Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 531628 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #6435 on: July 27, 2024, 10:25:50 AM »

not much bounce

Remembering Bob...

Bad news... Police were next door twice last night, a dozen squads with a standoff with him holding a knife. For some reason they left without him!!!
Good news... I saw a hummingbird at our honeysuckle while I was moving the sprinkler just now.

HAGD

Ugg, tig...so sorry. I'm sorry my neighbors are back home too....gone for 3 weeks which gave me the opportunity to experience what a normal neighborhood experience is again.

Out watering in this heat!...dew point of 70 and temps climbing to 90 plus...I was going to but had a few errands to run and we are not allowed to sprinkle after 11am.
Tomorrow am on my agenda...even though it might rain tomorrow night, it's amazing how fast things can dry out.

Heading to grocery story.....ick with the temps but gotta get food!

Puff

« Reply #6436 on: July 27, 2024, 10:48:33 AM »

Why did you diss Waylon Phyl?  Part of the group but not a fav of yours?  I have a couple of their discs.

Well, now I have to go out in the heat/humidity tig.  While outside in the yard yesterday trimming a mugo pine that was blocking the path to the feeder - I emptied the hummingbird feeder but didn't refill it.  Thanks for the bump of a reminder to refill.

Hi all - lots of memories of Bob recalled - thanks for the memo.  What a guy!  Shared a new vision of the avian world to share.

oldguy

« Reply #6437 on: July 27, 2024, 11:34:27 AM »

Here you go Karen...

Celine Dion closes the Olympic Opening Ceremony   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smKqMiGXxl4

Here is fun performance from Billy Joel...
Billy Joel and his daughters   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fjgdxR55Jc
« Last Edit: July 27, 2024, 11:41:55 AM by oldguy »
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6438 on: July 27, 2024, 12:20:05 PM »

Happy Day, Beakers!  :)

I'm back from some time out-of-town. My niece, her husband, and their kids (my Littlest Greatniece and Baby Bro), and my niece's closest childhood friend and her 2 little ones, and my sister, were all vacationing on a barrier island about 95 miles northeast of me. So I ran up the coastline to visit for a couple of days. We all had a ball.  :D

We got in a great beach day - a fun time was had by all in the surf and the sand!

:o ;D

Zippo held down the fort while I was away - she had no issues to report, but wanted extra "mommy time" after I got home.  ;) :-* :-*
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6439 on: July 27, 2024, 12:38:08 PM »

Remembering Bob Anderson

Bob executive director of Raptor Resource Project operates a remote video cam positioned over our beautiful Decorah Mom, Dad, 3 eaglets Nest #1 near the Hatchery in April 1, 2011.

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6440 on: July 27, 2024, 12:42:45 PM »

Happy Caturday Beakers!
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

karengramke

« Reply #6441 on: July 27, 2024, 12:59:10 PM »

I knew a couple from Louisiana who has two dogs named Willie and Waylon !
The man had a mud business for oil companies.  I never understood this but Mike probably does.   Understood the origin of the dogs names!  Lol.

I sure remember Bob reporting to us from the  camera operating  room!  Thanks Lani!

Old Guy, thanks so much!  I will share this and enjoy it!  NBC would not let me access this earlier but your  link was perfect!

Baz, do you have a neighbor check on Zippo with fresh food and water?

Phyl, the vet I have used for Piper has only been one I have used for a year!  This is not the one I refer to as my vet!   This man and I do not jive well and I am going to look for one I can communicate with!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2024, 01:54:29 PM by karengramke »

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6442 on: July 27, 2024, 01:18:19 PM »

CLYNN  Love the sculptured "recycled" kitty.   Great shot of Iris and her kids.  My friends and I would go to school early so we could help Sister mimeograph papers and put them on all the desks.  we'd get high on the smell  LOL

PHYL  " Forgot my cat outside"  LOL and the second one too  ;D  Cartoons - " how to prepare for a zoom meeting"  LOL      365 I knew that ibex wouldn't fall but made me nervous anyway  LOL   Thank you for the tribute to Bob.

TIG   With him holding a knife and they didn't take him??   :o :o

KAREN       https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smKqMiGXxl4  Here is Celine - Was that David Foster on piano?  OOPS  I see Oldguy beat me to it  LOL

OLDGUY    How Billy Joel got through that song without missing a beat  LOL

BAZI   How great was that for you to see everyone!!!

LANI   Thanks for that great pic of Bob.
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #6443 on: July 27, 2024, 01:51:56 PM »

BAZ
I'm watching Rafa and Carlos play doubles right now...

It took some digging for me to get ahold of Hulu customer service today... to get signed back in on the TV, without needing to sign in to Disney. Phew! I will cancel Hulu as soon as they broadcast the last episode of A Handmaid's Tale.  ::)
TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6444 on: July 27, 2024, 03:20:21 PM »

I've seen  Maggie's BP taken with just this same  type 'cuff'.
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#istandwithisrael

Phyl

« Reply #6445 on: July 27, 2024, 03:31:12 PM »

Street Cat Bob and James Bowen

{{{Tig}}} & {{{KB}}} sorry y ou're having neighbor probs.  Before I/we moved to Nashville  from Missouri, I had a  next-door neighbor that owned a compression bow---need I say more?  You gals take care. Prayers.

Karen I agree w/you. Bob was a 'man for all seasons' his human family was fortunate too. FNC was all a buzz about her performance---I missed that. But so glad I didn't catch the beginning of Opening ceremony.  ;)   LOL-- serve Louis right to see what a wonderful life Iris now has for herself.

OG  thanks for the links :   Celine Dion closes the Olympic Opening Ceremony   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smKqMiGXxl4

Here is fun performance from Billy Joel...
Billy Joel and his daughters   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fjgdxR55Jc

Bazi now you have enough sand for your own private beach. LOL

#istandwithisrael

Phyl

« Reply #6446 on: July 27, 2024, 03:36:48 PM »

Why did you diss Waylon Phyl?  Part of the group but not a fav of yours?  I have a couple of their discs.

Well, now I have to go out in the heat/humidity tig.  While outside in the yard yesterday trimming a mugo pine that was blocking the path to the feeder - I emptied the hummingbird feeder but didn't refill it.  Thanks for the bump of a reminder to refill.

Hi all - lots of memories of Bob recalled - thanks for the memo.  What a guy!  Shared a new vision of the avian world to share.

P

I didn't 'diss' anyone---just didn't see everyone.  :)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2024, 03:42:31 PM by Phyl »

#istandwithisrael

Phyl

« Reply #6447 on: July 27, 2024, 03:42:01 PM »

Good Night Everyone... sleep well. 

Bob and James.

#istandwithisrael

LisaG1967

« Reply #6448 on: July 27, 2024, 04:16:41 PM »

kb - Are you feeling better?

Puff - Afternoon/Evening  :)

oldguy - I knew you could find it!

baz - Sounds like you had a really fun time.  Glad that Zippo held down the fort for you!  :D

Lani - Thanks for the pic of Bob from the shed.  I went inside this past ATF...alot more computer systems in there now.  :)

Phyl - Sleep well.

tsk - David Foster, is he the one married to Katherine McPhee?

kbshcb

« Reply #6449 on: July 27, 2024, 05:50:31 PM »

Lisa - I am but the pain is still there. It's in an odd place not clearly identifiable to me. T/L junction that wraps around the side and front a bit too. Sitting/laying and getting up are still painful.

I'd say I'm about 65 percent improved.

I'm glad to not have to do any yard work/garden etc. for still at least a week and by then I hope to be 100 percent.
Thanks.

Walking Ollie, setting up sprinklers, driving and grocery shopping are okay for me now. More than that, I'll wait for a week.
Crossing my fingers.