Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470546 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #11685 on: November 28, 2023, 07:50:29 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Morning - tsk, Puff, tig and all  :)

Lani - I am glad headache is gone.  My eyes seem to take a long time too, to get back to normal after being dilated.

E4E - I am like you with the decorating.  The tree and stockings are up, and that is it.  I may not do all the extra this year.  Jeff has not even mentioned putting the lights on the house.

kb - Too cute....If it fits, I sit   

oldguy - I think you are correct in how the house sits on the property.  They close on Dec 4, and we are helping them move some things that weekend, so I will get to take a look at it then.

Phyl - Glad you enjoyed the cocoa!  I don't think there is an alley.  He said, there is a really nice privacy fence around the property, and on each side of the house is a double date to open the fence. Thanks for 365, DOTY, and RRP post.

baz - Hope your knees are feeling better today. 

clynn - Thanks for the SWFL update...Congrats to M15 & F23!!!!  Sad the old tree fell, but the root structure is amazing!

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #11686 on: November 28, 2023, 08:19:40 AM »

kb, at about second 42 you can see the 7th one moving behind the one on the far right... I had to watch it 3 times to see it!

tsk, so many good Elvis songs, hard to pick one! I was always moved by 'You Gave Me A Mountain'. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxNlpZxVR7E   Mother and Child Reunion from another wonderful pair of musicians, Simon and Garfunkel.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IS59-z3aE2c   Thanks for the opening to post some music!

Lisa, December 4 is less than a week away! Doesn't seem possible, where does the time go...  Erin and Family got home yesterday afternoon, back to school and work today!

👀 Impressive cloud deck rolling into the Mackinac Bridge this morning (11/24/23) as viewed from St. Ignace.  📸 Pic courtesy of Karl Grundemann

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #11687 on: November 28, 2023, 08:25:42 AM »

Thanks, clynn - would never have caught that. Impressive cloud deck, glad I'm not on that bridge!

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #11688 on: November 28, 2023, 08:48:02 AM »

Eburg - Always great to see you! Hope your day was special!

Lani - Glad your eyes feel good and that your headache went away! :)     I have an Eye appt this morning, but I don't believe i will need to get dilated, as I will be receiving the results of a Field Vision Test that I had a couple of weeks ago.   

Phyl - Beautiful 365.  Yes- giving Tuesday @ Decorah!  Like the cam pics  :)

Clynn - So helpful of Erin to come and help get the Christmas stuff out - bet you look forward to this weekend. :)   Beautiful pics at SWFL!   Amazing picture of the fallen giant sequoia and thank you for the story behind it.    Wow-no 'down' time for Erin & the family with getting right back to school & work today!   Love the amazing picture of the rolling cloud deck at the bridge!

Kb - Agree with you; a good day to stay in with Ollie. :)

Tsk - Very chilly in your area - bundle up and stay warm & comfy  :)

LisaG - I think I will cut down on the decorating too - probably do what you did! 

Beakers have a nice day - stay safe & warm!

karengramke

« Reply #11689 on: November 28, 2023, 08:49:52 AM »

Phyl, did you mean to say that your high temp for the day is 85?   I read that and thought I fell asleep last night and woke up in June! Lol!

LisaG1967

« Reply #11690 on: November 28, 2023, 09:57:08 AM »

clynn - Yea, Dec 4th is, and they are pretty excited.  Glad to hear Erin & family made it back safely.  I hope they had a great time!  Wow, very impressive cloud cover.  I love clouds.

E4E:D

Morning karen  :)

Has anyone heard from jaspurr lately?  I emailed her a couple times, and have not heard back.  I am a lil worried and concerned.  If anyone has, can you PM me and let me know, she is ok.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #11691 on: November 28, 2023, 10:22:11 AM »

Phyl, did you mean to say that your high temp for the day is 85?   I read that and thought I fell asleep last night and woke up in June! Lol!

Oh good grief 'No'!  :o
The high for today is just 25F above 0.

It was a 'faux pas' !
I'll blame it on 'Arthur'. That guy gets in my way alot these days.  >:(

Thanks.  ;)  :-*
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Puff

« Reply #11692 on: November 28, 2023, 10:34:59 AM »

kb, at about second 42 you can see the 7th one moving behind the one on the far right... I had to watch it 3 times to see it!

tsk, so many good Elvis songs, hard to pick one! I was always moved by 'You Gave Me A Mountain'. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxNlpZxVR7E   Mother and Child Reunion from another wonderful pair of musicians, Simon and Garfunkel.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IS59-z3aE2c   Thanks for the opening to post some music!

Lisa, December 4 is less than a week away! Doesn't seem possible, where does the time go...  Erin and Family got home yesterday afternoon, back to school and work today!

👀 Impressive cloud deck rolling into the Mackinac Bridge this morning (11/24/23) as viewed from St. Ignace.  📸 Pic courtesy of Karl Grundemann

OOOOH  Weird and Errie
Wish I had been there in person.

P

kbshcb

« Reply #11693 on: November 28, 2023, 10:47:03 AM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1729179274374971579

The question for me is, did the cow do this on purpose?

