Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Cheers 2024  (Read 90348 times)

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
Re: Cheers 2024
« Reply #435 on: May 28, 2024, 08:24:56 PM »

Hi tig and karen, An update from LB. Her brother is hospitalized. He's been downgraded to serious and more tests are being done.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #436 on: May 29, 2024, 06:04:32 AM »

Good morning Thanks Paulie.  I a hoping to go see my brother after work I was suppose to go yesterday but his kids were going and hes only allowed 2 visitors.  Hopefully I will get more information tonight its hard through texts he doesnt answer all my questions.  I told him to put me as main point of contact not sure if he did.  I hope he didnt put his kids as main point. you wont get the correct information from them .  He was coughing up blood the other night thats why down gradd. hes on oxygen hes having issues with lungs and heart.  I think kidneys improved
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au
New Jersey (south Jersey)

Puff

« Reply #437 on: May 29, 2024, 05:27:37 PM »

A reminder for all the bird lovers at RRP.  A repeat follows about arrangements for our 2024 ATF get together.  Also, there are repeat deadlines/rooms/dates/rates that are being held.  Chop, chop, chop                                                 
                                                    AFTER THE FLEDGE 2024

Well, here we are for another issue of After The Fledge 2024.  For some, I discovered last year, this may be your induction to the available program for room reservations, property selection, availability, and cost for our ATF get together.  I have contracted with Decorah hotels for rooms on hold for us.  Rooms are held at 4 locations at reduced rates; option deadlines are available until date indicated.  All arrangements must be made thru me, AND there is no additional charge.  Rooms are held for you using your information and credit card.  Nothing is charged until you arrive at the hotel.  You can also cancel the reservation if necessary at no charge if you do so before your arrival date.  Please call or email me if you have any other questions.  The Fledge this year is July 18 - 20, arriving July 18, departing July 21.  Additional days can be added if you prefer.

First, let me mention that there are no rooms assigned for us at Country Inn & Suites.  You are free to call and make your own reservations there.  888-405-2885.

Fairfield Inn by Marriott      10 rooms available, either 8 king or 2 queen
               at the same price:  Thursday $105, Friday $155,
               Saturday $190
               Deadline:  July 5, 2024

Hotel Winneshiek         4 rooms available, 3 king executive or
               1 king whirlpool if available, $623.84
               This is downtown location, 3 or 4 miles to nest
               Deadline:  July 16

Quality Inn & Suites         8 rooms available, 1 king or 2 queen beds
               King $175 per night, 2 Queens $165 per night
               With tax: king $668.64, queen $668.84
               Deadline:  June 18

Super8 by Wyndham      12 rooms available, ask for floor and beds
               Total for 3 nights, $654 (with tax $732.59)
               Request floor and bedding

As usual, I'll need your personal information and credit card information to hold a reservation.  Rates apply until the deadline.  Charges will not be processed until checkout.  Any further questions/issues, contact me.

Puff/LaNora         [email protected]      630-852-2108

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #438 on: May 29, 2024, 06:40:44 PM »

hi Just checking in, I just came back from seeing my brother.   He was tired.  He looked exhausted.  His hands looks like he has chicken poxfrom  all the needle marks.  He is on the cathetor only becase he is hooked up to so many iv bags etc. it woud be hard to walk to the bathroom.   He off the oxygen masc during day but he does have the oxygen tubes in nose.  (not bask but he need the bypass  Like cpap machine but stronger for sleep.  He has the same dr for his diabetes that my father has for thyroid.  Still no results. They are hoping tomorrrow the holiday weekend thew everyhing off a couple of days. I think I need to be there in morning or afternoon when doctors come to get answers.   
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #439 on: May 29, 2024, 09:02:23 PM »

LB, Awww Bless your heart. You are a good sister wanting to be there to speak with doctors to get answers. Thanks for the updates.
I didn't know your brother was diabetic too. His body went through a lot during his covid hospitalization too. My heavens!
God bless you and your brother.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #440 on: May 30, 2024, 06:47:46 AM »

Yes he is diabetic never took care of it because he iddnt have insurance.  Now he has some insurance not sure how well it is.  but he definitly will not be able to afford all th emedical expenses. If anything happens to my brother  I worry about the kids. I dont think they can live on their own. Neither have good jobs one doesnt and is alcholc.  chronic liar.  I wont get into it but its both my brother and mothers fault going back to when they were raising them

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #441 on: May 30, 2024, 09:18:06 AM »

Good Morning,

LB, You describe a frustrating past for him and his sons and currently too. That being said there's just so much you can do.
You'll feel better if you can speak with his doctor to get accurate info. Prayers continue.

