Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 478903 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #9810 on: October 04, 2023, 10:36:15 AM »

CLYNN   Some more painted pumpkins  :)   I don't think Tim knows how to turn the washer on  ::)  But he can now turn on the dishwasher - leading is questionable however  LOL   I use my finger mute button when I want Tim to cut to the chase  sigh...
 We have similar flashlights not made by Duracell however.     LOLOL  Thanks for posting the Fractured Fairy tale.  Don't think as a child I would have gotten the ending  LOL     Awww that sweet little girl repairing the sidewalk crack.    " ricocheted thoughts"  ;D ;D

EAGLES   Thanks for confirming my thoughts about Prevagen.  Enjoy your afternoon  :)

KAREN    So hard to hear the stories your HHA has to tell.  :'( :'(

Off to meet Puff half way for lunch and her coat give-away.  See you all later.
Chicagoland

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #9811 on: October 04, 2023, 11:13:46 AM »

Hundreds of unwanted dogs has been taking in by one lovely lady in Costa Rica

Phyl, Beautiful and peaceful nature video.... {{{Newman}}}

Lisa, I hope all goes well with your dr appt, safe travels.

Clynn, Love the pumpkins and sweet girl taking care of the concrete owies.  :-*

Eagles good advice from your doctor, mine said the same.... I hate taking pills or medicine or getting shots so that advice works for me.  ;D ... have a fun day with your friend.

Tsk Have a lovely day with Puff, safe travels and give her a hug from me..... I took our dog Barkley to the Pet Blessing at our church one time.... We met at a lovely park, all these gorgeous animals, dogs, cats, rabbits and even a guinea pig all gathered round. Barkley wasn't too pleased, but sat and waited quietly. Then Rev. Susan started at the opposite side of us. She used a small willow branch to bless each animal, calling each pet by name. Barkley was eyeing this ceremony very suspicious about the whole thing. So by the time Susan nears us, Barkley takes one long look at her the branch as it touches each pet's head and he runs to the car. With apologies to Rev. Susan we left.... We bought him an ice cream cone, as well as something for us and went home.  ;D

Karen, I'm sorry, very sad situation for your HHA, saying a prayer for you and family.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 11:15:26 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #9812 on: October 04, 2023, 11:36:07 AM »

Tsk I say 'Hush'.       But, ahhhh finger mute button  
Maybe I should use that instead. Works well for you then?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 11:38:22 AM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #9813 on: October 04, 2023, 11:37:18 AM »

{{{Kb, Chris, Ollie}}} Remembering Scott ...

Have taken  all our kitties to churches "Blessing of the Animals' service.  ;) This year it's just Maggie.  :-*

E4E
thanks had been wondering about Prevagen too. Thanks. Won't waste valuable $$ on that one. ?Thanks for well wishes on dentist today.

CLynn  luv the hand painted pumpkins; darling little girl giving 'first aid' to sidewalk

{{{KB}}} take care w/ Ollie walking---sounds awful those walks

Lani bless the lady in Costa Rica;

{{{Karen}}}

Jim's just learning about the LGs and dishwasher . Master at vacuuming carpets/upholstery, clearing the table, emptying dishwasher and  putting dishes away, taking out the trash.

Gotta get busy ---Jim be here to pick me up at 1pm
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

LisaG1967

« Reply #9814 on: October 04, 2023, 12:09:23 PM »

Good Afternoon Beakers

Back from eye doctor, and still a lil dilated. 

{{{Kb, Chris, Ollie}}} Remembering Scott, and sending you hugs.

Phyl - Aww, Maggie going to get her blessing.  :-*

Lani - All went well at eye appt, and a slight change in the bifocal script, but not enough that I need to go get a new pair of glasses this year.

tsk - Enjoy your day with Puff.  Give her a hug from me!

karen - Wow, sounds like your HHA and her mother have alot on their plate.

E4E - Thank you  :)

clynn;D ;D  Misty.  Oh, more pretty pumpkins! 

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #9815 on: October 04, 2023, 02:50:00 PM »

Waving to All the Beakers!  :D

Clynn, thanks for the Fractured Fairy Tale. They're so funny!

Lani, LOL on Barkley at the blessing... and awww, Barkley.  :-*

TSK and E4E, that's what I figured about the OTC memory boosters... yes, very pricey! I figured if they worked, every doc would be telling their patients to take it. LOL. But it's good to get some 1st person reports.

TSK, I'm with you on the alternate non-med approach.  ;) I've never heard of the finger mute button. LOL. Is yours the same as in Phyl's picture? Enjoy meeting Puff for lunch and the coat donations.

Karen, your HHA is dealing with a lot. Hope her mother recovers and gets home again soon and can continue with child care help. I hope you can get another HHA who doesn't bring all her personal troubles to your door... I don't think that's supposed to be part of the program.  Also, be wary of anyone who might be preying on older folks having sympathy for them, to get money from them. I'm not saying that's what your HHA is doing, but there are plenty who have... hate people need to be on the lookout for that kind of scam, but it is a common one, as I'm sure you know.

