Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Cheers 2024  (Read 82132 times)

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
Re: Cheers 2024
« Reply #615 on: August 22, 2024, 07:35:01 PM »

Hi LB and Puff!

We stayed at the cabin longer returned this week. No damage to cabin itself from storms but the Ring cameras in front and back aren't functioning properly all the time. Maybe from power outage from storms. We tried unplugging router but didn't help so have to figure out how to correct/fix cameras. Haven't a clue what to do.

There's 5 or 6 black bear roaming around that we saw on Ring cam and trail cams. I've got some pictures I can post. The one bear is the huge dumpster bear the locals told us about. He is downright scary to even look at in a photo. His face is ugh!! I call him gorilla bear. Scary for sure.

I went to eye appt last Friday but ended up having to reschedule. I'll explain below.

LB, Thank you for the info about your father and his cataract surgery. Good to know and has helped me relax about it.
Prayers continue for your brother.

Puff, Thank you also for all your cataract info!! You gave me lots of info and I really appreciate it a lot. Makes me feel better reading what you said because I didn't know what to expect. I wonder why insurance didn't cover the med you needed and such an important med too the eye drops!! All that you told me has me more relaxed. The BLUE color sounds awesome.

Oh my to your entire face being covered except for eye .. and you're claustrophobic!! God bless you. Very good you were given a pre-sedative for your other eye. I'm not claustrophobic but am hoping for a sedative for myself.  ;D

Again Puff thank you very much for all that you told me and explained.  :-*

The reason I rescheduled the cataract consult was my appt time came and went. And there was one other lady before me to see same eye Dr. After 30 minutes past my appt time I asked the receptionist if Dr was running real late with appts. I was told she wasn't running  late. ?? Anyway I explained I was going out of town right after my appt so hoping to be seen soon. That's when she told me my appt was 2 hours long. What? I said no-one told me that! She apologized for "not communicating" that to me. I said I would reschedule and I did. No biggie. I also inquired why such a long appt and I understand that now too. I'm learning as I go for sure.  :)

LB and Puff thank you again for your info.

Oh I also began today another round of 3 knee gel injections one week apart. They're good for 6 months. They really help my bone on bone knee. I am thinking a bit more about the replacement. That can be the next big item I'll ask you both to explain to me.  :)

Take care and I hope you both sleep well tonight.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #616 on: August 23, 2024, 07:44:50 AM »

good morning. pulie i cant wait to see the photo of the bears!!!
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au
New Jersey (south Jersey)

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #617 on: August 23, 2024, 08:26:08 AM »

Good Morning,

LB, I just tried posting two of the pics but got message too large and something about format. I'll try to figure out then. We're leaving going to the cabin soon.

I hope you have a good weekend.

karengramke

« Reply #618 on: August 23, 2024, 09:58:26 PM »

Pauli, agree with Puff and Lb about cataract surgery but hesitate to comment as mine was years ago!  Lots and lots of drops, no heavy lifting for a period of time and great vision  after all is said and done!  No pain and no fear or tears!

Macular degeneration is something else!  I have the dry and will tell you later!

Lb, sorry about your brother,  will he drink ensure?   Is the cancer in his mouth or are the sores from the chemo?

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #619 on: August 24, 2024, 07:58:33 AM »

Good morning Hi Karen The sores is from the chemo.  He has leukemia.  There were 5 ensures on his table at the hospital I got him to dirnk a little he just has no appetite but the 2 days I was there all drs annd nurses says he needs t try if he doesnt he will be put on iv with nutrition .  He is on iv now nt sure what that is.  Now  will have to ask.  I am going to the hospital again and try to persudae him once again. Its frustrating he doesnt get out of bed.  Hes allowed just a nurse needs to assist him to get in th chair.  Today is his last treatment for this round.  I think he has 4 more chemo pills but the iv is completed today  Then he gets another biopsy to see where he stands.  I am nervous for him
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #620 on: August 25, 2024, 07:39:26 AM »

good morning

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #621 on: August 25, 2024, 11:26:01 AM »

Pauli, agree with Puff and Lb about cataract surgery but hesitate to comment as mine was years ago!  Lots and lots of drops, no heavy lifting for a period of time and great vision  after all is said and done!  No pain and no fear or tears!

Macular degeneration is something else!  I have the dry and will tell you later!

Lb, sorry about your brother,  will he drink ensure?   Is the cancer in his mouth or are the sores from the chemo?
Hi Karen, Thank you for the cataract info. Didn't know about the lifting. Glad to hear it sounds easy peasy .. pretty much.

Okay to you telling me about your dry macular degeneration later. I have the dry also.

Hi LB, Prayers continue for your brother.

We're still at the cabin. Weather fluctuates between chilly in the morning then hot in afternoon then chilly nights. Black bears deer racoons still around.

