Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 02:02:39 AM 
Started by Phyl - Last post by Phyl
Why are these emperor penguin chicks jumping from a 50-foot cliff?

The first-of-its-kind footage, taken in January 2024 via drone, captures a rare event that may become more common as sea ice declines and penguins are forced to adapt.

Photographs and video byBertie Gregory
ByRene Ebersole
April 11, 2024

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/animals/photography/article/emperor-penguins-chicks-antarctica-jumping?rid=EBE150D77D2DB51479B2E2AEE712FBB9&cmpid=org%3Dngp%3A%3Amc%3Dcrm-email%3A%3Asrc%3Dngp%3A%3Acmp%3Deditorial%3A%3Aadd%3DSubWeekly_20240516&loggedin=true&rnd=1715929125239

on: Today at 01:48:22 AM 
Started by Lani - Last post by BrokenLug
I heard tell of a Kona low too.

on: Today at 01:24:01 AM 
1st pink cheeks and horse jowls.

Grandmother always said you'll never get allergies and Grandfather always said as long as you eat meat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoPoI1IwcTw

on: Today at 12:56:20 AM 
Started by Lani - Last post by Lani

Clynn, beautiful plantings... love seeing Iris's nest! ... Heaven's Miss Fishercon  :-*

Tsk,  Dusty Millers are like a perennial and they return... Enjoy the Titanic exhibit. We went to one in Florida years ago.

Phyl, thanks for nature video and update pics from your favorite cams, Flamingos, hatchery pond... The Kids from Decorah North are growing! WOW! on the Million Dollar Highway... this 3 year old GE washer had it's transmission replaced June 23, well we had to buy another one and replaced it today...  :-\

Hi Paulie,  :-*

Kb, awww the Husky is adorable.  :-*  .. migraine won't go away. I'm beginning to think it's my glasses. When I'm on the computer my eyes are giving me problems. I'll need to make an appt instead of waiting for my yearly fall visit. Thanks  :)

BL, awww thank you for posting pics of Lisa's beautiful mom Irma and she's all dressed up for Miss Fishercon! .. wonderful write up from The Adventuress Club for Irma!

{{{Puff}}}

Karen, thank you for news on Lisa and Bradley. They must be exhausted.... I pray they can sleep tonight for their trip home in the morning..

Happy birthday Maxie!

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Clynn,  Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Little Decorah gosling, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.

on: Today at 12:37:04 AM 
BL, I found a wonderful picture of Lisa's Mama that she posted on FB yesterday:

It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of our  beloved Mama  - Irma Martin. Irma passed away peacefully today. Please keep our family in your thoughts and prayers.

Clynn, awww what a beautiful pic of Lisa's mama! Lisa has her mama's eyes, and so does Bradley and Miss Sydney.  ;D

on: Today at 12:04:02 AM 

LOL!  ;D

on: Yesterday at 11:10:21 PM 
Started by Lani - Last post by Phyl
CLYNN/BL-thank  you for the photo of Lisa's mom, Irma.

KAREN- thank you for  the update from Lisa

BL- thanks for the  wonderful statement on Irma from  'Miss Fisher's' and the con, I remember seeing that photo of Adventuresses’ Club , thanks;  and weather report for the last leg of Lisa's return.

LISA- lovely photo your mom---strong resemblance--- in the eyes ; BL's weather report sounds good for you /Bradley's return home

PUFF I hope not much rain for you tonight, sounds like you've had enough

LANI- hope  you're feeling better

Good Night Everyone...SEDs.

on: Yesterday at 09:56:13 PM 
Thank you Karen.

From Savannah GA to Annapolis MD clean and green weather wise.

No lead footing it from you two in the AM. 

I 95   _ |-|-| _   head on a swivel the entire time from hugs to hugs as Puff would say.   :)

on: Yesterday at 09:55:11 PM 
Started by Phyl - Last post by paulie
Hi LB, Here's something interesting in June for you and I. You go to Dr in June to make appointment for another knee replacement. I go to Dr in June for x-ray Dr wants of my knee he wants to replace. I'm enjoying my walks and even mowed the lawn once this year so I'm not ready to schedule knee replacement yet. You and I are opposites there. I am really happy for you though having your left knee done and you're doing so good. That's awesome. I just don't want to give up 2 months plus of being active and going places and doing things. Maybe January when I'd be stuck inside most of the time.

What is a csr? Customer Service Rep? Whatever a csr position is most were laid off?? That doesn't sound good.
All you mention doesn't sound good but the fact you were given additional work I would think (hope) your position is secure.
True to wait to see what happens but in the meantime try not to worry too much. Yeah I know. Easier said than done.

We might go to the cabin tomorrow. I'm letting you know now in case we leave early and I don't post this weekend. The internet we have on the mountain is sketchy off and on.

on: Yesterday at 08:52:47 PM 
Started by Lani - Last post by karengramke
I just heard from Lisa.  She and Bradley are  in
Savannah where they will spend the night,  then home tomorrow.  She said she Will  contact  the beak as soon as she can!   Bradley Was anxious to see Sydney!
Sweet eagle dreams, beakers

Nice words from Ms, Fisher Bl! Thanks for posting!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10