Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 483758 times)

oldguy

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #12330 on: December 18, 2023, 06:56:10 PM »

« Last Edit: December 18, 2023, 07:15:38 PM by oldguy »
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #12331 on: December 19, 2023, 12:00:33 AM »

Phyl, Thanks for RRP highlights on the goslings.... Winter Walk  :) ... Congratulations on the Nasa Passport.

Clynn, thanks for the biscuit recipe.... I bet the kittens are adorable in Erin's video....  fun pics of munchkins enjoying Christmas... I bet Talon will love the Science kit. What's in the big box? ;D ... what are Squishmallows? They look adorable. I saw a large jar of those in the dentist office.  ;D... I love TCM Remembers..

Tsk, It doesn't seem like Lulu has been with you almost a year. Well, she's a quiet observer.  ;D... "Finally what the letters stand for in the Albatross names" me too!  ;D

Kb, sweet horse.... brrrr, you, Chris and Ollie keep warm.... awww {{{Rutt}}} I wish he'd find a friend.

Lisa, glad you made it over the bridge... your home must have smelled delicious with all the wonderful goodies Jeff was busy baking.  ;D .. Jeff we need pics!

BL, glad to hear you and Pip are safe. In one of your links, it looks like rough fast moving waters.

Tig Beautiful tree, I love the lights... fun Pooh Collection  :-* ... YAY {{{Rosie}}} is coming.  :-*

Baz, love the sweater on the T-Rex ... Mike returns Thursday, and will get his shot on Friday... Aly's going with him and drive him home... Shannon will come for Christmas Day dinner. Aly went to work in her Payson Community office and visited with her clients in person.. Lots of hugs and a good day for her. And Dewey settled back into his regular routine with grandma  ;D.... Looks like some rain is coming our way from the west coast.... may turn into snow Christmas Eve. Are you going to visit family for Christmas. We've got some great football bowl games to look forward to this weekend.

Eagles, Dentist gave me a star!  ;D... You've got some serious rain clouds coming towards CA... I hope the rain won't affect your Christmas plans.

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Phyl and Jim, Karen and Piper, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Eagle's mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Lori and her grandma Clute, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Siamese mother and kittens, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #12332 on: December 19, 2023, 03:43:20 AM »

Stayed up late wrapping Christmas gifts...might as well post for Tuesday  while I'm here.

Good Morning Everyone...Happy Tuesday ! 

Currently 24F   High  41F sunny,  Low 23F

Lani  the congrats comes from being selected to add my name to NASA's Message in a Bottle and the honor of having my hyphenated name etched on one on the 100's of thousands of microchips that make up the Europa Clipper.  I knew one way or the other I'd get in to Outer Space and beyond---even if in name only.   LOL

BL/KB thanks for update on {{{Rutt}}}

OldGuy dramatic footage from CNN, great live report from Silki and all. Sure hope this doesn't get any worse that that it was in footage

Prayers for:   Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; Linda and Ian, My  Alter prayer list
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2023, 03:44:56 AM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #12333 on: December 19, 2023, 03:45:12 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

December 18, 2023: News and NestFlix from Decorah and Decorah North!

December 18, 2023  RaptorResource

https://www.raptorresource.org/2023/12/18/december-18-2023-news-and-nestflix-from-decorah-and-decorah-north/

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #12334 on: December 19, 2023, 06:29:54 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, thanks for Amy's Blog, glad to hear that the Hatchery couple have been visiting N1!  We can hope! Those are very fancy stockings! How cool to have your name in Outer Space! Love the Christmas Gazebo you posted last night!

Lani, the big box is an air hockey game, they love it! Squishmallows are all the craze for little girls! They are stuffed and oh so soft critters, they have been around for at least a couple of years but are getting more popular! Here is a video, enjoy!  https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/relatedvideo?&q=Squishmallows+Channel&&mid=8239634BCCA8834E34028239634BCCA8834E3402&&FORM=VRDGAR   So glad Mike can get his shot Friday, and that Aly will take him! I bet Aly's Payson patients were happy to see her! Looks like we have days of rain coming too! Thank you for the wonderful update on the Albys!

BL, Kopje is a very happy dog! Never a dull moment living with you and Pip! You live in a very beautiful and historic area, love the videos! the flooding looks treacherous!   https://abc7ny.com/new-jersey-passaic-river-crest-flooding/14200980/

oldguy, oh no, that volcano in Iceland looks very wicked!

E4E, animals have great instincts! Every morning when I get up and walk down the stairs there is Harley sitting at the doorway to the kitchen to greet me. He must hear me because he is always there! Then he sits on the table and watches me make coffee, patiently waiting for his breakfast to be served, then a few treats!  Love Pigpen and his snowman! I always loved the way the dirt cloud followed him around!

baz, I had to laugh at the picture of T-Rex with his Christmas sweater! The tiny short sleeves for his tiny arms! LOLOL!  I asked my sister what happened to Ken's head after she got the package. Of course the whole thing cracked her up, and Ken was the only man around and so 'off with his head'! She didn't really remember how his head was removed but we all had a good laugh about it!

Christmas 100 years ago!                                                                    Puglia, Italy

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #12335 on: December 19, 2023, 06:49:49 AM »

GOOD MORNING

17 degrees - wind chill single digits  BRRR  Back to 40s by weekend

OLDGUY  At least all those 3,000 folks are safe and had a chance to take their belongings.  Mother Nature always has her way.  :(

LANI   A star from the dentist  ;D  What's on the menu for Xmas dinner - You will have lots of help.  :D  Wonderful for Aly to have a reunion with patients and staff.

CLYNN  100 yrs ago - Wonder how they got that huge tree in the house?  I have some old "clip on" ornaments that are real candles which I think would actually be lit on a live tree  :o :o

PHYL   Thanks for Amy's blog - RTH  cool.

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY OMASAWYER

Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #12336 on: December 19, 2023, 06:52:46 AM »

Big tree for inside a house?   :o

Only to be outdone by way too much snow for such a small pathway.

Puter here says 18 - really!?  Makes for a cool morning.

P

Went back to check tsk.  I stand corrected -- update now says 12.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2023, 06:55:59 AM by Puff »

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #12337 on: December 19, 2023, 07:15:52 AM »

This is the BEST lemon blueberry cake out there. Between the fluffy moist lemon cake, the sweet blueberries, lemon curd, and the lemony mascarpone whipped cream frosting this cake is pretty hard to beat.

https://beyondfrosting.com/blueberry-lemon-mascarpone-cake/
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #12338 on: December 19, 2023, 07:29:24 AM »

Good Morning!  I am off to the pain clinic for injections finally!!!  Be back soon. Miss you all!

Peppermint White-Chocolate-Cheesecake-Bars!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2023, 07:37:57 AM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

karengramke

« Reply #12339 on: December 19, 2023, 08:31:53 AM »

Good morning Beakers!   Busy day yesterday here and on the Beak!   Love the posts and glad to see Lisa, Baz and BL made it thru the storm in fine fettle!  🤑 Bl and Pip!
Lisa, Jeff is definitely a keeper as tgey say!  Cooks and takes care of the kitties, etc!  You seem to make a great pair!  Not a fruit cake lover but I will take some of tge rest!   My father used to make me take s piece of fruit cake so I would eat the cake part and pick out the fruit!  A friend of mine made a cake to substitute for fruit cake caked would you believe sausage cake!  Made a large heavy moist cake with a pound of pork sausage, a cup of hot coffee,  and spices and more.  My great Aunt in Tn used to make Mince meat pie with Hard sauce!   My first taste as a young child brought forth a loud laugh and “there’s swiskey, in here!”    Y reaction was based on the fact that I knew the southern relatives did not drink.  My mother and aunt neglected to tell me they cooked with it!   Remember the pie and the delicious taste to this day!  Hard sauce is a mix of butter, sugar and, I think brandy!  Served cold, hence hard on two counts, liquor and cold!

Clynn, fun and festive Christmas at your house! You can now rest up and get ready for a trip to Moms and a second celebration!   Over the hills and through the woods as the song goes!  (Now via interstate s, lol)
Thanks for all the charming morning vignettes!  The same for all of you who post  cheerful scenes and cute puppies and kitties!
Phyl, looks like you will be, out of this world!
Lani, I had two Shih Tzus, charlie and Chu Can and we visitrd a friend on weekends who had one, LaFu who loved my teo!  They played together  all weekend.   One time  we visited and La Fu didn’t know we were coming and he got so excited when he saw’s us that he actually levitated!  So much fun, so I can appreciate 
Dewey and Sadies reaction and love for each other!    Good for Aly, life is settled in as it should be!  Good for Mike.  Some times it takes two shots to work really well!  I should have received another last time but I hate them!
36 degrees this am but a brighrt sunny day!  Same yesterday.  Think all the water  has soaked in or u
Run off  so no more swimming for Piper!   Rain  expected for Christmas.
Waving at you Lori and enjoying s piece of blueberry  lemon cake and a cuppa!  Thanks

kbshcb

« Reply #12340 on: December 19, 2023, 08:33:24 AM »

short eared owl Mom and owlets

that tree looks familiar to me...a giant one in Grandma and Grandpas farm house..

Our sunrise these days is very low on the sunrise horizon.

A phone pic doesn't do it justice from my upper back deck of the cloud bank..Sunny now

Morning all.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2023, 08:36:00 AM by kbshcb »

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #12341 on: December 19, 2023, 08:57:15 AM »

Happy Birthday Omasawyer!

karengramke

« Reply #12342 on: December 19, 2023, 09:02:41 AM »

Happy Birthday Oma! All stop in and enjoy a cuppa!

LisaG1967

« Reply #12343 on: December 19, 2023, 09:18:17 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

BL - I am glad it wasn't that cold here, too!   ;D your comment to kb about Rutt!!

tig - The tree looks great.  Aww, think happy memories of Zeus with your Rosie visit.  :-*

baz - Jeff would be happy to share his cookies with you.   :D

E4E - I have to admit, the house did smell good.  I was happy to be a taste-tester.  ;D

tsk & Lani - The fruitcake one is really good.  Jeff used rum in it. I forgot to take a pic of the choc chip. Pic in order.... peanut butter, oatmeal scotchies and the fruitcake.

Phyl - Hilarious....if you're wearing a Christmas hat! Thanks for the RRP post.  Love the Christmas stockings.

clynn - The munchkins look like they are really enjoying their gift!

oldguy - Wow, thanks for the video.

Puff - Morning  :)

Lori
- Good luck with your injections.

karen - That is sweet to say about Jeff.

Happy Birthday, Oma!

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #12344 on: December 19, 2023, 10:23:26 AM »

bounce
Went to the deputy registrar to get our car tabs and confirmed I just needed to attach the lien release card from the credit union to the title, which I did.

Oma.... I ate your cake.   And the bars too.  Thanks Lori !  LOL  Happy Bird Day Oma

TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)