Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 544396 times)

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #480 on: January 14, 2024, 03:11:25 PM »

Great cake for Kris OG. I don't think I could bring myself to lay a knife into it.  :)

Oh... Heck... I'll just bring my fork.  ROFL
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

karengramke

« Reply #481 on: January 14, 2024, 03:24:11 PM »

Lisa , temps and conditions for driving look great along I 10 for your trip!  Monday it starts to warm up again.  Do not expect snow or ice unless there is some in Virginia and maybe NC!  Doubt it!   Meant to comment your  coffee cup sweater, earlier but got in a hurry this morning!

The little house finch was in the nest this afternoon!  Guess it was a little housekeeping visit and might be a tad warmer than a tree.   Speaking if which, I am interviewing one tomorrow afternoon .  If things work out I will cancel  some of the help!   Can always start it up again if needed!

Old Guy has been working overtime on the cakes for Kris, Wow!

LisaG1967

« Reply #482 on: January 14, 2024, 03:42:30 PM »

BL - Yep, that is my drive, and TY!!  :D

karen - I love that drive along I-10...hardly any traffic, and you can go fast.  ;D

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #483 on: January 14, 2024, 03:46:02 PM »

Happy Day, Beakers!  :)

I just hit a wrong key, and my whole post disappeared!!!  ::)  I don't have time now to recreate it, so I will just say that I hope All the Beakers are getting along okay!  :)  Zip and I are fine. I have been busy! I haven't been in The Beak, or on RRP Forum, since Jan. 6th - over a week ago! - so I have something like 20 pages to read to catch up and see all the news from The Beak! I hope all the Beakers are okay!  :)

Meanwhile, the Australian Open tennis tournament started last night at midnight my time on ESPN. You know where I was!  ;) :D  For those interested, I think it starts tonight, for "Day 2" live coverage at 7pm Eastern.  Live coverage is mostly on ESPN and ESPN2 right now, but some of it may broadcast on ABC channels some days, though I haven't checked which days, or even confirmed that - I just know it has in the past.  Replay of matches and highlights are on the Tennis Channel during daylight hours in the USA. Check your listings for times.

I look forward to catching up on all the news in The Beak! Take care, All!  :) :-*
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

BrokenLug

« Reply #484 on: January 14, 2024, 03:59:12 PM »

Great cake for Kris OG. I don't think I could bring myself to lay a knife into it.  :)

Oh... Heck... I'll just bring my fork.  ROFL

Good one camperstig. LOL.   ;D
U. S. A.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #485 on: January 14, 2024, 05:41:31 PM »

LANI   OH NO   Another sister act!    LOLOLOL       Mike is quite the sales person.  Hope these contracts are close.  ;)  LOL

KB   Good rule to live by on ice fishing.  ;) ;)

BL   LOLOL "eyelashes"

TIG   I'm with you on the fork  ;D ;D

KAREN   Who are you interviewing tomorrow afternoon?  I'm guessing just a housekeeper and not HHA?

BAZI   There you are!!!   It had to be a Tennis Open that keeps you away.  ;D ;D

Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #486 on: January 14, 2024, 06:00:02 PM »

Hi Baz!
Tsk, Housekeeper!   May cut back on days the hha come!   Are you watching The Pack?
Lisa, watch out for old leather. Legs thru Florida!

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #487 on: January 14, 2024, 06:33:49 PM »

Happy Birthday,  Kris...

...wishing you a wonderful birthday and many happy returns all  year long!

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #488 on: January 14, 2024, 06:41:53 PM »

Beakers, Thank you ALL so much for the wonderful birthday wishes for Kris!!!  He loved each and every post; from the Speedometer, delicious cupcake, vw bug, yummy cupcake, cake/candles, Happy bird day wishes, Handy tools, cute VW bus, Delorean Time Machine / yummy cakes, a Delorean with Michael J. Fox!!!.  Thank you so much!!!!  You ALL are the very best!!!! :-* ;D :) 8)

Such cold temps for so many of you Beakers.  I think we are cold when our mornings have been 31-33 deg or so, but that is nothing compared to other areas!  We talked with our son in TX this morning and he was at 9 deg.!

