Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 533792 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #6660 on: August 06, 2024, 07:57:35 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...!

Currently: 74F partly  sunny , High  97F sunny,  with  Low 74F

Hope everyone had a pleasant evening and a good night's rest.

Lani thanks forBest of '65 songs---I was 9 then but can remember a few

Tsk  so sorry hear the diagnosis for Tim. But perhaps the surgery will be the answer. As always---sending prayers.

CLynncool owl out of a food grater; awesome bridges ,esp Vietnam

Karen tornadoes  :o, take care. How's Piper doing after the storms

Prayers for:  The family of Corey Comperatore..Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.   'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . As always, Beakers/families.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2024, 08:38:53 AM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#istandwithisrael

Phyl

« Reply #6661 on: August 06, 2024, 07:59:56 AM »

#istandwithisrael

LisaG1967

« Reply #6662 on: August 06, 2024, 08:08:23 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

clynn - Love the pic of the bridge in France, would love to drive that! 

Phyl - I am hoping after Debby passes that we have a nice cool down.  Today is another warm one with  91% humidity. Pretty sunflower eyes on the bird. 

tsk - So glad to hear that Tim got some answers of why he is in so much pain.  Good luck with the MRI, and going forward.  I know you will keep up posted!

karen - That is alot of rain, but glad that you made out ok. 

tig - Glad you got your power back. 

baz - Gonna say it again, you and Zippo be safe.   :)

Lani - Thanks for the tunes  :D  Great pics from Hellgate.

Puff, kb and all - Morning  :)

Phyl

#istandwithisrael

karengramke

« Reply #6664 on: August 06, 2024, 11:00:55 AM »

Pioer and I did go back to bed and slept some!  She was snoring and tgen dreaming, a tiny whimper and a few soft barks with a few movements of her feet!  She is so sweet!   She did eventually go out during a few slight lulls in Debby!
Wind is still  creating some swaying trees!  Back yard a real mess!  Help not coming!  Cancelled a dermatology appointment, rescheduled for mmid September!
Lol Lisa!  I will not even drive over your bridge  let alone that bridge in France.
Putt , my first car was a Plymouth Belvedere, 1960.   I had been working 5 years when Lanis 1965 music list was published!

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6665 on: August 06, 2024, 11:38:40 AM »

Hello everyone,
For the next couple of days you will notice lots of trucks and trailers in the parking lot behind the Hellgate nest.  We just found out that the movie series Yellowstone is filming in town, and they have rented the parking lots at Missoula College.
I met with a manager on site and showed him Iris and the Hellgate nest. The parking lot is going to be pretty full, but Iris is certainly used to having lots of people around. 
Best, Erick Greene and the Montana Osprey Team

Finn bringing breakfast for Iris and Antali

Good morning Beakers!
Hi Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6666 on: August 06, 2024, 12:34:51 PM »

Well, it seems I missed the storm last night - We got 3/4" of rain.  Much less humid today with lots of wind!  No sun.

CLYNN  Black and white/silver/ gray AM memes today  ;D    Cute owl - love the talons :)  No thank you on the Millau Viaduct bridge in France.  I'm more the Golden Bride type  LOL

PHYL  The bluebird of Happiness was over my head at the Bath and Body Works this AM.  They would not accept cash for my purchases -" our computer is down" ..Walked out.  One of my biggest pet peeves. :P :P   Cute little beaver  :)   That landmark "goo" would be revolutionary!  I suspect not in our life time.  They've also come up with a possible new Alzheimers drug - not on the market it..

LISA  Wonder how you learn to do those decorations in the coffee?  Only you could drive that bridge!!!  ;D ;D

LANI   WOW  I finally caught Yellowstone when it went to network as I don't stream stuff.  Not a redeemable character in that whole series  LOLOL  But was addicted to it.  So glad Dr Greene talked with the site mgr.  Hope those kids can fledge in safety. :-*

PUFF   How was your meeting?  Didn't hear from you.  ;) ;)
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #6667 on: August 06, 2024, 01:00:13 PM »

some bounce

Off to see my new knee doctor this afternoon.

I tried one episode of Yellowstone and decided not to watch further, that it was just another soap opera.

TTFN
KB... do you have power??
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LisaG1967

« Reply #6668 on: August 06, 2024, 01:08:24 PM »

tig - Good luck at the knee doc

tsk;D love driving!  There must be some kind of Barista school you go to to make pretty designs in coffee.  :D

Lani - Wow, I hope Iris, Finn and the kiddos do ok with all the extra visitors around. 

karen - Aww, Piper

Phyl - Interesting about the goo

kbshcb

« Reply #6669 on: August 06, 2024, 01:31:37 PM »

some bounce

Off to see my new knee doctor this afternoon.

I tried one episode of Yellowstone and decided not to watch further, that it was just another soap opera.

TTFN
KB... do you have power??

Saw that wonderful bridge in vietnam yesterday I think on a twitter post of the most beautiful bridges in the world. Over 20 if I remember, but thought the hand one was the best and it was number one of many.

This time I do...many in town don't....just very busy trying to catch up with weeding and other things postponed with all our rain/storms.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2024, 01:34:24 PM by kbshcb »

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6670 on: August 06, 2024, 01:37:04 PM »

Happy Day, Beakers!  :)

All good at my house. I haven't had to use my "safe room" yet, though it is ready if needed. I am under a tornado watch till 5pm today - I'm sure it will get expended. I haven't had any tornadoes yet near me, but there have been 4 tornadoes so far this morning in a neighboring county - they were about 20-25 miles from me. They generally get created along with the tropical rain bands. Some of Debby's outer heavy rain bands have gotten to me now. I have had some periods of torrential rain, but not the tornadoes at my town yet. My town is now forecast to get 12-18 inches of rain, through Saturday. The local National Weather Service office is forecasting 12 inches of rain locally, with areas of higher amounts, depending on the location of those bands of heavy rain, which create a training effect for some places. Zippo and I are just hanging out, eating "storm snacks"  ::)  LOL, and watching the weather out the window. Ho hum.

Karen, I'm glad you and Piper got back to sleep for some extra zzzzs after an early morning wake-up. LOL, cute on Piper's demonstrative dreaming.  :D :-* :-*  I'm glad you haven't lost power a second time. That happens so often with tropical weather systems - when they are "coming," and then again when they are "going,"  and also sometimes when the power companies are in the process of working on equipment while hooking connections back up, too.  I have seen on the Weather Channel this afternoon about Valdosta's gusty winds still - greater than 50 mph today at times - with you getting the backside of Debby's winds now. You will be able to wave buh-bye soon to Debby!!  ;)  Fingers crossed you don't lose power again before those winds are gone for good from your area.  :)

Waving to (((All the Beakers)))! Take care, All!  :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #6671 on: August 06, 2024, 05:26:04 PM »

Some bounce

New doctor said I should have had knee replacement 2 years ago. It is a tough decision... but I guess I need to dig in and get stronger. He said my weight could come down, but not necessary.
I'm planning to have the surgery a year from now. Sigh.
Camper was with me at the appointment. We decided to stop at a favorite burger place on the way home. Comfort food was good.
Back to the pool in the morning.

SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Phyl

« Reply #6672 on: August 06, 2024, 06:34:19 PM »

{{{Tig}}}  I hear ya on the knee replacement.  My ortho doc/surgeon is still in Paris w/ the soccer team. Think I'll call her
office and see if I can get in when she returns. Hopefully, not much of a wait.
I agree on 'Yellowstone' assessment---too soapy.

{{{Bazi}}} something tells me you/Zippo gonna be fine  ;)

Tsk never been in a 'Bath/Body Works' .R they same as 'Bed, Bath and Beyond'; glad you missed the rain and all; Oh I hope 'the goo' will not
be too far off for me and others.

Karen glad you wnet back to bed/got some Z's; hopefully no more electrical outages

Lani  Iris, Finn and kid-Os ...Dr. Green would know best I'm sure.

KB  guard your back ---you know?

Well, I think I'm caught up for the night. Time to get chow on the table.  Spaghetti w/homemade meatballs in a Italian & veggie meat sauce

Here's an early Good Night --Everyone... sleep well. 

#istandwithisrael

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6673 on: August 06, 2024, 06:44:04 PM »

TIG   I forget, did your other ortho doc retire ?  Sorry about your knee.  I think when you do finally get it done you will say like many others (my hubby included) " I wish I had done this sooner"  BUT  You have your big trip coming up and I know you don't want to cancel that.

BAZI  so you are just waiting it out.  Did you start a puzzle?  ;) ;)

PHYL  BB and Beyond and B and B Works are different. That latter is everything with scents! The former is everything.
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #6674 on: August 06, 2024, 09:33:40 PM »

Tsk, lolol an babd nw and bbandb!   So true!   No power outages and a windy day for sure!  Was kind of pleasant, actually!   MOved Tree limbs so I could get the garbage /trash container out in the street!    Jut took Piper out for the kast time and there is no trace of wind!   Wow!  Humid, hot, sticky and damp!   Ugly evening!  Tsk,  good luck with the knee!   You have been exercising so you will do fine! 
Seds