Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 542698 times)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #6720 on: August 08, 2024, 03:03:06 PM »

Dang, I had a post almost done, thought I had hit post. Came back and hit the refresh and realized I did not hit POST! 

Puff, love the scenery at Deckhand Dave's! I would love to sit there and eat and look at the mountains all day! Yes, the Munchkins are both very flexibel! I think we were too, back in the very old days! I will admit, I did get Talon hooked on the Tillamook Vanilla Bean, my favorite!

Phyl, love that Teddy Bear sunflower! I googled it and can get seeds, Ed can plant some with Bella in the spring! It says they only get 3-5' tall, perfect for her! Whispers of the Sun, are you the author? Beautiful words!

Lani, I can't wait to see more of Dr. Greene's pictures of Iris, Finn and the kids! Beautiful shots you posted today! The Albies will soon be ready to take off? They are so beautiful, so snowy white with that splash of black! Thank you for the updates! And they all get banded tomorrow! Hope they have a video! Here is a squid beak:

kb, great pic of I-35 to Minneapolis, I have been on that road several times! I love aerial views!

tsk,my Mom used to stick leftover vegetables from dinner in the freezer, and when she had enough she would make soup. Cathy and I called it 'poopy soup', I don't know why except that it rhymed! We liked it!

Lisa, good that Bandit is back to himself, almost! Sometimes they just don't feel good! No more filet mignon for that boy! Sam loves pompoms, he chases them all over the house, he likes to get them under the rugs. Here is a pic, I heard Kelsey laughing and she was laughing at this:

I straighten rugs several times a day, kitchen and bathrooms!

baz, today is the day you get the Debby effects, right?  ;D Hope you fare well...

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6721 on: August 08, 2024, 03:20:44 PM »

Hi Beakers!

All good at my house - still have rain and wind off and on - as the remaining bands of Debby go by. That will last here till Friday night or Saturday morning, apparently - trailing bands will lag after Debby has skedaddled her way on up north and into Canada. Debby leaving her calling card. LOL. I never lost power. Yay. Zippo will be glad when Debby is a done deal - she's tired of spending the night in the Safe Room.  :D  :)

Clynn, I live in the coastal southeastern corner of NC. Great pics of The Munchkins and Kelsey!  :) :-*  Glad you have another couple Wednesdays before they start back to school! Wow on the Iowa State Fair already! Fun! Seems so early to me - my state fair isn't until the last half of October.

TSK, sounds like a fun day trip for you and Tim. I think I saw it was National Lighthouse day - yesterday, or recently? Free admission to a lot of lighthouses in these parts for that, per a news blurb I caught in passing on TV.  Oh, I'm sorry Tim took that fall. Glad to hear he's okay.

Lisa, I have no idea if Yellowstone is on hiatus right now, or if there is a current season of Yellowstone airing these days, and if so, if Costner is in it. LOL. I also don't know what season the current filming at Hellgate is for. I had just seen some mention in passing on TV that the upcoming new Season 6 won't include Costner. I'm glad ((Bandit)) is feeling okay today! Yay!  :-*  To help out, you can send me your leftover filet mignon in the future!  ;) :D :D

Phyl, are you the author of the recent poetry you have been posting? Or maybe I missed you saying who is? I guess I don't understand what you're telling me about you knew about that info I mentioned about Yellowstone and you had posted about it in the Hellgate thread. I imagine many people know about that. I don't keep up with the news about that show myself, but I was just mentioning to Lisa why I didn't think Kevin Costner would be at the filming location near Hellgate. No matter though. Those Teddy Bear Sunflowers do look cuddly!  :D

Lani, that's great news that the Hellgate Ospreys are not bothered by the filming activity.  :-*  I love Dr. Greene's photos!  :) Thanks for the Royal Albies report!  :-*

Karen, yum! Is your tuna casserole on tonight's menu?  I would like some, please, if it is - I haven't had any in I don't know how long, and I don't have anything planned for dinner yet!  ;) :D

I'm off to the kitchen to investigate my options for dinner since I have a feeling I'm not getting any tuna casserole from Karen tonight.
  ;) :D

Have a good evening, Beakers. Peace.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6722 on: August 08, 2024, 03:23:53 PM »

Clynn, I didn't see your post till after I posted... I was still composing while you were posting. LOL on Sam and the pom pom chase and the rugs!  :D :D  So cute! :-* I had Debby effects starting night before last, I guess. I've lost track... LOL!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

karengramke

« Reply #6723 on: August 08, 2024, 04:03:43 PM »

Love the sun flowers and the teddy bear type!  May look for seeds next spring!
So cheerful!  Just had a thunder storm go thru but nota part of Debby!  I think she did not like it here and keft!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6724 on: August 08, 2024, 04:27:03 PM »

LANI  I had been noting how the albie weights were declining but now I read it is supposed to be like that.  Just terrible about all the plastic in the boluses. :(  Dr Greene is such a good photographer - blurred backrounds which I like.

