Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 538074 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #7065 on: August 24, 2024, 01:12:12 PM »

kb - That is great news from NASA about the astronauts.

tig - Sounds like you have been busy today.  Getting ready for the trip?

oldguy
- Thanks for the videos.

Lani - One cool kitty!

Phyl - Thanks for the hurricane info, and the 365

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7066 on: August 24, 2024, 03:03:43 PM »

CLYNN   Glad the original dealership will stand by the product.  Maybe I messed the fact that when you got the car there the light wouldn't go on???     The horrors of dealing with a discharge on a Saturday are drink worthy - but it is too early.  Home by 1:15.
Love Lani's wedding photo  ;D   Furry Friends Rescue - Hysterical and so glad they posted that LOLOL

LISA   Tim has a very low pain tolerance!  The wound is about 2" and deep which is why the doc told him it would take maybe two weeks to heal.  It's going to be a long 2 weeks.    LOL  Jeff's long lashes.  Mine are long too but with my eye lid drops you can't even see them anymore.

PHYL   quiet day 365  :)   spy - pigeon or cat... ::)

KB   Felt bad for the queen of the night flower.  :(   Very interesting about the "stand alone" wolf/dog esp when seeing the 3 together.
Just heard that about the Feb rescue.

OLDGUY   Cave piece was fascinating.
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #7067 on: August 24, 2024, 03:48:59 PM »

As of an hour ago, the astronauts will not be coming home until February!  Stay tuned!   Maybe Santa Clause can make an unexpected stop and bring them back for Christmas!  Boring has had way too many issues!

Thanks for the videos, old Guy!  Interesting caves!

Tsk,  Tim  is home!   Lol, a long two weeks! The Cute first day if school pictures.  Bella is a Sassy Miss!   Lol,  Erin will have some trouble with her!
Phyl. No walking Piper!  I just let her out in the fenced in backyard and I sit on the patio.    I look out fr the red  tailed hawk that likes to sit on the fence.

Lani, great wedding picture!  Darling couple!  Did I miss reading that Shannons pup went to the rainbow bridge!  I hope not!

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #7068 on: August 24, 2024, 03:52:00 PM »

Good Morning Beakers! It's CATURDAY!

This is from one of our animal rescues here in WDM, Harley must be a member of their gang!

Furry Friends Refuge · What’s the best type of cat toy? Well some of our cats might just answer paper towel rolls that staff left out overnight. 😬

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And you know they blamed it on the dog!!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  Good ones, Clynn! :D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #7069 on: August 24, 2024, 05:00:21 PM »

Happy Caturday, Beakers!

I went for a 32-minute walk this morning. Breaking in new walking shoes this week, too - not really liking them so much yet, and hope they will loosen/soften up some with more use. I have NPR radio on in the room, and just also heard the news that the 2 "stranded" U.S. astronauuts at the ISS will hop a ride back home on a future SpaceX flight, and that the pesky Boeing Starliner module they went to the ISS in will return without them. I also heard about another round of free Covid tests for free mailing to households will be available starting near the end of September. Each household can order 4 free mailed at-home Covid tests then. Those new tests will test for newer variants of Covid and will be good through the end of the year. That will be helpful for people wanting to test for newer variants before and after group outings/get-togethers this Fall and through the year-end holidays. There's also some other good info in this article, and a bit of info about the new MRNA Covid vaccines just approved this week that will be coming this Fall, too, that are for the newer variants.

Most all the major news outlets have covered this recent news. Here's the one from NPR that I just heard about on the radio. Just scroll past the embedded ads for the whole article, which is pretty short:

https://www.npr.org/2024/08/24/nx-s1-5088623/free-covid-tests-by-mail

Phyl, just FYI, it's Lisa's Jeff with that eye condition, not me.  ;)  LOL, your Hipster Cat looks like someone I know!!   ;D ;D

Lisa, I also would be jealous of the long lashes side effect Jeff's getting from one of his eye meds!! Though I wouldn't want to wish an eye problem on anyone! ((Jeff))

Clynn, glad Ed could follow-up with the other car dealership on your car's sporadic Check Engine Light coming on. Of course it wouldn't do it when you took it to the dealer... ain't that the way it so often goes.  ::) I hope the other more customer-friendly and responsive dealer location will find some answers for you.

TSK, I'm glad Tim's home! Hugs for the "Big Baby."  ;D ;) ;)  Just kidding... I hope (((Tim))) mends quickly and excellently!!  :)  P.S. I don't think you need to be reminded that it's 5 o'clock somewhere!!  ;) ;D 8)

Lani, I love that wedding picture of you and Mike! I think it's been posted here before, a long time ago, but it's fun to see it again!  :) You wore such a pretty wedding dress, and I think you said maybe it was one of your aunts, or maybe your grandmother? who made it for you? My memory is very foggy about that, so please remind me. (((You and Mike))) are a "beautiful couple!"  :) :-*

Karen, sitting on the porch while Piper checks out all things of interest in the yard sounds good to me!  :D I hope your help will do another test the morning before she comes back to your house Tuesday, as a just-in-case. I believe the guidelines are that if someone is exposed, and tests negative, if they have symptoms then they should test a 2nd time 48 hrs after that 1st test. And they recommend three tests for people who have been exposed who don't have symptoms, also 48 hours apart.

Tig, sorry about your fence. Is Rosie still visiting?

KB, it's interesting about wolf/dog mixes. I guess it isn't all that rare. Seems like I've read that intentional breeding of wolf/dog mixes is illegal in most, if not all, states.

OG, glad to hear positive news about the Iceland fissures.  Hope you win at cards tonight!  :D

Puff, I've never known about those pretty flowering trees either till now. A new one for me!  :)

Take care, All. Peace.  :)

« Last Edit: August 24, 2024, 05:15:42 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #7070 on: August 24, 2024, 06:35:42 PM »

some bounce
Rosie left "the spa" yesterday.  :(
BAZ... Sure. I had to spend big bucks to get 4 tests to take along on our trip. And we won't be able to get the new shots before we go. We will just need to mask...
Stepson coming back over to watch the Lynx/Fever game. No cable service where he is living.
SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7071 on: August 24, 2024, 07:01:29 PM »

BAZI   Thanks for the info on the new Covid tests.  I'll be on the lookout.

TIG  Bummer on having to pay - and they aren't cheap either.
Chicagoland

BrokenLug

« Reply #7072 on: August 24, 2024, 09:31:35 PM »

I road a horse across the New Jersey countryside today cross eyed time wise what a spectacular thing to do.

Sunrise.

So great to be back in the greatest country.

My Grandfather's pocket watch all 7 Continents what a chronometer.   8)
U. S. A.

karengramke

« Reply #7073 on: August 24, 2024, 09:41:10 PM »

Bl, you do not waste a minute!
Covid tests are free thru medicare and may cost a copay on advantage plans.
Test at drug stores, dr office and labs.   For do it your self ,

New free tests are being shipped in September.
 Baz, help coming Tuesday and it will ave been 13 or 14 days since her exposure.  Cdc guidelines are 10 days so hopefully I am ok! 

Clynn, saw the cats  and pOer towels on fb this am!  Pretty hysterical!
Seds

BrokenLug

« Reply #7074 on: August 24, 2024, 09:56:04 PM »

U. S. A.

BrokenLug

« Reply #7075 on: August 24, 2024, 10:01:20 PM »

I'm heading off to the boundary waters as soon as my clock adjusts.

There ain't no fish their trust me.   8)

The islands crawling into a sleeping bag from the camp fires.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2024, 10:31:29 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

kbshcb

« Reply #7076 on: August 24, 2024, 10:30:50 PM »

https://x.com/i/status/1827305812034810323

Wow, incredible friendship between a man and a white lion. one of only 200.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #7077 on: August 25, 2024, 12:57:05 AM »

{{{Baz}}} You've had terrible weather you'll be back on a comfortable walking routine... Punkin looks adorable, what a sweetie, Love the thumbs up. Lil Bro adventure sleeping. LOL!  ;D

LOL Clynn! Door Dash!!!  ;D.. Shannon's doing fine, she's very busy... she just has one dog now, Kona she's 15 .... oh my whose the two youngsters in the wedding pic! LOL!!! ... Looks like someone tp'd the Furry Friends Refuge overnight! LOL! Harley's gang!  ;D

Lisa,I bet the Highway adult ospreys are close by...  Hellgate Iris and Finn are on the trees located across the nest that is overlooking a fast running river. That's where they fish... They are always in sight of the nest.

Phyl, Love the Hipster cat... beautiful ibex .... Interesting article on spy cat and pigeon.... Thank you for the warning about Tropical Storm Hone

Kb, Interesting about Wolf/dog breed. Our first dog in Kansas was a farm pup, Coyote/german shepherd mix. Beautiful dog..... beautiful Queen of the Night flower. It's a shame you can't enjoy its beauty longer than a night.... great news about NASA and Space X! ... awesome pics of white lion and man.

Oldguy, thanks for Iceland update..... the ancient caves was awesome. I'd love to see the inside of #2.... adorable mama cat with the 4 ginger kittens. One is a real rascal! ;D

Tig, Rosie must be gone and you're getting ready for a fishing trip?

Lisa, Jeff's long lashes... I've never known eye drops to do that....  ;D

{{{Tim and Tsk}}} glad Tim's home.. sending prayers.

Karen, Shannon's dog Charlie went to Rainbow bridge a couple of years ago. She has one dog now, Kona and she's getting up there in age and stamina. Take care  :-*

{{{Baz}}} Thank you for your comments about my wedding dress. I bought it.... sleep well.

BL ;D ... thanks for Willie Nelson tonight.

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tim and Tsk, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles and Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Tig, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Karen and Piper, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Hellgate Osprey Antali, Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #7078 on: August 25, 2024, 05:39:55 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...
Happy Sunday!

Rouge Royale Sunflower

Currently: 68F clear , High  93F sunny,  with  Low 63F

I'm sort of  " up with the chickens'   this morning. Gosh!  :(   :o

Thanks for all the "LOL" Caturday post.

Hi Karen you're correct on CoVid being covered by Medicare

BL enjoyed the Willie Nelson from last night

KB tks for the animal links. Esp enjoyed the white lion. Tks.

OG tks for keeping us up to date on Iceland

This is what was in the  Medicare.gov email sent to subscribing Medicare recipients   on or about 8/15/24
I've Hi-lighted the CoVid info:
"...
People with Medicare Part D (drug coverage) pay nothing out of pocket for even more vaccines, making it easier to stay up to date with your immunizations.
What's Covered?
Medicare Part D covers these vaccines and more at no cost to you:
•   Shingles
•   Tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis (whooping cough) (Tdap)   •   RSV
•   Hepatitis A
•   Hepatitis B, if you're at low risk for the virus

Remember, Medicare also covers flu shots, COVID-19 vaccines, and pneumococcal shots. Talk with your doctor about which vaccines can help you stay healthy!."

Prayers for:  Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.   'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . As always, Beakers/families.

Embracing the Sunlight

Sunflowers alight, like a flame,
In daybreak’s warmth, kissed by the sun’s name.
Their strength emerges, with morning’s hymn,
An anthem of surrender, a dance of whim.

Petals open wide, faces to the heavens high,
Absorbing radiant beams, one can only sigh.
An offering to the skies, to the blue so grand,
A yellow prayer, an orchestra, “I’ll understand.”

« Last Edit: August 25, 2024, 11:58:46 AM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7079 on: August 25, 2024, 06:48:29 AM »

BL   What a way to live the same day over again. ;)  Grandpa's watch - a treasure.  Good to hear you'll give yourself at least another day before you're off again  ;D ;D

KB      I presume that white lion is in  a sanctuary.  Beautiful animal - lucky ranger?

PHYL   Nice bright Sunday AM  :)

When we got Tim home around 1 PM yesterday I'd say he slept 75% of that time in his recliner.  ( slept not a wink the night he had to stay there.)  So much discomfort and didn't even feel like eating til about 8 PM .  Went to bed about 9.  Heard him in the kitchen at 6:30 - "How did you sleep" - LIKE A ROCK"  Phew!!!  So now we're in Day 2  and each day should be getting better
« Last Edit: August 25, 2024, 06:50:12 AM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland