Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 192806 times)

karengramke

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #3540 on: April 14, 2024, 06:33:41 PM »

Tsk, we posted about the same time!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2024, 12:21:00 PM by karengramke »

Puff

« Reply #3541 on: April 14, 2024, 07:01:48 PM »

Stuck to my two hour curfew tsk.  Came back in to a cool water and fell asleep at the table for almost 2 hours.  Crink in the neck now, too.  I'll be out tomorrow with doctor appt - he'll think I'm - don't know what he'll think.  LOL

Wasn't much good to watch for me - Bulls and Sox both lost; Hawks haven't lost yet.  Masters always gets me teared up.  A lot of time and hope goes into that game.  I can't really imagine when - after years of practice- that you get to stroll through the canyon of people clapping/saluting for you.  That's got to be a rush!!!!

Hope the majority of us had the same nice weather today.  I think we did.  I even look forward to only low 70's tomorrow.

Good evening all - Enjoy!

P

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #3542 on: April 14, 2024, 09:19:00 PM »

Phyl- Thank you for providing the link for the geese family!  I watched a lot of it today and figure the big event will take place tomorrow.  I want to watch, but then, I'm like several of you here. where I have to say that I don't want to watch.  I've been so heart-broken in the past when everything didn't end happily like I wanted it to. 

Lani- I had my laptop on the kitchen table where i could watch almost constantly and it looks like the big day will be tomorrow!  Part of me wants to be watching, but part of me says not to. :-\   Has Mike checked in with you - hope he arrived in Ohio and is safe & sound. :)

Karen- You are sure keeping busy with things!  You & Piper have a good night.

Baz- It will take time for your hand to heal - just take the time to let it happen.  I know you keep busy, but you have to let yourself heal. {{{Baz}}}   Take care!! :-* :)

Phyl- Good that Jim will continue the weeding when its cooler!  Enjoy your yummy sammys for dinner! :)

Tsk- Okay, I knew you had mentioned CA in the past on different occasions!  Well, IF you should ever come to CA, please come by here.  You & Tim and Lulu would all be welcome to stay for a nice visit!!  I know Lulu would not want to leave your home to travel, but just mentioning that she would be welcome!! :) :)

Puff- Glad you enjoyed the Masters and had a nice weather day! :)

Clynn- I'm sure you are enjoying your trip! ;D

LisaG, Kb, Tig, Og, Bl, Lori  :)

Beakers have a nice evening - SEDs! ;D

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3543 on: April 15, 2024, 12:12:36 AM »

Phyl, thanks for nature video... amazing video of penguins.... been streaming the goose family all day... glad you're feeling better, but don't overdo.  :)

Lisa, Gorgeous floral basket.... Decorah Father and Mother Goose are a devoted pair, very calm and serene together, great parents. It's been a joy to watch them and enjoy seeing the goslings longer than we usually get.  :-*

Tsk, the Masters had a great weekend for golf. Stunning golf course as always... great golf! I had the Decorah goose family streaming on living room tv and golf in another room.

Eagles, I hope your mom is doing well.  :)  your day yesterday was like mine today. Cleaned winter coats, put away winter clothes/boots, spent time cleaning closets too... Mike arrived safely in Cleveland. He called me after he settled into the hotel and was heading to bed. It was 10:30 by the time he checked in.

{{{Kb, Tig}}} I hope you both are well.  :-*

Baz, Even though it was a 20 minute walk, it must have felt good to get out. I hope you get a good night's sleep tonight! I've had a few weird dreams on sleepless nights. Take care.

Karen, I always think no news is good news for Clynn too, especially since she has a hard time with wifi at her moms.... you'll be ahead of the game for next year's taxes... Louis won't leave Iris alone and takes her fish again. There is another male wanted her attention, but Louis stops that.  :(

{{{Puff}}} We had the same nice weather.... I hope all goes well with your doctor appt tomorrow, and he thinks nothing but good things.  :-*

Good night!

Baby periscope keeping close watch on the back!  :-*

Praying for those who perished today, their families, the rescuers and community

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Tsk's friend Kathleen's family, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Lisa's mom, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Clynn,  Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #3544 on: April 15, 2024, 06:05:44 AM »

Good Morning Everyone! 

