Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 01:46:33 AM 
Started by Phyl - Last post by Phyl
World’s largest hummingbird is actually two species
By Pat Leonard Cornell Lab of Ornithology
May 13, 2024

https://news.cornell.edu/sites/default/files/styles/story_thumbnail_xlarge/public/0513_hummingbrid_0.jpg?itok=ttZF3jG7

on: Today at 01:40:36 AM 

Meet the Acrobatic Gems of the Bird World

May 26, 2024
Anna's Hummingbird by Sharif Uddin / Macaulay Library.

As elegant as they are feisty, hummingbirds enrapture us whenever they're nearby. Find out which ones are most common in your area, how they create those dazzling colors, and more cool facts to help you get the biggest enjoyment out of these smallest of birds.

Sword-billed Hummingbird by Dorian Anderson / Macaulay Library

Extreme Takeover: Hummingbird Edition
If there was a Guinness Book of Bird Records, hummingbirds would fill more than a few pages thanks to their tiny size, astonishing colors, and special abilities. In this course excerpt from Bird Academy, see how millions of years of evolution have produced some exceptional hummingbirds you have to see to believe.

What Bird Is This?
You may remember this bird as a recent cover image from Living Bird magazine. This beauty lives in the highlands of Costa Rica and western Panama, where its aggressive nature makes it the dominant hummingbird species. Sunlight can set this bird's coppery throat ablaze in incandescent red, orange, and golden hues. Is this bird's name burned into your memory yet? Check your answer. 

Mystery bird by William Richards / Macaulay Library

on: Today at 01:17:57 AM 
Started by Gene in NE - Last post by Phyl
I got to thinking and thought 'why not' post this snap here. Too.

Mississippi River Flyway Cam
May 21, 2024 10:36 AM
Camera Time: May 21, 2024 10:35 AM CDT
Birchwoman

on: Today at 01:14:19 AM 
    The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

May 28, 2024: NestFlix and News!
 May 28, 2024  RaptorResource

https://www.raptorresource.org/2024/05/28/may-28-2024-nestflix-and-news/

on: Today at 12:29:47 AM 
Started by Lani - Last post by Lani
Tsk, TFT is a big boy for sure! Both chicks parents have done a fantastic job!

{{{Eagles}}} I'll be thinking about you tomorrow, safe travels.  :-*

SED Karen  :)

Lisa, I'm still sneezing, the cats are giving me the evil eye. LOL. I think have a good ole fashion cold or allergies.  :-[

Good night!

Trempealeau Eaglets are doing well.  ;D

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Clynn,  Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.

on: Yesterday at 11:31:52 PM 
Started by Lani - Last post by Eagles4evr1116
Karen;  Enjoy those cute little baby finches peeking out the nest!!

Tsk;  Like what you told Clynn;  That you liked the collage of the memorial for the Beakers, but that you hope no more get added too soon!!

Phyl;   Hope you are able to work things out with your vet office for the care of your sweet Maggie.  I do hope they will be fair with you.  I don't know if things are different in your town, but when I had my little Star (my precious 5 lb chihuahua), my Vet office gave Seniors, age 65 & over, a 5% discount on everything. :)      More than that though, I wish they wouldn't charge you the full price for an office visit.  They should only charge for the Rabies shot.  Hope they are fair to you.
Oh no, don't like to hear about an Owl strike, but glad to hear that they are all safe at the DNN nest.

Clynn;  Sam & Sophie look so cute, sweet, and comfortable in the stroller!

LisaG; Little Sydney having fun with her water table is so precious!!!!  Her hair is long! :)   

Lani;   Thank you for Albie updates!!!

Baz;  You owned 5 motorcycles!!!!! ;D Wow!!!!

Karen;  'Backseat driver' !!!!  Hey- That's important too!!!! ;D 8)

Clynn; Have a fun day with your Munchkins tomorrow!!!! ;D

Tig, Puff, Og, Lori, Bl - good evening.

I may be catching up here in the afternoon tomorrow as in the morning, I will be getting ready to attend a funeral/celebration of life in a nearby town (40 minute drive) - leaving here at 9:15.

Good night & SEDs - stay safe.

on: Yesterday at 08:24:56 PM 
Started by Phyl - Last post by paulie
Hi tig and karen, An update from LB. Her brother is hospitalized. He's been downgraded to serious and more tests are being done.

on: Yesterday at 08:08:37 PM 
Started by shep - Last post by Nora in IA
Thank you on the banding!

on: Yesterday at 08:07:39 PM 
Started by Nora in IA - Last post by Nora in IA
  :-* Be careful little ones.

on: Yesterday at 06:28:05 PM 
Started by Lani - Last post by tsk34
LANI   TFT is a real tubby  - 22.88#   LOLOL

BAZI   Hey, I think I can fly a T-34 now  ;D ;D  Very cool blast from your past.  Gosh.  I sure hope you didn't get hail dinged.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10