Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Cheers 2024  (Read 89716 times)

LBLNJ0668

Re: Cheers 2024
« Reply #690 on: September 20, 2024, 05:46:58 PM »

Paulie, you must been reading my mind I opened up a wine cooler 30 minutes ago.  I had summer hours today and totllay forgot good thing I came into work 30 min early each day like required. So I got to leave at 200 yippee!! I am looking outside and it looks like it's windy... nice!!!!! i went to my brother today and the pain management dr came in to talk to him.  My brother was more coherent today.  The dr said it's not morphine. supposely last night he had a temperture so he has some sort of infection.. He said it like I knew. I said oh he has an infection? I wouldnt know. No ones calls us to let us know whats going on  A dr called me tonight it was a private number so I didint answe, she left a  message will call tomorrow. I wont hold my breath. She souded very cold.   so he is not be reeleased just yet due to the infection.  I think he has an onocology appt Monday . I think to go over his reults.  I did fin our from social workers yestrday that his chemo treatmemnt may change.  I told my brother to call me when the dr comes in.   I want to hear.  I have a  pulminology appt monday part of my pre surgery appt.   
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au
New Jersey (south Jersey)

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #691 on: September 20, 2024, 10:55:46 PM »

LB, Good!! I'm glad you had a wine cooler. Nice you got to leave at 2pm .. and you got wind you love. Sounds like a good day for you.
I hope you sleep better tonight.

Good you spoke with your brother's pain management Dr and your brother was more coherent today. Very good.
Your brother isn't being given morphine you mean? Now he has an infection!
Sounds like you got your message across about doctors keeping you informed.

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #692 on: September 20, 2024, 11:04:07 PM »

Were at the cabin. Most of the family is here too.

Tomorrow we're going to a town an hour away to an Autumn Bavarian Festival and also to the Sportsman's Club nearby here that's having National Hunting & Fishing Day with lots of food, competitions and drawing for prizes. Should be a full fun day.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #693 on: September 21, 2024, 06:56:21 PM »

good day  Hi Paulie  I walked 1.5 miles today it was nice this morning I went to get my covid shot then to hospital   I walkedin  to my brother yelling at me.  He is spitting up blood and lots of it.  sigh..  Ok Hopefully I can type this ocrrectly.  He's been have fevers all week (the first I heard of it yesterday  His mouth has been bleeding  for the last couple of days (alittle) so this morning thye di da biopsy of his mout.  They dont think the lumps are from the chemo its too much (this is all from the infection doctor today)
You dont say. its bee like this ofr over a month and they are first looking into it more.  Probably because of the fevers. probably an infection cause his white blood counts are rea low (now I think there was no improvemennt, I think if there was, the blood counts would be higher) so all th ebed (there is a lot all blood clots)  is from the biopsy. its like geting a cut and it bleeds. They said it's normal now if it continues then issue.  So they also took him for a CAT scanas well to check his mout and chest for other lesions  He has some sort of infection  they think they  know what it is and will know more once the results come back. This  will take a couple of days. Good thing I was there. I probably would not know.  I asked the doctors if they can call once they have results they said they  will call the pimary team . I said they dont call no one calls.  I went of in how I never knew of his fevers th elast week or why he was even admitted to the hospital .  At least the nurses are being good. they ake sure we have masks on and wash our hands when seeing him since his white blood cell is so low.  He is already on antiinfection medicon but they are not always 100%. Once they have the results they will get hi on the correct antibiotics. Myabe that will clear up his mout. I was also told once he can eat he may need therapy in how to swallow again and speak  .  MY niece does all that.  The doctor called me. I  wil save that for tomorrrow.  to much info
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #694 on: September 22, 2024, 09:40:31 AM »

Good morning

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #695 on: September 23, 2024, 05:45:39 PM »

good evening

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #696 on: September 24, 2024, 09:42:00 AM »

Good Morning  :)

We returned late yesterday. Had an awesome weekend. Autumn temps have definitely arrived there and here at home.

LB, Last Saturday sounded rough for you. Why was your brother yelling at you when you walked in?
No one told you he had fevers all last week. Is his fever gone yet? Hope so.
Did you get biopsy results for his mouth?
Your niece can provide speech and swallow therapy?
Good that a doctor called you. I hope some better news about your brother.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #697 on: September 24, 2024, 05:37:18 PM »

Paulie No answers!!!!!!!!   not even his bone marrow bipopsy supposely an emailwent to oncologist but nothing. I think I will have to cal l nurses desk to get info I want a call from any doctor. OH wait I have the number for the social worker, maybe I will call her tomorrow if I get  chance   But back to nurse lyes we are at mercy with the nurse we spoke to to get  a mmessage to have any dr call back for any kind of answer unless we are lucky enough t obe at the hospital when a dr comes in . wont talk about my niece she wont help him log story.  He was yelling becuase he was spitting up blood clots from biopsy of his mouth

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #698 on: September 25, 2024, 12:04:58 PM »

Oh my heavens your poor brother, LB. Frustrating for you and your father getting info on him for sure!

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #699 on: September 25, 2024, 08:19:55 PM »

Good evening  I have surgery clearance appoitment tomorrow morning  its almost 2 weeks away.   Yikes!! It's sneaking up on me!!!

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #700 on: September 26, 2024, 06:18:24 AM »

good morning

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #701 on: September 26, 2024, 09:45:30 PM »

LB, How'd your surgery clearance go? I'm thinking good. You now know "the ropes" and procedures for what's to come. You'll be at home recovering and doing PT before you know it.  :)

How is your brother? Also how is your father doing?

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #702 on: September 26, 2024, 11:17:44 PM »

Paulie This is what I posted in Beakroom about my knees.  My injections have always been on Monday afternoons. Forgive me for cutting and pasting.  :(

I was so excited about this last night---didn't sleep much...
Well...made it to my appointment with Elite Sports Meds in Green Hills, TN. for  'Euflexxa SOSY 20 mg/2ml per knee commencing w/ my right
as it's the  worst.  One round  behind me  and two to go. LOL

Doc said Most folks  feeling improve ment takes a few days---sometimes not until the 2nd injection.  I will say I've felt some 'loosening up' of the knee
joints. Doc also said some  have improvement lasting a year . I'll just be thrilled if after this series I get 6mos lasting relief. But, I'll take longer---of course. Probably,  the middle of NeXT week I'll go back to walking. It's been a 5 year hiatus for me.
OMG!  The world could be much more dangerous---I''ll be pack'n come pepper spray  at least.
I'm just so excited about being able to get back in my old routine and getting  these extra 15 lbs off me.

I had my  first session of PT what is going to be 5X weekly  and  exercises 2x daily  for the next 6 weeks. The list of exercises     :o

Going for my 2nd Euflexxa injection this afternoon. Will met my doc for 1st time as she's been coaching the US soccer team. Hoping for a
good visit and report.

Hi! My visit with Dr. Martin or Coach Martin went very well. She's an easy person to talk to and I used the opportunity to ask her about some of
the exercises I had been assigned due to the building discs at L4 -L 6 Of course it stands to reason that if doing 'something' hurts---don't do it.
But never hurts to get the 'okay to skip' .  However I got a green light to do a prone plank standing up. And the resistance band for the upper legs . I have permission to skip with a choice of a more advance level as it's doesn't stress the lower back. So I chose the advance exercise. I also mentioned that the gel after 2-3 days gravitated to the lower knee cavity leaving the gel at the bottom instead at the top of the knee Doc use a in a thicker  Euflexxa gel  . And my time in the actual therapy away from home was cut down.

The rainy weather makes my knees hurt. But, Euflexxa keeps them limber. :)
Today is a PT day---4pm

This was this past Wednesday afternoon (9-25).Did I get a 'workout' in PT yesterday.  Got home yesterday late afternoon and was all done-in.  Did spend sometime on their exercise bike. It was fun. And, then I realized that I miss mine. Think I will look for another one.  There's no place that doesn't hurt or is tender.
 Took home a modified exercise sheet.  And, will re-incorporate exercises I had long strayed from in daily routine. This coming Monday is my last
Euflexxa injection. Then I'll probably finish out the PT on Mondays and Wednesdays.   We had more rain, yesterday and last night. Hopefully the weeds will pull up more easily now.

Any how this coming Monday9 9-30) will be my last injection. My PT will go on for a few more weeks.
Thanks for popping in and saying 'Howdy' to us all.
I've been thinking of Cheers and it's Cherrios. And, with full intention of posting to you.
Hope you , Charlie and family have been well.

{{{LB}}}  sending you nothing but the best wishes for a successful surgery, speedy recovery. Will be thinking of you.      🙏 s

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #703 on: September 27, 2024, 04:55:15 PM »

LB, TGIF for you.

Phyl, Good news the Euflexxa injections are helping and you feel some improvement already. Nice your third and final injection is this Monday. Hopefully you'll feel relief minimum 6 months and longer. I do feel relief for the 6 months and a bit longer. I really like Euflexxa.

Your PT schedule sounds great. That should help strengthen the areas needed. It's nice and important you got to speak with your doctor about some of the exercises. She sounds interesting with her coaching position for soccer team too.

It's awesome you plan to resume taking walks again after 5 years.  Enjoy!

You're welcome for popping in. It's nice when you, Karen, Tig and Puff pop in here from time to time. I remembered Karen lives in Georgia and in the path of the hurricane/tropical storm.
What about your area in Tennessee? High winds and heavy rain there?

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #704 on: September 27, 2024, 05:11:17 PM »

A scary story about Helene tropical storm and one of my son's Paul and DIL.

They live in Boone, NC. The outer bands of the the storm were extended to Boone. Their house is on the side of one of the mountains there with very old tall trees and lots of them. Early this morning while he was sitting on couch at a window drinking his morning coffee there was suddenly a loud crashing noise. A tree blew/fell over onto the house hitting 2 roofs at different levels and the rear deck right landing beside the window where he was sitting. Thank you God and Jesus for protecting him. He said the tree hit so hard that it knocked all the pictures and things on shelves off the wall. His wife was still asleep upstairs so he ran up quickly to check on her. She was okay and very startled awake for sure!

They've been without power since then and latest update the rain and wind have mostly subsided but the roads are washed out and power still out in their and more areas now.