Tsk - Nice that B&T are in FL!
Puff - Stay in! :)
LisaG - I sure hope the weather warms up for your trip next week!   Is Jeff able to work from home during this winter weather?
OG - The Lava in Iceland  :o ::)  I bet all of you were happy to postpone the Saturday card game - much too cold to be out!
Kb - Cute pic this morning!  Sounds like your Nephew is having a good time and probably it helps to have the amenities! ;D   Love the stories of your Scott and his pictures!
Tig - Yumm!  Homemade pizza and TV - sounds perfect!
BL - You are so dependable with your weather updates, graphics, maps! Thank you!   That's right; no cutting into that lucious cake!Lol! ;D
Lani - I was going to ask about the owners spraying for the flea infestation, and I just read what you said about no fumigation is allowed on Aly's block.   That's too bad - sounds like it is a matter of health & safety.  I feel so bad for poor Dewey. :(
Karen - Enjoy watching that little house finch! :)
Baz - Oh no, so sorry about you losing your post, as you always write such nice stuff!!  You & Zippo have a nice evening. :)

Good night Beakers - keep warm & stay safe. Hugs for All!

Phyl

« Reply #489 on: January 14, 2024, 07:06:37 PM »

Enjoyed all the Sunday posts...weather updates and especially the 'Down Memory Lane' photos.

It started snowing here about 5PM with a forecasted fall of 1-3" and  tomorrow another 3" on top of todays fall .
 Our current temp is 19F above with light snow. Tonight's low is forecast at 16F above. I know, I know, I know this is no  big deal for everyone here and elsewhere....But it's for us here in Middle Tennessee.  ;)

CLynn  LOL duck in beak muffler and scarf.  What a treat checking out the Abandoned Hotel Belvédère--what a shame.  Had forgotten that about the Great Salt Lake in Utah. Thanks

Tsk those aren't just any 'ol 'gray ' kitties. Those are pure bread Russian Blue kitties. Their coat is really  a blue-gray.
Cute penguin  this AM. Playing catch-up on 'History of the World in 6 Glasses' tonight.

Lisa I will be 'so looking forward' to that video  of Sydney and her Dad   on the drums;  a bit ahead. But, safe travels next week.  The Kia had been clean up and polished with a full tank of fuel, too.  There was more.  Cute cable knit mug cozy this AM.

KB enjoyed the wolf pup and mama; what a hoot the Twitter dog all decked out in snow 'gear'.

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #490 on: January 14, 2024, 07:23:40 PM »

Good Night Everyone...
SEDs...sending 🙏 's to all . Keep warm and stay safe.

Sauces bald eagle cam

BrokenLug

« Reply #491 on: January 14, 2024, 08:03:08 PM »

kb I found what I think is a nicer looking version of the Topo map of Rush Lake, MN than the 1st one from 1983.

The older USGS hand drawn paper Quads are topographic art IMHO.
I hold dear quite a few sheets that we use to navigate presently.

The battery on a physical paper map never dies.   ;)

Second Image. It's a cropped image from the USGS Cambridge, MN 15 Minute Quadrangle map Published in 1961.

The whole 15' Cambridge, MN map sheet is way to big for the forum image size limits.
1st image is a postcard of the whole Sheet.

I was thinking maybe you or Chris could print out the map image to give some location context to Scott's Muskie hanging on the wall.

Red Dot = BL's best guess ice fishing location for a Muskie like that there then. 

If you can find out the exact date, weight and length of Scott's Muskie catch from/on Rush ?
That might add to that very worthy fish hanging on the wall.

Throwing keepers out the door I get. SOP. 
« Last Edit: January 15, 2024, 10:14:35 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

oldguy

« Reply #492 on: January 14, 2024, 08:04:42 PM »

I meant to post this earlier...
42 minutes of Bluegrass Gospel Music - Cotton Pickin Kids   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXRRCPZms2Y

This was a drone shot of the second fissure as it developed around noon (Iceland time)
New Volcanic Vent Opening Near Icelandic Homes   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuXWQ49rTdo

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

kbshcb

« Reply #493 on: January 14, 2024, 08:51:44 PM »

BL - Great idea!....I will do that tomorrow.

I found a plated date etc. that had fallen off it and took a pic of it. Sorry for the glare of my light.

She/he is 50 inches long and 29 3/4 lbs.

The date says Jan 2, 2000 which is interesting to me anyway.

I know Scott said it took the taxidermist an entire year to do what he did with the fish...and not to call him, he'd call Scott when done and he did. Is that what it's called, taxidermy?..I only know embalming, LOL

We met I'm guessing mid 2000 and married in 2001..the fish came with him to my house Dec, 2001.
He loved loved loved to tell that fish story and got very animated when he did so!

I'd only add the map should maybe be laminated..He has laminated topo maps of local lakes I still have but not of Rush or others and they've held up well.

Thanks so much

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #494 on: January 14, 2024, 10:18:18 PM »

I found a notation that said a 50 inch muskie would be about 17 years old. FYI

SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)