Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Cheers 2024  (Read 85215 times)

LBLNJ0668

Re: Cheers 2024
« Reply #210 on: March 03, 2024, 07:24:02 AM »

Good morning sunny and in 60's today. Having my coffee then will walk Copper. then back to work I go. well from home.  I did about 30 material out of 300 but I did th epresentation  I need to clean too today  well I am busy lol
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au
New Jersey (south Jersey)

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #211 on: March 03, 2024, 07:27:09 PM »

Hi jicaji, Thank you for prayers for Charlie. Much appreciated.

ICD shock recovery I imagine is the same for all. For Charlie the shock initially takes his breath away .. then sitting while adjusting to heart resuming natural rhythm. It's scary and exhausting for him. It's important for the person to stay calm afterwards. (Not easy for him trust me so that's when I get to work calming him.)  BP resumes to normal etc after shock does what it was supposed to.

That's when I call cardiologist to report his shock. If color to his face resumes to good and breathing is normal with no chest pains then he's to relax and we go to cardio Dr office next day. If there would be additional shock(s) then go to ER immediately.

If standing it knocks him off balance then down. We were told if someone is sitting on a stool it could knock them off. Luckily prior to his shocks he has a light headed strange feeling so we know for him to try to sit down immediately if possible. Most shocks he's been sitting. He's had his ICD since 2006 and it has saved his life many times. Gives me chills thinking about it and very grateful.

Cool about your Blue Birds! Yep sounds like time for you to get mealworms. Do you have Blue Bird houses?

Oh I'm sure you and Violet had fun baking cookies!! Very nice she got the recipe from a library children's book.

Oh Poppy is the German Shepherd. Cute name! Sad when happened to Poppy but she's very lucky she's with a loving family.
I'm sure you loved cuddling with her!

The brunch you had with co-workers sounds really nice and pleasant.

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #212 on: March 03, 2024, 07:37:38 PM »

Hi LB, Whoa!! You've got an appointment the end of March with other knee surgeon!! I didn't realize you were ready to have your other knee replaced so soon.

Sad about baby squirrel.

That's really good your boss and manager were both available to answer questions on the weekend. Agreed it's nice they know that you're willing to work weekends. Shows good work ethics. Good for you.

Nice dream cabins!!

You having coffee then walking Copper this pretty Sunday morning sounds pleasant.  Nice also you got outside to enjoy before resuming work today. Wow 300 to do. Good you got 30 done yesterday and presentation too.

Geez you sure were busy today with cleaning too. You accomplished a lot so that should feel good.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #213 on: March 03, 2024, 08:08:05 PM »

hey I am posting now I have a feeling tomorrow am will be busy.  I have my yearly review at 9am I got up to 70 materials that I reviewed  I worked on and off all day today.
 Finally stopped for good around 700. 
I cleaned the inside of my car desperately needed.  I cleaned the inside window as well.  I had so much junk thrown all over the place.   I threw it all out!!!

I walked copper 3x today definilty a beutiful day.   Oh I am not planning on doing my surgery until September.  I just want to tal t o him to see if he will do and if sept is a good time.  I still want to give the left knee more time to heal.  The tightness in calf is slowly improving.  The knumbess in knee is still there. I heard that takes forever to go away due to all the nerves need to heal. 
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #214 on: March 04, 2024, 10:02:27 AM »

Good Morning .... and another beautiful sunny warm day.  :)

LB, You got a lot accomplished yesterday!! Good luck with your review. It should be a very good one.

Thanks for explaining your wait for next surgery but I still say wow that you're planning it already. You go girl!

#s 1 and 4

Yesterday I got LOTS of outside lawn and garden clean up done. One of my granddaughter's 14 helped with lots of bending and picking up lots of branches and debris on grass front and backyard from the many days of high winds.

My left knee and hip were not happy last night. Oh well I got good exercise otherwise.

Today is another beautiful day so plan to get more garden clean up done.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #215 on: March 04, 2024, 08:00:49 PM »

Hello  yes just finished work a little bit ago.  I worked went to pt then did more of th ereport. almost 1/2 way done. Oh I didint have my review I got meetings mixed up. It will be next week.  tomorrow I have 90 min meeting with another dept.  WE had to work on that today and then I have 90 min triaing so I only have about 4 hours in morning to get my work done  wow I went from 1 extreme of no work to so much work.  I am enjoying it though but stressed because I am putting so much presure on myself to get ev erything done.  it's like when it rains it pours.  speaking of tomorrow is going to be rainy.  LOL Now I have the hiccups.   LOL  I am thinking of not going to PT they said I would be working on balancing and the steps and so far we havent so why should I go 2x a week to do the same exercises that doesnt pertain to balancing or steps

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #216 on: March 04, 2024, 08:36:11 PM »

LB, You definitely went from one extreme to the other! In a good way. When things settle down for you your work days should go faster for you. They probably already are. It's better than those long boring days for sure. You've sure had some very busy days lately with work and personal things to do!!

Interesting about PT. Maybe call them to say you're thinking of stopping since they aren't having you work on balancing and steps? Or maybe they think you still need PT in other area? It's worth asking. Just a suggestion.

I hope you're sleeping better after your much busier days.

Same here tomorrow with rain. Wednesday too. At least rain is mixing with sunny warmer weather. Yay!

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #217 on: March 05, 2024, 06:22:15 AM »

Good morning Copper decided I ddidnt need to sleep last night woke me up at 300 then again at 600 so here I am LOL Out of all the days I need sleep  he would wake me up 2x.   LOL  I am cancelling tomorrows PT since busy at work and not doing what they said they will I will ask next week about the balalncing and exercising exercises. I think I do  see a dr PT personMaybe I wil ldo the steps on  my own  at home I hav e a stepper I can use. 

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #218 on: March 05, 2024, 08:24:01 AM »

Good Morning. 

Brrr chilly and raining. I had an early morning errand to do. Glad to be back inside warm and definitely with my coffee!  :)

LB, Darn it to Copper. Your PT decision makes sense.

Are you working from home or in office this week?

jicaji

« Reply #219 on: March 05, 2024, 11:07:53 AM »

Hi

Rainy and chilly here too and tomorrow as well.  Oh well, makes the grass nice and green and the plants pop up.

LB  Sorry Copper is keeping you up at night.  I remember those nights as well with RIzzo...

Paulie...Still have a few bluebirds flying around by the feeders.  Can't wait for the hummingbirds to start feeding  Couple more months I guess.

Having trouble signing on my FB.  I'm thinking I'll just close it out.  Pain in the arse anyway >:(

Looking at outside Ring cameras today.  Thanks for the info  :-\

Have a good week guys.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2024, 11:09:54 AM by jicaji »
Never, never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way. Martin Luther King Jr.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #220 on: March 05, 2024, 06:08:03 PM »

Hi just finshed work I still need to finish updates but decided for a break tonight.  I had training today. so a step closer.  I created a few pos some of the work instructions is messed up so I need to fix it  I vounteered to be on call for 2 sundays because production is working those days so I will be available those days they will give me an extra day off. I'll take it. oooo I saw a blue Jay yesterday morning. Hopefully copper lets me sleep tonight the sleepiness is catching up  I am working from home this week. that schedue is going to chnage mid APril
Hi Jacaji!!! Rainy here too today
« Last Edit: March 05, 2024, 06:09:47 PM by LBLNJ0668 »

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #221 on: March 05, 2024, 08:34:11 PM »

jicaji  ;D  Yep we're each sharing the same weather with our locations.

Cool about your Bluebirds. So pretty. And yes yay to Hummingbirds (your fairies) in a couple months. We're getting there!

About your Facebook. I heard on the morning news both Facebook and Instagram (I think) were down for a while. Lol to your "pain in the arse."

You're welcome about the Ring info. Just go basic if you want with not all the bells and whistles. Mine here at home just records video. You set up the area you want to set the cam to record. Also has sound turn on/off and a tab I can tap on my phone if I want to talk to whoever is at the front door. Basic. No doorbell or other things.

You have a good week too ... but don't stay away for a week.  :D

« Last Edit: March 05, 2024, 08:40:03 PM by paulie »

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #222 on: March 05, 2024, 08:39:46 PM »

LB, You sure are busy with work and now you've signed up to be on call for 2 Sundays. Kudos to you. And you'll get an extra day off. Nice!

Nice you saw a Blue Jay! Take peanuts in shell with you on walks. They love peanuts. You probably already do for the squirrels.

You sure do need a good night's sleep. I hope Copper cooperates. Good you're working from home this week being so tired. Being home helps!

#s 1 and 4

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #223 on: March 06, 2024, 06:57:19 AM »

Good morning  yes copper woke me up again .   I did cut his water maybe I di dto eliminate it but I tried to do that once and he kept barking at me,  He is demanding

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #224 on: March 06, 2024, 08:13:08 AM »

Good Morning,

Darn it LB to your sleep. Copper sure is demanding and stubborn. I remember when you tried to change his water routine before. I wonder if you'd be more stubborn and not give him his way if he'd stop. That is if you can put up with his barking.

#4 Good 'ol days for sure. For me it was ice skates not roller skates.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 46   Go Up