Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 542680 times)

Puff

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #3525 on: April 14, 2024, 06:41:15 AM »

#1 fan of the "HUG" therapy, Phyl.  Never hurts - always helps.

They may not be big, but those penguins are certainly brave.  Anything for a meal.  The report said the parents had left them earlier.  They got the message didn't they.  Wow!

P
« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 07:04:56 AM by Puff »

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3526 on: April 14, 2024, 07:17:37 AM »

GOOD SUNDAY MORNING

Heading to 81 today  Yikes  :o

PHYL   Thanks for the heads up on the "leap of faith"  today or tomorrow ;)   Love the snow over the bloodroot! 365   That penguin jump was amazing footage.  :o
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #3527 on: April 14, 2024, 08:22:38 AM »

Good Morning!    The baby Ts are in the bole this morning, looking around I guess waiting for Mama to return!   E 23 has only received a squirrel on each of the last two days!  Wonder if M is telling him to start fishing!  Lol
I think it will be interesting to see what Hd and Hm do when the geese  leave N1.   I do not think the tree with the new nest looks like a good place for them.  Seems like there are too many small sticks all over!
Interesting that RRP does not feel it is necessary to band eagles as they have learned all they can learn about eagle behavior but they keep banding falcons!   They have been documenting them for as long!   Next up, the Goldens?
Temps going up to the z80’s here today as well Tsk!  Hope you and Puff get your suntan lotion on!
River flooding will not affect my house.  One year it did cause a road closure as tge little bridge was covered with water  and some houses were flooded but Piper and I will be fine!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 08:27:22 AM by karengramke »

LisaG1967

« Reply #3528 on: April 14, 2024, 01:00:53 PM »

Good Afternoon Beakers

Finally getting around to posting, as I was watching the geese this morning, and then needed to run to Walmart. 

karen - I am kinda interested to know what HM & HD will do too, once the geese leave.  I know they have started building that new nest, but will they return once the geese are out the nest.  :D

tsk - Wow, you are warm today!  We are only supposed to be in the low 70's, but it is cool feeling. 

((Puff))

Phyl - Wow, those penguins.  Thanks for the links.  Thanks, and you are right about no sleep for a long time.  ;D

Lani - Love your good night pic of MG & FG.  I have noticed this FG is very different then the others we have had on N2B in the past years.  The poor MG over at N2B, she hardly sees her mate.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3529 on: April 14, 2024, 01:39:59 PM »

KAREN   1:40 as I type and 80 degrees...Whew  Stopping now and going to watch the Masters.

LISA   Gorgeous AM basket  :)
Chicagoland

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3530 on: April 14, 2024, 02:04:40 PM »

Sunday Blessings Beakers!
Hi Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

What a joy it is to see all six hatched. I watched #6 this morning before Mike left for the airport.
He's packed and on his way to Sky Harbor in Phoenix for his trip to Ohio then Louisiana on Weds.  :)

Looks like the family may jump sometime today. Mom is giving #6 more time to rest up for big jump and waddle over to the stream.
I can hear children's voices in the background father goose may be waiting till the wind settles down too.... I pray all goes well.

Looks like there's a couple of feisty babies in the family. LOL!

« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 02:07:08 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Puff

« Reply #3531 on: April 14, 2024, 02:28:17 PM »

KAREN   1:40 as I type and 80 degrees...Whew  Stopping now and going to watch the Masters.

LISA   Gorgeous AM basket  :)

tsk  2:20  84 degrees    Waiting for the  Bulls to finish - then I'll join you at the Masters.  LOL

P

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #3532 on: April 14, 2024, 02:33:01 PM »

Tsk- Yes! That picture of the tree & ocean is on the Monterey Peninsula!  :)   Did you ever live in CA?   My mom is watching the Master's too!

Clynn - I used to get a quarter from the Tooth Fairy too!  Hope you are having a great time with your Mom and friends!

Tig - Hope you are getting used to your monitor and that it is working well for you. {{Tig}}

OG- Interesting about baby teeth - thanks for the info!  Liked Catman Chris and the rescued Mama Cat & her kittens  :-*

Baz - Hope your finger is healing nicely and that you are trying not to over do!  Cute Caturday stuff yesterday!

LisaG - Nice pic of the detour you took the other day!  Thanks for posting the RRP pic from fb of the nest in Decorah  :)   Nice goose pic!

Phyl- Jim does his weeding the hard way, but it probably gets the best results as he is getting the root too - "good job Jim"! :)  Thank you for the great links.  :)

Lani- Safe travels for Mike - sounds like a very busy week for him.      I too, hope there are no rocks beneath the tree when the goslings take their big leap.  Be safe little ones. :-*

Karen- Nice warm up for you!  We had rain yesterday, but today is mostly dry and a high of 60.

Hi Puff, Lori, BL, Kb  :)

Where is Kb? 

Paulie- If you see this, hope you had a wonderful birthday yesterday! :)

Thank you All for letting me do a little catching up here.  Yesterday turned out to be quite a busy day.  I had begun the day with taking my mom to a haircut appointment, then in the afternoon, I got busy with cleaning out a closet and then made dinner, cleaned up and started watching something on tv and that was it - went to bed!

Beakers have a nice Sunday afternoon  :)

karengramke

« Reply #3533 on: April 14, 2024, 03:09:20 PM »

83 now and that is the high for the day!
Doing piddly stuff!  Load of laundry. Cleaned the storm door as some grapgite was on it making a long black mark!
Did some work on 2024 taxes!  Lol!  Always hunting through things for insurance costs, otc drug costs, etc so have a tyoed note in the tax  envelope!   All that is left tondo is total that and wait for the 1099s, etc!  Shall file early this time!   Hate paper work!   

Hope tge day at the Masters is as pretty as it is here!

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #3534 on: April 14, 2024, 04:49:26 PM »

HAPPY DAY, BEAKERS!  :)

I haven't had a chance to look yet - wondering if The Jump happened yet today. I hope all goes well, whenever The Big Leap happens!  :-* :-*

I walked a brief 20 minutes today - kept it short at the request of my right knee and foot and my left hip and ankle.  ::)

My hand is about the same. The 3 middle fingers are sprained, but the sprained ring finger is progressing some - yay - I can support some weight with it now and use it for light duty assistance, though it's still fairly swollen around the bottom section. My sprained index finger isn't happy, but it does seem a bit better. I still can't support weight with it - no muscle strength with that finger yet, but I can curl it a little further since its swelling has improved a bit. The middle sprained finger, that also has the fractured middle joint, isn't ready to do anything yet. It gets in trouble a lot because the splint makes it stick out where fingers shouldn't be sticking out, lol. I can't count how many times I have turned on my car's windshield wipers with it when I turn my steering wheel in the direction of the wiper handle.  ;D ;D ;D

I have been missing getting enough sleep. Last night, I had "crash-and-burn dreamtime" as a result.  ;D  That always makes for some wild and crazy dreams. Wish I could remember all of them - very entertaining! I remember in one dream, Seth Meyers (host of "Late Night With Seth Meyers") was my boss! He wasn't a TV host in my dream, he just looked like Seth Meyers. He wasn't nice to me in my dream!! LOLOL!!

Time to fix a bit to eat... but first some Tums - I just got a case of heartburn!  ::) :P  Sheese.

Later, Gators!  :) I'm going to turn on the Tv and see if there's anything left to watch at The Masters, or see who won if it's over. :)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 04:52:43 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #3535 on: April 14, 2024, 05:48:41 PM »

Jim will finish his weeding after work  on days when it's  cooler. Everyone, but me is snoozing. I use to nap on Sunday afternoons---too much to do.  Sipping on a vodka and orange juice on the 'rocks'. Roast beef sands with horseradish mayo, lettuce and tomatoes, either French Onion or Tomato Bisque soup. Garden salad and a brew each.  I don't make dessert anymore soooo .

Eagles- where's KB?... where's  Tig? E4E, You and your mom  :-*  ;)  :)

Puff- IMHO 'hugs's don't cost a cent and deliver $100's in return.

Tsk- I just cant' watch this season's 'leap'. Last season's fatality broke my heart ...how that late hatcher scurried  all around the nest to catch up with the
older ones. Caught it's tiny webbed foot on a twig and well... I know, I know that's Nature and all. But,  suppose I'm just too tender hearted. Been that way
my entire life.    81F w/ winds feels like 77F.

Lisa-pretty basket of fleurs today.

Oh Lani!- look at those darling goslings.  :-*  Like you pray the 'leap' goes well...very well. ; Hope all goes well 4 Mike

Karen- now that's a word I haven't heard in a bit...'piddly'.   Aren't you cutting 2023 taxes close?

Baz- take care of your hand  ;)

« Last Edit: April 15, 2024, 06:56:23 AM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #3536 on: April 14, 2024, 05:49:36 PM »

Well,  broke down and took a peek and the goose family is still there at Decorah Eagles
Apr 14, 2024 5:45 PM
Camera Time: Apr 14, 2024 5:44 PM CDT
Birchwoman

Appear to be all lined up and waiting for the 'Go!" sign.  Still not gonna 'watch'.

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #3537 on: April 14, 2024, 05:53:23 PM »

Good Night Everyone...SEDs.  🙏 's    

Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3538 on: April 14, 2024, 06:09:32 PM »

LANI  Great clip.  Every time I tuned in today - Mama was sitting on them  LOL     A "two fer" for Mike  Safe trip.

PUFF   I think we maxed at 81 in my yard.  Great Masters.

EAGLES  Never lived in CA - Traveled there twice tho.  Amazingly we all have lives  LOLOL  You were busy.

I agree with Eagles - haven't seen KB today..

BAZI   Your splinted finger has a mind of its own  ;D

KAREN   Early?  Deadline is tomorrow...
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #3539 on: April 14, 2024, 06:10:53 PM »

Phyl, my taxes, for 2023, due April, 15, 2024 are complete!  Delivered to my accountant, he filed them electronically and I am now waiting for the check to hit the bank!   I was putting things together for the tax year, 2024 , due April 15. 2025!   Lolol!   Not close!
Tell Jim to take it easy on the yard work! 
I am assuming Clynn did well on her trip and is enjoying catching up with her mother and all!  No news is goid news!
YesLisa your flower basket is very pretty and vibrant!  Your pictures in the .decorah thread are great!   Love BLs discussion on the new nest tree location!
Well, Scottie won tge Masters!   Congratulations!