Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 540872 times)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #6690 on: August 07, 2024, 08:56:33 AM »

Debby’s current cone graphic, as of 8AM, EDT. It shows the expected 2nd landfall in ne SC overnight tonight, then moving inland through SC to NC, west of me, and on north from there. So its center isn’t expected now to come all that close to me, but its rains still will, and some wind, but not too much of that. The rain is the thing.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at4+shtml/091935.shtml?cone#contents
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

kbshcb

« Reply #6691 on: August 07, 2024, 09:43:20 AM »

Prince to be, waiting for a kiss!

Morning all.

Phyl - yes thanks. I did feel a familiar "twinge" in my back while weeding/tying up climbing roses etc., so stopped...just working a little slower than break neck speed....I have all the time in the world anyway!...LOL

Lani - I don't like the looks of all those vehicles either...the ospreys seem to be okay, but who knows really?

Seems like the TS could have been much worse for Beakers anyway than is or will be..good news.

BL - how fun to head for New Zealand...I had a fellow student from there in Chiropractic school in my class. I assume she headed back home when done, but I never followed up for sure. Her accent stood out in Southern California at the time.

LisaG1967

« Reply #6692 on: August 07, 2024, 10:12:42 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

I had an early vet appointment for Bandit.  My big guy is not feeling well.  He got an IV of fluids, something for nausea, and an antibiotics shots just in case. 
Have to keep an eye on him today to see if he eats, drinks and goes to the potty.

baz - LOL, eating your storm snacks! Oh, I see I am getting further out of the cone from your latest post!

tig - Knee replacement...big decision. 

Phyl - Your dinner sounded delish last night. Thanks for the 365.

tsk - Love Bath & Body Works hand soap, good deals on them at Christmas time. So many good scents too.

Puff - Glad you made it home after a long day. 

BL - Hope you are able to get to NZ.  I have some friends in Chriustchurch, too!

Lani - Thanks for the Hellgate pics.  I hope someone catches Kevin on cam  ;D ;D

clynn - Wow, that pic from Valley of Fire State Park, Nevada!  Is it munchkin day?  When do they start school?

kb - Glad you are taking it slow with your yard work. 

baziunc

« Reply #6693 on: August 07, 2024, 02:53:01 PM »

Howdy Beakers.  :)

All good at my place. Four or 5 tropical tornadoes so far today have forced my NOAA Weather Radio to blare loudly - all of them were either north or west of me, so far, so Zip and I didn't need to dash to our Safe Room for them. But the skies have just turned dark here, and the wind is starting to get breezy. Our biggest rains will be tonight and tomorrow, and out biggest winds, expected only to be around 50-60 mph near me, will be tomorrow and tomorrow night. The heavier rain bands are what's heading my way soon, even though the center of Debby will stay west of me after it comes back on shore overnight tonight in SC. Those heavier rain bands are what may bring more tornadoes in my direction. The "safe room" is ready if needed. Zippo slept there last night, and will again tonight, just to be on the safe side. We're still expecting 10+ inches of flooding rains to drop here, starting later today, and through Friday... mostly tonight and especially tomorrow.

Lisa, LOL, Kevin is out of "Yellowstone." He's not coming back for the upcoming Season 6. So don't think Iris and Finn will get his autograph at Hellgate.  ;)  I stopped watching it in Season 2 - got tired of the "soap" storyline that was fairly recipe-predictable, with way too much raw sex/skin scenes and hardcore violence. I have quit watching that kind of violent stuff because it isn't good for my psyche.  You're still going to get a lot of rain when whatever's left of Debby blows past you this weekend. At least that's what the word is right now. Who knows for real. LOL.  (((Bandit)))  I hope Bandit is feeling much better soon!  :-*

BL, hope your departure for NZ happens as planned, or with minumum delay... lots of rain up NY/NJ way, so hope your flight happens. Happy trails to you!

Tig, at least you have time to make a decision on potential surgery. Every situation is different, for sure. I made the decision not to do it - they will have to pry my natural leg bones from my cold dead hands.  ;) 8)

TSK, I'm glad Tim has a promising surgical solution in the works, and prayers for his quick healing and recovery afterward. How have your family members' FL homes fared this week? Some flooding still going on, and some inland rivers still collecting rains. I hope their homes stay dry!

