Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1002555 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #7425 on: July 26, 2023, 06:37:52 AM »

Woot woot!....it feels like Christmas when I was a kid!

Storms came in around 12:30 last night....I watched my surveillance video cam and scrolled through till this morning just to listen to the rain hitting the roof and driveway!...still raining too.
Can't wait to go outside and check my rain gauge...first strong longer lasting storm all summer.....woot woot

Looks like a bumble bumble bee that Ollie man would bark at...

LisaG1967

« Reply #7426 on: July 26, 2023, 06:53:47 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

tsk - Thanks for article on white-tailed eagle.

E4E - I did get a nice welcome home from the kitties and Jeff.  :)

clynn - The Boulder kids look great!

Puff - Thanks for the answer on the pink lake.  I thought about you and tsk, as I was driving thru, and thinking...Oh my, you all have to drive in this mess!  ;D
Grandbaby is due Aug 2nd.  Kelly has a doctor appt today, so we will see what they say.

karen - Thanks for the kind words on the ATF pics.  All the walking I did, made the Fibromyalgia flare up, but I kept on smiling and walking, and pretending I was not in pain. 

Lani - Thank you!  The screech owl was tiny!  There was actually two of them that they released, but this one was the younger of the two.  The spooky pasture tree is where DH2 likes to eat on that curve in the branch.  We don't get to see it from this side on cam.  I thought it was pretty cool looking.  Oh, how cool you had an Indigo Bunting visit you!  It really was very pretty. 

Phyl - Sorry about losing you post!  Thanks for info on the lake.

kb - I bet you are doing to rain dance this morning...LOL

kbshcb

« Reply #7427 on: July 26, 2023, 06:58:44 AM »

https://youtu.be/z-SV1WUjjf8

Watch at your leisure. It's a 16 minute long video of darn cute cheetah's being born at a conservation center and the luck they have had. In Namibia...the story first of Milania and older mother who finally delivers 5 cubs, losing one..and then 2 other mother's also giving birth...over some time a total of 90 cubs have been born at this center....

You betcha Lisa...still raining lightly here...dew point is at 68 and heading up to mid 90's again today.
Doubtful I'll take that morning walk with Ollie today...
Cooler next week...80's.

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #7428 on: July 26, 2023, 07:09:56 AM »

Good Morning Beakers! 

kb, thank the Lord, you got rain!

Phyl, happy to say no 100 degrees today, it's changed to 98 for the high! Sorry your posts poofed, we all know that pain... :-\  An ice skating rink! I remember going ice skating when I was in Jr. High in AZ, to me it was as easy as roller skating. Then when I tried it years later as an adult I could barely stand up! The mall near Iowa City has an ice skating rink in it, or at least it used to have one. Haven't been there in years!

Lani, I will try and find out what happens with the osprey chicks that were rescued from the fire.

Lisa, my sister Becky used to live in Chicago, I just couldn't do that traffic either! And she lived in the thick of it... But then, you have that bridge.... ::) ::)  And then there are the hilly winding roads you find out in the boondocks, like the ones in southern Illinois that I drove last week!

Sydney Sea Eagle Cam - Se McGregor  · 26th July 2:18pm   We officially have a pip/hole.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 07:19:27 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7429 on: July 26, 2023, 07:46:34 AM »

78 heading to 95!  Dew point 73  Supposed rain in a couple hours.

CLYNN  Awesome shot at the Boulder Osprey nest.  What an amazing mission these crafters have.  My Mom had so many unfinished projects.  We ended up giving them to a craft shop in town.  Hope from there they went to those who knew how to finish.

KAREN    LOLOL  " tell the kids to stop smoking in bed"  LOLOL     I'm so glad you were able to have another dog.  They bring life to a day!

PHYL  New Yorker cover  ::)  Is the  Olympic size rink used these days to train at the community center?  Milwaukee has an Olympic training center rink.

KB  Amen to your rain!!!  Saw that 5 baby delivery yesterday.   Can you imagine how shocked those caretakers were ? LOL

CLYNN  Ziploc bags  LOL  I must admit I do wash and reuse!
Chicagoland

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #7430 on: July 26, 2023, 09:51:07 AM »

Tsk - Thank you for your reply. :)  One more little tidbit, a few months after the pandemic hit, my hairdresser's Dad (he works in construction), built her a little 'shop' in a portion of their garage.  He made it really nice and it is private w/nice ambiance and music playing low (if you want it).

Clynn - Like the Boulder Osprey pic!  Wonderful volunteers doing a beautiful thing in finishing those unfinished projects.

