Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 541489 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #6840 on: August 13, 2024, 11:03:21 AM »

Tsk nice bluebird greeting today  ;)

Lisa pretty strawberry tea cup w/ latte

Hurrah! for Antali . you're g rowing up.   ;)
Mom's so proud of you.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

Sauces bald eagle cam

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6842 on: August 13, 2024, 12:10:43 PM »

Here's more nest history
8/13 Hellgate Osprey cam As we anticipate Antali's fledge, here are some stats from Iris's previous chicks:
The age of her chicks at fledge is between 53-62 days.
All her chicks fledged between 06:07-10:05 am.
Sum-eh tied L'el'e on earliest calender date of a fledge, August 5.

While mom closely watches, Antali keeps testing her wings!

https://x.com/i/status/1823343859956408711

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6843 on: August 13, 2024, 12:30:43 PM »

LANI   Very cool how we can see how the kids learn to feed themselves.  Good series of screen shots.  Weights going up slightly. Boy, they are huge birds when you see them held for banding. :o  Fledge data - a tie  ;D

PHYL   " Cosmopolitan" birds - interesting.
Chicagoland

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6844 on: August 13, 2024, 12:35:18 PM »

Lani, thanks for the pics and news from Hellgate. Yay - and bottoms up for Antali!! Iris is a great mom, and I'm sure Finn is looking out nearby for Sum-eh. Both are great parents, and have done a bang-up job raising their kids this year!!  :-* :-* Thanks for the pics and news of the Royal Albie chicks... I'm thinking we won't be seeing them on camera much longer. Look at all that fish/squid/food they use for the supplemental feedings!  :-* :-*

(((Safe travels for Clynn!))

BL, wow - you have another wonderful trek in incredible surroundings on your horizon!

Karen, that was a busy day! Glad your yard crew got things picked up.

Lisa, ahhh. cut and color at the salon - almost as good as getting a massage!

TSK, oh pooh! Hate you had to re-do a post. A bother!!

Tig, you mentioned an upcoming vacay, but I must've missed where you and camper are headed for that. Is it soon?

Have a good day, Beakers!  :)

All's good around here. It's a quiet week. The humidity and temps are lower today - yay - maybe I will get my behind out for a walk, depending on if it might rain - the clouds are flirting with that idea, and aren't committing either way on dropping raindrops. So we'll see. But I haven't walked in a long time now, mostly due to the extreme heat/humidity combo making it too uncomfortable for me.

Take care, All.
  :)

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6845 on: August 13, 2024, 03:13:24 PM »

BAZI   We had a few days strung in a row where dew point was in the 50's..Was able to walk outside 3 days in a row.  Today more humid.
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #6846 on: August 13, 2024, 03:19:57 PM »

BAZ... Yellowstone and the usual sights in the Dakotas... in a couple weeks.

I'm waiting patiently for the doctor to come give me guided cortisone injections in my knees, just now.

I mowed the lawn earlier... and voted. So I can rest for a few days while I fine tune our itinerary.

TTFN

BL .... Have fun. Stay safe...
« Last Edit: August 13, 2024, 04:38:26 PM by camperstig »
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LisaG1967

« Reply #6847 on: August 13, 2024, 03:26:38 PM »

karengramke

« Reply #6848 on: August 13, 2024, 04:07:38 PM »

Thanks Lisa,

Good afternoon!  Hot but   Not as humid as it was this morning!  I think the sun burns some of the moisture off  or out of the air!    Was out with  Pippin er and there was a nice breeze wafting around!

Thanks for the news from Helgate Lani!   Good on the fledges  and interesting pictures of this e self feedings!  Iris did a great  job, as did  Finn!   He was so much nicer than  Louis!

Baz hope you got your walk in!

Tsk, Pilots can fly for 8 hours and then off for 16 so I guess they had at least 2 to 3 crews on the flight!

Bl, hope your trekking around is fun with some amazing scenery!   You can test new equipment for them!   Thank for the funny  video on stuff!  Shared  that one with folks!

Clynn is probably at her mother’s now, sipping tea?

Big Hawk in my fence this afternoon!   In contrast there was a tiny hummer or 2 at The feeder  sipping nectar!
Time to get something out of the freezer!

Tig, your trip sounds like fun and a great opportunity for Camper to take some wonderful pictures!   Hope your knee injections work!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2024, 05:36:51 PM by karengramke »

LisaG1967

« Reply #6849 on: August 13, 2024, 06:26:39 PM »

Karen - You’re welcome. 