Karen, I hope your help can come by tomorrow, if not today, if things at their home have stabilized - power outage, and such. I hope your roof and yard will all check out A-OK after your yard-helper gets to look things over. It sounds like Piper is back in his regular routine again. So glad you didn't have a long power outage or severe property damage!

Phyl, LOL on "can't get no caffeination!!" ;D   I got my caffeination today!!  Late breakfast here, at lunch time! I was dragging, so I had a larger than usual pot of coffee and toasted mini "everything" bagels with cream cheese and thin-sliced smoked salmon. Divine.  :D

Clynn, is tomorrow your last summer Wednesday with the Munchkins?

Lani, I don't like all that filming hubbub right under Iris and Finn and their kids' beaks!! I'm glad Dr. Greene was able to get up in the blind for his close-up photography before all that mayhem broke loose in the parking lot! I'm looking forward to his photos. I hope the filming there won't last much longer - seems like a lot of disturbance so close to the nest, and especially at fledge time!! Talons crossed all will be OK with the Hellgate Ospreys!!  :-*
« Last Edit: August 07, 2024, 02:58:47 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #6694 on: August 07, 2024, 03:05:35 PM »

;) :-* :-*

kbshcb

« Reply #6695 on: August 07, 2024, 03:45:32 PM »

https://youtu.be/LzyI_Hh8ufI?t=8

Soft as the voice of my mother
    Calling when night shadows fell
    Calling her children to supper
    Oh what a glorious smell

There on the dining room table
    Served from a steaming glass bowl
    Eaten with Jell-O and Kool-Aid
    Tuna, the food of my soul/

Tuna casserole, oh how dear to my lips
    Noodles and tuna and cream of mushroom and potato chips.

Only a small can of tuna,
    Mushroom soup, celery and peas,
    Mixed with a quart of egg noodles,
    Sprinkled with chips and with cheese (Velveeta cheese)

When my eartlhy journey is over
    Gladly I’ll take to the air
    Afterwards, in the church basement
    They’ll serve tuna casserole there (Lord willing)

Tuna casserole, oh how dear to my lips
    Noodles and tuna and cream of mushroom and potato chips.

Garrison Keillor

I have divorced myself from NPR after how they treated Garrison....but above is delish.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6696 on: August 07, 2024, 04:19:10 PM »

Gorgeous day today so took a "day trip" to Kenosha - 1 hour north across the border into Wis.  Ate at the infamous Franks diner.

Old railroad car been there forever.   https://www.franksdinerkenosha.com/  Then to the history museum to see AMC cars that have been in movies.  :)  Kenosha - being a waterfront town was big for all kinds of business as Wisconsin was a growing state.
Then took a walk out to the lighthouse and back - I hang on to Tim - he almost fell once but he did fall in the house when we got home  sigh...All OK

PHYL  AM singing pup   ;D   " Depresso"  Good one.

CLYNN  I remember having the Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie..45 among several other of those on that list.  Sure do remember Last Kiss  LOL   I miss our Bed Bath and Beyond.  Thanks for reminding me who bought them.  Stunning Valley of Fire WOW

LISA  Oh no  Sorry to hear about Bandit.  Did they do any tests?  I remember several cats ago Kaboodle the trouble maker ate a rubber band - which we did not know - then of course did not feel well.  As I remember after the Xray they saw it and felt it would just pass.  We had to be so careful of rubberbands after that.  How did Bandit do on the fluids?

BAZI  I presume my SIL's area in Naples is OK or she would have said something. Don't forget your Brolly  LOL

KB  Tuna casserole was comfort food when we were growing up.  :)
Chicagoland

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6697 on: August 07, 2024, 04:21:05 PM »

This was posted yesterday and you can see Dr. Greene has remained on site.  :)
8/6 ) It looks like a circus, but it is Hollywood come to Missoula. They are filming for "Yellowstone." Dr. Greene made the leaders aware of our birds and the cam.
Ospreys are very tolerant of human activity. Our Osprey family is going about their business. #HellgateOsprey

8:10, 8/7 The Yellowstone crew below admiring our family. Dr. Greene is on-site regaling them with stories of our Iris and family.  We couldn't have a better advocate for our nest than Dr. Greene. He is truly a gifted gentleman.
#HellgateOsprey

13:57, 8/7   Post meal scene with Sum-eh, Iris and Antali

Good Afternoon Beakers!

I've read your concerns about our Hellgate family.
Dr. Greene posted the crew would be there a couple of days for filming.
Our osprey family have gone about their daily business. Antali has spent some
time watching them too.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2024, 04:23:37 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LisaG1967

« Reply #6698 on: August 07, 2024, 07:05:11 PM »

Baz - Oops, I thought he was still on this season.  I don’t watch the show, so guess I should have looked before I made that comment.   ::)

Tsk - Bandit had bloodwork in Sept 2023, and it was perfect, so the vet said, let’s wait and see how he is till tomorrow.  I had given him a couple slices of Filet Mignon on Monday for lunch, and she said that could have messed up his stomach. Frank’s diner looks good. 

Lani - Thanks for the update from Hellgate.   

Night, everyone

karengramke

« Reply #6699 on: August 07, 2024, 08:48:31 PM »

Wish the film crew was parked else where but money Talks!  Tired. Today!
Good to remember Tuna Casseroles !  May have to make one!   Used to make them with macaroni!  So good no matter what you do to them!
After a cook day we got heat and humidity back!   Will be 94 the next 2 days!  So  grateful that Georgia Power got   Cannot live here without ac!
Baz, i knw you will keep an eye ob Debby!   Hope allin the emerging path stay alert and safe!
BL,  have a great trip!  When and for how Long?  I do not know anyone. From NZ but many Aussies!  Roomed with a gal in Viet Nan and a family in Alabama!  Aussies were stationed near our hospital!  Quite a group! 
And Interesting culture.

Tsk, wish I had known about the Kenosha Diner when I was visiting June in Gurnee!

Lisa, keep in mind that  outside diseases like bird and swine flu can be brought in the house on shoes!   Had a friend who had an indoor cat  test positive  for swine flu and that was how it was finall
Have a good night and sedsy determined it was transmitted!   Can did survive!

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6700 on: August 07, 2024, 08:48:53 PM »

*Edited*

Prince to be, waiting for a kiss!

Morning all.

LOL X 5 ---ROLF
A good one

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6701 on: August 07, 2024, 11:41:56 PM »

Lisa, sending prayers for Bandit  :-*

Good night!

TF chick and another beautiful sunset  :-*

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Clynn's sister Cathy, Aunt June, Aunt Linda and Mom, Clynn and Ed, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #6702 on: August 08, 2024, 06:22:49 AM »

Thursday’s Thunder

Thunderous applause, it echoes near,
As Thursday’s storm begins to clear,
The week’s momentum, it starts to build,
As I approach the final hurdle still

Good Morning Everyone.  It's Thursday...

Currently: 74F mostly cloudy , High  89F mostly sunny,  with  Low 71F

Hope everyone had a pleasant evening and a good night's rest.

Lani  TF chick in a pretty sunset,  :-*

CLynn awesome shot of Valley of Fire State Park, Nevada

Puff But, somehow, Nature tolerates and endures. God bless  'Mother Nature''

Bazi  I had  read all that about 'Yellowstone' and posted it  in 'Hellgate Osprey'  thread ;  you are most fortunate with  Debby's passing yo u by; cute skipping pup w/ 'brolly'.

KB  Nice poem;  Garrison Gellar

Lisa sorry to read about Bandit  :(     Maggie sending purrs/me prayers and pets

Prayers for:  The family of Corey Comperatore..Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.   'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . As always, Beakers/families.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2024, 06:32:09 AM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #6703 on: August 08, 2024, 06:28:55 AM »

Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6704 on: August 08, 2024, 06:33:27 AM »

62 this AM - YAY

LANI   Thanks for the update on Hellgate.  Glad Dr Greene is keeping an eye on things.  Won't be too long and the kids will be gone.
Wonder where kids park when school starts???  I read further and they won't be there but a few days.  Good  All that work for a few days. Hmmm.

LISA   Lulu has no interest in people food - not even Costco chicken  LOL  Lucy used to devour it!   Hope Bandit is better today.

KAREN   I thought about that - You would have been 30 minutes from Franks.  I think when we first met you , you were making those trips to northern Il.?

PHYL   Good title " hide and seek"  :)   You're reminding me this AM about my procrastination re: washing the kitchen floor  :o 
 All those throwbacks are familiar.  Use to to love Candid Camera.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2024, 09:46:41 AM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland