Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 12:09:57 PM 
Started by Lani - Last post by Lani

TGIF Beakers! ;D
Morning Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Eagles, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Phyl, beautiful Pink Sunflowers! ... good morning pic from the Flyaway!... GBH looking very majestic!

Tsk, my heart just about stopped when I saw him struggling to maintain a standing position by holding the counter and lifting the chair. Sadie's ears were down and in crouching position looking at Mike... That's Mike's comfy chair at the counter, so it needed to be fixed... there's only 3 chairs he is comfy on now...  he can't lift heavy things anymore. We work it out together.  ;D .... I do hearing the cicadas singing its song at night in Kansas... I didn't like them hanging on the screens and things. ICK!!

Clynn, oh poor Erin, the dreaded sump pump! What memories I have of flooded basements.  :( .. Erin is brilliant! Way to get it going!! . ... {{{your mom}}}, Mike's mom would probably ask for the printed instructions too.... awww sweet Eastern Bluebirds  :-*

Oldguy, I can't believe Mari is 17! Happy birthday sweet boy!! ... the High speed welding job! YIKES! Amazing, my heart stopped and back hurt watching! BL would love it!!  ;D

{{{Puff, Tig, Lisa}}} Take care  :-*

Oldguy, Lori, Clynn, Pink I hope your weather improves for this holiday weekend... Take special care! 🙏

Kb, sweet Bewick's Wren....  our morning temps are still in the 40's, so I've been wearing a light winter coat and even took the gloves back out. I always wear a hat... Have a good walk  ;D

on: Today at 11:45:45 AM 
Started by mrsfalcon - Last post by ssrl
Healing going great after surgery, thanks for the well wishes Lani and Tig.  Loved the loners puzzle eburg but tricky with all the green - 17:36
Now back to some of the older ones posted.

on: Today at 11:40:43 AM 
Started by STLbf - Last post by STLbf
Nanimal, white wing feathers can also help us identify the eaglets, like white patterns in tail feathers.  Cam ops got a closeup of DN17 with wings outstretched just after 11 AM, but looks to me like there are white primaries in same location as for DN18.  For now, look for the tail patterns.

More rain at the North's valley today.  At least one fish from DNF to share for early breakfast.

on: Today at 11:08:21 AM 
Started by shep - Last post by STLbf
Eyases grow really fast.  At about 2.5 weeks old, look how big they are, lying at the edge of the nest box this morning, waiting for more food.

on: Today at 11:05:01 AM 
Started by Nora in IA - Last post by STLbf
The second turkey vulture chick hatched late yesterday.  Both are visible on the rewind 11.5 hours ago, white, fluffy, dry, moving.  The pic is from about 9:00 this morning, and both are being fed.

on: Today at 10:46:20 AM 
Started by Lani - Last post by kbshcb
https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Bewicks_Wren/overview
the Bewicks wren with a beautiful song.

Found out the wren I posted it's song with the other day through a friend.

Not in Minnesota nor the Northeast or Southeast as it shows in the link of it's current map.

Unfortunately they suspect the house wren has run this one out of a lot of the country by taking over it's nests and throwing eggs out. Partially due to house wren houses built...

So windy here now on the back side of our rain. Nonetheless, I need to try and take Ollie out soon for his walk. May need to put on more winter like clothes as it's only 63..

Later

on: Today at 10:34:53 AM 
Started by shep - Last post by Nora in IA
WE HAVE TWO!!!!!

on: Today at 10:31:07 AM 
Started by Lani - Last post by LisaG1967
Good Morning Beakers...T.G.I.F.!!

I hope all who are or were in the path of the storms this morning are safe!

tig - Thanks for the #3 egg info on Iris!

karen - LOL, look like the little's of Spring Hill!  The high chair does have a tray, pretty sure Bradley took it off, so I could see her in her dress.

E4E - That is good that your mom like when you all go to appts with her.  I like when Jeff goes with me, too.  I am sometimes listening to what the doc says, but not always paying attention.   ::)  It was a quick trip across the bridge.  I dare not go today with the graduation and Memorial Day traffic. 

Phyl - Thanks for kind words on Sydney.  Pretty pink sunflowers.

Lani - I hope Mike is feeling better this morning after his fall.  Yikes, on the snakes being up and moving. 

Puff - LOL, those cicada's are definitely weird looking!

tsk - You be safe if those storms are headed your way. What movie are you going to see??

clynn - LOL, Kelsey got the Buc-ees mug!  I hope you tried the brisket sandwich there.  It is deeelish!  Thanks for kind words on Sydney.  Good luck at chiropractor! 

oldguy - Glad you are safe.  I hope Lori is too. 

on: Today at 10:23:50 AM 
Started by Lani - Last post by Puff
tsk  I apologize if I'm repeating myself - it's about the talk of old pictures.

When my Aunt passed away, a group of us nieces and nephews went to Longmont, CO, to close up her affairs.  My aunt and uncle had now both passed away; they had no children.

One of the things we came upon was some of those 1920 pics of their early family/friends.  Only a couple even had a brief note on the back with date or first name.  My brother rounded up what we found and took them home to share with my SIL.  She was so very impressed that she took possession and made her plan.  She mounted some that really were sweet, but as they were no in the best condition-wise.  She then mounted them as is and displayed them on a wall in hall of the house alongside her own personal family olde momentto pictures.  They were not family and didn't even have names, but they fit in just perfect on the special display.  They were too nice to toss and even deserved more than to end up in a drawer or album.

Now that both Rod and Judie have passed away, and son David sold their house, I can only wonder and hope that we did good by those loverly people.

P

Part II  (I forgot)

I took on the handling of my Aunt Lydia's jewelry.  With no children and the love of her life, he treated her well.  I gathered it together and made an inventory and sent it to cousins throughout the country.  (I didn't mention my mom's family had 13 children.)  I had things appraised/described and sent out to my cousins.  They had to let me send their choices as I received their picks.  Got selections from both female and male cousins. 

on: Today at 10:02:14 AM 
Started by shep - Last post by Nora in IA
I'm a little late here.  Joe woke me up about 6 AM because of severe storm warning and then we spent almost 3 hours looking for his phone.  Found it, whew. 

Say hi to dad little one!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10