Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 542800 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #7680 on: September 16, 2024, 07:29:46 AM »

BL  You might know  - the one day when you are still R&Ring  - problems with televising the football game.  Arghh
 Had to Google sugar glider - YIKES  I would have jumped a mile  :o :o

BAZI   Fascinating link!!  Mostly warblers over my county last night  ;) ;)  Didn't realize how many migrated during the night.

KAREN  They stay in Ephraim which is about half way up the Peninsula on the Green Bay side.  Last time, they rented a pontoon boat and went fishing.  Their weather should be good for that.  I'll find out later   ;) ;)

KB   Pretty popular event 1 block from you.  Lots of people look forward to it as I can see.  Heat would have kept me away as well.

LANI   Had my mini Snickers Blizzard last night - heaven  LOL    Was in and out of the Chiefs game - Had to watch with the TV muted  LOL  Glad they won.    Did not know that about Gitche Gumee.  :o    Same here with the Warner Bros cartoon   ;D ;D    Hellgate nest quiet - Could this be it??

CLYNN  Mauve/lavendar AM  ;D    Very familiar with that poem as well as a child.  Moab - Always wonder how they got the road there  :-\ ???
PHYL    365   Calm and peaceful  :)   Enjoyed the "tiny houses"  :)
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #7681 on: September 16, 2024, 08:07:19 AM »

Tsk  can you believe those are  fancy storage sheds.  ???      That's a big 'pink' bird this AM.   
CLynn  see you're in 'the Pink' today ; remember the 'Gitche Gumee" poem from grade school

Lisa   :)

{{{Karen}}}  sorry your back's not improved. Pets to Piper

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

kbshcb

« Reply #7682 on: September 16, 2024, 08:07:52 AM »

Phyl - indeed I am always grateful when it's over, including when I walk some of it myself.

Thankfully, I had the A/C on almost constantly yesterday which muted the sounds.

Lots of traffic on my street therefore, and bands playing music up and down the 7 blocks.

During 2020 it was cancelled due to Covid. It's taken a full 4 years to fully recover like this year.
More bands and food vendors I hear this year and people!

Sugar gliders: I remember when a patient of mine told me his daughter wanted to buy one as a pet. I'm not even sure if that's legal. We have flying squirrels here and people frequently post pics of them.
They aren't the same as sugar gliders though.

another hot one today. Will be watering today, grr. Rains head in at the end of the week which is good news as it's been hot and dry now for weeks.

Yesterday, close to 90 with high dew points. Similar most of this week. Our average temps this time of year are low 70's for highs and mid 50's for lows...We have a ways to go before average temps come in.

Phyl

« Reply #7683 on: September 16, 2024, 08:17:47 AM »

{{{KB}}} the good 'ol  A/C does alot more than cool. LOL
I'll have  folks combing the streets here for the Community Yard Sale  the first weekend in October.
Must say we have a nice bunch every year.
Never heard of 'Sugar Gliders. So looked them up on Wiki. Cute little possums

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #7684 on: September 16, 2024, 08:20:16 AM »

Sauces bald eagle cam

oldguy

« Reply #7685 on: September 16, 2024, 09:12:53 AM »

My introduction to Gitchi Gumee was from this song...

Gordon Lightfoot - Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGWwCX8_J8U
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Puff

« Reply #7686 on: September 16, 2024, 10:03:59 AM »

Paulie  I made myself a note - but I think I still forgot to answer your questions to me re the cataract surgery.

Yes, there was a followup treatment with the prep meds - but it also had to go with the new times for the second eye.  I was told to start back in a week to prepare for that one.  And then to finish off after the second eye with any remaining prescription.

Is there already a date scheduled for the second?

P

LisaG1967

« Reply #7687 on: September 16, 2024, 10:06:06 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

I was a lil busy yesterday, and forgot to get back here.  I am already three pages behind.  :o

Phyl - Glad to hear that the egg drop soup helped.  I hope you are feeling better.  Thanks for the 365.

tig - Sounds like a nice anniversary you and Camper had. 

kb - Love that pic of the osprey.

Lani - Nice pics of Iris on the nest for her visit.  Wow, those pics of the sky from Hellgate!

baz - I love the steamed crabs fresh out of the steamer, too.  Yum!  Stay safe with the weather headed your way!

tsk - Gotcha on the dosage.  I wish I was a weekly, and not a daily.  Sounds like you had a very busy day, hope you relaxed some. 

BrokenLug - Sounds like my cable co!  I hope we don't have the same one.  :-\

karen - I missed the game, but Jeff did tell me about it.

clynn - Another beautiful pic to add to my list....Moab, Utah  Love all your morning pics and colors!

I hope I am caught up, but I feel like I have forgot something.

Puff

« Reply #7688 on: September 16, 2024, 10:39:24 AM »

I found the Utah drive verrrry interesting too, Lisa.  Had to make a copy to share with one of the street people, uh block people Friday.  One lady has a partner, a pro movie filmer (cinematographer?), does the filming, but also loves the sites of the world.  Ya know that got me/us started comparing notes.  I had just checked the Beak and saw the Moab - had to make a copy so they can see my latest must go see/drive.  Thanks for posting the Moab paulie.  I'll share the pic copy with them.

My fav memories of Utah - Dad was born in Salt Lake City.  I also remember, maybe I was about 12, when we took one of our frequent rides back west.  We drove up to see the Lake.  At that time there was still something to see.  Mostly evaporated away now.  Anyway we took play time in the water - when we got out and dried our legs were white, paper white.  Felt real funny too as I recall.   :o

Nice too was to meet Erica's friend.  His heritage is Asian Indian, and Chinese.  He's seen some great parts of the world.

Two mysteries, how did that salted water lake get there?  Another puzzler - they have found seashells in the desert in Arizona. 

P

« Last Edit: September 16, 2024, 10:43:55 AM by Puff »

karengramke

« Reply #7689 on: September 16, 2024, 11:52:56 AM »

Good Afternoon!  Same, same here, humid and achy back! 
Learned the poem in grade school and also heard the song!   Fun way to learn
History.

H

oldguy

« Reply #7690 on: September 16, 2024, 12:00:39 PM »

Here is an interesting video on the ancient history of western US that gives one a picture of how the salt beds of Utah got there.

How Geologists Discovered and Mapped a Great Seaway   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCPnUAAOuDg
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7691 on: September 16, 2024, 12:01:00 PM »

PHYL   Those were storage sheds???  Someone has quite an imagination.  ;D

KB  Supposed to hit 90 here today

OLDGUY   Good recollection of Gitche Gumee

PUFF   One of our camping trips included Salt Lake City.  Dad could never swim or float - But he did float in the Great Salt lake .  We kids really thought that was funny  ;D

Got my Covid shot this AM  :P
Chicagoland

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #7692 on: September 16, 2024, 12:06:47 PM »

7:37:35am. 9/16 Iris flew to the nest and sounded an alert. She called for a fish and flew at 07:39:53.
2 minutes and 18 seconds with the Queen is pure bliss.

9:55am, 9/16   Finnegan, enjoying fish on the owl pole   #HellgateOsprey

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #7693 on: September 16, 2024, 03:11:45 PM »

All good at my house... glug glug... lots and lots and lots of rain, and wind... higher gusts were at 60 mph officially in town, and higher at the beaches... over 9 inhes of rain in 6 hrs earlier today, and counting, just to my west. And 13-plus inches of rain in the last 12 hours, and counting, immediately to my south (by about 4 or 5 miles or less), and probably more than half that amount has fallen so far at my house, though I don't have a specific measurement yet. It's still raining, and the weather radio just blared another flood warning for my area, and said to expect another 3 inches of rain. I'm sure some nearby places will get more, where the bands have been the heaviest and training over the same places for hours upon hours. Clynn, yes, I wish it could be falling on all those awful wildfires! . Lots of roads closed due to water on them, including a main US Hwy between here and Myrtle Beach, in both directions, due to water on it. Main road in a nearby beach town has 3 feet of water on it, from raining, not storm surge. Flash flooding all around. Water in structures and cars in many places. My power has not gone out, so far. Yay. My home and car is above the high water mark. Yay. A number of tornado reports - none came closer to me than about 3 miles, so far, fingers crossed. Not sure if any caused any significant damage, and no reports of such so far, so hopeful no one's property or lives were affected by those tropical tornadoes. I am safe and dry.

Prayers for all in the path of the severe storms. Prayers for all in the path of the horrible fires out west.

Take care, Beakers. Hugs all around.  :-*

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

LisaG1967

« Reply #7694 on: September 16, 2024, 03:30:09 PM »

baz - Stay safe!

Lani - Thanks for the Hellgate pics  :)

tsk - Any soreness from this Covid shot?

karen - Hope your back feel better soon!