Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 545173 times)

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #1245 on: February 06, 2024, 08:37:09 PM »

tsk, baz, E4E and Tim/Jim I like radishes too, sprinkle a little salt on them, I can eat a bowl full! I remember Grandpa complaining about 'pithy' radishes!

E4E, your house if very pretty! so is your neighbor's truck the one under the cover on the left?  And is that the Delorean under the cover on the right side? I know what you mean about cleaning out areas and having a lot to get rid of! Seems like it doesn't take long to fill it back up though! I have a corner cabinet that I can't even get to in my eBay room, it is full of glassware on top that we, of course, never use. And a full service for 12 of my china that I was registered for when Ed and I got married is in the buffet. Have never used it. I did give the wedding gift silverware to Erin when he and Sydney bought their house.

Hi Clynn - to answer your question (I can see I didn't do something correctly in replying).
That is our property-we have a single driveway on one side of our house and a double driveway on the other side; the covered vehicle is our '94 Chevy Silverado; 7.4 liter, 454 cu big block! Hubby treats like a prized possession; only 62k miles and it runs like it is brand new.  The red 2004 gmc pick up in the driveway is his 'everyday' vehicle.  He acquired this after his Dad passed in Jan. 2020 (he paid his sister & brother some $ to keep the vehicle).    The white vehicle is my car!   In front of my vehicle is his covered Delorean (2 covers).

« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 08:43:44 PM by Eagles4evr1116 »

Eagles4evr1116

« Reply #1246 on: February 06, 2024, 08:51:00 PM »

The owls occupy a nest the eagles worked on in the pasture but never occupied!  I do not think it was ever finished.  Owls are not nest builders so the took this over as home and have not been good tenants!  They attack the eagles at night!  Anyway, some one asked if the nest was viewable on a camera and I do not know!   Saw this on FB.  It was taken and posted by Wiskernwings!
Baz, wish I had your chicken!   They are in Publix  but I have never tried or priced one,
I like radishes!  Had some in salad  tonight!  Love the crisp, chrunchy peppery bite!  Very fresh tasting! 
Eagles, nice pictures of your home and neighborhood! What is the little tree you have planted?
Lisa, darling picture of Sydney!  Didn’t you say she has blue eyes?   They look black!  She may walk before she crawls!   So al ert.

Clynn, it does not seem possible that Bella is 6!  Wow, time is flying!
Lani and Phyl, thanks for the posts and links!
Bl, that walking road looks very dangerous!   Dont go there
Seds all!

Hi Karen - The city of salinas planted the tree last spring. It is a 'Crape Myrtle' tree.

BrokenLug

« Reply #1247 on: February 06, 2024, 09:13:36 PM »

I drank a tepid beer on top of that right white boulder there on top of that very stone pillar once. 

360° view _ Jaw dropper.

The rappel down.

Mine.

The climb up don't count unless you put your feet back on the ground.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2024, 08:34:24 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Eagles4evr1116

« Reply #1248 on: February 06, 2024, 09:25:42 PM »

Tsk, you commented on our paver walkway, so here is a picture to show it at night. Hubby made the walkway a few years ago and put in-set lighting into the walkway.  The day picture didn't do it justice. ;)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1249 on: February 06, 2024, 11:05:38 PM »

« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 11:12:58 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1250 on: February 07, 2024, 12:16:43 AM »

Tsk, We love radishes. I just cleaned two bunches and placed in a container with lightly salted water for Mike to snack on throughout the week or it sliced for our salad topping.

Eagles, you did early spring cleaning. Good for you.  ;D I have a couple of boxes of items for our Payson Humane Society Resale Store.

Tig, WOW! Today was a great eagle sighting day for you! Awesome!

Karen, as cute as the owls are, I wish they were far far away.

Eagles, your home is very pretty and you live in a beautiful area near the mountains and not too far from the coast. Best of both worlds. I'm looking for the DeLorean and the gorgeous VW camper.  ;D .. it's been non-stop raining since 3pm and it's suppose to continue all night, next 3 days and snow Saturday. But, it's just a nice soaking rain.  ;D

Baz, we love radishes too, and I do the same thing with them for Mike to snack on all week. Thanks for sharing your chicken recipe. The chicken looks like a turkey... darn those Clemson Tigers  :-\

We haven't heard from Weasel or Lindygold.

Clynn, awww sweet Miss Bella  :-*. ... Mike's parents spent some at Canyon de Chelly.

Oldguy, thanks for your posts and your story.... so sad for the poor coyote, definitely looks young. Glad they could help it. I'll listen to the rest of the links tomorrow.

Good night!

Praying for Peace

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Puff, Lisa's mom, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Clynn, Lori and her grandma Clute, Eagle's mom, Tig, Karen and Piper, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1251 on: February 07, 2024, 06:08:06 AM »

Good Morning Everyone....  

Currently 29F clear    High  68F sunny,  Low 29F 

Eagles tks for the snaps,  if I recall Salinas CA - Monterey County are   very pretty areas esp near the coast.  Think I spy the DeLorean under that cover. Hopefully, your area will dry out soon.

Tsk my mother liked radishes--- They look pretty in a garden salad and she'd always add them---

Karen tks. for the owl update; tks for your recipe. Would have to omit the giblets though.   I've seen those monstrous chickens at Publix   Jim has said they've had one at  100 lbs :o  :o   I wonder, growth hormones

CLynn that's a cute/sweet snap of Bella; I have my grandmother's  a full set of Havilland in the china hutch, have never used them and won't ever part with them either.  :)

OG  tks. for update on Kilauea -report is funny. And, Kingston Trio. Those cat video are a riot! Enjoyed your memories of your parent's farm; Jim's a farm boy from Missouri--his dad was a state conservationist and organic farmer like my maternal grandfather.  My mom was a farm girl and always milked the cows with an audience of barn cats.LOL    Grandma  Olivine won prizes for her canning/preserves.  Jim's mom had a prize winning garden.
I usually serve pickled beets (my moms recipe) with dinner salad  when I add them with red onions tomatoes, celery and carrots , I call that a 'garden salad'.

BL you are the adventurer and daredevil . . with the jostling in your back pack --I bet that beer spewed when you opened it.  Yikes!

Well, guess that has me caught up from last night...

Prayers for:   Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats;  Chile;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #1253 on: February 07, 2024, 06:10:17 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

Bald eagle mating: Courtship, bonding, copulation, and other things romantic!
 February 6, 2024  RaptorResource

https://www.raptorresource.org/2024/02/06/bald-eagle-mating-courtship-bonding-copulation-and-other-things-romantic/

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #1254 on: February 07, 2024, 06:24:44 AM »

Aryana Hummingbird Lays Her First Egg of the 2024 Nesting Season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drCM_AlbdUg

Hatch Day! Aryana Hummingbird's First Brood of 2024

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw8Ps3CL7mo

Sauces bald eagle cam

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #1255 on: February 07, 2024, 07:15:34 AM »

Tsk, you commented on our paver walkway, so here is a picture to show it at night. Hubby made the walkway a few years ago and put in-set lighting into the walkway.  The day picture didn't do it justice. ;)

Beautiful lighting e4e! I see a palm tree! :D
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

Puff

« Reply #1256 on: February 07, 2024, 07:21:24 AM »

Thanks for the nice morning wakeup dance, Lani.  Pleasant way to start the day.

LORIDAVIS

• Facebook
« Reply #1257 on: February 07, 2024, 07:25:05 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

karen - This is a recent pic of her that B&K posted on FB.

tsk - She looks to be sitting up pretty good in the pic, but I did see a video of her where she is really trying to crawl.  LOL, nominating BL to walk.

Lani - Thank you...like tsk said, a milestone for Sydney 6 mos.  :D

kb - Aww, that is awesome that the ellies never forgot the caretaker.

baz - That meal looks wonderful!  I wanted those beignets too!

clynn - I hope Erin is planning a nice party for Sydney, too.  Wow, can you imagine walking that far? Love the SWFL pic this morning.

Phyl - That 1yr birthday will be here soon. 

Puff - Morning  :)

She is getting so big Lisa! Congrats on 6 months. Beautiful girl  :D
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #1258 on: February 07, 2024, 07:29:24 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, thank you for Amy's Blog, eggs will be coming to Decorah soon! I wish HM and HD had stayed at N1, but at least they are still around and RRP can report to us on them as well as Mom %& DM2. Beautiful low tide in the 365. We have been at Becky and Jennifer's Oceanside place at low tide, loved looking at all the critters you can see. Don't you wonder what will happen to your treasures when you are gone? I have thought about all of Mom's cherished momentos of Dad and her's lives and wonder...

Lani, glad that you are getting a nice soaking rain and not a storm! The big cat in the little box...  Harley.

Had to take a quick break to take my shower before Kelsey gets to hers! Sam and Sophie's first vet visit is today, have to be there at 8:30. They have been fed and now are offering their computer assistance...  ::)

OG, thanks for the glimpse into your childhood, I have some of the same memories! My folks weren't farmers, but every year (except when we were overseas) we spent Dad's one month leave at Grandma & Grandpas, with farmer aunts and uncles. They did the same things you mention, can, freeze etc  to last through the winter. Grandma & Grandpa had chickens they raised for eggs and to eat, a cow they milked and pigs they raised to eat. People who lived during the depression didn't waste anything.  Thanks for the videos, loved the funny cat one!  OMG, my Dad loved the Kingston Trio! I know every word to the MTA, Dad must have had the record! The man who never returned...

SWFL Eagles · Diane Dodge · Lit'l Bit is profiling with his mohawk for everyone! LOL sweet baby ♥

« Last Edit: February 07, 2024, 07:43:13 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LORIDAVIS

• Facebook
« Reply #1259 on: February 07, 2024, 07:30:26 AM »

Lisa, love that picture of Sydney, she is such a pretty baby! Love, love her beautiful eyes, someone said they were blue but they sure look like big brown eyes! Bella has brown eyes! Here is Bella at 6 months...seems like just a short while ago...

Aww sweet baby pic of Bella! She is growing up so fast! Somebody has a bday coming up too!! :)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2024, 08:15:31 AM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl