Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1000934 times)

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #7380 on: July 24, 2023, 09:43:04 AM »

Puff - Sounds like a busy, fun, and exciting weekend you had! Thank you for sharing!

Lani - Yaaay! So happy for the lovely rain you had!!!

LisaG - Safe travels the rest of your way home (or maybe you have just gotten home)!  After you get settled back in at home, please tell us how Misty is doing - hopefully healing nicely.  Congrats that she is yours now. :-* :)  Of course can't wait to see more pics and hear more of your ATF trip!

Phyl - Love the BB pics!

Kb - Lol! That's one way to get what he wanted! ;D   Love the green turtle!

Tsk - Busy day for you - take care.

Clynn - Great to see you back! Glad you had a wonderful time at your Mom's and you sure were busy!!  Enjoy those yummy peaches  :)   Love the pics of Erin & family at the game!  How fun that the Munchkins had their first plane trip! ;D  I bet they look forward to being with you on Wednesday!  Glad that Honey was still there to greet you when you got home - hope she keeps eating & hangin in there.  Thanks for sharing the fb post 'Harriet' :-*

Tomorrow morning I am picking up Mom to drive into a nearby town (30 min.) where we will attend a celebration of life/funeral.    So, this afternoon, I am taking her to get a shampoo/haircut with the girl that I go to.  I hope she likes her, and I really think she will!

Everyone have a nice day  :)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #7381 on: July 24, 2023, 11:47:03 AM »

Royal Albatross 7/24
Hope you all had a good weekend. Here is Manaaki's latest #RoyalCam portrait video. He is looking fantastic.

Today, Manaaki also went further afield...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1683358499420647424

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Eagles, when it started raining it dropped 29 degrees in 15 minutes! A huge relief! I hope your mom enjoys her haircut too.  :)

Hi Clynn, Welcome home! ;D Glad you and Kelsey had a great visit, sounds like you were busy, lots of places to see and things to do! I bet she loved every minute! I'm sorry about Honey, bless her, glad to hear she's eating  :-* .... Erin and Sydney are having a great summer! Lots of wonderful memories for the munchkins. Love their family pic, they are so happy, love Talon's huge smile with his dad!  :-* ... Yum on the peaches!.... 8 different varieties of peaches are grown in Queen Creek, AZ. When we lived in Scottsdale a group of us from the neighborhood made their annual picking time in May. So good!  ;D ... oh my a beautiful bench in Harriet's honor.  :'(  I still can't believe she's gone.

Tsk, you have a busy day! I hope your physical goes well.... Your food drive is a great reminder for me to get going on ours.... prayers for your Scrabble friend.

Kb, Oh my, and the best actor award goes to!!! LOL!  ;D... Though, I think the dog getting nails clip is still the winner!  ;D

Phyl, sweet pic of BBs  :-* ... great New Yorker cover!

T40, Thank you for posting the obit and great photo of Jim Womeldorf. What a fantastic set up he had created to watch the Decorah family.

Bearstudy
Berries and Bears - UPDATE July 21, 2023

https://www.bearstudy.org/updates/daily-updates/4789-berries-and-bears-update-july-21-2023.html

Guy and Alvin  :-*

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #7382 on: July 24, 2023, 12:00:34 PM »

Goodness, where did Atlantic Puffin Duryea go?!

Duryea fledged last night!
Fledging is a bittersweet occasion. It marks the start of our beloved puffins leaving the island but it also marks the start of the first pelagic voyages for the juvenile puffins. They are no longer pufflings but now puffins, definitively. What a momentous and special transition!
posted by Audubon Celeste

Gwyyne posted 5 hours ago:
There's nothing from the EV cam, because it was on highlights, but here's a gif of the last time we saw him leaving the burrow...

Mom Millie and dad Willie keep checking their burrow nest.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #7383 on: July 24, 2023, 12:02:08 PM »

I must say the last 2 times I bought the Driscoll strawberries at Lunds grocery they have been fantastic!
Think most are grown in California....
Cantelope and grapes have been good too....all above have been surprisingly good..

Don't even think MN has their own corn harvested yet, so I am enjoying fruit and corn from other places to date....
When winter comes it's pretty awful up here in the tundra....resort mostly to frozen vegies...some is from out of country but not as good....

I walked Ollie myself early this am...Chris is really too sore and it's getting hot, hot, hot...
Watered and weeded ever since till just now....am in for the day.....me thinks the inside of my house might not look quite as good as the outside does.....LOL

I asked Andrew since he hasn't gotten a hold of me yet if we can have him tie up the arbors and other projects next week when it's cooler than this one, and in the morning pretty please..he might have help but still. Hope he appreciates it.

