Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Cheers 2024  (Read 101690 times)

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
Re: Cheers 2024
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2024, 01:12:33 PM »

LB, Oh my gosh! You have me laughing about you saying you don't like the people you work with now. Lol

Good to 2 more weeks working from home and seeing your surgeon next Tuesday. It's worth a try asking to work from home longer but you definitely stay home when it snows.
Maybe your surgeon can make a note in your chart for that so you can work from home snowy days. Not worth the risk after all that you've been through!!

oldguy

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2024, 01:43:18 PM »

Hello Cheers to 2024 - thanks Amy...

Here is my annual bookmarks for the forums that will keep track of your last post viewed.

Beak Room 2024 Forum - https://www.raptorresource.org/raptorresource/forum/index.php?topic=2867.new.html#new

Cheers 2024 Forum - https://www.raptorresource.org/raptorresource/forum/index.php?topic=2868.new.html#new

Decorah Eagles 2024 Forum - https://www.raptorresource.org/raptorresource/forum/index.php?topic=2866.new.html#new

Decorah North Nest Eagles 2024 Forum - https://www.raptorresource.org/raptorresource/forum/index.php/topic,2864.new.html#new

Enjoy and have a great year...
[/quote]
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2024, 05:27:47 PM »

LB, Oh my gosh! You have me laughing about you saying you don't like the people you work with now. Lol

Good to 2 more weeks working from home and seeing your surgeon next Tuesday. It's worth a try asking to work from home longer but you definitely stay home when it snows.
Maybe your surgeon can make a note in your chart for that so you can work from home snowy days. Not worth the risk after all that you've been through!!

Paulie, The more I think about it,  I really dont't one I always get along with but once the little twerp came. It hasnt been the same!! I am the oldest. They bothe can be my kids!!! The one I gt along with. Is more mature. But........ I wont's say LOL   

My prediction for the big ole storm everye crying about saturday to sunday  rain.  I ahave seen over over a foot to a trace to 2"  I say rain 
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au
New Jersey (south Jersey)

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2024, 06:38:27 AM »

Good morning I need sleep!!!!
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2024, 09:48:42 AM »

Good Morning  :)

Oldguy, Thank you for posting.

LB, I remember when the younger worker began there and how she changed the vibe at work. It's sad one person can do that. Wasn't she hired in a temp position?

All of yesterday's quotes are good.

Yesterday was my son and dil's last day visiting here. They and we all in the family had a great time together New Year's Day and this week. One evening we reserved a long table at a restaurant and all had dinner and much laughter together. I had a full house with them staying here and family coming here too. Today is like ..... too quiet here!!

About the storm in your area in NJ. I saw two possible scenarios you could be impacted and yes just rain for one possibility.

My area is predicting 3 to 7 inches. Time will tell.
We had planned to go to the cabin this weekend but decided to go next weekend instead.

jicaji

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2024, 10:47:02 AM »

Hi everybody.

Just want to thank you for the hugs.  I felt them.....I'm just having a really hard time adjusting.

LB, you know there is ALWAYS one who is a ......  Never failed in my 50+ years of employment.

I'm glad you're progressing well after your knee replacement.  Did you have to have a pre-op exam before hand?

We're supposed to get snow this weekend too.  I swear, you'd think it was the end of the world coming.  I did my usual weekly food shopping yesterday and, of course, the store was packed.  Always the same scenario every year when snow is predicted. 

LB....Hopefully you can stay home if it snows or is icey.

Paulie Take the weekend to REST ;) 
Happy for you that you had all your family around you for the holidays.

Enjoy the weekend everyone and thanks again for the hugs.
Never, never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way. Martin Luther King Jr.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2024, 02:08:21 PM »

OMG they are acting like its going to be a blizzard!!!! I think I am getting a trace to2"   I think most of NJ is getting that as well. THe more north and west of city more. I ignore the news at 1200 so dont know the latest excep some posted  something with trace to 2" 

Jacaji oh yes I had to see a bunch of doctors before surgy. MY primary, Pulmologist and cardilogist I needed an chest xray.  oh you will need Cat scan of knee if its done robotically my insurance didnt cover robotic so I iddnt need the CAT scan.  For sure if you are thinking about it ask me anything.  LIke Puff said keep on top of the pin with the pain meds for the first couple of  weeks. I actally felt better once home from hospital.  The pain was still there but I had more control of the meds at home rather than relying on the nurses. 

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2024, 05:38:51 PM »

Dear Puff,

You are awesome!! You are a very thoughtful friend. I'm sending you a huge Hug! Please read your PM.

Paulie  :-*

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2024, 06:01:57 PM »

jicaji, Good to see you.  :)  You're welcome for the hugs from us. We understand your difficulty adjusting too. We're here for you any time.

Thank you about me and my family. It's been a while since all of us got to spend a holiday together. It was great.

