Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 542746 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #6886 on: August 15, 2024, 06:30:46 PM »

KAREN   I'm hearing of many Covid cases among people who I know ( not close friends)   Stay clear.

PHYL   Antali  - a nice quick preening and a trampoline bounce off the edge of the nest and away he went!!   Wonder why there are no suet feeders for the woodpeckers.  They must know something I don't know.
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #6887 on: August 15, 2024, 06:32:11 PM »

Cars traveling on Great River Road look like boats in the water.  They're leaving a wake.  That's the rain we'll probably get here tonight.  Watching on Explore Peregrine Falcon Cam.

P

karengramke

« Reply #6888 on: August 15, 2024, 08:11:29 PM »

Do I understand correctly that info from the gls tag is only retrieved when removed from the bird and scanned to read?  No constant daily tracking?
Interesting!   Baz, hope your headache goes away!
Tsk, I am only hoping the help was not  exposed before she came here on Tuesday and that my last covid shot is working!   I told the office that i did not want to see her until a week from Monday!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2024, 07:42:47 AM by karengramke »

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6889 on: August 16, 2024, 12:52:04 AM »

Tsk, Anan's black bear is eating salmon.....  Antali hasn't been seen since yesterday. Iris is sleeping on her perch tonight.  :)

{{{Baz}}} I wonder if dealing with the weather changes , humidity etc., might be causing your headaches. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/migraine-headache/expert-answers/migraine-headache/faq-20058505

Karen, Yes, the GLS will gather the data for the next three years and be read when they return to find a mate. Most of these chicks will travel the seas and head to the southwest coast of Chile and South America, and spend most of the next two years there.... I followed Tiaki two years ago on their Interactive Map they also use a tracker device. She fledged and spent time around New Zealand then other small islands on her way to the southwest coast of Chile.  ;D   https://docnewzealand.shinyapps.io/albatrosstracker/

Phyl, Thank you for the info on the beautiful hummers "Gems of the Western Hemisphere"

Good night from Brooks Falls Alaska, photos taken at 10:42pm

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Hellgate Osprey Antali, Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6890 on: August 16, 2024, 07:02:13 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...Happy glorious Friday!

Currently: 74F partly  sunny , High  97F sunny,  with  Low 74F

Hope everyone had a pleasant evening and a good night's rest.

{{{Clynn and family}}}  been thinking a lot  about all of you---love and plenty of prayers

Puff tks for your post yesterday AM about when you frist moved into  your home; nice memories
It was the same for us when we moved here at 7041. The bluebirds were here first before the house was even built. We put in the nesting boxes---
the rest is history.  ;)

Tsk suet cakes are made for woodpeckers---we buy them in the Fall/Winter months for them. Cornell might be doing the
same.  ???  The Osprey kids are eager to see the world.

{{{Karen}}} I hope you'll be spared more Covid

Bazi headaches= No fun. And, isn't a migraine

Lani your wonderful bears at  Brooks Falls Alaska, make for a beautiful 'Good Night' --awesome sunset

Prayers for:  The family of Corey Comperatore..Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.   'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . As always, Beakers/families.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #6891 on: August 16, 2024, 07:09:31 AM »

Finally Friday---by FeelMyFeelings May 2013

It’s Finally Friday,
The last day of the week,
The only one that really counts,
Watching the clock all week,
5 days of sitting and watching,
5 days of waking up at the worst hours of night,
Trying your hardest to finish,
5 long long days,
But it’s finally Friday.

It’s finally Friday,
Now we can just chill,
Just hang, Sleep!
We get to sleep, 2 days of nothing but,
Sleep!

You know you need it,
You got so tired from waiting,
Just time to sleep,
No need to wake up early,
Or stay up late, if you want,
Just sleep.

Monday it was the worst,
Tuesday, not the best,
Wednesday, just another day to remind you,
You still have days left,
Thursday, just a day thrown in for torture,
But Guess What,
It’s Finally Friday!

Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6892 on: August 16, 2024, 07:12:29 AM »

LANI   Didn't realize salmon was such a vibrant pink. :o  Nice photos from Brooks Falls

PHYL   Since we stopped feeding the birds via the feeders we keep suet cakes out during the summer as well for our resident downy and surprising all the smaller birds enjoy as well.

So an interesting thing has happened since the cicada invasion.  I've been wondering about the bites/welts I've been getting.  Didn't think too much about it until my local FB page posted yesterday the reason why so many people are "hiring exterminators", going to the doctor etc.  Well it was just published that an aftermath of such an extreme invasion of cicadas is also and extreme invasion of microscopic mites that feed on the cicada eggs!!  The bites are extremely itchy and last for about 5-6 days.  You don't feel the bites and doesn't matter if skin is exposed or not.  Just outside walking, the mites can be blown on you in the air  LOLOLOL  I currently have 4 active "bites" and about 4 already gone...Now we all have an answer.   This AM I also see more dead maple branches on the ground from our "regular yearly cicadas".
Chicagoland

Phyl

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #6894 on: August 16, 2024, 07:23:49 AM »

Tsk  pretty strawberries this AM.
Well!  That explains it---how last Sunday early AM while sitting enjoying the morning ---I got what I thought was a mosquito bite on my lower left leg. It's till there after 5 days.  It was a 'honker' and had a really hard core and cherry red.
The 'Cortaid 10' solved the itch problem. Swelling is making real progress.

Lisa not sure about dinner tonight---last night was Tex Mex. Fish on Friday?

Sauces bald eagle cam

LisaG1967

« Reply #6895 on: August 16, 2024, 07:37:45 AM »

Good Morning Beakers....TGIF!!!

baz - Sorry to hear about your headaches.  I hope they go away soon. ((hugs))

Phyl - Thanks for the link last evening.  Cute figurines this morning.  Thanks for 365.  I am not sure what we are doing for dinner either yet.  I would love to have some Chinese takeout, but I'm sure Jeff wants to grill.

karen - I hope your shot is working too, and she was not exposed before she came to your house last.

Lani - Pretty pics from Brooks Falls.   

tsk - That is interesting about the mites, and I wonder if that is the 4 bites I have on each of my legs.  We did not have a huge cicada invasion like you all did, but I am seeing some cicada shells around the yard and on my concrete patio. I have used some antibacterial cream on them for a few days, and the itch has gone away.

Puff

« Reply #6896 on: August 16, 2024, 08:19:39 AM »

Terrible thing - msg completely disappeared.    :o

I just had to add my name to the list of funny skin problems.  Like I don't have enough.

Thing is my skin is ugly and has been for a long time.  Eczema problem diagnosed in teen years.  Anyway, it is currently red spots, brown spots, white, bumpy/lumpy, and oh so itchy.  Tried my meds, nada.  Like tsk said, too, itchy like heck.  I'm going to look into cicada writeups, and see what dermatologist says. 

How'd you do with the storm last night tsk?  Lots of heavy noise from rain and thunder, and sprinkle in hail.  I never heard hail.  I'll be leaving in a while for our monthly block luncheon; I'll check gauge then.

Lani

« Reply #6897 on: August 16, 2024, 10:42:28 AM »

TGIF Beakers!
Hi Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Posted by Hellgate Osprey over 2 hours ago.

"Good Morning, #CHOWS! "Patience is the calm acceptance that things can happen in a different order than the one you have in mind." David G. Allen

Dr. Greene is looking for Antali & may have spotted him. Keep up those great positive thoughts and prayers. "

Thank God, I'm one of those nervous aunties too, waiting for news and watching for Antali to return to nest or land on pole. :-*
« Last Edit: August 16, 2024, 10:47:37 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6898 on: August 16, 2024, 11:40:18 AM »

PHYL  Glad to pass along the news.

PUFF  Enjoy your block luncheon today - Hope it is inside - Hot and humid today.  Gauge said  0 .5"  but we had rain on and off yesterday.  On my bathroom trip last night saw lightening and heard thunder but was 8-10 miles away by my scientific "count to 10" between the two  LOL  You may have had more.

LANI  Cute AM gif  ;D  Crossing our talons...
Chicagoland

Lani

« Reply #6899 on: August 16, 2024, 03:52:48 PM »

1:14pm Posted on Hellgate Osprey!
Good news!
Dr Greene has seen Antali, looking hale and hearty 1/2 to 1/3 mile upriver with Finnegan, who has been feeding him away from the nest. 
Pic from Dr Greene!  #HellgateOsprey