The Hummingbirds are definitely keeping the feeders busy. Large Hummers too! They battle some then sit on same nectar feeder to eat sometimes. Have migrators moving through too. I have two nectar feeders and 3 New Guinea Impatiens hanging planters they like too.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #622 on: August 25, 2024, 07:12:43 PM »

Hi Paulie,  My brother is now on a feeding tube   He is finding it so difficult to eat with  his mouth.  Its white in color so I teasd him hes getting milk.   I am rather upset  they also start a new mouth wash of lidocaine  its a swish and swallow.  then another swich and spit.  He has magic mouth wash as well for as needed.  Hopefully this new stuff helps.  I feel horrible for him.    He finished his iv chemo yesterday and has 4 including today more days of chemo pills.  I have no idea if this helped other than his mouth really took a beating with this round of chemo.   I am afraid for him when he gets results  when he take shis next bone marrow biopsy.  Not sure when this will be but I am thinking probably next week.  Posting now cause I have to log on early tomorrow 730 (summer hours week) so wont have much time first thing in a cause I am getting up at 700 and no earlier  if I can help it!!! lol

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #623 on: August 26, 2024, 05:53:37 PM »

good evening

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #624 on: August 27, 2024, 11:30:46 AM »

Hi Paulie,  My brother is now on a feeding tube   He is finding it so difficult to eat with  his mouth.  Its white in color so I teasd him hes getting milk.   I am rather upset  they also start a new mouth wash of lidocaine  its a swish and swallow.  then another swich and spit.  He has magic mouth wash as well for as needed.  Hopefully this new stuff helps.  I feel horrible for him.    He finished his iv chemo yesterday and has 4 including today more days of chemo pills.  I have no idea if this helped other than his mouth really took a beating with this round of chemo.   I am afraid for him when he gets results  when he take shis next bone marrow biopsy.  Not sure when this will be but I am thinking probably next week.  Posting now cause I have to log on early tomorrow 730 (summer hours week) so wont have much time first thing in a cause I am getting up at 700 and no earlier  if I can help it!!! lol
Hi LB, Your poor brother and his mouth. It's definitely taken a beating. Good he's on a feeing tube since his mouth is so sore. It sounds terrible. Does he get his biopsy this week or next week? God bless him and prayers continue for him.

This week being hot again in the 90s it's nice you're working from home.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #625 on: August 27, 2024, 07:27:30 PM »

Hi Paulie,  I am not sure what is going on with his bioposy he told me yesterday the chemo pills is suppose to be 31 days but I swear the dr said 14 days.  I need to call and find out.  He also said the oncologist has not come.   They gave him morphine for the pain  I am not happy about that.  He should have the results about the fluid in his lungs tomorrow.  Sorry if I isnt say anything I dont remember who I told what.   He said PT has been coming but I havent seen but my father has I think.  I saw him tonight he was ok.  He drank ensure for me.  I told him smalll sips he drank the whole thing!!!! He said it was for me I should have made him  drink another one before I left. lOL

I walked this morning before it cgot hot right before my lunch meeting LOL  Tomorrow we are in a heat advisory then Thursday back in 70's yippee!!! I wll walk all weekend  since its going to be beautiful.  I walk all 4 days last weekend  I will again this weekend I am off Monday and Tuesday,  I iddnt relaize Labor day was here.  Yippee. Fall is that much closer!!!!! But now all the school traffic :(

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #626 on: August 28, 2024, 09:38:14 AM »

Good morning,

LB, Your brother is in the best place right now to be watched and cared for with so much going on. I hope he gets good news test results. Why would you prefer he not be given morphine for pain? Does it make him groggy? Good news he drank Ensure for you!! Very nice he said he did that for you. He appreciates all you've done and are doing for him.

Good you're enjoying walking again. True about the cooler weather makes walks nicer. I plan to resume again when temps go down.
Enjoy your days off work!!

Same here we have heat advisory yesterday today and I think tomorrow mid 90s then a cold front moves thru then 70s. True Autumn weather is approaching. Where did the summer go?? School buses moving around here too already.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #627 on: August 28, 2024, 08:07:43 PM »

I am  not happy.     My brother may go home this weekend.  He will be going home with the feeding tube.   His high blood count (hbc) is at .831.  He needs to be at a 1 to go home.  it has been improving (per my nephew, per nurse)  I do not want  him home.  Not a good enviroment a nurse will come to help with feeding tube daily.  NO!!!!! What about his mouth!!???? He should not be allowed to leave until that is cleared up and he will eat on his own!!!!!!!!!!

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #628 on: August 29, 2024, 04:01:10 PM »

good evening

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #629 on: August 29, 2024, 06:39:39 PM »

I am  not happy.     My brother may go home this weekend.  He will be going home with the feeding tube.   His high blood count (hbc) is at .831.  He needs to be at a 1 to go home.  it has been improving (per my nephew, per nurse)  I do not want  him home.  Not a good enviroment a nurse will come to help with feeding tube daily.  NO!!!!! What about his mouth!!???? He should not be allowed to leave until that is cleared up and he will eat on his own!!!!!!!!!!
LB, I just now read this. Maybe the hospital thinks your brother has today Thursday and then Friday for his hbc to be at a 1 maybe? Time for it go up and if it doesn't he'll stay in hospital perhaps. Did you get any additional info today?