Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470454 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #7410 on: July 25, 2023, 12:44:53 PM »

Spoiler alert.   After moaning that I didn't think I would ever see any monarchs ( they did finally come) and not getting anywhere near what I released last year, I think I will break my previous record this year -  :o :o  Final numbers at the end of August  ;) ;)

CLYNN   OK Thanks for the bench placement.   If I remember correctly it is off the parking lot that belongs to a business next to the nest which is about the only place you can observe the goings on.   Thanks for finding those.  Cute pics of Erin's family  :)

KAREN  Nothing wrong with your A1C  ;D :-*  Good going!  Thanks for explanation on the collar.

KB   Every pic you've shown us of your yard is picture perfect.  A gorgeous area- all due to your sweat and tears.  :-*  I would think any native perennials should work.  Look up some natives for your zone as maybe a start?    LOLOL  I was just scrolling down to the next entry and saw that you already did that  LOLOL
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #7411 on: July 25, 2023, 01:40:03 PM »

KB... how about a fast spreading ground cover? Aubrieta? I have bear berry (not barberry) on our blvd. but it does well in shade.

Oh la la...that is gorgeous tig...

We shall see I have till next spring to figure it all out....

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #7412 on: July 25, 2023, 01:55:37 PM »

HAPPY DAY, BEAKERS!  :)

Loved reading all the posts, and seeing all the pictures and reports from family, home and hearth, cams, and elsewhere!  :D

I'm heading to the kitchen for a late lunch - shrimpmasalad  ;)  yum... and will have an early supper later - lobstermasalad  ;D  yummmmmmmmm.

Waving to All! :)   Stay cool!  :D 8)

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #7413 on: July 25, 2023, 02:00:38 PM »

karen, I am so glad you have Piper, she is such good company for you and you get exercise every time you go let her out!

kb, cute graylag goose family, I have never seen any of those!

tsk, I had saved this picture a while back, it shows the layout of SWFL, on Pritchett's Real Estate land. The 2nd pic is the entrance to the lane. Glad to hear you are having a good Monarch season, I remember you were worried at first!

Lisa,
your ATF pictures on FB are wonderful! Hope you don't mind, I am posting the one of Decorah at SOAR:

CTV Calgary - Emergency crews got a surprise Thursday when they responded to a hydro pole fire in Lavigne, Ont. On top of the pole was an osprey and her two baby chicks, panicking because their nest was on fire. https://northernontario.ctvnews.ca/west-nipissing-firefighters-rescue-osprey-her-chicks-from-burning-nest-atop-hydro-pole-1.6489139?utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A%20New%20Content%20(Feed)&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR2iNEF_wNMD-_IwStBi4LwMX6dQk_bWMYfZFzV2A1S12NZPgXgwTPYmFnQ
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LisaG1967

« Reply #7414 on: July 25, 2023, 02:20:46 PM »

Ugh........I just had a post all ready to go and I hit the close button!   ::)

Here is a link to my ATF pics.  https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10231574599653978&set=pcb.10231574895821382

Clynn - Thanks for the kind words on my pics.  I am hoping the rest of the Beakers can see them, as I made the post PUBLIC, so you should not need a FB to view it.
Oh my....I hope they rescued the osprey and her chicks!  Thanks for the SWFL info and pics. 

baz - Your lunch and dinner salads sound yummy!

kb - Awww, Ollie man protecting you.  Pic of yard looks nice. 

karen - I am excited, and also JEALOUS of your A1C!  Nice of the vet to come over and help with the collar.

tsk - I don't think that doc will be calling you about that A1C either....so JEALOUS!  ;D

Phyl - I am being lazy, as I am still catching up.  What was the answer to the Pink lake? 

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7415 on: July 25, 2023, 02:56:02 PM »

Rescuing a species!

