Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1031165 times)

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #11670 on: November 27, 2023, 08:43:40 PM »

Clynn - Great picture at the Black Eagle Project Roodekrans.

Tsk - Thanks for the reminder of Eburg & Neva's birthdays!

Lani - Have a good evening. :)

Phyl - Good for you in the decorating you are doing!  I am having a hard time getting motivated to decorate.  Everyday seems to busy with obligations and things to do, so I have not started my indoor decorating for Christmas.

Og - Busy time at the store! Will you be working more hours during the holidays?

Baz - Cute birthday greetings for Eburg & Neva!  Good that you are walking, but take care not to over do. ;)

Karen - Great news on two eggs at SWFL!    NO OWLS.

Beakers have a good night / sleep well.

eburgbirdwtchr

• Hatchery nest visitor since 2007
« Reply #11671 on: November 27, 2023, 09:52:13 PM »

Thanks Everybirdy for the birthday wishes....tsk, oldguy, LisaG, Phyl, Eagles4evr, karengramke, clynndunn, baziunc, and Lani.  Cake and flowers and places....but especially thanks for the meadowlark song Lani!! :) :D ;D ;)
Use the talents you possess: for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.
Iowa Lakes Region, western North Central Iowa

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #11672 on: November 27, 2023, 11:21:03 PM »

It's 12 above with strong winds....That's all I'm going to say ;)

Speechless  ;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #11673 on: November 28, 2023, 12:17:14 AM »

Clynn, Regarding your question about Aly happy to be busy? It's been emotionally difficult year for her. She has a soft heart and wants to mend the world... the Flyaway pic of the 12 eagles is fantastic.... Juv 23 is a stunning black eagle juvie! Gorgeous.... prayers for safe travel for Erin and family.

Phyl, glad little Coypu made it up on the ice.... my eyes are much better tonight. Thanks.

Tsk, YAY sweet Lulu, she passed the Christmas decorations test!   ;D ....  I guess I will need cataract surgery on my left eye in a year or so...

Eagles, sounds like a wonderful Thanksgiving vacation!  8) Hi to your mom and sis!  ;D

Oldguy, sounds like a successful Thanksgiving weekend! ... Love the Pentatonix Christmas song. Now, I've got to listen to more of their songs while typing this.... Maru, Hana, Miri  :-*

Lisa, I wondered about the new home's shed/garage.... yes, my headache was gone by late afternoon. But, it took my eyes a few hours to get back to normal.

{{{Baz}}} I hope your knees will be smiling tomorrow... good for you to keep the joints moving.... it was cold and windy here too. Take care.

Karen, great news about the 2 eggs at SWFL!! Prayers for the owls to stay away!  :-*

Hi Puff :)

Kb, love the dog/cat sharing stool. LOL! Cat looked perturbed. LOL!

Eburg! I hope you had a great day! Meadowlark has a pretty song!  ;D

Good night!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-pP_dCenJA

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Karen and Piper, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Phyl and Jim, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Karen and Piper, Paulie, Eagle's mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Lori and her grandma Clute, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Siamese mother and kittens, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #11674 on: November 28, 2023, 06:14:56 AM »

Good Morning Everyone !   

Currently 68F     High  85F sunny,  Low 61 F .

KB have to agree with Bird Eckler's comment  ;)

Lisa A thought ---Bradley,  since no room on either side of the house  like my old house in Mo.---  I had a garage  built in the back of my house in Webb City. I had it added later and attached my backyard  privacy fence to it. The driveway spilled into the alley. Do they have an alley between the streets?

Karen  great news ... 2 eggs at SWFL! Go away owl.

Lani glad your eyes are better, sweet ;Good Night baby

Bazi hopefully  happier knees today

Prayers for:   Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; Linda and Ian, My  Alter prayer list
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #11676 on: November 28, 2023, 06:19:44 AM »

National Day of Giving
Prioritize giving over consumerism and help those less fortunate by fundraising for a cause close to your heart or volunteering in your community.

National French Toast Day
Slices of bread soaked in a sweet, eggy bath, then fried to golden perfection, making mornings delicious and satisfying.

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #11677 on: November 28, 2023, 06:21:00 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

News and NestFlix from Decorah, Decorah North, and the Flyway!
 November 27, 2023  RaptorResource
https://www.raptorresource.org/2023/11/27/news-and-nestflix-from-decorah-decorah-north-and-the-flyway/

Sauces bald eagle cam

Puff

« Reply #11678 on: November 28, 2023, 06:23:21 AM »

Great closeup of the owl.  Photog must have been right under!

P
« Last Edit: November 28, 2023, 06:46:22 AM by Puff »

Phyl

« Reply #11679 on: November 28, 2023, 06:42:51 AM »

Mississippi River Flyway Cam
Nov 28, 2023 6:41 AM
Camera Time: Nov 28, 2023 6:41 AM CST
Birchwoman

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #11680 on: November 28, 2023, 06:44:27 AM »

Decorah North Eagles
Nov 28, 2023 6:43 AM
Camera Time: Nov 28, 2023 6:43 AM CST
Birchwoman

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #11681 on: November 28, 2023, 06:46:38 AM »

Great Spirit Bluff Falcons - Cliff View
Nov 28, 2023 6:45 AM
Camera Time: Nov 28, 2023 6:44 AM CST
Birchwoman

Sauces bald eagle cam

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #11682 on: November 28, 2023, 06:58:34 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, I remember you had said that about Aly before, that she wanted to save everyone...I was hoping the change might have resolved some of that feeling that she was responsible for every person she helped. She is such a gentle and caring person, and she chose a difficult career, but I bet that she has helped others more than she knows... Love the Meadowlark song!

Phyl, love the 365, an owl, a deer and those beautiful turkeys!  13 here right now, 35 for the high today.  :o Today is Giving Tuesday! Thanks for the reminder!  Great pics in Amy's Blog, I see the eagles on the log got posted in the blog! When I see your sunrise pics I always think of the city waking up...Great cover on the New Yorker last night, Dad in his suit and tie, Mom in her dress, 1948.

E4E, I haven't done any Christmas decorating yet either! Usually the weekend after Thanksgiving, but Erin was gone. He always helps us get all the stuff out, so it will be this weekend.

kb, love the dog and cat on the stool, wonder which one fell off first? Here's another fun video:  https://www.pinterest.com/pin/319474167325498400/

tsk, sounds like Lulu is a good cat! Unlike Harley, aka Turdbutt.

oldguy, thanks for all the links, still working on them! I may have to visit Menards this week, they usually have great Christmas stuff!

SWFL

History Three Thousand ยท The Dyerville Giant was a massive sequoia the fell in 1991 in Humboldt Redwood State Park. At the time it was considered one of the tallest trees in the world measuring 362 ft. tall (larger than The Statue of Liberty). It was 17 ft. wide and 57 ft. in circumference. When it fell, the ground beneath it moved the earth so much that it registered on a nearby seismograph. The sound was so loud that those who heard it said it sounded like a train had crashed. Today in the park you can walk the entire length and marvel at its massive root structure. The tree was estimated to be between 1600 and 2000 years old.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #11683 on: November 28, 2023, 07:12:35 AM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1728081497851043951

For the life of me, I only count 6 barn owls, not 7...Beakers?...I even opened the picture up wide. Also, what pray tell is that noise in the background?

Phyl - yes on her comment....LOL, however the puppy sure looks happy with it's non stop tail wagging.
Kids, I tell ya.

tsk - thankfully, I fell asleep during the Vikings game as I heard it was a total disaster on our part!..You do remember we don't have our multi million dollar QB or wide receiver among many..That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

No Ollie man, we are not walking again today, so sorry...won't be up to 22 or so till noonish...
tomorrow however looks good ;)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #11684 on: November 28, 2023, 07:15:07 AM »

HI EVERYONE

12 degrees  :o :o  heading to 24

KB   That is too funny...Good thing the Dalmation was still a puppy  LOL  That 7th owl must be behind??

EAGLES   No worries.  Thanksgiving was early this year - You have an extra week to decorate.  LOL  I looked into next year and Thanksgiving is really late  Nov 28th!

LANI   The technology on cataract removal has so improved as the years go by.   Doc said I could wait a bit still.   Elvis did some great songs - I always liked "Mother and Child Reunion" and " Can't Help Falling in Love with You" too.

PHYL   Lots of nature in 365  Liked the last shot!  ;D   Good vids on Amy's blog - Interesting duck hunting and north interloper.

CLYNN   A tree 57' in circumference is hard to imagine  :o
Chicagoland