I laughed reading you tell me to rest this weekend. You know me too well.  :) :P

Same here about the snow and all the hype! How much is your area predicting?

Are you finally thinking about getting your knee replaced?! If so, good for you!! Keep us posted.

I see my ortho Dr the end of Jan. At my last knee injection 6 mos ago he pushed really hard for me to opt out of continuing with the injection and wants to schedule surgery. Well ... ummmm .. I've decided to do another round of knee injections. I figure since I'm still getting around pretty darned good (knock on wood) I'm putting it off again. My family is not happy with me but oh well.

I'm sending you another hug.  :)

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2024, 06:40:06 PM »

LB, I agree about the news acting like it's a blizzard. LOL Started out at getting 8 inches here and now down to 2 to 5 inches but the downgrade is due to now getting sleet/ice rather than snow. I'd rather have snow. We'll see what tomorrow brings. I hope it turns to all rain somehow.  ;D
Interesting thing is there's more snow predicted at my home than at the cabin. Sounds reversed to me for the mountains.

I remember the difficulty you had getting pain meds when in the hospital and how you liked having more control when you returned home. I say you did awesome and were one determined lady for sure! Sounds like good advice from Puff too. I recall her posting advise to you. That was very nice.

Speaking of Puff. I remember reading a post, maybe two between you and Puff but I didn't understand them. Did you maybe have something to do with her surprise? I'm thinking yes?  :)

I just had a thought about your weather. If by chance you get any sleet or ice ... slippery conditions .. please do not attempt to walk Copper. My heavens you don't want to mess up all the progress you've made. Just me worrying about you.  :)

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2024, 08:45:30 AM »

LB,

Speaking of Puff. I remember reading a post, maybe two between you and Puff but I didn't understand them. Did you maybe have something to do with her surprise? I'm thinking yes?  :)

Good morning...
Whattcha talking about Paulie????;)

I think we are still trace to 2" I stopped listening. I will be careful in snow and ice for sure. Iusually dont walk copper when it rains.    I just let him do his busines out on the gras on a leash  It's goint o be terible tuesday when I go t othe  surgeon but with rain lots of rain and wind I go through towns that tend to flood. SO far it looks like it will start in the sfternoon (the worse of it) my appointment is at 10:00

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2024, 10:49:47 AM »

Good Morning  :)

It's began snowing here at 10am. Still coming down. Supposed to get 2" to 5" then maybe sleet/icy glaze. Snow no biggie but don't like the icy glaze.  Time will tell. It is what it is.
I'm going to stay inside and make a big pot of beef stew today. I always made beef stew when it snowed when my kids were growing up.
After they came inside from playing in the snow I'd have warm towels to wrap around them then they'd fill up on stew. I'd do those days all over again!
I'm going to put a big container of stew aside to freeze then take to the cabin next weekend.

LB, I thought so!!  ;) Thank you.

I saw similar weather forecast for you today. I think jicaji will be getting snow. I remember years back when there was a lot of flooded areas where you live. Be careful this Tuesday for sure. Good that your appointment is in the morning and not afternoon. Yes please you be very careful also in the snow and ice!

#s 1 and 3

I wish everyone in the snow/icy weather path warmth and safety.
Take care.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2024, 10:53:28 AM by paulie »

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2024, 01:12:35 PM »

It's snowing now not sure when it started  It was after 11:00 just a coatng now,  then it will turn to rain.  Stew I want stew.  I took something out from freezer. I made it and froze a lot it looks llike stew but not but similia.  LOL  I am freezinf cant get this place warm, I have heat up to 72. Theres got to be a draft. But to get them to fix it is narly impossible . I am just watching mvies today well, like any other day 

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2024, 08:19:40 AM »

Good morning  only got 1/4" of snow and a slushy mess on the walk ways copper wants to walk I am debating  I may test. Now they are talking about another HUGE storm Tuesday this one will be rain again  Lots of rain and wind  THey are concerned for flooding since so much  rain and everything is saturated no where for it to go I am sooo tired of rain  Bring on the multiple feet snow storm!!! W have been deprived for over  700 days!!!!of no snow (that is snow over an inch)

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2024, 01:28:06 PM »

Hi LB, Did your similar stew yesterday taste good? I hope it warmed you up!! You sounded cold. Did your apartment warm up after setting temp to 72?

Oh my gosh girl!! "Bring on multiple feet snow storm." No way!!! If it happens now I know who to blame. LOL If so I say you take off work beforehand then we go to cabin. Get wood stove going then sit on the front porch watching the snow while sipping on something warm.  ;D

We got 3 to 4 inches snow here then sleet then rain. It did look pretty when coming down heavy. All done now. I'm ready for Spring.  ;D

Did you decide to take Copper for a walk?

Same here Tuesday weather wise. Forecast is for soaking steady rain and winds. Yuck! I'm staying inside. It's good your Dr appt is in the morning.