KB, take care.

Lisa, you're really diligent about your eye checkups. Glad you don't need to shell out again this year for new glasses.

Phyl, I had The Weather Channel on earlier today, and they did a blurb on Fat Bear Week, with pictures of some of the popular candidates.  :D

Off to pull together some late lunch... mixed salad greens, with diced roma tomatoes, diced onion, diced green bell pepper, broccoli, and topped with some garlic shrimp. Will mix EVOO and Balsamic vinegar with a whole bunch of dried herbs and spices and drizzle it over. Same lunch I had yesterday.!  ;D Ho hum.

Clynn, like you, I chop it up in the kitchen so I don't have to fiddle with it while I eat.  :D
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 02:54:06 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #9816 on: October 04, 2023, 02:54:28 PM »

LANI   I think if I had property to spare I would do something like that kind lady to tend to all those dogs.    LOLOL  Barkley and his blessing story - a riot!!!

PHYL   Yes it works perfectly.  I pretend I'm holding the remote the then gesture how you would press "mute"   ;) ;)

KB  We remember this day for you when Scott passed.  We all felt it and hopefully the memories are all good for you today. (((KB)))

LISA   Lucky you - no changes in your glasses required.  The last couple years I've had significant changes - not to my liking.

BAZI    I pretend to hold the remote and gesture pressing the "mute" button while pointing it at him.  He gets the idea.   Or if her is watching TV and I need to ask him something - I do the same thing which gets him to actually mute his TV so I can talk. LOL

Wonderful to see PUFF today and her sparkling black Challenger in mint condition.  Like we both said her trunk would easily hold a head body BUT luckily about 20 coats got transferred to my trunk instead - some homeless will be looking quite smart this winter.  Thanks PUFF  Good catch up lunch.
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #9817 on: October 04, 2023, 04:59:53 PM »

tsk -   Last year when I went to eye doctor, and got new glasses I did not like the strength of the bifocal part.  I felt like I had to bring everything closer to me, and I had a hard time seeing what I was cooking on the stove.  I called her back and told her that, and she had to lower that strength.  I feel like I can still see pretty good out of the script from last year, even tho she said it slightly changed. 

baz - Your lunch sounds delicious!

A Sydney pic, or two :D
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 05:02:20 PM by LisaG1967 »

Puff

« Reply #9818 on: October 04, 2023, 05:15:09 PM »

tsk  Are you taking LuLu  for the blessing of the animals?  Bless her and bless you and Tim for giving her a sensational new life.

P

Puff

« Reply #9819 on: October 04, 2023, 05:43:26 PM »

BTW all spending some time with us--we did have a nice afternoon - but not so much lunch because so much talking was going on.  Leftovers for dinner.  So close - 20 minutes maybe to meet up at the between spot.  We have no good excuses.  It's embarassing.  Let's do better in the future tsk.

BTW - I found the little bag right in the spot next to my handbag - so I would remember to grab it.  I FORGOT!   :-[

P

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #9820 on: October 04, 2023, 05:50:19 PM »

LISA   Look at that cute Sydney all ready for trick or treat  ;D  I can just hear the squeals  ;)   Clever sitting up device - I've never seen one like that before.

PUFF   Completely forgot about the blessing  :P   I went home a different way and it only took me 25 minutes  ;D - So you are right - no good excuse for not meeting up more often.
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #9821 on: October 04, 2023, 06:40:41 PM »

Bounce
Go Twins!
Now we can go eat supper... lol
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

karengramke

« Reply #9822 on: October 04, 2023, 07:07:54 PM »

Lisa, saw that darling first picture on Facebook!  Wow!  Looking at the second picture she seems so much older than i know she is!  I think she  will be talking next week!   Lol

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #9823 on: October 04, 2023, 09:10:16 PM »

Karen - Like the story on your shih tzus Pups - isn't it funny how they (pups) love to hop up into cars! :)

Tsk - Glad you met up with Puff today!  I bet you both could have talked for hours! Lol  ;D  That's great about getting all those coats to be donated!

Lani - Blessings to the lady in Costa Rica that provides a home to many dogs - looks like she has the property for it!   Like the cute story of Barkley! ;D

LisaG - Having to have your eyes dilated is just about the worst - I sure do not like it! ::)   Glad that it seems your appt went well. :)   Sweet, darling pics of Sydney!! ;D

Bazi - Sounds like a good lunch for you today!  Good cautionary words for Karen - a person just can't be too careful these days.

Sorry this is being posted a little late today, but want to post anyway:  Thinking of Scott on his heavenly birthday  {{{Kb}}}

BrokenLug

« Reply #9824 on: October 04, 2023, 10:14:28 PM »

This kaleidoscope of colors in such a place.

One of the most spectacular things these eyes have ever seen sans trees.

This Blue Marble I spin around on with you all never lets me down ...   :)
U. S. A.