Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 09:31:13 PM 
Started by Lani - Last post by oldguy
Here is a time lapse of this mornings moving of the MV Dali by jeffstroff
MV Dali Ship MOVED From Key Bridge Collapse Site   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unBJhzaM6q8

on: Today at 09:14:41 PM 
Started by Lani - Last post by Phyl
Good Night Everyone... Have a wonderful night’s sleep.

You, especially Lisa.

on: Today at 09:05:42 PM 

LANI-Tks for the Puffin update and Puff's info on her special wind chime . Indigenous People are very spiritual and respectful
of the 'natural world'  as you know. {{{Puff}}} Willi and Millie . I peek in on that pair now and then.  :-*

LISA- 'I like bacon'  ;D    I know.

TIG/KAREN- tks for update on The Daili docking

CLYNN- Tks for Hellgate /Iris snap. Just 'over the Moon' about that pair and the nest.  :-*

Thanks all for the nature snaps. All who are in the path of the upcoming storms -y'all take care.  :-*
Our turn comes later this week

on: Today at 08:54:34 PM 

The cicadas here are horrific --walk out  on our deck and the roar is 'deafening'!  As if from ' The Outer Limits'.

AI Overview
Learn more

In 2024, Nashville, Tennessee will see two broods of periodical cicadas emerge, which is the first time in 221 years that this has happened. Brood XIX, which is the 13-year brood, will emerge around mid-May and be around for a month. Brood XIII, which is the 17-year brood, will also emerge in 2024. The two broods will emerge simultaneously, but the exact timing depends on the weather.
https://www.google.com/search?q=cicadas+nashville+2024&rlz=1C1GCEA_enUS832US832&oq=cicadas&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUqDQgDEAAYgwEYsQMYgAQyBwgAEAAYjwIyDQgBEC4YgwEYsQMYgAQyDQgCEAAYgwEYsQMYgAQyDQgDEAAYgwEYsQMYgAQyDQgEEAAYgwEYsQMYgAQyDQgFEAAYgwEYsQMYgAQyEAgGEAAYgwEYsQMYgAQYigUyDQgHEAAYgwEYsQMYgAQyEAgIEAAYgwEYsQMYgAQYigUyBwgJEAAYgATSAQg0NzM3ajBqN6gCALACAA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

"The buzz of cicadas is deafening. When will they go away?"
Buzzing cicadas can reach up to 100 decibels, or about the equivalent to a motorcycle or jackhammer.

By WSMV.com
https://www.wsmv.com/2024/05/13/buzz-cicadas-is-deafening-when-will-they-go-away/

on: Today at 08:14:09 PM 
Started by Lani - Last post by karengramke
Sweet dreams , Lisa!  Will look forward to seeing you in the am with a steaming cup mand a good view out the window!
Good posts today and I found lanis post about the wind chimes very interesting! Puff, if
Arizona  highways has a store listed you might buy new wind chimes and give yours a proper  Indian burial!

Good you did  ot just throw them out!

Wow, Clynn, this time next week you  will  be getting ready for a  a Wednesday Of fun!   I know it is only Monday but you need tomorrow to reprogram to  a grown up soccer star!   One with bursts of Barbie doll  fun and joy!

Going to wish all a good night and a safe journey thru the predicted storms!   Seems you alk are going out!  Tempting fate! 

When I posted my short post this morning, the Dali was in the dock from whence it departed!  They floated it up on the early morning high tide!
Seds

on: Today at 07:08:21 PM 
Started by Lani - Last post by kbshcb

They are calling this a land spout...?

already happening here...just west of Hayfield MN, southwest of Rochester

Tig: I have two appts tomorrow. First a dental and second at 1 for my ear...

Hennepin County has already issued a flash flood watch.....hmm

on: Today at 06:59:27 PM 
Started by shep - Last post by Nora in IA
1800 supper.  Meadowlark???

on: Today at 06:34:30 PM 
Started by Lani - Last post by tsk34
LISA   I was doing some research on the topic of caffeine and tinnitus and most say "no connection".  ;) ;)

BAZI   We had some hearty storms pass north of my backyard this afternoon - Dark but no rain.  Tomorrow is our critical day with a guarantee of some wide spread storms with warnings tomorrow afternoon/evening.

CLYNN  Heard an interesting piece on the late afternoon news.  Many newer neighborhoods may not get a lot of cicadas.  We moved in 16 years ago and they were building the house 6 months of year 17 - so our cicadas may have been all destroyed with that earth being moved around.  Never thought of that.  There are 4 houses in a row that are that time frame.

on: Today at 06:26:54 PM 
Started by Lani - Last post by camperstig
I began drinking coffee, 1 cup/day. about 7 years ago. Hmmm...

It has been 8 days since I mailed the heart monitor to Arizona. Hopefully I'll hear from the doctor before we go north.

Good luck tomorrow KB
All... stay safe tomorrow. I'll be out and about during both storm times.

SED

on: Today at 06:05:58 PM 
Started by Lani - Last post by clynndunn
Lisa, hope you have a good night and sleep peacefully...

tsk, I read this article on the Dali today, it said they finally freed the ship from the section of the bridge that was on the bow. the section weighed 8-12 million pounds! Wow, it's hard to imagine!    https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/18/us/dali-ship-baltimore-bridge-refloats/index.html  I haven't seen any cicadas yet! I'll have to find the pictures I took when Bella found one on a tree at the playground. It was shedding its old shell, I got a series of pics!

Lani, I had forgotten about Willi and Milli!  Thank you for checking on them, and they already have their egg! I think most of us are hoping Iris' NG will be Finnegan! I am so happy!

baz, we had a storm pass through last night, the sirens were going off. It wasn't that bad though. I think 1.5" of rain, but the wind wasn't too bad. Good for all my new plantings!

Phyl, love those fluffy dogs!

Good Night Beakers!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10