Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 544300 times)

karengramke

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #3555 on: April 15, 2024, 12:40:20 PM »

Good afternoon!
Lisa, did they find Number six?  I hate these cams!  Chat not on the side and at times I am not seeing well enough to know what I am looking at!  Thanks  She must  have been ready to  explode  waiting for the rental to become available! At first I thought she Was  one of the first family cleaning up and ht  the eagles could build some Crib rails and move in!   Lol!   Well, n2b should become available soon!  Anyway, I feel sorry for little 6!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2024, 07:32:15 PM by karengramke »

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #3556 on: April 15, 2024, 12:56:47 PM »

GOOD MORNING

Since all the hullabaloo in golf over the "merging" of the two leages now Liv and PGA  I've lost interest in the game - I just check in on the "Majors".  Viewership is down 30%   Just read Tiger posted his worst game ever!!

TSK,  AMEN!!! I'm very PO'd about the LIV/PGA "merging."  >:( >:( >:( I saw a quick blurb before the start of The Masters that Greg Norman was going to be there... I didn't even bother to see any further into that report. I'm just about done with it, but, like you, I have been checking into the Majors - but not watching much of them - typically just tuning in during the last part of the last 2 rounds. I saw Scheffler's last 5 holes yesterday, and the Green Jacket ceremony.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2024, 01:14:27 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #3557 on: April 15, 2024, 01:13:47 PM »

HAPPY DAY, BEAKERS!  :)

Any Beakers who are thinking I am over-using my hand, or not giving it sufficient rest for healing, please know that I am following all of my ortho's orders, and I'm NOT over-using it in any way. Thank you to those expressing any concerns that I am not resting it enough, but it doesn't apply in this case.  ;) :)  I have only been sharing my "status report" - which does not indicate overuse, in fact, I have been reporting on how there has been some improvement each day. I already know healing takes time, and I am not rushing it. Thanks, again, for all your good wishes.  :) :-* :-*
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #3558 on: April 15, 2024, 02:41:13 PM »

I've been making the live cam rounds a bit this afternoon.

The North nest is enjoying a very pretty day! I saw a parent on the North nest with the 2 eaglets, who were side-by-side looking out over the pasture... surveying their future fledgling flight area.  ;) :-*

I also saw a parent on the Trempealeau nest with the 2 eaglets alternately napping and raising their heads to look around or re-position themselves. The parent didn't have a dark fleck in its lower left eye's iris, so I'm thinking it might have been Mr. T.  :-*

I didn't see anybirdy at the empty GSB peregrine cliff nestbox cam.

I could hear a lot of geese honking and such around the Hatchery nest cam, but nobirdy on the N1 nest when I looked.  ;) :-*

There was a parent goose brooding on the Decorah Goose N2B nest cam when I looked just now. Notes there say hatch should begin on or around April 20th.  :) :-*

Have a great day, Beakers!  Keep looking up!!
  :) :-*

« Last Edit: April 15, 2024, 02:42:50 PM by baziunc »

karengramke

« Reply #3559 on: April 15, 2024, 03:34:00 PM »

I want to know about. Little goose number 6!
Sincerely hope that was Mr. t at the nest but he is an absentee dad most of the time!
Then there is Louis!  Remarkable how human behavior is sometimes mimicked in avian and other wildlife groups!    Iris Kick him out! 
 Now, would you believe 90 degrees on the weekend?  Temos going down to the 70’s  the next week!  Ooh!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2024, 07:35:37 PM by karengramke »

baziunc

« Reply #3560 on: April 15, 2024, 03:42:12 PM »

Karen, I want to know about little gosling #6, too.  :-* I hope we get an update from RRP later today or overnight.

This is a picture of a real gator... LOL... in my retention pond, taken 2 days ago. The pic was a cell phone pic, that I enlarged many times, and then cropped - so it isn't very sharp. On the left, in the red circle, is the current resident pond gator, Swampy, who has lived at my retention pond for a few years now. You can't see all of his tail in this picture. On the right, in the red circle, is Balou, the Little Blue Heron, who is a regular at my retention pond for a couple of years now, and he is the largest Little Blue Heron I've ever seen.
   :-*

Click attached pic to enlarge.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2024, 03:46:22 PM by baziunc »

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3561 on: April 15, 2024, 03:53:26 PM »

Karen, Baz,
Posted by mod GABear on the Decorah Chat roll April 15, 2024

From Raptor Resource Project:
"What are we looking forward to this week? It's been a busy morning and it's going to be a busy week!
The goslings at N1 jumped this morning between 8:02 and 8:04 AM CDT. Five of the six made it, but one did not.  MG and PG have herded their five surviving offspring downstream to deeper, more sheltered water. Perhaps we'll see them from the N2B cam, where goslings should start hatch on or around April 20. It took just a few hours for another goose to come in and lay an egg at N1, so don't be surprised if you see more geese, eggs, and goslings in this nest. The goslings at N2B should hatch on or around April 20."

Read the full Facebook post here: https://www.facebook.com/Ra...

« Last Edit: April 15, 2024, 03:55:19 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3562 on: April 15, 2024, 04:58:16 PM »

LISA   Are you kidding?  The nest didn't even cool off yet and another goose laid another egg?  Crazy.

BAZI  That's my speed with pro golf now as well.  Very sad what has happened.  LOL  Glad someone cares enough to put eclipse glasses on that gator!  :o ::)   You live in such a wonderful place surrounded by all that nature - in your backyard and on your walks.

LANI   Thanks for the update on N1 and N2B and back to N1  LOLOL
« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 06:23:59 AM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #3563 on: April 15, 2024, 05:12:24 PM »

karen - You could have called me.  RRP announced that they did find the last one.  I felt sorry for it too, and it always seems the last one to jump is the one that either gets hurt or dies.  I broke down and turned on the AC.  The cats looked like they were dying! It's only 79° outside.  I had all the windows open, and it felt good in here.

baz - Glad to hear that your hand/fingers are healing!  Oh my, does Swampy bother Balou?

Lani - Thanks for the post from GABear!  She is a very good Explore mod!   

tsk - I kid you not.  I turned my head to watch TV, and heard a goose honking.  I look up and one is in nest.  I was like, hmmm, is MG coming back to check for #6, nope...this gal is laying an egg!  I also saw a bit ago on cam, another goose below nest laid one on that cement thing under nest.  Goose eggs dropping everywhere!

karengramke

« Reply #3564 on: April 15, 2024, 05:28:00 PM »

Thanks Lisa!  So sorry!  Amy should start climbing and taking the youngest one doen in a basket!

« Last Edit: April 15, 2024, 07:38:08 PM by karengramke »

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #3565 on: April 15, 2024, 09:05:06 PM »

Moss Landing, Ca - Kris worked there at the Moss Landing Marine Lab (San Jose State University) for 10 years until he retired in 2022.  We love this nice little town, it is special, as my Dad worked in Moss Landing for the Kaiser Brick Plant (now closed) 38 years until he retired in the 1980's.  My family has history in Moss Landing; I had 2 uncles who worked there too.  We went fishing and had picnics in this sweet little town.  Okay. enough history - sorry.

Karen- I too was hoping little #6 would show up.  It makes me sad when one of the goslings is missing after the Leap.

Lani- I was surprised to see how soon another goose showed up at the same nest where the little goslings had just jumped.  I was so hoping little #6 would be found.  This is why I didn't want to watch, but of course I had to.

Phyl - Hope your dental appt went well this morning. :)

LisaG- Thank you!

Beakers have a good night.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #3566 on: April 15, 2024, 10:54:59 PM »

Tsk- today's post by Amy was definitely one of the most interesting and informative she's put together.

Tig- continue to hope all goes well w/your heart monitor

Lani- many thanks for the Royal update and photos; will chek out videos later ---they're always great . Glad Mike is in OH safely

Eagles- dental appt went well.   The teeth are all shiny clean extra white.  ;)   Doc said he didn't see anything needing 'attention' . Glad
he was there to day. I took the opportunity to say "Good-Bye' and that I'd miss him. 15years is a long time .
We usually laugh as he's a 'Phillip' and I'm a Phyllis.

Lani, Lisa and all --many thanks for the 'Leap of Faith' report. So glad I didn't watch.  Although ,I've seen enough that it all plays out in my mind anyway.  :(
Prayer for '#6'  :'( :'( :'(  :-*
« Last Edit: April 15, 2024, 11:09:02 PM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #3567 on: April 15, 2024, 10:59:26 PM »

Good Night Everyone...SEDs. 🙏 's     

Sauces bald eagle cam

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3568 on: April 15, 2024, 11:56:31 PM »

Phyl, pretty bird on nature video... thanks for rrp, and two articles. I've bookmarked them... glad all is well with your doc visit, and you were able to say goodbye... pretty good night pic.

Tig, glad all went well at the pool... I hope the engine light is an easy fix.

Eagles, I hope your eye doc appt went well... I googled Moss Landing, it looks like a lovely community.... I bet Kris had a very interesting job with the Marine Lab.

Lisa, I'm going to miss the serene personalities of Mother and Father goose.... poor #6  :'( ... I wish the new family a peaceful life.... I can't believe another goose has laid claim to the nest so quickly.... geez, no more quiet peaceful eagle country... honk, honk, honk all day and night!

Baz, thanks for the live cam updates.. I didn't realize N2B was so close to hatching... love the gator with the eclipse sunglasses... You live in a wonderful area.... cute pic of  Swampy getting a bit of sun and Balou...

Karen, I'll post pics tomorrow of Iris and her nest redecorating. Louis came and got his way with her, then he went back to his mate at the other nest...and a new male would like Iris to take an interest in him.... She allowed one visit with him, then wing slapped him away. He needs to bring her a fish tomorrow...

Good night from Decorah North!

Praying for those who perished today, their families, the rescuers and community

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Tsk's friend Kathleen's family, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Lisa's mom, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Clynn,  Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Little Decorah gosling, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #3569 on: April 16, 2024, 06:01:55 AM »

Good Morning! Happy Tuesday Everyone.

Currently: 66F light rain  with a   High  84F sunny w/light rain and  Low 66F

Ran some errands after dental appt. After dinner I took care of some small 'things'. Then I tackled the bathroom carpet. Took me a couple
of hours.  Got carpet clippings all over my self. But, it's done. It was warm-ish out while at Lowes/ Home Depot. So , I felt a tad 'sticky' And, showered ...”turned in ‘     for the night.                       

Prayers for:     Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. Laken Riley, all those like her and family; Eaglesrock . All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; especially 'Little One' wherever she might be; The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/ 
https://greatergood.com/
https://www.livescience.com/

Sauces bald eagle cam