Still only 18 above.....grrr.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #11694 on: November 28, 2023, 10:55:37 AM »

Good morning Beakers!
Hi Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Karen ;D

Eagles, I hope you get good results from your eye doctor.

Tsk, I told him I would wait awhile too. Now, I understand why I keep thinking my glasses are dirty. LOL! I'm constantly cleaning the lens.  ;D ... I posted that particular Elivis song because it spoke to my heart as well as the baby in the good night post. May we all know where our children sleep at night, safe and loved... I wish for Peace and for protection of all God's children and creatures big and small. My good night's post reflect my thoughts at the moment. I'll say no more  :-*

Kb, there is 7 owls. It's behind the owl on the far right of your screen. Enlarge the screen and at the 40 sec mark, watch the top of the owl's head and you will see one move right behind it.... If the cow didn't, she did a good job of covering her "faux pas" as Phyl would say. LOL!

Hi Puff, Lisa  :)

Clynn, Look at those precious SWFL egglets! Life goes on.... your Pinterest link is gone... love morning posts... thanks for your thoughts on Aly... I miss her help too. I'll have to get someone to help me put up the garland over the front door this year. I tried on Sunday but I couldn't see the nail close up. I'll have to figure this out.... sad about the old tree, awww the history of life that has occured around it's growth. I feel like its Treebeard from Lord of the Rings. LOL!  ;D .... you found the 7th owl too!  ;D I knew it had to be there if the owner of the cam had been watching these babies.... Happy to hear Erin and family arrived home safely and back to their routine!  ;D ... awesome pic of the Mackinac Bridge.

Phyl, I haven't had French toast in years... Peaceful nature video this morning, gorgeous closeup of owl, glad to see a few turkeys made it through Thanksgiving... Lovely sunrise pics.... darn that Arthur! Harvey gets in my way alot. 
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #11695 on: November 28, 2023, 11:27:05 AM »

Lisa here's your cup back all nice, clean and ready for a refill.  ;D  Gosh too bad about no alley. But,  nice they have that out building that was
kept up.

E4E wishing you the best at the optometrist

CLynn that cloud deck rolling into the Mackinac Bridge  :o. Imagine being stuck in that? Will check out it's video. Thanks for SWFL update--- ;)
That massive sequoia sad it's gone.  Remember LOTR and the giant trees ...the Hobbits riding in 'Treebeard' ?    So happy to hear the kids made it home safely.

Tsk I had never heard 'You gave me a mountain.'  from Elvis.  Tks for the link, will listen .   All the others I have though.

KB yep! the dog was thrilled to be with his kitty pal.  So funny cow sliding downhill on her butt. Good idea to stay indoors w/Ollieman.
I did the front porch for  Christmas, well more for Winter with evergreens yesterday. And, it was cold!
The titanium plate in my neck felt like a sheet of ice, as I didn't have my neck wrapped. The cold radiated down my spine  seemingly to trouble L -4, 5- and 6. Let's not forget S-1.
It was my own fault and the whole 'haste thing' to get out and get 'it' done.

Lani cute pooch with red bow.  {{{you missing Aly}}}   Have always wished the best for your girls--esp Aly in her career. She'll do a lot of good.
How cool you read LOTR books. You have the DVDs too?  ;)

#IstandwithEvan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #11696 on: November 28, 2023, 11:34:02 AM »

LISA  Very inviting AM pic  ;D

CLYNN  Only way to see that 7th is to enlarge to full screen.  Finally got it.   Stunning cloud pic and bridge.  Erin and Talon will have good stories to tell at school today  ;) ;)   I got it wrong - The song of Elvis I was thinking of was Suspicious Minds.   You are right .  Simon and Garfunkel did Mother and Child Reunion.

LANI   AM photo  ;D

KB  Cow thought it over and decided on option 2 LOL
« Last Edit: November 28, 2023, 11:38:48 AM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #11697 on: November 28, 2023, 04:45:00 PM »

some bounce
I rested yesterday. Today, after watching the funeral service and crying a lot, I gave second floor a good cleaning. That just leaves the dining room and living room to do. Then, I can start decorating. Not doing much this year. I brought up some big pine cones my Mom had in storage in the basement. I'll weave some lights in between on top of the organ. Etc. The tree with our Pooh ornaments and our Pooh socks.  :o
KB... No SKOL.  >:(
And a new coach for the Wild !?!!!
SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Phyl

« Reply #11698 on: November 28, 2023, 05:28:54 PM »

Here's another view of Shelf cloud over the Mackinac Bridge.  Showed this to Jim and he called it a 'cloud roll'. Saying they usually come before severe weather i.e. T-storms. And are along the edge of a cold front. It's lifting the air up and infront of itself-causing that roll.

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #11699 on: November 28, 2023, 05:34:16 PM »

{{{Tig}}} I watched some of Mrs. Carter's funeral service--very touching with lovely t ributes by their children.
SEDs

Lisa pretty red cup of coffee this AM

I too, would wager the cow had the trek downhill all figured out and took 'Option 2'  a butt slide. I've seen some horses do that  on a steep side .  Still kinda funny .

#IstandwithEvan