Puff -  Although I'm sure the ATF was exciting, I bet it is nice to have gotten settled in back at home! :)

Karen - Glad it was a good visit for Piper at the vet's. :)

Lani - Cute night pic.  Glad you are staying a little bit cooler than other parts in AZ.

Phyl - Sorry for losing your posts - frustration! ::)   Cute gif this morning!

Kb - Yaaaay! Rain!!! ;D    Funny how Ollie barks at the bees in order to protect you! ;D

LisaG - Such a happy time in anticipation for a new addition in the family!! I am so excited for all of you!! ;D

Clynn - Have a fun day with the Munchkins today!! ;D

Everyone have a nice day  :)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #7431 on: July 26, 2023, 10:32:16 AM »

Royal Albatross - 7/25 Weigh day.. My how he has grown into a big boy! Especially when he's in the ranger's arms.  :o ;D
Manaaki is 186 days old and weighs 9 kg.
Although this weight is below the average weight for a male of this age Manaaki has spent a lot of time well above average.

📝Banding day.
This Friday July 28th, the DOC Rangers will band all 33 chicks in the colony.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1683818715245346816

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #7432 on: July 26, 2023, 10:52:24 AM »

I rarely post pics or comment about my Hawaiian family and with my sister's approval I want to share our great news!

This is my great nephew Peyton. He is my sister's first grandson and son of my oldest nephew Pierce.
Not only is he a great little league baseball player, he discovered a love of long distance running when he and his dad did their first family race competition together in December 2022.
Since then Peyton got the bug and has been competing in island races and training at Schofield Barracks.  He received word two weeks ago his win qualified him to run in the 2023 USATF National Junior Olympic Track & Field Championships, Monday, July 24, to Sunday, July 30. The historic Hayward Field at the University of Oregon in Eugene will be the venue for this prestigious event.
We're so excited! My sister Debbie, her hubby and family will be there to watch and cheer him on!! Aly is hoping to see them this weekend for one of his events.

Peyton and his dad (my great nephew and nephew, I'm a proud auntie  :-* )

December 2022 - Ran their first 10K marathon together and came out with good times! #honolulumarathon #starttopark10k
Peyton:
6.2 miles in 47:25
3rd place out of 181
(14 years and younger division)
Pierce:
6.2 miles in 52:00
18th place out of 194
(Ages 35-39 division)

« Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 11:05:38 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #7433 on: July 26, 2023, 11:58:49 AM »

Ugh........I just had a post all ready to go and I hit the close button!   ::)

Here is a link to my ATF pics.  https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10231574599653978&set=pcb.10231574895821382

Clynn - Thanks for the kind words on my pics.  I am hoping the rest of the Beakers can see them, as I made the post PUBLIC, so you should not need a FB to view it.
Oh my....I hope they rescued the osprey and her chicks!  Thanks for the SWFL info and pics. 

baz - Your lunch and dinner salads sound yummy!

kb - Awww, Ollie man protecting you.  Pic of yard looks nice. 

karen - I am excited, and also JEALOUS of your A1C!  Nice of the vet to come over and help with the collar.

tsk - I don't think that doc will be calling you about that A1C either....so JEALOUS!  ;D

Phyl - I am being lazy, as I am still catching up.  What was the answer to the Pink lake?

Lisa, thank you for sharing all your wonderful pics from ATF this year!  :D :-*  I don't have a FB account, or use FB, but I had no trouble viewing all of your pics from the link you posted. Thanks, again, for making them public to shaer with all!  :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #7434 on: July 26, 2023, 12:08:08 PM »

Rescuing a species!

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-hampshire-66245010?at_link_type=web_link&at_link_origin=BBC_Money&at_medium=social&at_bbc_team=editorial&at_format=link&at_ptr_name=facebook_page&at_link_id=A9828376-265F-11EE-B525-8A91AD7C7D13&at_campaign_type=owned&at_campaign=Social_Flow&fbclid=IwAR0YeEu26P9HCd5DsbLyZugsdfx1znWbgsB-dIqQfj_xgcUkUWbLkqSX4Eg

BAZI   Binging on fish today I see...Very healthy. ;D

CLYNN     Yes I remember that SWFL area when I was there several years ago.  Anyone who was watching the cam at the time - we waved!!   Sure hope those osprey babies - thanks to the rescuers - can be returned to parents and hope that nest is livable.

LISA    Maybe yours won't be as bad as you think....

TSK, great story on the re-introduction, and successful nesting and hatching, of the White-tailed Eagle in England! Thanks for the story!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #7435 on: July 26, 2023, 12:13:17 PM »

Boulder County Fairgrounds Osprey Cam - Jenny Johnson - Portrait of the siblings from this evening 💛

A group of volunteer knitters, quilters and other crafters are offering closure for those with unfinished items.  https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2023/07/25/1189872837/when-illness-or-death-leave-craft-projects-unfinished-these-strangers-step-in-to?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_term=nprnews&utm_campaign=npr&utm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR2iNEF_wNMD-_IwStBi4LwMX6dQk_bWMYfZFzV2A1S12NZPgXgwTPYmFnQ

Clynn, love that photo of the Osprey siblings at the Denver County Fairgrounds Osprey Nest!  :-* :-*  And, WOW!! what a great idea that group has to finish craft projects left behind after the deaths of loved ones. Very special!

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #7436 on: July 26, 2023, 12:15:01 PM »

some bounce

Lani - congrats!!!!!
Baz - ditto on Lisa pics
KB - I hope we got about an inch between Friday, Mon, Tue.

My Y is going thru a major repair project... new roof, etc. Good time for me to be healing, I guess. But I really miss the pool.

TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7437 on: July 26, 2023, 12:25:19 PM »

EAGLES  Pretty cool.  Her own private beauty salon.  ;D

LANI  Manaaki is one big boy - Hardly able to fit in the weighing basket  LOL  He is huge - kind of like seeing an eagle held for the first time.
I got chills with that amazing Peyton story you shared.  So now we see the reason why Aly is in Oregon!!!  LOL  How wonderful that your sister will be able to attend as well.  I am so excited for your family and wish Peyton the best.  I know you will keep us posted.

We had some crazy thunder and lightening storms go through ( had been warmed but we didn't get the winds that some had) and I was just getting to my car from a dental appt when drops started.  Possible hail was included in the warning so aborted my next stop at Walgreens and opted for the underground parking at the grocery while it poured and I had no risk of more hail damage to my car and got my shopping done in the meanwhile.  On target for some more rain this afternoon.   LOLOL
Chicagoland

baziunc

« Reply #7438 on: July 26, 2023, 12:44:59 PM »

TSK, glad you avoided that storm. I saw it approaching your area, and about the possible severe stuff, while watching The Weather Channel this morning.

Lani!  I LOVE that pic of Peyton and his dad, Pierce, at their race last December - great times for both of them - and what a great pic and backdrop of Peyton on a training run (I presume) too! How exciting for Peyton's qualifying for the 2023 USATF National Junior Olympic Track & Field Championships this week in Eugene!! Major accomplishment!! Good luck to him to run his expected times!  Good-looking family!  ;) That's great that Aly will be able to catch them at one of Peyton's races this weekend, too! Wow, all the way from HI! I hope they are going to come visit you and Mike in AZ before their return to HI - or maybe you and Mike can get to Eugene before they leave!

oldguy

« Reply #7439 on: July 26, 2023, 01:05:59 PM »

Hello Beakers

We only got a sprinkle this morning - less than .01 inch. - got my lawn mowed at 8am in 80 degrees.  Heading for 98 today and 99 tomorrow and back to 98 for Friday.  Next chance of rain is Friday night.  Congrats KB - the reporting staion 3 blocks west of you reported .86 inches this morning... ;D

Sat night cards started with a trip by the group to our favorite Mexican restr. - first game my team lost big - about 2500 pts for us and over the 10k win point for the other team in only 2 hands.  We won the next 2  ;D

A few videos to list...

KB - maybe with a little training, Ollie could do this... ;) :D
Monkey the Ninja Warrior dog!   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoUcYKfA6DY

Woman Was Shocked To See What Her Adopted Kitten Had Turned Into   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTlZ7rCx20U

Inky the Chickadee Gets an Early Morning Wake-Up Call From Philbert   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYAPIZ7M-zY
Black-capped Chickadee Brings His Mate Breakfast at The Nest Box   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qs8cdTcqtZs

First Time Cat Trap, How'd I Do? (ENG SUB)   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjZrm-GzSxQ

Is Maru really in the same box?   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuFqnnNPzUg
The red hat suits Maru very well 2   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXOvQrlfuSo

The volcano in Iceland has slowed some more in volume, but keeps closing the outflow paths, so lava is up to the rim...  Due to dangerous gases crossing the hiking trails, the trails have not been open everyday.
Some short clips from Iceland...
Lava exits volcano through multiple tunnels   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6STJV77246A
North wall collapse, dust devils   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc454VGP4m0

From AGT -
82nd Airborne Chorus   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3fDQFZA8c8

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah