Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 222483 times)

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #1260 on: February 07, 2024, 07:32:20 AM »

Mornin' beakers! gotta run and take Destini to the Vet for a haircut and nails.
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1261 on: February 07, 2024, 07:37:55 AM »

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE

31 heading to 49  Frost on the ground.  Thur and Fri may break records - in the 50's  :o

CLYNN  Well we may have more radish likers than not.  I don't like the "pithy" ones too much.  Yes, I remember that a whole chicken was all you used to get and now a days is available and cheaper of course than the parts.   That is a really cute pic of Bella at 6 mos.  A great age.  So much happens between birth and let's say 2 yrs.  :-*    Gorgeous canyon.  Have never heard of this beauty.  WOW
   Wasn't Salinas the town Linda McPherson was from? ( RIP)   Good luck with the vet this AM  Great close-up at SWFL

OLDGUY   WOW  Love the farm story.  All those fresh veggies/fruits as a kid.  You were blessed.     LOLOL on the Kilauea report.   Will finish the kitten/cat vid - a good one - later.  MTA   interesting  ;)

EAGLES    Thanks for the explanation of the front of your house.   LOVE the lighting that Kris did.  He sure is a handy guy  ;) ;)

BL   Holy smokes.  Is that pillar a common place for repelling?

LANI   Sweet kitty by the fireplace.  Cats are so accommodating LOL

PHYL   Heading to Panera in a bit to meet some friends - Will sve myself for a pastry with coffee  ;D  Enjoyed your farm life stories as well.  Enviable in many ways.   Thanks for 365 and Amy's update.   Haven't seen Aryana hummer in a long time. So tiny.

LORI    Hysterical kitty bath
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #1262 on: February 07, 2024, 08:26:47 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

tsk - Sounds like we are having similar weather.  I see we may be near 60° on Sunday, wow!

Lori - Spa day for Ms Destini, I am sure she will be beautiful when done.  Thank you!  :-*

clynn - Aww, love that pic of Bella.  That was me that said, her eyes were blue.  :D  They are like a dark grey-ish blue and in some pics they look that way, and some pics they look like brown.  Good luck with vet visit for Sam & Sophie.  LOL, on offering their computer assistance. 

Phyl - Thanks for the RRP post, 365, and thank you  :-*

E4E - The lighting looks really pretty around your paved walk. 

BL:o

karen - Thank you  :-*  Love the pic of the SWFL owls. 

oldguy - Those sound like some nice gardens. 

baz - Thank you, and thanks for the hug, too.  :-*  Love the Perdue Oven Stuffer...leftovers for days!

Lani, tig, Puff and all - Morning  :)

kbshcb

« Reply #1263 on: February 07, 2024, 09:06:25 AM »

I have no info on this frog but he looks to be saying "here's looking at you"

Wow, love the farm stories as it reminds me of my Grandma/Grandpas on mother's side who were big farmers. In a rural area right on the border of MN/IA...of course as kids we visited often and in the summer I spent some time in the fields on the tractor with Grandpa.

All I remember: acres and acres of something?...they had 2 huge silos on their property next to the barn so some kind of grain? Milking cows in the barn, pigs in their place, and chickens in a coop. With a smaller garden next to the huge farmhouse.

Loved it. Grandpa died in his 50's of a heart attack and Grandma then bought a duplex in a nearby town called Frost MN..population today just over 200 but in it's hey-dey, 300.
Such a typical midwestern farmer and Norwegians, Anna and Odin were their names.

Eagles4 - thanks for showing us your lovely home. It helps I think to put a name/face to an abode.

Bought a new vacuum/stick kind and it has a light on it and the hand held part...my other one died. Oh my!. My ability to see esp. in the dark MN winters has me on a bit of an OCD thingy. I'm seeing cob webs on my basement ceilings that I just had to go after!...it's quite satisfying actually.

Heading out to pick up some in the gardens if it doesn't rain and after a bit warmer.

Morning all and Later.

BrokenLug

« Reply #1264 on: February 07, 2024, 09:54:55 AM »

BL   Holy smokes.  Is that pillar a common place for repelling?

No it is not.
In fact it is now illegal to climb it.   :(
It was illegal to climb it when we climbed it too, but there was more "looking the other way" back then.  :) ;)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2024, 10:31:22 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

karengramke

« Reply #1265 on: February 07, 2024, 10:15:56 AM »

Good Morning!   No big garden stories here!   My fathers maternal family had farms,  one a dairy farm in Wisconsin and someone on rhat side grew Burley tobacco.  He worked in tge fields as a kid in high school !  My great grandfather had a large garden at one time but by the time I was aware it was a patch of rhubarb,  raspberry bushes , strawberries and a cherry tree!   My german grandfather on that side was a butcher in Chicago.  My Mothers family, in Tn had a few farms.   They had pigs and chickens and watermelons.  Not sure what else!  Growing up we had a strawberry patch until big spiders began nesting there and it became a patch of grass!
Old guy, your families gardens sound wonderful!   So inclusive!
Eagles, nice lighted pavers and house.  Thanks  for sharing!
Housekeeper here, bbl

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1266 on: February 07, 2024, 10:26:47 AM »

awww sweet  :-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1267 on: February 07, 2024, 10:43:59 AM »

Morning Beakers!
Morning Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Phyl, thanks for nature vid and RRP blog... sweet little Hummers.  :-*

Lori, pretty photo of Eagle's home at night...

{{{Puff}}} you're so welcome  :-*

Clynn, awww sweet handsome {{{Harley}}} nice to see him.  :-* ... I hope S & S have a good checkup.... Love E23's mohawk look!

Hi Lisa okay, thanks. It's hard to see Sydney's gorgeous greyish blue eyes. They just draw you in.  :-*

BL. WOW! I didn't realize you climbed the pillar. I missed seeing your post last night.

Oldguy, Kb, Karen, Clynn thanks for sharing your family stories.

Karen, please send your HH here when she's done.  ;)

We woke up to sleet, snow, rain. It's wonderful.  ;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

BrokenLug

« Reply #1268 on: February 07, 2024, 10:50:31 AM »

BL you are the adventurer and daredevil . .

with the jostling in your back pack --I bet that beer spewed when you opened it.  Yikes!

The beer was actually very settled yet very warm by the time we cracked them open that night.   ;D

Phyl's I'm actually quite the opposite of a daredevil.

I'm a cool, calm, collect, careful, commonsense, conscientious, calculating safety first kind of climber.   8)

If you don't follow the 7 C's your a goner.

That's how I'm still typing.    :)
U. S. A.

Puff

« Reply #1269 on: February 07, 2024, 11:02:59 AM »

awww sweet  :-*

Would you believe - a cat at the spa!  Looks like Destini really feels good about it?

Cute

P

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1270 on: February 07, 2024, 12:36:59 PM »

BL you are the adventurer and daredevil . .

with the jostling in your back pack --I bet that beer spewed when you opened it.  Yikes!

The beer was actually very settled yet very warm by the time we cracked them open that night.   ;D

Phyl's I'm actually quite the opposite of a daredevil.

I'm a cool, calm, collect, careful, commonsense, conscientious, calculating safety first kind of climber.   8)

If you don't follow the 7 C's your a goner.

That's how I'm still typing.    :)

All I know is I wouldn't have bravery enough to climb that. 

Yeah I know about the '7C's---took  California EMT in the 1980s we were taught about rock/mountain climbing. It was sponsored by the CHP.

I only  took the course to be licensed to help the kids I taught in Pre-School in case of emergency.  ;)
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1271 on: February 07, 2024, 12:39:12 PM »

Back from meeting friends at Panera and now 20 min from having tea with a friend at a shop in town  Tea Lulas.  Home from that in time for a 3 PM Zoom meeting.  Busiest day of the week  ;D ;D

KB  What a colorful AM post  :)   Google search - " cruziohyla calcarifer"  but I'll just call him colorful frog  LOL
Explain that "vacuum/stick to me"  ???

BL   I wondered and thought it might have been verboten!   LOL

LANI   LOL on the AM pair smiling for the camera  ;D ;D   Finally some nice rain for you .   

So many of you have had farm experiences.   How wonderful is that!
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1273 on: February 07, 2024, 12:56:20 PM »

Destini hope you enjoy your 'spa day' at the vet. Lori  Cute kitty gif.  :)

Tsk  a person hasn't lived until they've used an out house then  been chased all the way back to farmhouse by the farm's ducks.  ;D

CLynn hope S and S have a good report from the vet today.    Tks for SWFL Eagles ·update...LOL  Lit'l Bit , he'll grow out of it.  ;)

KB 'the house' got a stick/vacuum that does the same things for Christmas 2023.

Jim home early to take me to County  Clerk's Office to pickup my specialty license plate for KIA---must get 'with it'. LOL

Good Night Everyone...
SEDs...sending 🙏 's to all

« Last Edit: February 07, 2024, 11:41:39 PM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

karengramke

« Reply #1274 on: February 07, 2024, 01:10:36 PM »

Just read their tornado we had a few days ago was a f2.  450 buildings without power and a number of buildings and homes destroyed and damaged.   Whew, I am glad it missed my neighborhood but  feel sorry about the folks  who were affected!
Housekeeper does a good job!  Fast!  Light work today.   Want her to tackle the china cabinet next time!  Oh my!  Too much stuff in there and I will have to wash a lot of it!

I would recommend talking to a realtor about folks who do the move in, move out cleaning.   That is what this one really does.