Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Cheers 2024  (Read 58633 times)

LBLNJ0668

Re: Cheers 2024
« Reply #450 on: June 02, 2024, 08:00:34 PM »

Hi Paulie  I walked friday and today.  1 mile each day. Its more humid today so I idnt push myself.     I work in the office  for the next 2 weeks. Not thrilled about that.   

My brother is starting to het out of it from the chemo.  He doesnt remeber much .  He has bad night last night but more stable todya. Ididnt see him.  Tomorrow I have a dentist appointment after work so  not sure if I will get ther tomorrow night.  I will definitly go Tuesday after work
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au
New Jersey (south Jersey)

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #451 on: June 03, 2024, 12:41:04 PM »

Hi LB, Good to your walks. True don't push yourself in humidity. Aww geez to being in office the next 2 weeks. Hopefully they somehow go fast for you.

God bless your brother. Prayers continue. He'll be glad to see you tomorrow. I hope you have a good dental appt after work.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #452 on: June 03, 2024, 06:29:07 PM »

Hi to make long story shrt. MY brother is now in ICU and may need kyndey Dialysis .  They are doing other options first but more like they will put him on dialysis  the next 48 hours is crucial.   I think  he is in this state
Delirium is a serious change in mental abilities. It results in confused thinking and a lack of awareness of someone's surroundings. The disorder usually comes on fast — within hours or a few days.

Delirium can often be traced to one or more factors. Factors may include a severe or long illness or an imbalance in the body, such as low sodium. The disorder also may be caused by certain medicines, infection, surgery, or alcohol or drug use or withdrawal.

Symptoms of delirium are sometimes confused with symptoms of dementia. Health care providers may rely on input from a family member or caregiver to diagnose the disorder.
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #453 on: June 03, 2024, 09:00:24 PM »

Oh my heavens Lori!! All of this is happening out of the blue and so quickly to your brother!!

I know from caring for my mother-in-law years ago that medications can cause delirium.
This happened to your brother shortly after he was hospitalized and after his chemo treatments began if I remember correctly.

How is your father handling the news? Prayers for him and his prostrate procedure tomorrow.  Good that your sister will be with your father so you can concentrate on your brother when you visit him after work like you said yesterday unless you go sooner.

Prayers for your family and you too.  :-*

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #454 on: June 04, 2024, 06:06:47 PM »

Hi Pauie,  I called the nurses station at 700 on my way to work and he SLEPT!!!!! Some improvemnt with my brother today. I spoke with him a little but on phone and one of his friends came so we got off. Still out of it though. I went to see him after work. ONly stayed 30 min he was sleeping But the kidney dr came to check on him, No dialysis as of yet he said they are still playing it day by day but he is pleased in how he is responding to the medicine  He peed 1.5 lts last night the dr was happy with that as well.  He ate 3/4 of his pancakes this morning.  THe deliurium started a couple days or the day after he started chemo.  Today is his last day of the IV Chemo but still on the pills for 28 days.  That is the first cycle  Depending how he responds is how they will proceed. They did say this can take months

My father is ok he visits him almost everyday.  He was happy my brother was more coherient. today.  MY father didnt have his treatment. The stupid place never put his appointmne tin the books.  so thye didnt have on record.  so now he has  to wait until 6/19. He's not happy about that but I think he is handling th ecatherter better now cause my brother is taking his mind away from the cathetor. 

I will  go see my brother saturday morning and catch the drs then They do their rounds in the morning . LOL 
« Last Edit: June 04, 2024, 06:25:36 PM by LBLNJ0668 »

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #455 on: June 04, 2024, 08:49:15 PM »

Hi back at you LB after a long day at work .. in office yet for you. Very good that you were able to see your brother after work. My heavens he's going through he**. Good news his urologist was pleased. Thank heavens this is his last day for IV chemo. Hopefully he improves when on just the pills. Oh my to this being the first cycle for him. Sounds like aggressive treatment but if that is what it takes ......

Awww to your father visiting every day. Such a good father. No way about him not having his appointment today because of time error! Darn it!! Well look at it this way. Everything happens for a reason so for whatever it is what it is. Good about your brother's situation distracting your father.

karengramke

« Reply #456 on: June 05, 2024, 08:05:14 AM »

Prayers for your family, lb

jicaji

« Reply #457 on: June 05, 2024, 08:42:54 AM »

Good morning

LB...My prayers continue for your dad, brother and of course you.  So much on your plate.  I know God will give you and your family the strength to get through.

Hi Paulie...Hope all is well with you and family.

Hi Karengramke, nice to "see" you in Cheers.

Yesterday, a big black bear went strolling by about 10 feet from behind my grandson in his driveway....Luckily my SIL was out there talking to him and both quickly ran into the garage. Thankfully the bear continued on his way.  Whew.

Such a beautiful morning here.  Had my coffee on the deck just listening to the sounds of nature, including some turkeys out back.  A nice way to start the day.

Never, never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way. Martin Luther King Jr.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #458 on: June 05, 2024, 06:56:17 PM »

Oh mY I iddnt realize I posgt the same posts yesterday as I did the day before. sorry!!! Today will be different Thanks Karen.  HI Jacaji!! A bear!!! wow there are quite a few bear being seen here too. probably cause we keep taking their land away building stupid warehouses!!!! I saw my brother todsy so muchbetter!!!! We were able to have a conversation!!!!  He was upand eating. no drs today  He actually had tv on too!!!! He never wanted the TV on. Oh his trestment may be different no he mentions shots.  Hopefully chemo dr comes by when I am there saturday morning.  I would like to know what is happening hes still kind of wishy washy but he says no iv they were shots.   So maybe  they decided treat treatmnets One of his high school friends was there when I got there. I told him I am taking a break tommorrow but I always end up going but I need to get some things done here. 

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #459 on: June 06, 2024, 08:30:21 AM »

Good Morning  :)

Hi Karen! Good to see you. I thought of you recently when I discovered a robin, after many numerous attempts, has successfully built a nest on the light fixture about my front door. Mama Robin isn't happy at times when we go in and out. The nest is pretty high up.

Hi jicaji, Yes Whew!! to the big black bear so near to your grandson and SIL! Good that he kept strolling along.

Your morning coffee while on the deck sounds pleasant and relaxing. Cool to the wild turnkeys.

Hi LB, Yay to better and good news about your brother! I'm happy for him, you and your father. That takes some stress off of each of you. Would one of his nurses have the info you're wondering about in his chart maybe before you get to see his doctor?

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #460 on: June 06, 2024, 06:11:20 PM »

Good knews today  for my brother.  He is off of insulin through IV Theynow do shots. Kidneys are fine.  He may go up stars to the  regular cancer ward tomorrow.   PT will come Monday social worker came today and will come again tomorrow. His chemo treatment i sdiffernt than thye initially sid . It is 7 days of shots which today was the last day and the 28 days of pills.  He was fine  this morning but he seemed  little cranky when I was talking to my  nephew. His phone break yesterday and his kids were suppose to get him a new one today but the one thing they are good at his procrasinate. So I think that is why he is cranky.  He only can receive calls nothing else . I would be going nuts as well.  I didnt see him today I may skip tomorrow and go saturday morning. I will see how I feel. 

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #461 on: June 06, 2024, 08:45:38 PM »

Nice! Good news update on your brother, LB. My heavens after all he's been through and now his phone broke he can be cranky. I hope his son's take him a new phone tomorrow.

You not visiting him tomorrow and going Saturday sounds good. You must take care of and look out for yourself too, LB.  :) Besides Saturday is when you were hoping to speak with doctors.

Letting you know we're heading to cabin tomorrow morning. Do you remember my busy month of June family birthdays?
June 2 My SIL .. June 9 My oldest daughter .. June 15 My oldest granddaughter 17 this year! .. June 16 My husband & Father's Day .. June 18 my oldest son. Whew!! After all the birthdays I'm exhausted and broke!!

Anyway if mountain internet cooperates and some down time there I'll check in here.

I hope you've been sleeping better.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #462 on: June 07, 2024, 04:34:09 PM »

Wow a lot of Birthdays Paulie, YOu can squeeze my birthday in there somewherre!!!  LOL  He still wasnt transfered to room and the 28 day cycle for pil chemo starts tomorrow. different than wht they say I guess they dont wan tto do both at same time. I am doing laudry tonight and some cleaning.  I work in office again next week. I definily dont like this new schedule. 

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #463 on: June 08, 2024, 07:06:35 AM »

good morning, My brother is in a regular room.  No more ICU or serious room  He's in the cancer ward of course.  Hopefully he slept he cdidnt the night before

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #464 on: June 08, 2024, 02:29:28 PM »

PAULIE   I presume all your skin eruptions are being handled by the steroid and clearing things up?

LBLN  I am so sorry to hear about your brother and all of his medical issues including the new AML diagnosis.  Prayers that Dad can hang in there too.  Lots of stress in the family now.  Easy to say but hard to do often is " Surrender and give it all to God to take care of."  You are all in my prayers.  Bro is lucky to have you  :-*
Chicagoland
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 35   Go Up