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #7384 on: July 24, 2023, 12:16:51 PM »

HAPPY DAY, BEAKERS!  :)

Clynn, welcome back! Glad it was a good trip. Love the pics of The Munchkins and Fam at the ManU v. Arsenal match! I watched part of it - sure I could've picked them out in the crowd, had I known.  ;D ;D  Maybe they can see part of the U.S. Women's Soccer team in their 2nd World Cup match, on TV this coming Wednesday night (8p, your time) - maybe see the start of it before their bedtime.

Lisa, Puff, welcome home. Thanks for reports!

Lisa, I say Bandit had considered Misty just a "short-timer" visitor, till now. He says that now she's "Official," she's "IN" - in The Club! Bet they even have a secret paw-shake, and need a "Club House" - for Members Only!  ;) :D :-* :-*  Congrats all around on Misty officially being part of your Forever Home now.  :-* :-*

Lani, glad Mike made it back okay, despite the glitches. Yay for an inch of rain at your house!!!

E4E, I bet your mom will like the lady who does your hair, too.

Phyl, great pics of all the hatches in the 3rd BB clutch.

TSK, you sure are scheduled up!  Seems like it would've been a good time for someone else to make that food pantry delivery this morning, instead of you... just this time. Maybe you and Barb can relax over a tasty lunch somewhere after the service.

Karen, glad the HH Closet Lady got all cleaned and in order.

T40, I don't remember that particular pic of Jim W. either, but I definitely remember his round "up periscope"  ;) ;D  pics of Decorah Mom and Dad and their newly built and discovered N2 nest, and their eaglets, that year of "no nest cam!"  It was so nice of him! Bob A. and all of RRP and their followers, were so thankful for him taking and sharing them with everyone.

Waving to All the Beakers!  :D

My niece and her son (Baby Bro) recently visited the newly renovated Bird House, at the National Zoo, in Washington, D.C.  This past spring, it re-opened after a MAJOR renovation. It's wonderful! It includes indoor and outdoor exhibits with loads of different kinds of birds - and 3 different, new aviaries, designed to give insight, and the feeling, of bird environments and migration. Entering the 1st aviary takes you to the Delaware Bay world, then the 2nd aviary takes you to the Midwest Wetlands, followed by the 3rd aviary, for the feel and look of South American coffee farmland, which is a songbird aviary. It's a very immersive experience for the visitors - getting splashed, including sounds and smells (wet dog, LOL). I can't wait to see it for myself.  The link to this article is a GREAT description of it! Worth the full read! - with pictures of each aviary and wonderful descriptions of them, and the whole renovated Bird House, interior and exterior exhibit areas. The article is from this past February, just before the March 2023 re-opening of the renovated Bird House:

https://dcist.com/story/23/02/22/renovated-bird-house-national-zoo-opens-next-month/

« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 02:09:44 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #7385 on: July 24, 2023, 12:42:03 PM »

Lani, I was composing and didn't see your most recent 2 posts till after I posted today.  Duryea! Awww...  :'( and  :-* :-* with extra  :-* :-* :-* for Willie and Millie - they are great parents! Safe travels for Duryea.  :-*  Also, I love that pic of Manaaki! and the update. Guy with AL-VINNN! always cracks me up... Thanks for the Bear Update. Ahhh, I can only imagine how wonderful that sudden drop in your temps must have felt!

Later, Gators!  :D

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #7386 on: July 24, 2023, 01:55:34 PM »

some bounce
We just settled in for the 3 hour movie. Legs.. I mean... fingers crossed, er, talons crossed. Lol. Picked the theater with recliners for my leg.
TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LisaG1967

« Reply #7387 on: July 24, 2023, 02:40:08 PM »

Hi Beakers.... 

I am home safe and sound, but had to run to the store...the kitties needed litter! 

Jeff bought everything else, but that!

Catch up with you all, when I catch up!  ;)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7388 on: July 24, 2023, 03:01:10 PM »

CLYNN  You are home!!!  Metropolis - superman statue?  Can't wait to hear what the kids thought of flying.  No thank you on 2 hours to get out of the stadium  LOL   Honey is sure holding her own.  Not ready to go yet Mom!  Your Mom is a real trouper putting on the extra 700 miles of driving  LOL   Wonder where they put the Harriet bench?

EAGLES   Getting Mom all pampered.  I'm sure she will love it.  My Mom never once had her hair done - but then again I haven't either  LOL

LANI  Beautiful pic of Manaaki  :o    Agree about the drama dog getting his nails clipped  LOLOL   Heartening update on big bear Guy  :-*  so long Duryea  :-*  Safe travels

BAZI   Baby Bro is getting so big!!   What a great place - Loved the humorous write up about it.  When an we meet there?  LOL

TIG   Never heard of that movie.

LISA  Glad you are home safe and tending to the official duties cat owners have... ;) ;)
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #7389 on: July 24, 2023, 06:02:01 PM »

TSK... Oppenheimer
We were headed to a restaurant in White Bear but lots of damage and power outages. Ouch.
Welcome home Clynn, Puff, Lisa
TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #7390 on: July 24, 2023, 06:28:12 PM »

When I finally get my dress in the mail...

CLynn- 'Welcome home! Glad it was a fun.safe journey. Luv the 'Harriet' bench. Was there indication where the bench is located?   Money well spent . :)
 What an awesome experience for  Talon/Bella. how exciting for them. Family photos are great!  Wednesday won't come soon enough!  Awww sweet Honey. Pls don't cry when you look at her---she's doing well enough. Like my Maggie---she ain't going nowhere. Just love her. ;).

E4E- I'm sure your mom will lov e the pampering and feel/look like a million

Lani- many thanks for the nests updates and bear study 'Guy' and 'Alvin'. And,  The Royal Royal Albatross; Congrats to Puffin Duryea  on fledging!    So, did  Gwyyne 'fledge' ?    Oh my.Peaches, cant get enough   ;)

Tsk- hope the Doc's went well. I'm over due---long over due.   :(    The movie 'Legs' 1983 made for TV film

KB- good news for juvie green sea turtle ;  well FNC had news that Lord Elon Musk has intentions to change the cute blue bird that is Twitter. ::) By gosh/golly if his lordness didn't do it today!  ::)  There' s the 'X' logo on the tweet you posted .

Driscoll strawberries  are what we get down here at Publix. LOL Jim will most anything for that fruit. Hope Andrew will be handy for you.
Say, many moons ago I asked you about your carpet cleaner brand and how you liked it. Well, I bought two Bissells. Their 'Little Green' for pet / human accident's  and use in the vehicle.  Love it btw.  Then I also bought their upright w/ a gallon capacity esp for pet owners. Not use it yet.  But, we will as carpet needs it.  Cant' thank you enough.  ;D

Bazi- tks, glad you enjoyed the BBs  . Amazing how clean/neat they keep their nests.  Often see Mom, Dad and mature offspring toting our shell rements and  as Jim calls them, 'shit' sacs.  All Jim does at the end of season is scrub the box out with diluted bleach and let it air dry. Bingl ready for anything BBs desire.  Tks for family photo

Tig-those movie theater recliners are the best.  Enjoy

Lisa- glad you're home safely and cat litter is all you had to deal with upon return.

Karen ?

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #7391 on: July 24, 2023, 06:36:35 PM »

Wishing everyone a 'Good  Evening' and SEDs .     

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

kbshcb

« Reply #7392 on: July 24, 2023, 08:14:50 PM »

Glad to hear everyone is safely at home!

Phyl - you are welcome...reminds me my extractor isn't working well on my Bissell...it's old now...and lots of dog hair removed over time. I think I remember taking it apart and fixing it before...I will have to pull out the manual and/or watch u tube vids to figure it out again come fall.

Well, watching tv with Chris and once he falls asleep I'm heading down too.
Shoulder is sore, unexpectedly so....?????? staining? mowing? watering...who knows...usually a winter snow shovel thingy.

Night all.

karengramke

« Reply #7393 on: July 24, 2023, 08:52:54 PM »

Phyllis, I am here!  Have read the beak and enjoyed the posts!  Glad all travelers are home safe! Baz, great avian section at the Natl zoo!  Thanks for sharing!  Clynn beautiful bench for Harriet!  Great pics of Erin and emporary! family,
Eagles, bet your Mom looks great!   Nice of you to make sure she shows her best side! 
Lani, rain sure does help to lower temps!   Has here but temporary
Tsk!  You are one busy woman!
Busy here today!   
VEt came to put a collar on Piper as she goes to the vet tomorrow!   Lots of calls, etc!
Seds

Lani

« Reply #7394 on: July 25, 2023, 12:57:49 AM »

Baz, Little Bro is getting so big, gorgeous red hair and what a serious look. Enjoyed reading about the Bird House, amazing place.

Tig, take care

Lisa, glad you are safely home and back to reality, picking up kitty litter.  ;D

SED Phyl, Kb, :)

karen, that's nice of the vet to help with Piper's collar.... the temperature difference between here and the valley is always amazing to me. Right now, it's 73 and in Mesa where Shannon lives it's 99, the highs here today was 99.

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Baz, Eagle's mom and sister, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Tim and Tsk, Lori and her grandma Clute, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep's friend's family, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Baz, Eagle's Sister and Mom, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Misty and her kittens, Clynn's Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.