Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 544580 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #6900 on: August 16, 2024, 04:49:03 PM »

Lani - Cute morning pic of the lil birds.  So glad to hear that Dr. Green spotted Antali, and with Finn making sure his baby is getting something to eat!

tsk - Your scientific count to 10 ;D

Puff - Sorry about your message disappearing.  :-\

Have a good night, everyone!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6901 on: August 16, 2024, 06:36:56 PM »

LANI   Father and son trip up the river!  They didn't leave a note on the frig!  LOL  Great news

Supposed to get some rain here tonight.

Quiet in the Beak today  ;D
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #6902 on: August 16, 2024, 06:59:09 PM »

Did y'all see the posting in NN?  They opened up to let us in on the latest.  Rebuilt almost to finish.  Pics included.

Great news on Antali.  Such a good male - even stayed around after the fact.  How did she luck out in finding such a great guy.   :-*

I checked the gauge before leaving today -  Gauge showed just short of four inches.  I'm sure that's high because it had rained Wednesday night/Thursday early morning and I just never emptied it.  That must really have been a goodly amount though.

P

BrokenLug

« Reply #6903 on: August 16, 2024, 08:48:56 PM »

Back in Christchurch today 08/17/24 7 pm est.

I love the comfort food here.

NZ winter weather up by Hooker Lake Hut let us take a peek up under Mt Cooks skirt and her stars above.

She started turning a little bit ornery for the kit on hand.

Warming the bones back by a fireplace.

I have absolutely no clue exactly where I'm right now and I live for that.    :)

A spectacular hearth.  here.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2024, 09:38:14 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6904 on: August 16, 2024, 09:39:12 PM »

1:14pm Posted on Hellgate Osprey!
Good news!
Dr Greene has seen Antali, looking hale and hearty 1/2 to 1/3 mile upriver with Finnegan, who has been feeding him away from the nest. 
Pic from Dr Greene!  #HellgateOsprey

Lani, oh, this is great news! I have been quietly waiting, hopefully, for positive updates on Antali. So glad to hear Finn is "on it!" :-* Thanks so much for sharing the good news! Oh, I'm just wondering since it isn't labeled... do you know if that picture from Dr. Greene is supposed to be of Antali? I'm guessing it must be. Finn is very distinctively marked, so I'm sure Dr. Greene would feel good about IDing Finn and Antali after seeing a nearby Osprey with Finn's markings with a fledgling and feeding it.  :)  We had heard before Antali fledged that Finn had been seen staying near Sum-eh.. So now I wonder if Sum-eh is still being seen nearby, too. It seems like Finn would try to lure Antali back closer to the nest, but maybe Antali is getting some excellent Osprey-river-fishing lessons from Finn where they are! It's great to hear all seems to be going well where they are. Yay!!  :) Also, thanks for the article you linked about weather and headaches. I don't know if that might be related to mine - I have a history of headaches. I still have it, but it's better today. I'm surprised because I ended up going down the rabbit hole playing Werdle last night  ::) and didn't get much sleep - that's an addictive game!! LOLOL. Bad on me. But... while I was playing it last night, in the wee, very wee hours of the morning, I suddenly noticed I didn't have a headache! LOL. That didn't last, but it is improved today, so that's good. Maybe I will play some more Werdle... LOL... maybe I better not - I need sleep!  ;D ;D

« Last Edit: August 16, 2024, 09:41:33 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #6905 on: August 16, 2024, 09:54:33 PM »

BL, thanks for sharing your great pics of the Hooker Lake hut and Mt. Cook! Brrr! Stunning scenery - them's some big rocks! Glad you can enjoy a fire and nice hearth with comfort food back in Christchurch. What flavor comfort food are you enjoying there? I'd be hard-pressed to leave.  ;)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #6906 on: August 16, 2024, 10:42:28 PM »

Good night, Beakers. Peace.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6907 on: August 17, 2024, 12:38:05 AM »

BL, stunning mountains, glad you're having a great time.

Hi Puff  :)

Tsk, ewww, interesting about the mites and cicadas. They're almost like little noseeums.. I'm starting to itch just thinking about them. I use "After Bite" it gives me instant relief.

Phyl, cute figurines ... sweet Western Meadowlark.

Baz, The photo is of Antali taken by Dr Greene on an Cottonwood branch. Glad your headaches are better. Werdle looks like fun, but I would get a headache after awhile.

Here's an updated post on Antali.

Hi everyone,
We were a bit worried about Antali since we had not seen him since he fledged two days ago.  But we have watched Finnegan head up the Clark Fork River quite a bit, so this morning we headed up that way.
We found Antali looking hale and hearty about 1/2 mile up the river!  He was sitting on a cottonwood branch that extends over the river, and he was doing what an osprey is supposed to do - peer down in the water looking for fish!  He looks in great condition, and Finnegan has been feeding him away from the nest.  We suspect that Finnegan and Antali have their own "man cave" up the river where they can get away from the rather loud women!!  Ha!
All is well with the Hellgate Osprey family!
Erick Greene and the Montana Osprey Team

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Hellgate Osprey Antali, Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6908 on: August 17, 2024, 05:11:36 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...Happy Caturday!

Currently: 75F partly  sunny , High  90F light rain,  with  Low 72F

Hope everyone had a pleasant evening and a good night's rest.

Puff hope the block the block party   w ent well

Lani  cute bird gif ; tks for update on antali

BL tks for sharing your snaps

Prayers for:  The family of Corey Comperatore..Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.   'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . As always, Beakers/families.

The Blank Page

A canvas of white, so pure and so bright
A reflection of mind, a canvas of light
The blank page stares, a challenge so grand
A call to create, with words at command

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6909 on: August 17, 2024, 05:14:01 AM »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Puff

« Reply #6910 on: August 17, 2024, 06:25:14 AM »

Yesterday was our monthly breakfast/lunch get together, Phyl.

Our annual block party, BBQ style, different home/yard from year to year, when the men are included, comes in September, Sep 14 this year.  That is scheduled by alternating among the "group" from year to year. 

Interesting. . .one of the ladies brought up the issue of the mite bites.  Eyes opened wide from the group because some knew nothing about the bite/cicada connections.  Instead of comparing their kids' newest events the topic (that even had others in the restaurant listening) it was comparisons of each of our bites, displaying the evidence.

P     

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6911 on: August 17, 2024, 06:46:12 AM »

GOOD CATURDAY MORNING

PUFF  Lots of rain for you.  You should have gotten some more last night - It went south of me.  Hope the bites don't last as long as the "plague"  :P

BL  You are truly in the wild!!  Gorgeous.  Yet you have internet???  Is that you standing alone in the second pic?

BAZI   You are a Wordle player as well - I play in a group with my brother, nephew and niece and their spouses.  Discovered my dentist was a player too  ;) ;)

LANI    Yes they are like noseems but as I remember those from Dodgeville days they seemed to be around the waist. ::)  These show no preference  LOL

PHYL   Good family cat pose this AM  Sun/moon and bison  ;D  365
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #6912 on: August 17, 2024, 06:52:07 AM »

Good Morning Beakers....Happy Caturday!

tsk - I thought the same thing...quiet day in the Beak yesterday.   :D  Aww, pretty kitties hugging this morning.

Puff - The DNN nest rebuild was really awesome to get to watch.  Your block party sounds like fun.

BrokenLug - Great pics!

baz - Cute good night pic

Lani - Thanks for the updated post on Antali.

Phyl - Pretty kitties this morning, and thanks for the 365.

kb, tig, karen and all - Morning  :)

Lani

« Reply #6913 on: August 17, 2024, 10:46:57 AM »

Happy Caturday Beakers!
Hi Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Phyl, beautiful Caturday pics.... awesome video of Bison.

Puff, sounds like you had an enjoyable get together. I can't believe September is just around the corner. A nice month to enjoy with neighbors!

Tsk, Love your Caturday pic....  I think I've written about the noseeums here. They bite around the ankles and legs.
Aly is especially bothered with them. We've never had one on our waist. YIKES!

;D
https://x.com/i/status/1824834086298697908
« Last Edit: August 17, 2024, 11:27:19 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #6914 on: August 17, 2024, 12:51:07 PM »

Antali has returned to nest and letting his sweet mom feed him gentle bites!
I bet he stays home and takes a nice nap!!