Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 435717 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #3255 on: March 31, 2023, 10:38:13 AM »

What wonderful birthday greetings for Lil Punkin.  :)

Tsk the whole mess w/ accounts was started with a fraud charge on Jim's card. The thievery has broaden to 'robo charges' just like the
robo calls that continue today.  Nice Easter greeting. Take care w/ the weather.

Lisa so glad you two got some sleep; good idea letting Misty roam and play w/Bandit. Maybe she will go to the box you have for her when
the time comes  I imagine Bandit will be there too---maybe Misty would like that.

Lani cute AM greeting is made  by  Petr Václavek of the Czech Republic. Says his  inspiration came while he was out on a walk with his kids.
Safe trip w/ Shannon and all.

Hi Eagles
your gonna have some nice temps.   Cute kitty card for LilPunkin.

Sure is windy here right now.

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

kbshcb

« Reply #3256 on: March 31, 2023, 11:29:08 AM »

Oh oh...Herb and Sue have arrived over a week early compared to last years' pics.

Especially when tonight we will have a winter storm: somewhere between 5-11 inches....they don't know.
Fast moving heavy dump which will depend on oh lots of stuff including temperature.

Andrew will come sometime tomorrow and I have food, coffee, wine and gas in the car!...

Phyl

« Reply #3257 on: March 31, 2023, 12:21:34 PM »

Kb Yikes. Indeed. Good you have essentials. Know  you  will---take care.

BL many thanks. Wasn't suppose to be windy today. But it is.

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Last Edit: March 31, 2023, 12:24:08 PM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3259 on: March 31, 2023, 12:28:14 PM »

LISA  they said 6-8 weeks which would bring us to the end of May but I'm expecting JUNE  LOL 

LANI  Enjoy the day with Shannon  :)

EAGLES - the teapot reminds me of Cinderella.  I think Angela Landsbury with the voice  ;) ;)  Safe trip today for the "celebration"

KB  Love the name for the mallards  LOL
Chicagoland

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #3260 on: March 31, 2023, 12:59:03 PM »

There are tornado warnings now... already  ::)  clarke decatur ringgold union counties...

Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

Puff

« Reply #3261 on: March 31, 2023, 01:01:37 PM »

Y'all heard it here first, right from the source, tsk is expecting the first of June.   :o

P

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #3262 on: March 31, 2023, 01:01:55 PM »

Beakers, please have your weather alerts source on and volume up loud... today and tonight - should be loud enough to wake you up if you're sleeping. Please, everyone, take cover in your safe place if a warning is issued for your area - do not go to the window to look at it! Please... Stay safe, All.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

oldguy

« Reply #3263 on: March 31, 2023, 01:08:16 PM »

Ryan Hall is live now for the storms - Eastern Iowa is listed by NWS as having a 90% chance of multiple Tornados this afternoon - this includes Des Moines - already with a tornado warning south of Des Moines.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFJmw4xyG9c
It is expected to get to me around 3pm.

Stay safe everyone
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

baziunc

« Reply #3264 on: March 31, 2023, 01:26:10 PM »

Thanks to everyone for your sweet birthday wishes for my Littlest Greatniece.  :) :-* :-*

There is no particular date to save for her birthday, please.   :)   I wait some time after her birthday, on purpose, before I mention it or post pics, LOL.  There is a method to the madness.  ;) :D

Lani, you're getting all weather all ways, today! Hope you have a good day!

Puff, LOL!

Clynn, thanks for the info on E21's successful fledge/return at SWFL nest. That news made me "verklempt." Happy tears, for sure. Extra hugs and kisses for The Mighty M, M15. He's my hero!  :-*  :-*  I miss Harriet, and hope that, whatever her fate was, that she is in a better place. I will remember her many years, as I have Ozzie.  :-* :-* :-*

Lisa, I bet Misty will like having that box in the closet as a possible birthing spot, or, if not there, to move her kittens to after they are born. My money is on this being her 1st litter, tho' we'll never know,of course. But the thought that she would be having her 2nd litter by the time she was 9 months old is a sad thought for me, tho' I know it's all too possible. I'm hoping that maybe she wasn't out from the Animal Control long enough to have had 2 pregnancies already. Either way, I hope she will take on her "Mama Cat" role easily - she seems like such a sweet, pleasant and easy going sort of personality, and so I bet she will. And I can't wait to hear how Bandit reacts, too! LOL, bet he will be the "Proud Papa" type.  ;) :D  :-* :-*

Tsk, yikes on your weather. And so many others. Stay safe!

Phyl, the seafood pizza sounds good.

BL, yep, that's what I'm talking 'bout! The for-real severe weather alerts are so widespread!! I sure hope people don't dismiss them.

OG, that's a great thing the Ryan Hall and Y'all group has been doing.

E4E, sounds like a long day, for sure. So sorry for that sad news from your husband's family. Safe travels.

((Lori)), please stay safe. I hope this time you can convince your mom to take herself and her dog to a safer location if she needs to. I know you said it's problematic for her to do that with her dog, but it's worth the trouble. Meanwhile, are you starting to feel any better yet? I hope you and your father are both better. Take care.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2023, 01:29:52 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #3265 on: March 31, 2023, 01:34:34 PM »

Please remember that a tornado warning means either a tornado has already been sighted, or has been indicated by radar. If it's for your area, or moving toward your area, you should take cover immediately in your safe spot - typically in the lowest level of your home, in an interior room, away from windows, and with as many walls between you and the exterior as possible, (close your interior doors, too, if you have time). A watch means conditions are such that a type of weather could develop, and a warning means it is actively happening right now and you should take immediate action to stay safe. Stay safe, all.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2023, 01:37:40 PM by baziunc »

baziunc

« Reply #3266 on: March 31, 2023, 02:11:26 PM »

Oops... Lani, I see it was you who posted about E21's successful fledge at the SWFL eagle nest. Thanks! And, LOL on E22 not being happy!  :D

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #3267 on: March 31, 2023, 02:15:01 PM »

The sun is shining here, 76 degrees...a beautiful day...so far... on the radar  it looks like it will be 4:00 or so before we get anything. Lori texted me, she is in her basement with Destini, she said the sky was awful looking in the Cedar Rapids area.

baz, the reason I thought this might be Misty's second litter is most first time cat Moms usually have 2 or 3 kittens. Both of the ones I have experienced had 3, both were first time Moms. I think the vet told Lisa she sees 6 kittens in the ultrasound! I just hope all are healthy little kitties!

Phyl, very interesting about the bees! Ed has a sister and a niece that raise bees in Illinois. And fancy chickens. And another niece in Georgia who raises the fancy chickens!

E4E, haven't heard anything from FORD about my car, I took it in around 7:30 this morning. It will probably be ready right when the storm hits!  ::) ::)

Lani, love the little acorn skater!  A Becorn?

The sun just quit shining, just heard a bit of thunder...

Montana Osprey Cams - One of the best things about Hellgate Osprey is our viewers. We love the way you show your love for Iris, contribute to the joy of viewing the cam, and create a family feeling.
For the past three years, a local viewer has created a river rock heart on the bank below Iris's nest. We thought you would enjoy seeing these pictures taken by Dr. Greene and Charles, An extra special thanks to our Hellgate Heartmaker.
Cheers CHOWS! - Sharon Leigh for the Montana Osprey Project Team - PS Kim Watson came up with the acronym CHOWS--Crazy Hellgate Osprey Watchers.

Just started raining...and thundering...
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #3268 on: March 31, 2023, 02:34:51 PM »

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #3269 on: March 31, 2023, 03:17:53 PM »

The sun is back here, down to 69 and dry. I think we were on the very edge and missed most of it. Ed said the news said there was 3" hail in Ames (U of I), 30 miles north of DSM.

kb, nothing looks good up north of here... WOW! Praying for the DNR nest... Hang in there, all of you!

Norwich Peregrine Falcon Forum - Jodie Mellowship  - Edith and the 3 eggs..........

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown