Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 545272 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #4650 on: May 21, 2024, 07:38:49 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

clynn - I think I am just about caught up with my sleep.  Oh no, the sirens going off?  Love the name Finnegan for NG...I hope that is it.  Cute pic of S & S!

tig - Hope you hear from the doctor soon with your results from monitor.

tsk - Thanks, that is good to know there is no connection.  I love my coffee!  Be safe with the weather!

kb - Cool land spout, have heard of water spout, but not land. Be safe with weather.

karen - Thanks, and I found a nice steaming cuppa this morning.   :)

Phyl - I kinda like the sound of cicada's but you are right, deafening!  Love the good night pic. 

Lani - I agree with you, the Dali was alot bigger than I thought too!  I believe WJZ, the local Baltimore news channel here said, the size of 3 football fields.   :o

Puff - Morning  :)

kbshcb

« Reply #4651 on: May 21, 2024, 08:13:38 AM »

Took a pic of some of my iris starting to open...not all, before this afternoon's potential for severe weather: large hail, winds, and possibly tornadoes...but, for sure heavy rain.
For posterity.

Morning all

I changed my afternoon ear appt to tomorrow morning at 10:00...I guess I can go another day without hearing.....shoot. Playing safe so don't have to drive even with just heavy rain.

My toother can get fixed only a block away from my house this morning.....rain but not likely severe till afternoon.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4652 on: May 21, 2024, 10:55:04 AM »

Royal Albatross cam

Kia ora koutou (hello everyone)

Top Flat chick is 119 days old and weighs 8.7 kg at 10.10 am today. Average male is 8.4 kg; average female is 7.2 kg. LGK fed his chick after weighing and LGL came in later. This will mean that Top Flat chick is over 9 kg and well over average weight for his age.

Top Flat Track chick is 111 days old and weighs 8.2 kg and is a good increase on last week's 7.5 kg. Average male weight for day 111 is 8.1 kg. BOK and WYL have been in to feed frequently over the past week.

The regular weighing ensures that chicks who may be missing a parent can be supplementary fed and survive to fledging and beyond. Read more about our conservation work here: https://www.doc.govt.nz/nat...

The heaviest chick this week is 10 kg and we now have a very light-weight chick who is receiving regular supplementary feeds. Chicks consistently over the average weight are now weighed every 2nd week so the lighter weight chicks can be focused on. In the past all chicks were weighed each week build the data set that we use to inform the need for supplementary feeding.

Night viewing:

Recently there has been some little owl activity on cam in the evenings. This is not a native species to New Zealand but was introduced here over 100 years ago from Germany. Read more about little owls here: https://nzbirdsonline.org.n...

Mom LGL preens TF chick (notice black feathers appearing  ;D)

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Eagles, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Clynn, Congrats to Wells Fargo ospreys! Awesome egglets! cute pic of S&S.

Phyl, adorable owl, love the socks and shoes!  ;D ... awww the BB babies are adorable.  :-*

{{{Puff}}} Have a good day.

Lisa, WOW! It's the size of 3 football fields! I caught my breath when I saw part of the roadway laying on top of it. YIKES! Glad you caught up with your sleep.  :-*

Kb, beautiful Irises and garden area. So green and lush! I miss having that here.

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #4653 on: May 21, 2024, 11:02:23 AM »

some bounce

Just back from getting the car's oil changed.

Nice pic KB

Our "Russians" (Siberian) are coming up too... we have this lavender and some dark purples (my Mom's fav).

TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #4654 on: May 21, 2024, 12:10:37 PM »

https://www.wunderground.com/weather/us/mn/minneapolis/55474

Well we are now Magically in that dry slot!....heavy storms heading in "they say" around 4pm...still crossing my fingers but I actually could have made it to my ENT to hear!....Oh well, tomorrow am...and, why take chances with large hail/flooding I guess I'm rationalizing.

Right? big boy....LOL

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4655 on: May 21, 2024, 12:18:53 PM »

PUFF   Actually , no rain this afternoon now but moved to around 9 PM.  We shall see.

LISA  I see a new ENT later in June.  I will ask about the tinnitus.  I have a list  LOL

KB  Wish I had room for iris...

LANI   Those albies are really fattening up.  Good parenting this year for these two groups. Thanks for the update.

TIG  In the garden at the parish we have gorgeous siberian iris blooming.  I love them.
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #4656 on: May 21, 2024, 12:48:17 PM »

some bounce

public service announcement

My Chromebook just experienced a lockup due to a scam. I had logged out of Hotmail which takes me to the MSN news page. I clicked on a news article before checking to see if it was actually an "ad". My whole screen was filled with images of multiple Microsoft windows and a voice came on repeating a message that I had a virus and call this number and don't shut down or it will spread, etc. Camper and my searching the problem on Google on my phone prompted us to shut down and restart. Problem gone. Phew! Scary.

BBL

Here is a 9 minute video with good description and close-up views of the Dali move... https://youtu.be/hjWotmL0YZY?si=tz9wBO_AmIYDCp71
« Last Edit: May 21, 2024, 01:25:48 PM by camperstig »
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #4657 on: May 21, 2024, 01:28:16 PM »

tig, that has happened to me. I go into Task Manager and shut down my browser (Edge) and it works. So annoying!!! And scary!

tsk, we got hit with heavy winds and rain this morning. Another round is supposed to hit around 4:00. That is probably the one you will be getting later! They are dismissing all the schools early so that all the kids get home safely. Supposed to be some wicked winds!  Take some pictures of the parish garden, would love to see it!

kb, beautiful lion!

Lani, the Royal Alby babies are getting so big! 8.7 kg equals 19.18 pounds! That's a BIG baby! They take such good care of them, you can tell they all love them!

Lisa, what a pretty cup of coffee! A while ago I put an ice cube in the no-tip water dish and Sam and sophie were playing with it. Sophie even got it out of the dish! She shakes her wet paw and gets Sam wet, I think she does it on purpose!  Another pic of them sleeping

Phyl, how many baby bluebirds in the nest, I can't tell if 4 or 5! They are so helpless at that age, they just open their mouths and hope some food gets dropped in!

Friends of Minnesota Nongame Eagle Cam - Bonnie Johnson · Nancy and Beau's kids!!!

Happy 78th Late Birthday to Cher. She was born Cherilyn Sarkisian on May 20, 1946 in El Centro, California 🎁🎈🎉 🎶
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #4658 on: May 21, 2024, 01:40:53 PM »

Suns is out which Paul Douglas says is not good. Heating up of our afternoon.

Checked on things:

Iris along side of house, iris, stella d'oro to come yet, other lilies, roses, geranium, goats beard and more.

kbshcb

« Reply #4659 on: May 21, 2024, 01:42:11 PM »

Stella:

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #4660 on: May 21, 2024, 02:04:58 PM »

bounce

Clynn... I wish. I had no way to get off the screen. !

UPDATE: There is a very nice touch at the end of the video...
If anyone interested in the behind the scenes of the filming of the Dali... 47 minutes... https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DEDbA0xwd4jc&ved=2ahUKEwi5lta7t5-GAxVt6ckDHZMNDI0QwqsBegQIERAG&usg=AOvVaw3obgq_GcCT9nX-G1Vy7CBF

Yay DNR. "kids" thanx  ;D
« Last Edit: May 21, 2024, 02:33:23 PM by camperstig »

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #4661 on: May 21, 2024, 02:34:17 PM »

Howdy Beakers!

I hope the stormy weather won't be very severe and all stay safe and don't have any damage. Stay alert and take any recommended safety precautions as advised.

Take care, All, and have a good evening. Peace.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

karengramke

« Reply #4662 on: May 21, 2024, 02:37:07 PM »

Lol, Tig, got home from getting my oil changed and car checked out !  No issues found! 
Lovely Irises, another  plant that  will not grow  here.  We can grow Louisianan Iris but the yellow flowers are very small! 
Have  had the  virus notification scam several times!  My first clue was the warning I had a virus on Microsoft and I was on an apple  platform! The y keep trying!
Cute pictures of the kitties!
Big Albie babies!  Pretty Blue  birds  and the WF nest!

3 football fields isa retty big expanse!   And it floats!

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4663 on: May 21, 2024, 02:47:02 PM »

5/21 Hello Finnegan!  :-*
#HellgateOsprey

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

karengramke

« Reply #4664 on: May 21, 2024, 02:52:05 PM »

Thanks Lani!  Guess the Beak will be Happy with the name!