Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 678379 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #8430 on: October 17, 2024, 12:24:19 AM »

Clynn, beautiful morning pics, love the acorn wreath... love the rolling fog over the Blue Mountains, stunning fall colors.... lovely knitted sweater piece by Nr.... beautiful old building, how wonderful the coffee house is being restored.

Phyl, beautiful nature video.... oh my, the lab with the pumpkin head. LOL!  ;D... the October moon always seems to be the best moon of the whole year. Thanks for link to the Hunter's Moon.... I hope your knee isn't too sore after your pt today.... beautiful pics of Audacity and Jak... love the good night witch  ;D

Hi Tig Mike Rowe's book ought to be a fun read.  ;D. Take care.

Karen, glad to hear of they found the owner of Trooper, and was arrested.... you will enjoy lovely winter flowers.... such a sad and yet powerful pic of that part of Asheville.

Lisa, thanks for posting fb pic for Karen.

Tsk, Sadie was exhausted after her bath, and spent the rest of the day napping. Enjoy Paint Night. Looking forward to hearing about it.

Oldguy, how sad about Zoom  :'( ... thanks for links.

Hi Baz, Puff[, BL/b]  :)

Kb, pretty early evening pic.

Blschue, how wonderful to see your post... darling pic of your beautiful great grandson.  ;D

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tim and Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tig, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles and Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Tsk and Tim, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen and Piper, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Baz and family, Eagle and family, Tsk's DIL Amy, Puff, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For those lost, pets, and the survivors from Hurricane Helene, and their rescuers,  tHellgate Osprey Antali, Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #8431 on: October 17, 2024, 06:08:09 AM »

Good Morning Everyone!

'Bell, Book and Candle' (1958)

Currently: 65F cloudy , High  69F mostly,  with  Low 64F

Hope everyone had a pleasant evening and some SEDs.
Praying for  SWFL and  Ft. Myers nests  .

Lani Good Night kitty and MomCat is cute

Kb  pretty,  early evening snap

Blschue great to see your post... sweet snap of  your handsome  new great grandson

Prayers for:  Victims of Hurricanes Milton and  Helene . And, those who rescue them; SWFL and  Ft. Myers nests  and  those in the path of Tropical Storm  Milton ;The Fallen of Abbey Gate, Vietnam, Korean Conflict, WWI and II; Police and First Responders.  Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.   'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . As always, Beakers, Cheerios and RRP and families.🙏 s

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #8432 on: October 17, 2024, 06:13:25 AM »

Sauces bald eagle cam

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #8433 on: October 17, 2024, 07:30:56 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, love the 365, the views of the French countryside and mountains, and the sounds of the migrating cranes...  40 here, high 70 today. How are things in Cane Ridge?
Great pic of the Sauces nest, praying for a good year for them, they are a beautiful couple!  Love your good night picture, and I can also drive a stick!

Lani, awww, sweet Sadie, all pooped out after her spa day! Hope you and Mike are doing well! Is all your firewising done? I am going to check out the coffee house when we go to Mom's in a couple weeks. Hope it's open, it's the only place you can get a latte in Albion!  I like a latte now and then!

blschue, love the pic of your new Great Grandson!

baz, the damage in the mountains hit by Helene must be indescribable. I read that they have opened almost 200 of the 469 miles of the Blue Ridge Parkway, none in North Carolina or Virginia have opened. This must be a terrible blow to all those who depend on the Autumn visitors for their livelihood. Prayers for all affected by Helene...

oldguy, thanks for all the entertainment! Going through it now!

tsk, never heard of a 'paint night', looking forward to hearing about it!  I am sure it was a good time!

karen, I have been to the River Arts District in Ashville, it's very sad to lose all of that... Here are more pictures:  https://www.citizen-times.com/picture-gallery/news/local/2024/09/29/river-arts-district-asheville-flooding/75442009007/

tig, let's hope all is covered now and you can just relax!

Anytime is good time to visit McGregor, Iowa. Fall colors in McGregor, Iowa taken on Saturday Oct 12,2024.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8434 on: October 17, 2024, 08:02:32 AM »

LISA  About 15 people there.  My first time doing this and so out of the box for me but was fun.  Met some new people which is always good.  Fun part is seeing how others observe and interpret the "painting" presented.  Tim said "Did you paint that?"  LOLOL  think they will do another one in January.  :)

TIG  Lots to catch up on from your vacation and anniversary weekend  LOL  I plan on reading Peggy's new book as well.  On order.  She's hysterical and even more so live. ;D

OLDGUY  Read the Clark FB entry last night - What a time to be "on the road"   :o  Interesting trip Claire had to Indonesia.  AWWW  Sad about Zoom who sure lived longer than expected.  :(

BAZI  Boy that is some tree loss along parts of the BRH  :o   Will take years and years to restore.

BISCHUE   So glad to see you!!  What a cute little Henry!!!  Hope she doesn't live too far away so that you can see this cutie pie more often.. :)

CLYNN   There are places - we have one in town - where groups can go - like a ladies night - sip wine have cheese and sit at a table with a small "canvas"  maybe 8x10 and "copy" or "interpret" a picture on a big screen and smaller version at your table with acrylics that are squeezed onto your palate ( paper plate  LOL), You're given brushes and proceed.  This one was at our mission church but it can be a business for some.   Those pictures are so hard to look at.
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #8435 on: October 17, 2024, 09:23:48 AM »

Awe, a speed-skating Steller's Eagle...this out of the comedy photography awards. but, I just love the Steller's eagle  and reminds me of my cousin who is an Olympic medal winner in speed-skating.

LisaG1967

« Reply #8436 on: October 17, 2024, 09:53:33 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

tig - Hope your bags of gold turned out great. 

oldguy - Glad to hear that all your YT creators made out ok with the storm.  Thanks for the videos. 

Phyl - Sorry about your post poofing last evening!  Thanks for the 365.

kb - Great pic of the Steller's eagle skating!  Hope the home repairs go smoothly.

blschue - Henry is adorable! 

Lani - Love your good night pic.

clynn - Love your morning cuppa!  Wow, the trees in McGregor, IA, gorgeous.

tsk - I am glad to hear you enjoyed paint night.  I remember the one paint night I went to, the people at the table next to us were having a lil too much to drink.  Their painting looked nothing like what it was supposed to look like!  ;D ;D

Puff, tig, karen and all -Morning  :)

Puff

« Reply #8437 on: October 17, 2024, 10:06:13 AM »

Short break in the routine - went to see close friend in AZ for one day.  1965 we graduated CTC at same time.  Me, business ed, she, special ed.  CTC = Chicago Teacher College.  Fed program under Manpower Program, function of Chicago Public Schools.  Teachers teaching new teachers, to teach in public schools.  What a concept!  It was working tooooo well, therefore they ended the program.

Anyway they moved to AZ (Sun City) west in 1980's.  We kept in touch always good friends.  About a month ago I thought this is wrong.  Called Maribeth up to ask if she was free for lunch on the 15th, this month.  What the heck - I had the mileage.   ???  She said what?  Yep, flew out on Monday, had lunch on Tuesday, flew home yesterday.  WHAT A GREAT TIME!   WHAT A GOOD IDEA!  We shouldn't have waited this long.  She said she'd never call me crazy again.

P

Phyl

« Reply #8438 on: October 17, 2024, 10:11:12 AM »

CLynn house in your AM post sure went 'all out' for the 31st. Impressive.   LOL,  in reality, I can drive a stick too.
Awesome  Fall colors in McGregor, Iowa Tks

Tsk  I've heard of 'Paint Nights' . Glad you enjoyed it. 

KB fantastic photo of speed-skating Steller's Eagle.

Lisa coffee looks good---been busy doing my PT  so not had time for a cup. But. will soon!

OG -  I may have missed some 'things' in your last post---Glad to hear you YT  team made they're way out of the storm.  Thanks /enjoyed  videos- didn't watch 'Zoom'

Puff  glad you could reunite with a close friend -amazing lunch.

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #8439 on: October 17, 2024, 10:14:08 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

October 16, 2024: Trempealeau Eagles, Decorah North, and the Flyway!

https://www.raptorresource.org/2024/10/16/october-16-2024-trempealeau-eagles-decorah-north-and-the-flyway/

Sauces bald eagle cam

karengramke

« Reply #8440 on: October 17, 2024, 10:19:20 AM »

Thanks for the article of the Arts District in Asheville.   I have been reading articles on the flood and have to say this flood is more than the normal out of the banks river flood we often have read about. i do not know how to explain it but the entire region has been affected and those in the mountains as well as those on the river bottom are all dealing with major issues.     The water system for Buncomb County has not operated until now.  It is still however a work of progress getting  it operational.  You all have heard the saying, water ,water everywhere and nit a drop to drink?   That us a out right!   Schools remain closed.  Roads from I 40, I 26 to small mountain paths remain washed out or blocked with debris.  Communications are just now coming back in places, drug stores that are open, including a few Publix are cash only!  The hospital in Asheville has had water trucked in , in water tank trucks as well as water in bottles!   It must be similar to living in a bombed out war zone, but…the bombing has stopped.    I guess that simply stated this is not a localized issue but a total regional  issue!   One has to wonder about the wild life as well.
Enough of my ranting!  I was assigned to work Katrina but this is worse!
Bischue, a darling portrait of your great grandson!  Enjoy him!
NR , would love to see a picture of  the finished project!
Going to vote this afternoon!
Lol Puff.  I used  ff miles to go to LA once to see a Chicago hairdresser who I thought did a fantastic job!  He had relocated there from Chicago.  Took red eye there and back!   Great use
Of miles. 
Tsk, the Art Center has those paint and wine functions here!  Well attended.
Lisa. Love white pumpkins.   Going to get mine out.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2024, 05:36:47 PM by karengramke »

karengramke

« Reply #8442 on: October 17, 2024, 11:11:57 AM »

Thanks Lisa! Mexokains tge water

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #8443 on: October 17, 2024, 11:51:45 AM »

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Our 4th new washing machine in this home will be delivered any moment.  :-\
Yes, 4th! And we've only lived here 11 years! There has been lots going on in the beak
so I didn't share the news.... oh well, let's see how long this Maytag lasts. We got a 5 year warranty.

Lots of towels to wash today!
So, have a good day everyone, I'll be back.

Clynn, yes, it's firewise time for me too. Yesterday, I did 4 - 50 gl bags of debri and filled our trash bin with branches.
I have one more area to tackle a few more low pine branches and I'll be done.  :P

« Last Edit: October 17, 2024, 11:57:48 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #8444 on: October 17, 2024, 12:02:28 PM »

This is the 2nd week I've been at my granddaughter's cooking, etc, spoiling greatgrandson.I have to go home Sunday. Had to share a picture of my 3 week old great grandson.

Blschue, that sounds like a wonderful visit, and your new great grandson, Henry, is the sweetest-looking new little cherub!!  :) :-* :-*
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center