PUFF  Let's hear it for International Cat Day  ;D

PHYL   I've never seen a sunflower like that before.  Like a pompom. :)

CLYNN  How are your aunts doing??  " poopy soup"  I like that.  I had to buy an extra bag of pompoms ( Joann fabric) cuz I hate looking for them all  LOL  Hard to believe Everest once was the bottom of the sea.  Earth evolution is fascinating.

BAZI   Pros and Cons of food  LOL
Chicagoland

clynndunn

« Reply #6725 on: August 08, 2024, 04:40:27 PM »

tsk, Aunt Linda is doing fine, getting some P/T at home. Aunt June, not so good. She is in hospice, they told her kids just a few days left. She is so weak and nothing else can be done. So I will be heading back to Albion before long. Pic of Aunt Linda, Aunt June and Mom.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #6726 on: August 08, 2024, 05:25:46 PM »

no bounce

((( Clynn  )))

Prayers or good thoughts please. Camper has been diagnosed with a thyroid problem...medication prescribed. Thank God it was not something worse.

SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6727 on: August 08, 2024, 06:15:03 PM »

CLYNN  I'm so sorry to hear about Aunt June.  Prayers for peace and comfort during this time for your family. That's a great photo of them.  :-*

TIG  Any new diagnosis is worrisome but like you said - could be worse and this is treatable  (((CAMPER)))
Chicagoland

clynndunn

« Reply #6728 on: August 08, 2024, 06:59:42 PM »

tig, Kelsey takes medication for thyroid. I can never keep straight if it's hyperactive (overactive) or hypoactive (underactive). I haven't noticed any side effects, but she probably wouldn't say anything anyway...

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6729 on: August 08, 2024, 07:15:23 PM »

Some of you have asked if the poems I've posted are mine.   Nope not mine.  If they were I'd have 'signed' them

{{{CLynn and family}}} so sorry to read about Aunt June and her turn. I feel so sad for all of you. I've lit a
prayer candle  for peace  and  comfort on our personal alter here at the house.   What a lovely photo of your aunts and your Mom.
It'll be a treasure.
Safe travels.

Karen glad you enjoyed the sunflowers

Tig a new diagnosis is a cause for alarm- However this is treatable and  as you've said---matters can always be worse .  {{{{Camper}}}}
Prayers on going.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2024, 07:19:02 PM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6730 on: August 08, 2024, 07:21:24 PM »

Here's an early Good Night --Everyone... sleep well. 

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

oldguy

« Reply #6731 on: August 08, 2024, 07:49:42 PM »

Hello Beakers - Happy Cat Day

If Cats were in the Olympics   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeRQ1X0vPJI

LuLu Smelled What the Neighbors Were Cooking! It Was Meat! (ENG SUB)   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdLg01Gx5XQ

Summer greetings from Maru 2024   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbwS8qgNqW4
Maru being brushed while listening to birdsong   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKLjWFAg7Kc

Surprising thing to stop the cats from fighting...
Two stray cats quarreled over food every day, but were adopted by the same family!   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlvMN3LjQa0

Colt Clark and the Quarantine Kids play "Norwegian Wood"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv2RIvdhhNY

Debbie - the storm that keeps giving  :( - you can leave soon please
Multiple tornadoes today and 2 small dam failures in NC.

Hugs for those that need them...
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

BrokenLug

« Reply #6732 on: August 08, 2024, 08:25:12 PM »

It's quite the flight the wrong way mind time for sure.

My 5th one.

1st 4 courtesy of the 109th Skibirds out of NYS. 

Tsk. A wee bit business and a walkabout.

Both on their dime.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2024, 01:22:44 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #6733 on: August 08, 2024, 08:44:31 PM »

Aside...

Yes, I have had since 2000... either hypo or hyper and never can remember. A goiter, but stable... no meds.
Talons crossed his meds will improve energy, weight, etc.

SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

karengramke

« Reply #6734 on: August 08, 2024, 10:02:34 PM »

Illinois state fair began today!  Watched the ribbon cutting!
(((Camper)))

(((Clynn))).  Prayers for your family  and for (((Aunt June))).   Blessings for an easy passing for her!n