Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Cheers 2024  (Read 82133 times)

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
Re: Cheers 2024
« Reply #600 on: August 13, 2024, 10:27:30 AM »

Hi LB, Yes no water use since last Friday did stink. We got notified this morning water is on so can use again. Good!
The sinus congestion and fatigue is still here. Some days good and some not.  Going on four weeks now. Ready for it to be gone.

Your hair must be long since you got two inches cut and it's still long. Good that you like what he did and didn't cut your bangs. I'm sure it looks pretty.

Oh boy that you took a walk. I'm sure you enjoyed it after the weeks of 90 degree weather and not being able to. Was it strange walking just yourself or better since you could keep walking at a steady pace?

Prayers continue for your brother. It's good he like the protein bars you made for him. Awww to his comment to you about being his sister. It's true!! He knows you care.

Are you working from home or office?

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #601 on: August 13, 2024, 08:21:34 PM »

Hi Paulie. I am in the offic for the nextg 2 weeks.   My brother is getting  alittle stronger he says he is wlking with walker  to his dr appointments he was using a wheel chair . so I told him I was proud of him Maybe that will get him doing more.  He started chemo yesterday and the sours on his tongue is back at full fource.  I told him he needs to fight throuugh it and yet he needs food to build strength I am worried since he is now doing chemo for the next 10 days plus 14 days with pills.  I am agaid he will get weak again and not do anyhting again.  I will  keep encouraging him.   Maybe that will work . 

I like walking on my own but it's lonel. I do listen to my music.  I walked alittle over a mile and it was hard today my knees hurts a bit.  stopped taking melocican last week so my knee is started up plus I gained somed weight so I am more determined.  I need to loose!!! I have 2 months!!!
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au
New Jersey (south Jersey)

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #602 on: August 14, 2024, 04:11:40 PM »

Hey there LB, Okay to office for next 2 weeks. Ugh. Ignore trouble maker and continue doing the great work you have been. Kudos to you again for the monetary reward you recently received.

Good to read your brother is walking with walker! I'm sure you telling him you're proud of him lifts his mood and helps. His tongue sounds very painful. Can he have protein drinks and similar things to drink? Your suggestion to continue to encourage him is absolutely a good thing for sure. He's lucky to have you cheering him on.

When does your father go on the cruise?

I understand how you feel about the walking. Good you have music you enjoy. Both your knees were hurting? Why your new knee? Sore muscles maybe you mean? Oh my 2 months till your other replacement. You are a strong lady kiddo!!

Quotes 3 and 4

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #603 on: August 14, 2024, 08:14:01 PM »

oh wow I forgot to mention MY fathers girlfriend broke her foot so Italy is off.  My brother said they are discussing something else maybe a cruise but that is a lot of walking still on all the excursions.  I'll find out when I talk to my father over the weekend.  Oh she is wearing a boot no cast. 

My brothers mouth is getting wworse. not surprised with starting chemo again. It goes through cycles.  I guess I need to belive in the saying it gets worse before it gets better.  I iddnt walk today I will try tomorrow but I just finished my stretches.   

yes my brother can have protein shakes jellow pudding are theeasiest. he likes soup and mashpotatoes.  I just worry hes not eating enough because of his mouth/tongue. plus he does not hvae an appetite
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #604 on: August 15, 2024, 05:40:21 PM »

Good evning

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #605 on: August 15, 2024, 09:50:00 PM »

Oh my goodness to your father's girlfriend breaking her foot! How'd she do that? Maybe it's not real bad since she has a boot vs a cast.

Your brother's mouth must feel so uncomfortable for him. Since people go through this with chemo you'd think they'd have some alternatives for patients getting the nourishment they need. I imagine he's lost weight.

Good you did stretches even though you didn't walk. They count.  ;)

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #606 on: August 15, 2024, 10:09:41 PM »

LB, Letting you know we're going to cabin tomorrow. Haven't been there for one month since last time there when our granddaughter came down with covid there then we got it when home. We have to check the place out because Debby hurricane went through there as a tropical storm. Power went out then back on we hope. We have to check out trees and other areas around cabin. We've been sick with and recovering from covid for 4 weeks so time to check things out. I'm driving. Ugh Would rather stay home but my husband's jeep needs a repair so I drive my vehicle.

I have an appointment tomorrow morning with eye doctor/surgeon. My routine eye appt this Spring turned into a diagnosis of dry macular degeneration. I now take daily fish oil and eye vitamins for vision. A chart to look at daily too. Good news is the dry diagnosis. No shots in the eye. I'm seeing surgeon for cataract surgery tomorrow morning for the same eye. This is all new to me so I have no clue what to expect. One thing I'm looking forward to is more clear vision with cataracts removed. I hope! Been dealing with blurring for a few years and now finally Dr says time to remove.

I wonder if any RRP members who read here have had cataract removal and can describe their experience. 

Puff

« Reply #607 on: August 16, 2024, 06:07:57 AM »

Had both the surgeries in 2015, paulie.  Practice at the time was each eye separate about a month apart.  For years I knew I was being watched.  Went through new glasses periodically.  $$  Got the news that year from Sec. of State that they'd pass me on my driver's license then, but not again.  Went for an exam and was told by doc "Yep, it's time." 

Surgery is a non event.  There's mandatory meds to prep - must do!!!  They are expensive but necessary.  One of the few meds I've had to have that were not covered by insurance.  The big concern is infection.  But in the elapsed 10 years I'm sure there have been changes.  Each eye takes about 15 minutes and then WaaaLaaaa  It's like a miracle.  All those years messing around with new prescriptions/glasses.  I knew the difference right away.  My biggest discovery was on the ride home.  Everything was better, in first eye; had no pain at all.  In the car going home I found out why you have to wear the ugly glasses.  It's the brightness --- totally bright blue sky!!!!  Glasses help you acclimate.  Next big surprise was using the PC that afternoon.  Background was the most beautiful dynamic BLUE!  Didn't know about or expect the vision clarity.  No problem at all since then.   He did/does each eye a month apart as a cautious method I  think.  Walk around with one missing lense one for fixed side.  At one point I did have some treatment to "shatter" some teeny specks of cataracts found floating. Again felt nothing - never had any down time or trouble.  Just remember to do the eyedrops.

My bonus caveat - They do a test to make sure you don't have reflex when you have something aimed at your eye.  That was no problem at all.  However - My problem is I'm claustrophobic.  They covered my face completely except for the eye being done.  Left me with only a 2" (?) hole in which to work.  eeeeeek - Can't describe the phobia effects.   :'(   Second eye he gave me a pre-sedative.

P           
« Last Edit: August 16, 2024, 06:12:45 AM by Puff »

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #608 on: August 16, 2024, 06:33:35 PM »

TGIF Hi Paulie,  My father had the surgery never complain no issues and defintly sees better.
I hope no damge to your cabin.   I take my brother tomorrow for Chemo. His appointment is at 11:30 thank god not ealt. I can sleep n a bit even though I never do .  I am hoping a walk before I go if i don't procrasinate  I will stay with him it only takes a coupe of hours.  I can bug him  .

Hi Puff!!

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #609 on: August 17, 2024, 08:27:03 AM »

Good morning Happy weekend

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #610 on: August 18, 2024, 06:13:45 PM »

Good evening  I let the day get away from me  ;D

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #611 on: August 19, 2024, 07:31:47 PM »

good evening

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #612 on: August 20, 2024, 07:19:19 PM »

good night

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #613 on: August 21, 2024, 05:50:44 PM »

good evening

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #614 on: August 22, 2024, 02:16:49 PM »

good afternoon
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 45   Go Up