Tig - Sounds like it is going to be a nice vacay.  Hope all went well with your cortisone knee injections today. 

Baz - lol, yes almost as good as a massage! 

Phyl - Thanks for photo gallery of the “Cosmopolitan” birds.

Tsk - We have been cooler in the AM, but by noon it’s hot. 

Night, everyone 😴

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6850 on: August 13, 2024, 06:54:16 PM »

TIG   Exciting trip!!!  Your knees will be raring to go!!

KAREN   (Thanks Lisa)   When my folks built a retirement home in Dodgeville Wi - which I've mentioned before, I think on 2 occasions we had a bat come in.   All we did was open windows and it found its way out.  Dad had wood piles which we kids and grandkids stacked in the fall on a 3 day weekend when kids were out of  school.  Cut the tree down ran the logs through the splitter and stacked them - which was my job cuz I could guarantee they would not fall  LOLOL  Anyway on one occasion, I was retrieving some dried wood to bring into the house and I uncovered a sleeping bat.  They are so cool.    Thanks for the pilot info.   Didn't know how they worked that.
Speaking about the hawk  I forgot to post several days ago I heard a screeching outside - up and down the houses in the
neighborhood.  I raced to get my Merlin ID going - and you know the sound always stops when I do this - but this time I got to record it and now I know what  red tailed hawk sounds like and confirms our guess when that fella sits on our back fence periodically
Chicagoland

Phyl

« Reply #6851 on: August 13, 2024, 08:46:21 PM »

Lani tks for the extra Hellgate update/photo

Tig ahhh Yellowstone Nat'l Parl, been a while since I've been there. Good idea w/ the cortisone injects. Good luck w/ injects and your vacation---sounds like some fun.  Your knees/legs will be ready to go.  ;)

Karen love the cute/sweet little bat narrative from Janet. Tks for sharing (Lisa).

'Severe' G4 geomagnetic storm strikes Earth, making widespread auroras likely

https://www.livescience.com/space/the-sun/severe-g4-geomagnetic-storm-strikes-earth-making-widespread-auroras-likely?utm_term=C190B63E-87C3-4395-B655-61057A13DDD2&lrh=85d7c3d5cd473d225368af62a6ed9988991e13ae1f632526d69b30725b7979c7&utm_campaign=368B3745-DDE0-4A69-A2E8-62503D85375D&utm_medium=email&utm_content=C97C11DB-E04B-4A30-927B-A98FE962436A&utm_source=SmartBrief

Here's an early Good Night --Everyone... sleep well. 

« Last Edit: August 13, 2024, 09:01:29 PM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #6852 on: August 13, 2024, 11:15:18 PM »

Bounce

The injections went very well. And no pain, so far. No headache. Just a slight elevated heart rate. I slept from 8 to 10. Camper took me to a favorite Mexican restaurant where I managed to eat some bland foods.

Some frozen yogurt with dark cherries hit the spot when I awoke.

SED
« Last Edit: August 14, 2024, 08:47:06 AM by camperstig »
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6853 on: August 14, 2024, 12:03:53 AM »

Tsk, glad your injections went well... your vacation sounds like fun.

Baz, I think the rangers put the squid, fish supplements through a blender for the  Albie chicks, yum.  ;D .. I hope you were able to get out for a walk today.

Lisa, thanks for posting the bat article for Karen.

Karen, interesting post about the bats, I thought the comments below the post was fun reading too.LOL. I don't mind them. They live here in the forest with us.
The babies sleep under the roof eaves during the day.

Tsk, cute story about your encounters with bats.

Phyl, interesting article on the G4-class geomagnetic storm.

{{{Clynn and family}}}

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #6854 on: August 14, 2024, 06:31:26 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...Happy Wednesday!

Currently: 74F partly  sunny , High  97F sunny,  with  Low 74F

Hope everyone had a pleasant evening and a good night's rest.

Lani  pug mama and pups  :)

Prayers for:  The family of Corey Comperatore..Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.   'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . As always, Beakers/families.

Wistful Winds of Wednesday

The zephyrs weep in wistful sighs,
As clouds caress the weeping trees,
A transient lover from the skies,
Seduces all with whispered breeze.

The secrets in each whispered breath,
A symphony of soaring flight,
The wind conducts a chorus’ death,
As shadows paint the earth in night.

Sauces bald eagle cam