Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 08:20:55 AM 
Started by Lani - Last post by kbshcb
Lisa

So nice to hear you are home and safe....Take care.

Below is just a start of putting some of my snowball viburnum in a vase...have many more to do, but it rained last night and I was out back drying some things so took off a few...many more to come.

Those little white petals do fall so Just pick them up when done is all.

So happy my iris (yellow not open yet) will bloom this year.

Last year, I thought I lost them all because none bloomed after our atrocious winter, winter before last.
Most returning this year....Yah!

on: Today at 08:09:33 AM 
Started by Phyl - Last post by LBLNJ0668
Good cloudy morning at least no rain but been cloudy all week. At least cool.  Good  dy for a walk I did my1.5 mile walk yesterday hopefully today too but knee is botheringme probably cause of the weather.

on: Today at 07:48:17 AM 
Started by Lani - Last post by Puff
Getting out for an early morning today.  Got too hot for me yesterday.  Forecast mid 80's today.  Nope! count me out - or rather count me down on my a$$ watching my yard creatures, sipping ice water. . .

Tomorrow the veggie garden - then two day of that, but cooler is advertised.

karen/clynn  The battle of the critters.  Tried marigolds with their reputation - gave up on that lie.  Another with a good reputation is vinca - HAH.  I have 5 large bowls of them under my ash trees, planted Wednesday, found one completely destroyed Thursday.  I filled it back in yesterday with some of each of them from the other bowls and then smothered them with Repeals It.  We'll see soon what happened overnight.  I also will be replanting/improving on my 4 ft round cement large perennial bowl.  It looked sickly last year.  That should then be it for the day.

Had a royal mess to handle yesterday.  Got some precious help from Michael next door.  I came home late  Monday night after a travel show, when I closed the door from garage to house I heard a lot of tinkle tinkle noise.  Just kitty corner from entry door is the door to patio.  WHAT!!?? THE HECK.  There was a hole in the middle of the storm door glass, maybe 2 ft x 3 ft.  Over the last few days the hole kept getting bigger.  I wanted to put in the screen - but had to get rid of the hole, now about 3 ft x 5 ft.  Being less than 5'1" now there was no way I can even change to screen, which is why I hadn't done so as yet.  (Yelling)  Michael!  What he did is hang a tarp from the top of the door to the bottom and finished off the job of knocking out any remainder of the glass.  Now there were billions and billions of little tiny diamonds all over the patio.  Finally got the pieces of the safety glass collected and thrown out; replaced glass frame with screen panel (which should have been in to begin with).  I have an on call handy man - who will be handy somewhere else until next week - he'll check out the situation and no doubt I'll need an entire replacement.  :-\   

I had a robin build a nest on top of a light fixture next to the patio door.  (Been here 50+ years and that's the first time there).  I knew it had been spotted because I found two little blue smashed robin eggs in the grass/on the patio.  I also knew were big black birds (crows, starling, black birds) after the nest.  I'm thinking, Michael agreed, that somewhere in the county is a black bird who has a terrific headache from the "bang up" job it did hitting into the glass.   

See y'all later.  Enjoy!

P     

on: Today at 07:46:47 AM 
Started by Lani - Last post by tsk34

GOOD CATURDAY MORNING EVERYONE

LANI   Thanks for the washing machine story.  Let's hope this transmission holds up.   Tough looking Friday night crew  ;) ;)

LISA   Back home safe.  What a wonderful gesture by Nathan Page to not only contact your family  but now speak about her at the Con. Wonder if anyone can video that so you can have it for your memories of her.   Your Mom was well respected and a fun loving person. 

CLYNN  YAY   Soon back to munchkin Wednesday  ;D   Do the kids have a Memorial Day parade they march in?

PHYL   Fog hit a lot of places around here yesterday 365

on: Today at 07:32:45 AM 
Started by calhound - Last post by johoward
6:46  64 partly cloudy here. I like Ohio.  I am used to it.
 Debbie should be off duty today.  She will probably do some dog activity at the county pound. Bash's other grand parents, Mary's Rio in laws, are in town.
 I think Bash's Grandpa will run today in the Cleveland Marathon.  He goes all over the world to run.
Came here first this morning. I won't see Karen today.  I am on my own for the weekend.  She will be at her girl's house pulling weeds.
  Now coffee is cooling and cereal is waiting. So CUL EV1  GBU all.

on: Today at 07:22:05 AM 
Started by shep - Last post by shep
RAFT CONDOM
May 18, 2024
Canada goose pair were on nest acting like they chose it for their nest, so the loon people put a condom on the raft!  They wrapped it in screening.

Boy are the geese mad!   ;D

Another pair of geese has laid eggs on their other raft.

on: Today at 07:19:25 AM 
Started by shep - Last post by shep
May 18, 2024
Dawn - still eggs

on: Today at 06:55:26 AM 
Started by Phyl - Last post by Phyl
Nature 365:

https://www.nature365.tv/video/2024-05-18-morning-fog
https://www.nature365.tv

on: Today at 06:49:49 AM 
Started by Lani - Last post by Phyl
Nature 365:

https://www.nature365.tv/video/2024-05-18-morning-fog
https://www.nature365.tv

on: Today at 06:48:02 AM 
Started by Lani - Last post by Phyl
Good Morning Everyone ...It's Caturday ! . 

Currently: 52F clear , High  80F sunny,  Low 52F

Hope Beakers had a restful night.
Especially, (((Lisa/family}}} 

{{{Lani}}}

BAZ- :)

CLYNN- neither bother my marigolds or much else. Probably it's the mixed nuts I put out. The 'critters' love those.

Prayers for: The Beakroom and Cheers.; Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. Laken Riley, all those like her and family .
 'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere .

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10