Herb and Sue, I hope they will be ok with the storm.  I am glad you have your storm essentials.  :)  Stay warm!

BrokenLug - Thanks for the weather info.

tsk - OK on the DNA test.  I thought I missed the results.  :D I saw in chat that the cam operators shut the cams down till the storm passes. 

Lori - I hope all of you made out ok with the storm!

Puff;D ;D ;D

baz - I don't know if Bandit will the proud Papa type, more like the mean brother type.  ::)

oldguy - Thanks for the Ryan video.

clynn - Did you make out ok with the storm?  You are right, the vet said, 6 kitties  :o  LOve the heart shaped rive rocks for Iris.

Have a good night, everyone!

kbshcb

« Reply #3278 on: March 31, 2023, 07:02:50 PM »

Clynn - it's not turning to snow until soon to 8-9pm..
Our temp is now 35 so depends on when it drops...a little mix right now.
If you watch our radar we are also waiting for that big blue wrap around later on.
Very heavy and predicted at times to be 2 inches an hour with heavy wind.
That's why I'm worried about Nancy.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #3279 on: March 31, 2023, 07:19:15 PM »

Hi Beakers !

Not gonna be specific with names...take precautions, seek shelter have food and water. Above all---don't be like us and trust that it never stirkes us.
We  have food/water and  Red Cross ER bag . But forgot to check Maggie supplies. I'm pretty quick on what to grab---it's Jim who drags his a--.
Winds have picked up and Susan just called as she's heard alerts ofr Nashville all the way tinBaton Rouge. I love my SIL :-*
Guard your pets esp if they'er PG---Preggo.

Thanks for the nests updates and news from you individual locals.
Take care
See ya on April Fool's Day.

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

kbshcb

« Reply #3280 on: March 31, 2023, 08:35:19 PM »

https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/features/webcams/eaglecam/index.html
Look at how heavy it's snowing here in Minneapolis by watching this eagle cam.
Poor Nancy..hang in there!

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #3281 on: March 31, 2023, 10:49:55 PM »

Bounce
Way to go Hawkeyes!!
SED all
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

oldguy

« Reply #3282 on: April 01, 2023, 12:01:09 AM »

Well, the weather here was frightful, but S. Carolina did not survive against Iowa in Dallas.  Clark lived up to her hype and became the first player in NCAA history to have consecutive games with 40 points or more.

Hearing of more small towns in Iowa with massive damage, but have not heard of any fatalities in Iowa today.  Iowa City had no damage that I have heard of yet, but every town next to us got damage (N - Solon downtown and houses on the West side of town, W - Coralville Hyw 6 on the west side of town with many damaged buildings, S - 1 mile south of me, wind took down power lines on Hyw 6 just E. of town and Hills had extensive damage to homes and apartments).  https://www.thegazette.com/weather/damage-widespread-in-eastern-iowa-as-tornadoes-and-strong-storms-rumbled-through-the-area/

Afternoon Pickin / Mountain Music - Cotton Pickin Kids   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgCq0db0VoU

Quarantine Kids play "Magic"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhVrkc9FpRg

weasel65

« Reply #3283 on: April 01, 2023, 12:13:32 AM »

I’m back after a very busy week.

I hope everyone is staying safe through the nasty weather.

I have two large, tall plastic storage boxes for my two girl cats. They both seem to not stay in the squat position and have a tendency to spray a bit. I don’t know where these girls learned such bad bathroom manners.  I just scoop out the poop and then stir the litter in the box so that any area with urine is distributed evenly. I scoop the bins every morning.  Over time the color of the litter will change from whitei-ish to yellow from the urine, as long as the cat’s urine is normal. I usually change it every 3 to 4 weeks.  It just depends when you notice that it becomes more difficult to stir it to a consistent color.

Pretty litter suggests that there is about 3” of litter in the box.  For my size bins, a 6 pound bag is the right amount for 1 bin.  They offer a subscription service, and those bags are 6 pounds. You can also find it at some Walmarts or Walmart online, and those bags are 8 pounds.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3284 on: April 01, 2023, 12:38:33 AM »

Eagles, safe travels to your family's "celebration of Life."

Clynn, awww 3 eggs for the Norwich Peregrines. I hope your car computer is updated and repaired. Love the Wild Heart Ranch Lemur... Awww the Hellgate River Rock Heart, love it! Iris  :-* ... oh my, your pics of Decorah and DNR moms through the storms.  :'(

Phyl, nice pics of Mother Goose and Sauces nest... glad it was an easy fix at the bank.

Lisa, it's nice to see Bandit and Misty becoming friends. I hope you and Jeff sleep well tonight.

Kb, awww Sue and Herb, sweet mallards. you, Chris and Ollie take care.

{{{Lori}}} I pray you will feel better soon. Terrible weather warnings, prayers for you, Destini and family stay safe.  :-*

Baz, yes we did have a good day. Crazy traffic, so glad we don't live in the valley anymore. I always take a deep breath when we see the Tonto National Forest sign, we're heading home to the rim.  ;D

Gosh, I'm reading all of your storms alerts and warnings, terrifying for all of you. I'm sorry, relieved to see Oldguy, and others are okay at this time, and saying prayers for our Beakers, families and God's creatures great and small.  :(

Good night!

It's terribly windy at Decorah right now, God bless HM and all God's creatures  :-*

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Lani's daughter Shannon, Tsk, Eagle's Kris, Lori and her grandma Clute, Puff, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Pink's mother, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Tim, Peep's friend's family, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Clynn's friend Kay, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Prayers for SWFL Dad and eaglets, and Harriets return.
Sauces Family.🙏

Prayers for Mississippi, Nashville 🙏

Special Prayers For Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Eagle's Kris, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For SWFL Harriet and nest, NEFL Samson and Gabriella, Black Bear Ted, Lucy, Reggae, Taffy Apple, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Dunrovin Harriet, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, Eagles's Star, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  Juliet and Romeo, Lucy and Larry, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2023, 12:40:42 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander