Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 578673 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #12345 on: December 19, 2023, 10:48:25 AM »

Happy birthday Oma! Many warm wishes today and always!

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #12346 on: December 19, 2023, 10:54:26 AM »

Sexy Rutt!....here's looking at you!

8 miles east of Frazee MN...and north of Perham.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #12347 on: December 19, 2023, 11:28:10 AM »

camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #12348 on: December 19, 2023, 11:37:21 AM »

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Tsk, Aly is working till 8pm tonight, Weds and Thursday too, but not so late on those days.... Turkey and ham for Christmas dinner. Mike always wants a turkey on these special days. brrr, be warm and safe.

Lisa, Gorgeous cookies! I'll be over!  ;D

Tig, gorgeous Iris!

Kb, beautiful owl family... gorgeous sunrise.... {{{Rutt}}}

Karen, Mike's grandmother made mince meat pie for the holidays, her last pie was 1977. No one past her generation ever made one again. Awww love your story of your pups and friend LaFu.... Dewey and Sadie are napping together right now.... love Oma's birthday pic.

{{{Lori}}} oh my, what a delicious cake and lovely posts for Oma. I'm in line for a piece of her cake and the Peppermint bars.  ;D

Oldguy, I missed your post last night about the eruption. Terrible...

Phyl, thanks for RRP updates, love their pics....

Clynn, What a great gift for the kids! Yes, pets have great instincts.... mine follow me from the moment I move under the bed covers to when I return to bed at night. All three are right there. Sadie between Mike and I, Milo and Norman on the pillow above my head.... love the snow in Italy. I'm so ready for snow.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LisaG1967

« Reply #12349 on: December 19, 2023, 12:08:31 PM »

Lani - Come over, and help me eat them.  I will have coffee ready!  ;D

tig - Very cool on the owl cam.  Iris is pretty.

kb;D ;D

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #12350 on: December 19, 2023, 12:09:32 PM »

LORI    Hope those injections will bring you some comfort. (((LORI)))

KAREN   LOL  I"m not sure sausage in my cake would whet my appetite  ;D ;D   Love that southern reasoning - booze doesn' count if cooked with  LOL  LOL  Like a cookie has no calories if broken in half  ::) ::)   La Fu levitating - I can just picture it  ;D ;D

KB  Protective short eared owl and babies  :)   Pretty sunrise tho.

LISA   A welcome cuppa to warm up  :)   The cookies look great - You are blessed.  ;D  Now to just have one a day!!  ( I could never do!!) Tim's blood sugar this AM 124!!!!  Down from 235.  I'm so proud of him.

LANI    Awww  sweet card to OMA  ;)   I didn't realize Aly was working as well.  I think Tim and I will celebrate with a nice steak.  I am not a steak eater but would enjoy 1 a year  LOL    Will be another Christmas without snow this year...
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #12351 on: December 19, 2023, 12:15:48 PM »

Awe, Lani, I have a strong visual of Sadie and Dewey napping together.....take a pic for us?

I'm in between chocolate chip cookie pans...11 minutes each batch......will be awhile.

LisaG1967

« Reply #12352 on: December 19, 2023, 01:04:55 PM »

kb - I bet it smells delicious in the house.

tsk - Wooohoo....awesome job, Tim!!!!

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #12353 on: December 19, 2023, 02:19:32 PM »

Everyone's baking and so will we Christmas Eve weekend. Told Jim I missed fudge so he'll make some then.  I'll never forget the  Christmas he and Mom made his
fudge---she assisted and the laughs I heard.  :-* :-* :-* Anyway, he's promised me milk chocolate with walnuts.   ;D

Lani so happy Mike gets his injection this Friday and Aly will be there as driver and support. No doubt her Payson  clients will be glad to see her.  A sweet snap that would be of Sadie and Dewey napping

CLynn thanks for snap of Munchkins playing air hocky. Dan's son,  my nephew,  Matthew "Matt' plays amature ice hocky as a 'hobby' . The Pros told him too bad he started too young.  Luv the Christmas 100 yrs ago not so very different---just the toys. Lovely  Puglia, Italy

Tsk congrats to Tim on his blood glucose level.  I have some hand blown ornaments of Dad's circa 1930's  are so delicate now I have to keep them boxed in transparent box w/ bubble wrap.  Lulu keeping you company while 'puzzling' ?

Hi Puff!  Pls keep warm in and out of doors.

Sending my best thoughts and sincerest prayers for you today at pain clinid..Lovely birthday greeting for Oma, {{{Lori}}} cake and all look so yummy.
Oh dear me! Those Peppermint White-Chocolate-Cheesecake-Bars!

Karen 'Out of this world' I know ! I can barely wait for launch next October. Gonna be glued to the PC /TV for that one. Not all like fruit cake ---my mom took orders on hers. She wrapped and soaked them in wine for what seemed like eons.   Sweet story of y our puppies and friend, La Fu.
Never had the hard sauce as the wine was plenty.  You and Piper keep dry and warm. Nice front porch. Cuppa is always nice.

KB nope snap doesn't do your deck justice, too bad. Luv the Short Eared Owl and her owlets. Tks  Good snap of 'Rutt"

Lisa fruit cake cookie sound interesting. Jim speciality is fudge---dark chocolate!

Hi Tig/Camper lovely Iris. Tks

Lani sweet puppy for Oma

« Last Edit: December 19, 2023, 02:32:42 PM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #12354 on: December 19, 2023, 02:25:47 PM »

https://www.nature365.tv/video/2023-12-19-dominant
https://www.nature365.tv/

Nature 365 email I received this morning about the coming year.

"Hello, bonjour !

As a Nature 365 follower, you may know some or most of our daily videos already. The whole series will be re-scheduled in 2024, but new footage from Jim Brandenburg and other contributors is on its way, so you are likely to discover original moments next year too! We will keep on opening humble windows to the natural world. Please keep on watching our program, commenting our work, sharing our posts. You can also support Nature 365 and help us create with a donation via Paypal or a Patreon pledge.

We wish you all a merry Christmas and a happy new year! "

The new Nature 365 trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTCAbWs6vJc

#IstandwithEvan

LisaG1967

« Reply #12355 on: December 19, 2023, 02:30:51 PM »

A friend of mine made a cake to substitute for fruit cake caked would you believe sausage cake!  Made a large heavy moist cake with a pound of pork sausage, a cup of hot coffee,  and spices and more. 

Karen
- I looked up Sausage cake from what you described.  I think I found a recipe.  Sounds interesting!
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/8361/sausage-cake/

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #12356 on: December 19, 2023, 03:19:46 PM »

Bazi   the congrats comes from being selected to add my name to NASA's Message in a Bottle and the honor of having my hyphenated name etched on one on the 100's of thousands of microchips that make up the Europa Clipper.  I knew one way or the other I'd get in to Outer Space and beyond---even if in name only.   LOL
Glad you and Zippo are well

Thanks, Phyl. Yes, I understood about your name on the chip when you first posted about it.  ;)  Very cool!!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2023, 03:24:14 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #12357 on: December 19, 2023, 03:56:41 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OMA!!!  Hugs to you!!  Wishing you a happy day, and joy throughout Christmas and into the New Year!   :) :-* :-*

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #12358 on: December 19, 2023, 04:02:40 PM »

Happy Day, Beakers!  :)

Loved seeing and reading everyone's posts!  Loved all the photos and hearing about everyone's "doings."  I'm in line with Lani for the cake, and for all the other treats, too!!  :D

I didn't walk today... maybe tomorrow.  Someone asked... Zippo and I only have plans to be home over Christmas, and we will keep each other company, and eat some special treats... don't know what that's going to be yet, though.  ;)

Everyone stay safe, and enjoy all the fun festivities, decorations, and special treats!  :)

Good night, Beakers. Peace. SED.

Phyl

« Reply #12359 on: December 19, 2023, 06:13:55 PM »

Karen/Lisa that is a most interesting cake recipe.

Bazi very nice flowers/wishes for Oma.

#IstandwithEvan