Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1030858 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #11715 on: November 29, 2023, 08:26:41 AM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1729739993600368663

A "real upward facing dog"....referencing yoga...

Morning all,

30 above and heading to the mid 40's...oh just an hour or so of that but going to spend some time outside today for sure.

speaking of square dancing. My grandmother did it till her death at 99....most of her "partners" started to pass in her early 90's so it became more rare...She only died as a much younger walking partner fell on top of her while walking and broke grandmother's hip...then a medical disaster followed..
Pretty long life esp. for that time and I attribute it to good genes and active lifestyle. also a long time swimmer.

Rumor has it that Rutt is possibly in the Ada MN area now in Moose Country and probably not to be seen again. Godspeed Rutt!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 08:28:47 AM by kbshcb »

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #11716 on: November 29, 2023, 08:44:29 AM »

current 43 - showers this morning (yay)! - high 63

Kb - Good question on that vid with the cow!

Lani - I have very small cataracts in each eye, but they are so small, that he said we won't do anything about them right now.  Thinking of you and how much you miss Aly {{Lani}}

Tsk - I love all music/songs by Elvis - including Christmas!   Just read your parents were Square dancers too!  Your Mother must have been quite an amazing seamstress!

Tig - Have fun with decorating  :)

Puff  :)

Phyl - Great picture of the shelf cloud over Mackinac Bridge - glad to read how it forms!  Liked your night pic.  How wonderful that your parents did Square dancing! :)  Your Mother was an amazing seamstress!!    Cute little squirrel digging in the snow for acorns in Nature365. :)

Karen - How lucky it was that you were in the bookstore that day :)  such a memorable & special moment. :)

BL  :)

Hi Oldguy, Clynn, Lori, LisaG, Baz  :)

Beakers have a nice day.

karengramke

« Reply #11717 on: November 29, 2023, 09:04:18 AM »

Clynn, darling kitties!  How did you select them?   Betty and Buddy!,   I have never seen a blue point!   Safe travels to Ed and Kelsey!   Tell them to have a horse shoe on me!   Safe travels for the. And good luck to you!  Do you need a dumpster?   Lol.
Cold today with a slight warm up beginning.   73 on Friday but only for an hour or two but welcome!   After all Karen, it is winter!
Think I may put some fall stuff away today and contemplate a Christmas plan!   

Puff

« Reply #11718 on: November 29, 2023, 09:58:15 AM »

Love Christmas - EVERYTHING!

Thanks for the tour clynn.  I've heard about it but never done it.  Bucket list 2024?

Made alterations thru the years but the WH for sure has me beat.  What a wonderful presentation.  But they can't better me in spirit. . .  More recently than before, the last 5 years or so Ton and I made changes that were smart, now mandatory.  Got the "bug" from my Dad.  He once made a biplane, to scale and silk on the wings, with Santa in the front seat and a bag of presents in the jumper seat.  Had a slanted runway, center marked and blue side lights (we lived within mile of Midway).  It made the rounds with the family and others.  Even hung it off the ceiling of the snack shop Ton had.  Every time he worked on it he had to wear his Santa hat.

I'm trying to keep the spirit going but I still am being forced to "adapt".
DANG
First it was body issues.  Then they took away my ladder.  I was only 5'3" now under 5'1".   And as with many of us, bending, squatting, reaching, carrying, and  trying to move the next day have become no-nos!

BUT IN MY HEART THE SPIRIT WILL ALWAYS BE !!!!!!

(This stinks.  :'(  )

P   
« Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 10:01:38 AM by Puff »

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #11719 on: November 29, 2023, 11:38:55 AM »

Good morning Beakers!
Hi Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Eagles, looks like we're both have eye issues, thank goodness surgery way down the road for us. I've been busy texting with Aly this morning. She's trying to help me find someone to help with putting up the Christmas garland over the front door. And Dewey's mad at her and giving her the death stare. Poor Dewey is lonely for a buddy to play with.. You have a good day too.

Kb, sweet puppy yoga pose... thanks for Rutt update

Phyl, cute "stocking up" nature vid... thanks for RRP annual report.

Clynn, Is this a special trip for Ed and Kelsy? Are they picking up the sweet kittens? Karen calls them Betty and Buddy, is that their names? ... It's a beautiful setting for the Twin Pine Tree House and it's history of Abrams & Straus is very interesting.

{{{Puff}}} wonderful Christmas memories  :-* .... I've mine too, especially when I put on Christmas music to add to the decorating spirit. Remember family Christmases for 20 and now just 4 of us... I'm having ladder battles too.

Wonderful square dancing memories of Beak parents!
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #11720 on: November 29, 2023, 11:48:33 AM »

CLYNN   Wish I had saved my girl scout sash - I think we had a dancing badge  ;)   Not taken as political - they always go WAAAY out for this.  Can you imagine how hard it is to get in and see it all?    While Ed and Kelsey are gone - Boy can you get a lot done - decorating, shopping, wrapping, baking, "purging"  ;) ;)   WOW  You picked out your kitties already.  Exciting.   What an amazing story about Abrams and Strauss.  Can't imagine the cost of building and maintaining those homes.  :o

KB   Cute dog  :)   What a freaky accident for Grandma leading to her demise.  I'd say at 99 she had a good active life.

PUFF  Dad's biplane story - WOW

LANI   No word of mouth "handyman" in your  neighborhood?  We have a "Township office " that keeps a list of handymen for seniors.  Don't know if there is something like that in your area
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #11721 on: November 29, 2023, 12:11:44 PM »

It looks like HM and HD are on a shared tree?  Do we know we where?  By N1?  They could be making a habit of this/that.

LisaG1967

« Reply #11722 on: November 29, 2023, 12:51:46 PM »

Good Morning/Afternoon Beakers

((Puff))

karen - You are too funny.....After all Karen, it is winter!

E4E - Glad you got a lil rain. 

kb - Hope you got to get outside today. 

clynn - Oh my goodness, the kitties are adorable!  Safe trip for Ed & Kelsey.  I just came back from the outlets.  They have a Carter's, Baby Gap and Old Navy over there.  I got some really cute clothes for Sydney in the Old Navy store.  They were still having deals from the Black Friday sales. 

Phyl - Thanks for 365, DOTY and RRP post. 

tsk - Thank you!  I received an email from Jaspurr this morning.  All is well.  :D

kbshcb

« Reply #11723 on: November 29, 2023, 01:24:53 PM »

Woot Woot!.....it's 50 degrees above ZERO!..

Not to last long and average is 35. After being 15 degrees below average for quite awhile we rejoice one day above average the same amount!.
Did get that walk in with Ollie earlier.

Surprised however by the amount of Frost on the shady roadways....we were definitely careful as I only wore tennis shoes.

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #11724 on: November 29, 2023, 01:54:30 PM »

HAPPY DAY, BEAKERS!  :)

Tsk, I used to think the weather affected my joints, but now it's a rare day they don't hurt, so the weather doesn't seem to make a difference.  I just try to ignore it, much as I can.  ;) ;D

Karen, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!  You're on a roll!  ;D

Clynn, oh... those kittens look sooooo sweet!!  :-* :-*  I'm just now catching up on a couple days of posts.  Just to think of a tree that was tall enough to have been able to shade the head and raised arm and torch of the Statue of Liberty! A 2,000 year-old tree. Just amazing.  :-* :-*  That story of the twin mansions on Cherry Island... I swanee, some super-rich people sure do some weird-ass s*&^%$#@it.  ;D ;)

I used to do a lot of Contra Dancing - loads of fun!
https://www.masterclass.com/articles/contra-dancing

I walked 27 minutes today. My knee (and ankle and foot) are way better, but I still kept it fairly short. I waited till noon, after the temps got up to 40, and the wind had laid down, so it wasn't bad in the sun. Pretty day, despite the colder temps. A hawk was screeing over and over, and I knew he had to be nearby because of how loud it was, but I couldn't see him, till I turned around and started walking back, and then I found him - top of the sentinel tree in his environs. I didn't have my binocs, but I think he was a Red-Shouldered Hawk.  He was very insistent with his calls, maybe saying, "Mine, all mine!"  I wanted to say, "I hear ya, buddy!"  :D :-*
https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Red-shouldered_Hawk/sounds

In Otter News:

« Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 01:57:13 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #11725 on: November 29, 2023, 03:10:27 PM »

International Jaguar Day 2023: All You Need to Know About Amazon’s Mightiest Apex Predator
https://earth.org/international-jaguar-day-2023-all-you-need-to-know-about-amazons-mightiest-apex-predator/

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #11726 on: November 29, 2023, 03:13:57 PM »

A vigilant jaguar on a tree branch. Photo: Pixabay.

Meet the Amazing Jaguar

The jaguar (Panthera onca) stands as the third-largest big cat on the planet and the only big cat in the Americas,  effortlessly blending grace with raw power. They resemble the leopard, but their coat displays larger and more spaced-out rosettes, often with central spots inside each, creating a less clustered pattern.

These big cats live mainly in the Americas, adapting to different environments. They are found in the Amazon Rainforest (Brazil, Peru, Ecuador, Colombia), Pantanal Wetlands (Brazil), Gran Chaco (Argentina, Paraguay, Bolivia), and Cerrado biome (Brazil). They also roam through Central America (Mexico, Belize, Costa Rica, Guatemala) and the Yucatán Peninsula (Mexico).
Despite their adaptability, jaguars are at risk due to habitat loss. Conservation efforts are crucial to protect these majestic cats across their diverse habitats.

Jaguars mean a lot to people living where they roam. They are not just strong predators but symbols of power in indigenous cultures. These big cats are part of local stories and traditions, representing a connection to nature. Some see them as guardians or special beings. Jaguars also bring economic benefits through wildlife tourism, creating jobs. However, in places where people farm, jaguars can cause issues. Conservation efforts aim to find solutions that let people and jaguars live together peacefully, respecting these amazing creatures’ cultural and natural heritage.

Continued https://earth.org/international-jaguar-day-2023-all-you-need-to-know-about-amazons-mightiest-apex-predator/

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Puff

« Reply #11727 on: November 29, 2023, 04:16:42 PM »

Adult eagle on N1 4:14.  Eating on fish jerky.

P
« Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 04:19:34 PM by Puff »

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #11728 on: November 29, 2023, 06:24:57 PM »

LISA    I bet you went crazy shopping -  ;D  Are you buying sizes ahead too?

KB   Gosh - You were warmer than we were today!!!  We may hit that 50 tomorrow  - then back to ugly weather on Fri and Sat.

BAZI   " I can see clearly now...."     I wasn't able to access that link so found contra dancing on Youtube - Seems a bit more complicated than square dancing but certainly nice and aerobic!   I never heard of that dance before.
"In Otter News"  LOL  Steve. ;D

PHYL   Beautiful cats! and much respected.
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #11729 on: November 29, 2023, 06:29:22 PM »

No bounce
I must have touched the wrong handrail over the weekend... I've come down with a cold, I think. I did a light workout and then the hot tub. I'm going to postpone laundry day tomorrow and rest.
SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)