We're heading to the cabin today. Will check in later if and when mountain internet is good. It does get wonky.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #442 on: May 30, 2024, 06:14:51 PM »

I went to the hospital again todaynot very good news today he has the wros type of the type  he has acute myeloid Leukembia. They were hoping for the chronic type.  Docotrs were suppose to come by today thatgs why he wanted me to come but they didnt I think he will be starting chemo tomorrow.  I wrote more questions to ask the dr and told him to hsve one of them to call me . I wantg to hea the info from them  I posted a link to what he has well a photo

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #443 on: May 30, 2024, 08:34:52 PM »

LB, So very sorry about your brother having the worse type. You are an excellent sister. Very pro-active writing questions and wanting to speak to doctors yourself.

Did this come on your brother suddenly or was he perhaps not feeling good for a while but didn't go to doctor right away?

We are at the cabin. Internet very good tonight. Weekends is when it gets wonky when family is here and everyone has phones, laptops, iPads and TV going.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #444 on: May 31, 2024, 06:31:49 AM »

Good morning thanks for askings Paulie. no its nt there for a while. he  wasnt feeling well a few weeks ago and went to er to checkdibetes and it was that at the tie he had blood work up then and it didnt show. 

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #445 on: June 01, 2024, 07:31:56 AM »

good morning

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #446 on: June 01, 2024, 09:20:19 AM »

Good Morning,

LB, I didn't know something could set in quickly like that since your brother had been to ER to check diabetes a few weeks ago and bloodwork didn't show anything at that time.

How is he doing? You mentioned he might start chemo soon.

How is your father?

We're still at cabin.

Today's #3  Easier said thanl done. That's when the adult beverage she's holding comes in handyl

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #447 on: June 01, 2024, 02:19:26 PM »

Hi Paulie, They said it could have been there but was dormant at the time. I went there this morning and I got there when all the doctors came.  I hav ccess to my chart (which is his) and say he had chest xray in the middle of the night he was bck on the bi pap machine last night. His breathing was real bad  He had fluid in his lungs.   They did give him a blood transfusion yesterday and that causes thet lungs to get wet which then develops fluids.  So  the main concern right now is to get the flidsout.  Hestart Chemo yesterday.  THat is IV chemo 1 day for  5 days a week. They do that through IV which takes about 15 minutes.  He also ntakes 1 pill a day for 28 days  That will be 1 cycle  They dont know how many cycles he will have or if each treatment will be the came.  Getting all his blood levels where they all should be will be like a puzzle. His red counts could go high/loww  which they dont want and white blood low which they wantso its a game.  They have a tenttive date of him leaving 6/4 but that all depends on how  his body reacts to treatments.  Like if he needs blood transfusoions everyday he will stay in hospital  Once he is out patient he  will have to go to the hospital 2x a week for blood transfusions. I saw some blood levels went down but not enough but only one tratment so far and of course I dont know what all the codes are for which blood cells they are and could kind tell cause it has low normal and high ranges. So I know if he is in a good spot or not.  LOL  ooh I did see he was low on magnesium when I was reading his latest test results. The dr brought it up and said they are giving him  more magnesum in his IV today cause they want it higher. I should have asked why.  I'll get better at asking the questions.  I felt so proud of myself cause I saw that in his test results and understtod.  Didnt realize they would have to give him more .    I will google later So I am definitly going togo to the hospital every saturday mornings thats when all the doctors do their rounds.  My brother said I should have become a nurse  I thinks so too maybe in my next life  ;)Thats all I can remember for now, so much iinfo. My brother seems out of it thought but hes not sleeping well. 

My dad is doing good he goes for his prostrate procedure on Tuesday. My sister is going to that appointment.  My father has a nother appoitment with surgeon on 6/13.  I am going to that one.  I took off already. He says he will be on the catheter for a couple of weeks after.  But he doesnt know. Hes more worried about my brother now but he is doing good.  He seemed a little more relief with information I gave him today about my brother.  They both still have a road ahead off them   

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #448 on: June 02, 2024, 08:21:10 AM »

Good morning 

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #449 on: June 02, 2024, 09:37:21 AM »

Hi LB, It's scary it could have been there but dormant. Great timing for you and excellent that you got to be there to speak with your brother's doctors. You learned a lot of information from them and his chart!! I think you should be very proud of yourself. You're very smart. I bet going forward you learn more including different codes. 
God bless your brother. He is going through a lot and so unexpectedly. A tentative date of June 4 for all his levels to be good seems kind of fast but I'm no doctor that's for sure.

Good that your father is doing good and moving forward with his procedure. Nice your sister can go to appointment and you on June 13.

My heavens LB. So much happening with your father and brother right now. They are both very luck to have you.

How are you doing? Do you have time for your walks? They might help you relax. Don't forget to take care of yourself too.

Yesterday Quote #2
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 48   Go Up