Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 05:32:27 PM 
Started by Lani - Last post by Puff
Puff
Camper got his "boatman badge" for taking the pontoon out all by himself and then he got his " Scrabble badge" for finally beating me after  23 yrs. Lol
He caught a couple of nice sized perch today and I caught a small bass. We gave those to the neighbor and he gave me a few more cleaned, frozen bass.  8)
We packed up the fishing gear...ready to go up the steps to the car later. Going to dinner at a restaurant that sits between two parts of Lake Iguadona tonight. They are said to have good pizza.
BBL

One challenging/competing with the other keeps this interesting tig.  LOL 

P

on: Today at 05:28:48 PM 
Started by Lani - Last post by Puff
Diabetes talk reminds me of a tale with my namesake Puff.  At about 4 or 5 the vet diagnosed him as diabetic.  At that point it was required that he have an insulin shot twice a day.  Vet said we should come in and he would show us the procedure.  After the demo I went first.  Then it was Ton's turn. . .No, no said Ton, I'm not giving any shots!  Well, the vet firmly said either Puff would have to have shots - or he would give Puff one more shot and put him to sleep then and there.  Result was we both had duty to make sure Puff got his insulin.  As I think bank, the other story to mention - I'm not sure it was the darkness outside -or- if he just got a funny feeling, but when it was time, maybe a bit late, Puff would come up to one of us and lay the paw on our lap.  It's time!  Original prognosis was that he would live to about 8  years.  He lived to be 16. 

Puff the beast was my darling - still tears me up.

P   

on: Today at 05:27:22 PM 
Started by calhound - Last post by calihoula
hi joho what kind of battery did you get? good price on your campbell soup yes 1.70 way too high seems like everything is high and people got to eat something got to feed their pets cats have to use a box need litter raccoonies need dog fud little debbie cakes pies cookies indy needs that too jim bought a tractor money from his dad condo he already had the one old one but really we only got 40 acres and some of it has house jim shop my barn two ponds woods run thru behind hay field and only got indy our front of house is about three acres i could see a new zero turn lawnmower lots of mowing around here front dogs yard indys pasture susie place but his money i used some of my dads money long ago for my barn and suv smokie rest in cd still in a cd

on: Today at 05:21:50 PM 
Started by Lani - Last post by camperstig
Bahama mama... I mean... Bounce

I forgot to mention that just when Camper was catching the fish this morning, a nice bald eagle overflew us

on: Today at 04:56:05 PM 
Started by calhound - Last post by johoward
It's 57 in Dublin and 72 here near Cleveland. I did some shopping and got my battery home.  65 bucks for the battery and only 39 bucks for food.  Got 10 cans of Campbells noodle soup for $1.oo each.  Guy says you like this soup.  I said yes, but only at this price.  Not at $1.70.  Got three pints of blueberries for $7.  Seemed like a good price.  The berries are good.
Well I spent some time watching the bear cams.  No bears.  Some weeds were being pulled and some were being wacked too, but no bears.  I will keep trying.

on: Today at 04:50:09 PM 
Started by shep - Last post by Nora in IA
They do enjoy eating  ;)  I just love the little guy...

on: Today at 04:40:44 PM 
Started by shep - Last post by Nora in IA
It DOES seem like they just hatched, but maybe because the different places seemed more spread out on when they hatched.

Look at those wings!

They're so darned cute...

The one on the left is picking at old bones/leftovers...

on: Today at 04:30:01 PM 
Started by Lani - Last post by LisaG1967
tsk - It is very easy to do.  My insulin is a pen, turn the knob to the dosage you need every night, put a new needle on the end each nite and give the shot.  The pen lasts for 28 days, after you take it out the fridge. 

Phyl - You're welcome.   :)

tig - Enjoy your night out, and good job Camper on the "boatman badge".

on: Today at 04:26:27 PM 
Started by Nora in IA - Last post by Nora in IA
About 1545 mom was on the roof of the nest box waiting for dad to bring a meal...

That little one decided to get all ready for dinner and backed up and did a PS....

Dad came in with a bird and mom immediately grabbed it and left with it.  She came back shortly and fed everyone...

on: Today at 04:03:34 PM 
Started by calhound - Last post by calihoula
paulie i wanted to tell you about time i got bunch of little blueberry pies like one serving off walmarts day old bakery rack only .25 cents i froze them got all they had my raccoonie she ran up to me pulling on my jean leg holding out her little hands i gave her that whole little pie she took it and hugged it ran up on those square bales started eating it i cried my eyes out told her i will feed you guys always treats dog food cookies forever oh i was reading little town over paper they have a section says happened 70 years ago so it said this man was getting in this mom cow and her kid in the barn corral and he pushed that kid kid cried fell down which pi**ed me off and pi**ed off mom cow she knocked him down trample him his dog heard ran over mom cow switched her attention to dog that stupid man able to crawl out everyone was okay hope he learned a lesson and little paper no obits no one died last week  :)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10