Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 07:43:26 AM 
Started by calhound - Last post by johoward
5:24 Did good today.
Had a good rib dinner with Debbie and her ex John yesterday.  Talked about a lot of interesting things.  John is a good talker, and a good doer too.  I worry about them, because they both still smoke. John has been a heating and air man for many years.  He told of the many adventures he has had on roof tops and in crawl spaces.  I have often wondered about how these men can do what they do.  For example picture being on the roof of a tall building tuning up an old air conditioning unit.  Suddenly you realize that you had too much coffee while waiting for the parts to arrive.  What do you do?
I did not see Karen yesterday.  She was away with her daughter.  We did talk a little last night.  I called her on my way home from Debbie's.  We talked for about an hour.
I did watch a lot of TV throughout the day. Even after midnight often coming back to "The Band Of Brothers" marathon about Easy Company paratroopers in World War II.  They were the first unit to come into Hitler's Eagles Nest retreat.  Very well done movie.  Shocking images.
Well ,I will say so long for a while and GBU EV1.

on: Today at 07:03:11 AM 
Started by Lani - Last post by Phyl
CLynn the practice has adopted/hired a 'lead veterinarian' . I always ask for Dr  Steele maybe she wasn't available .   I'll call Publix Pharma and check if
the request was processed--If not---arghhh---I'll have to call Southside ^&%#@   . There's another 'thing' ---in Tenn a vet can have the State take your pet
right out of your arms if, they (vet) deems you're a threat to your pet's life and aren't properly caring for them. Can you just imagine?!
On the rabies vax it's state law regardless all 'animals must have rabies-no exceptions. I've done research and most states allow for exceptions ie age and health issues.

Jim has allowed the volunteer tree issue to get out of hand---with under growth around the willow---It does look like a 'forest'. Plus  the company that mows the retention pond will not mow the back side of the willow and that of  the volunteer trees which is responsibility of the HOA/development owner.  So they've let it grow up and we don't have the equip to clear it. Nor does Jim have the desire to fight it.
Frustrating for me as  I prefer a more manicured appearance to my grounds. So I've told Jim. I'm hiring a company to remove them by up rooting  or at least cut the others down leaving just a small amount of stump that we can manage. The undergrowth they can just dig up too.

Originally, all we had was the willow  that's now in the center of the mess.  The willow is 22yrs old and pretty by itself--- esp. when it was all clean and clear around it.
As I said the wild birds favor the willow.  The Ribbon elm are to the left and the red bud to the right. Now obscured by the willow.
I did my best to get Jim to move the red bud when it was a 'sapling' and move it next to the deck so when it grew and took shaped it would make a
pretty  bit of privacy. But no go.

Hi Tsk The issue w/Maggie is she's not gotten her Rabies vax and the lead vet has screwed up on her wellness and wants me to make a special appt
due to her mistake and thus an extra office visit of $100 on top of all the other.  I know full well what I'll have to do---cave. I hope Maggie is healthy
enough for the Rabies---

on: Today at 06:42:12 AM 
Started by Phyl - Last post by LBLNJ0668
Good morning, thanks for the prayers   I am just numbe  I just spoke with him now and he is now coughing up blood  I hoe they start treatment soon   

on: Today at 06:39:51 AM 
Started by Lani - Last post by tsk34

LANI   Very sad backstory to that Eric Clapton song.  :'(

PHYL   Hope you can get it all straightened out with Maggie's meds and your own health care appts.  Interesting about  the H5 N1 so far, manifested in the eye.  :o  Quiet solitude on the Flyway this AM

CLYNN   I know for humans, scrips can't be renewed unless you're seen by doc if it's been a year.  I can understand that.  But didn't realize cat food prescriptions came under that same umbrella.  How cute is that stroller.  When outside are they harnessed in?  Missing man formation always gets me teary...  Devil's slide - amazing.  Another something new to my eyes.

on: Today at 06:21:34 AM 
Great Spirit Bluff Falcons - Cliff View
May 28, 2024 6:17 AM
Camera Time: May 28, 2024 6:17 AM CDT
Birchwoman

Newman...are y ou calling for U09?  :-*

on: Today at 06:19:03 AM 
Started by Lani - Last post by clynndunn
Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, interesting lithium article, good and bad. Hope they can figure it out! Did your red bud tree flower? I think they are pretty trees! I love trees and would have a forest in my yard if I could! Even love the pines that drip sap on me! Gorgeous picture of the North nest and the area around it! Why did this new vet get Maggie's care? Is your regular one retiring? I do not understand how vets can deny prescriptions to pets. Our old one wouldn't approve Harley's prescription food because he hadn't had his yearly check up. So I switched to a new vet when we got the kittens. Speaking of Sam & Sophie:

Lani, thanks for posting our Beakers that we miss. It's nice to see it at the end of the day, a reminder that we haven't forgotten them. Ed and I will have our ashes buried at the Veteran's Cemetery in Adel, Iowa.\ so we won't be far from you and Mike! Although we are both from Illinois and most of our families are there, Erin and Kelsey will always be Iowans since they were both so young when we moved here in 1996. I know you loved your time in Kansas, I can tell by the way you talk about it...

tsk, we had two or three quick downpours yesterday, the sun popped out right after the rain stopped. A bit of thunder too! No rain i the forecast today, maybe the mud will get to dry out! We have no grass on one side of the house, it's very shady and we have put gravel in but it needs more! And in front of the little shed, muddy.

Lisa, glad to hear that you are getting some rest. I am sure you still have a lot to deal with! Thinking about you a lot...

karen, you have little finches again! They love that spot on your porch! Do they use the same nest or do they rebuild it every year? I have notices that Robins use the same nest for one season of 2 or 3 clutches, but they build new the next year.

kb, glad you got to see the Missing Man Formation. I found a short video of the Blue Angels performing it"  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFvDMTJCiDQ

Not far from the border between Utah and Wyoming is a compelling natural landmark: Devil’s Slide

on: Today at 06:13:57 AM 
Decorah North Eagles
May 28, 2024 6:09 AM
Camera Time: May 28, 2024 6:09 AM CDT
Birchwoman

DN17 and 18.
Chat says there was an owl strike, about 4:14 am,  that almost hit Mom. But, all is well.  ;) :-*

on: Today at 06:09:38 AM 
Started by shep - Last post by shep
WOODMAN
2024 We have a pair, maybe new male
4 eggs

No hatch at Woodman in 2023
2022 Woodman female died, eggs collected.

N Omaha
2023 hatched but died
2024 hatched but died

on: Today at 06:09:21 AM 
A misty 'Good Morning' from Mississippi River Flyway Cam
May 28, 2024 6:07 AM
Camera Time: May 28, 2024 6:07 AM CDT
Birchwoman

on: Today at 06:07:11 AM 
You may have heard about t his--- however, to my knowledge not a word from mainstream media.

H5N1 bird flu has spread to human from cow in 2nd probable case, CDC reports

https://www.livescience.com/health/flu/h5n1-bird-flu-has-spread-to-human-from-cow-in-2nd-probable-case-cdc-reports?utm_term=C190B63E-87C3-4395-B655-61057A13DDD2&lrh=85d7c3d5cd473d225368af62a6ed9988991e13ae1f632526d69b30725b7979c7&utm_campaign=368B3745-DDE0-4A69-A2E8-62503D85375D&utm_medium=email&utm_content=8B2C5966-E067-458C-8634-EA77B16CF774&utm_source=SmartBrief

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10