Currently: 64F mostly cloudy with  83F  High   and mostly sunny,  Low 56F

Dental appt., just a cleaning today.   
Lani--The Goose Family awwww.  :-*                       

Prayers for:     Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. Laken Riley, all those like her and family; Eaglesrock . All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; especially 'Little One' wherever she might be; The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/ 
https://greatergood.com/
https://www.livescience.com/
« Last Edit: April 15, 2024, 06:58:44 AM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #3545 on: April 15, 2024, 06:07:10 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project
From Amy's blog...

Canada Geese: Precocial versus Altricial
 April 14, 2024  RaptorResource

https://www.raptorresource.org/2024/04/14/canada-geese-precocial-versus-altricial-2/

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #3546 on: April 15, 2024, 06:09:04 AM »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #3547 on: April 15, 2024, 06:21:59 AM »

These are amazing...
See the story of Jonah and the whale like never before
A 1600-year-old mosaic discovered in Israel tells the biblical story of the big fish in dazzling detail.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/history/article/jonah-and-the-whale-mosaic?rid=EBE150D77D2DB51479B2E2AEE712FBB9&cmpid=org%3Dngp%3A%3Amc%3Dcrm-email%3A%3Asrc%3Dngp%3A%3Acmp%3Deditorial%3A%3Aadd%3DDaily_NL_Tuesday_Science_20240319&loggedin=true&rnd=1713086824992

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

#IstandwithEvan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3549 on: April 15, 2024, 06:43:57 AM »

GOOD MORNING

KAREN    LOLOL  I see now what you mean by "early taxes" for 2025.  Good plan.  ;D

PUFF   Since all the hullabaloo in golf over the "merging" of the two leages now Liv and PGA  I've lost interest in the game - I just check in on the "Majors".  Viewership is down 30%   Just read Tiger posted his worst game ever!!

LANI   Dang that Louis!  :P    LOLOL  Cute " baby periscope" in the goose nest.

PHYL   Interesting about the two different types of birds - one ready to go and one that needs nourishing.  :)
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #3550 on: April 15, 2024, 10:17:26 AM »

some bounce
The pool went ok today. Less fun, more strenuous. I had the heart cell phone in my bag that I positioned near the shallow end. And that is where I did my exercises.
The check engine light is on in our car so will take it in tomorrow morning.
Hugs all
TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3551 on: April 15, 2024, 10:27:45 AM »

Royal Albatross - A special skycall duet.   :-*
Top Flat Track chick and Top Flat chick skycalling a few days ago.
Also includes their Dads, TF LGK and TFT WYL who were both away for a few weeks

Today; TFT Mom BOK and TF Dad LGK were in.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1778346497005981993

TFT chick with Dad WYL

TFT chick with mom BOK

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Safe travels and happy spring for Mother and Father Goose family.  :-*
Lots of prayers for #6 gosling to be found and reunited with family.   🙏

Thank you to Cam mod and those looking for #6 baby.  :-*

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3552 on: April 15, 2024, 10:35:58 AM »

TIG   Looks like you have that monitor figured out.

LANI  thanks for the news on the "jump"
Chicagoland

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #3553 on: April 15, 2024, 11:07:22 AM »

Lani- My mom is doing okay-thank you for asking  :)  Glad Mike arrived in Ohio last night safe & sound  :)    I watched the goslings all morning, and I hope they can find #6 soon.   Thanks for Albie update.

Phyl- Have a good teeth cleaning appt today and have a great day  :)

Tig- Glad it went okay for you at the pool.   Hope all goes well with finding the cause of the check engine light. Maybe it is something minor.

Hi Tsk, LisaG, Puff  :)

Clynn- Hope you are having a marvelous time! :)

I have my annual appt with my eye doctor this morning! 

Beakers have a nice Monday  :)

LisaG1967

« Reply #3554 on: April 15, 2024, 11:33:31 AM »

Good Morning/Afternoon Beakers

I have been busy goose watching again!  The nest was still warm, and another goose came in and laid an egg around 10:28am! More geese  ::)

E4E - Glad to hear that your Mom is doing ok, too.

Lani - Thanks for the Royal update.  TFT getting big and beautiful.  Hope Mike has safe travels!  Love the baby periscope pic! 

tig - Hope all is ok with the car. 

tsk - Pretty morning greeting.

Phyl - Thanks for all the links this morning. 

karen - I do the same as you for taxes.  I have a lil folder in my file cabinet, and if it is for the nest year, in it goes. 

kb - Where are you??  I hope all is OK!