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-hampshire-66245010?at_link_type=web_link&at_link_origin=BBC_Money&at_medium=social&at_bbc_team=editorial&at_format=link&at_ptr_name=facebook_page&at_link_id=A9828376-265F-11EE-B525-8A91AD7C7D13&at_campaign_type=owned&at_campaign=Social_Flow&fbclid=IwAR0YeEu26P9HCd5DsbLyZugsdfx1znWbgsB-dIqQfj_xgcUkUWbLkqSX4Eg

BAZI   Binging on fish today I see...Very healthy. ;D

CLYNN     Yes I remember that SWFL area when I was there several years ago.  Anyone who was watching the cam at the time - we waved!!   Sure hope those osprey babies - thanks to the rescuers - can be returned to parents and hope that nest is livable.

LISA    Maybe yours won't be as bad as you think....
Chicagoland

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #7416 on: July 25, 2023, 04:01:38 PM »

Baz - Cute pic of your niece and son!  Wow - renovated Bird House @ the national zoo sure sounds wonderful!

Tig - Nice to watch a movie yesterday in those comfortable theatre seats  :)

Tsk - Not sure what you meant when saying that your Mom and yourself, never had your hair done.  Does this mean you have never gone to a salon for a haircut?  My Mom only got a shampoo & cut.
Just read about your Monarchs - very exciting!!!!  ;D ;D

LisaG - I bet you got the warmest welcome from Jeff, Bandit, & Misty when you got home! ;D

Karen - Glad the vet helped you with a collar for Piper and hope all went well at the appt today.

Phyl - Sounds like perfect timing that Jim finished mowing and then the downpour came!

Clynn - Like the benches for Ozzie too!  Thanks for the pics.

Kb - Love the pic of the goose family! 

Beakers have a good afternoon!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7417 on: July 25, 2023, 06:39:18 PM »

EAGLES   Mom only went for a haircut.  She shampooed her own hair.  In later years I shampooed it for her.   I do the same. My friend cuts hair in her home.
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #7418 on: July 25, 2023, 06:56:05 PM »

Boulder County Fairgrounds Osprey Cam - Jenny Johnson - Portrait of the siblings from this evening 💛

A group of volunteer knitters, quilters and other crafters are offering closure for those with unfinished items.  https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2023/07/25/1189872837/when-illness-or-death-leave-craft-projects-unfinished-these-strangers-step-in-to?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_term=nprnews&utm_campaign=npr&utm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR2iNEF_wNMD-_IwStBi4LwMX6dQk_bWMYfZFzV2A1S12NZPgXgwTPYmFnQ

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Puff

« Reply #7419 on: July 25, 2023, 07:09:43 PM »

LisaG   Pink water/lake is caused by an algae.  Same thing is happening at the Great Salt Lake in Utah - although because of shrinking there's not so much lake left.

Sorry about the traffic mess.  I had to improvise a new route, too.  A bit easier for me though because I know the choices better. 

Enjoy the next adventure. . .when is baby due?

P

karengramke

« Reply #7420 on: July 25, 2023, 07:55:41 PM »

Good rescue stories today!   Thanks for posting!  Wonder if they think the osprey parents will rebuild a nest where the old home place burned down! They will have trouble reuniting this family, I am thinking!  They must tell the kids to stop smokimg in bed!

Love the bench for Harriet and remember them getting one
 For Ozzie but I do not recall the third!   Nice setting!   Thanks clynn for the pictures!   Gld you re back!

Lisa, I am glad to see you too!  Checked your fb pictures earlier today and think they are lovely!  Dh2 and the plane is great!   I am wondering if all the walking you did might not keep your a1c down some!  That and driving!  Fingers crossed for you!

Puff, glad you are back too and with new friends within shouting distance!

E4e, did your mother enjoy the salon visit?  Tsk must be good with scissors!

Loriaha!  I see,  friend is good! , what is the decision on your grandmother?

Baz, you. Can come cook for me anytime!

Phyl,  amazing how you track the bbs.  The same for tsk and the monarchs!

Goodnight all!   Piper is all tuckered out after her outing!  The visit was a recheck and for a bordatela dose.i think that is spelled wrong.

kbshcb

« Reply #7421 on: July 25, 2023, 08:00:16 PM »

Clynn - what a heartwarming story of the Loose Ends people....brought a tear to my eye...very nice.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #7422 on: July 26, 2023, 12:55:19 AM »

Phyl, "algae?" be the cause of the pink water?  ???

Tsk, It was 101 here and 117 in Mesa. We're so glad to live here.... congratulations for the birth of the first White Tail Eaglet born in 240 years in England.

Clynn, I will always remember Ozzie and Harriet, love their benches. It's a perfect setting for them. Great pics of Erin/Sydney and kids. What fun time they're having.  :)... oh no, another story of a osprey nest on top of a pole. So glad they were able to rescue the chicks. I hope they can rebuild a nest closeby and release the chicks to be joined with parents.... {{{Decorah}}} thank you for posting Lisa's pic of our beautiful Decorah.  :-*... wonderful pic of Boulder ospreys. Thank you for posting about the Loose Ends volunteers, very heartwarming story.

Kb, sweet Graylag goose family... the yard looks lovely, cool and inviting inspite of the hot weather. Great job!  :-* ... great plant suggestions, I like tig's.

Tig, YIKES 74% humidity  :P Take care.

Karen, good going on your A1C ... I'm so glad you have Piper, you both are good for each other. :-*

Baz, shrimpmasalad and lobstermasalad YUM! I'm coming!  ;D .... Summer has been showing off a lot here this year!

Lisa, Fantastic photos! The Screech owl looks tiny... love the baby fawn.... I spent some time looking for a critter in the spooky tree pic.  ;D ... . love the Indigo Bunting. I did have one migrate through our area and stop at our feeder last October. It's gorgeous! ... and of course I love seeing how well Mr. Decorah is and looks.  :-*

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Baz, Eagle's mom and sister, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Tim and Tsk, Lori and her grandma Clute, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep's friend's family, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Baz, Eagle's Sister and Mom, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Misty and her kittens, Clynn's Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #7423 on: July 26, 2023, 05:44:27 AM »

Good Morning ...Happy Wednesday. We're almost there!

Currently 75F  feels like 77F,   H 96F  sunny, L 76F  clear.     AQI 72       

I was working on my morning post for today--twice---and twice I lost my replies. So, I'm not even gonna go
for a third.
Suffice to say many thanks for the nests update and info. And, the family photos and adventures. I do recall
several have had Docs appts. yesterday and it seems all went well. Very, very happy for you.  ;)

Yesterday was one of the early voting days in the Nashville Mayoral election. JIm and I spent most of the afternoon in line to cast our ballots at one of the branch libraries . Located in Shoppes at Hickory Hollowy community center  just off Belle Road.   

There's an interesting fact about this particular 'community center' .  It has an olympic size icerink that was built by  retired Olympic Gold Metalist and figure skater Scott Hamilton.
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #7424 on: July 26, 2023, 05:46:59 AM »

As I recall from reading last night.
Lisa-
Red Algae
59% got the anwser correct

Laguna de Torrevieja, Spain

"When we encounter bodies of water in nature, we naturally expect the usual hues of blue, ranging from the pale cyan shade of shallow sea shoals to the near-black navy blue of deep lakes. But, pink water? Where on earth could that be found? At (taking a deep breath) El Parque Natural de Las Lagunas de La Mata y Torrevieja in Alicante, Spain. The area holds two lakes: a traditional, green-coloured lake and the pink hued Torrevieja that commands our attention. The highly salinated water, which you can see naturally dotted with clusters of salt crystals, is the perfect place for the proliferation of microscopic algae that's rich in carotenes. This results in the rosy tinge that protects the algae from solar radiation. And the pink is just getting started, as the algae is eaten by tiny crustaceans, which turn pink, which in turn are eaten by flamingos, who acquire the rosy hue as well. "  ;)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 05:49:07 AM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan